- DevOps Engineer with around 6 years of IT experience and with Emphasis in DevOps Methodologies and focused on Automation of Build/Deployment/Environment Management areas by implementing CI / CD pipelines to help teams deliver a better, reliable and certified software into lower level and Production environments.
- Experience with an in - depth level of understanding in the strategy and practical implementation of AWSCloud-Specific technologies including EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, EMR, ECS, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, RedShift, Lambda, SNS, Dynamo DB
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services.
- Administrator andArchitectof Cloud platforms (AWS).
- Hands on experience in AWSprovisioning.
- Created load balancers in auto scaling group for creating highly available environment.
- Creating snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Performed configuration, deployment and support of cloud services including Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Good knowledge in Developed Java API to connect with AWS S3 Services for storing and retrieving data stored in the S3 buckets.
- Experienced in designing and establishing the connectivity between VPCs of same region (VPC Peering), design VPC tunneling between VPCs in different regions.
- Experience in version control and source code management tools like GIT, SVN.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Puppet/Ansible/ Chef and knowledge on Salt.
- Setting up the High-Availability for Hadoop Clusters components and deployment using Puppet tool.
- Worked on implemented multi-tier application provisioning in Open Stack cloud, integrating it with Chef/Puppet.
- Experience in managing large-scale, geographically-distributed database systems, including relational (Oracle, MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB), DynamoDB databases.
- Accelerated system Build and test deployments using Kubernetes and Docker technologies by creating multiple light weight instances of applications.
- Developed microservices onboarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Utilized the Docker infrastructure in Centos and Ubuntu for bringing up and managing application containers spawning across multiple deployment environments.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, DockerHub, Docker registries and Kubernetes.
- Used Terraform to build, manage (versioning) the customer in-house infrastructure.
- Worked on Linux Package installation using RPM and YUM, provisioned system with LVM.
- Experience on Ansible as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manage changes.
- Expertise in Domain Name Service Integration, DHCP Design, Active Directory Integration and Elastic Load balancer designing.
- Expertise in designing and implementing Computer layer, like Amazon Machine Image(AMI) Design and customization, Automation Scripts.
- Experienced in designing and implementing auto scaling across all the environments (Dev, Production, Testing) using the golden images.
- Expertise in designing and Implement databases in the infrastructure using RDS resulting high availability, best IOPS. Leverage automated backups feature of RDS to enable point in time recovery.
- Experience Installing a WAMP Server on an Amazon EC2 Instance Running Windows Server.
- Expertise in Working on Data Encryption (Client-Side and Server-Side) and Key management securing data at rest and in transit for data in S3, EBS, RDS, EMR, Red Shift using KMS.
- Familiar to build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Expertise in configuring the monitoring and alerting tools according to the requirement likeAWS CloudWatch,AWSCloudTrail, Dynatrace Splunk Enterprise, SNMP monitoring for the VPN connections.
- Experience in configuring Elastic Bean Stalk(EBS) for developers to quickly deploy application for testing and pushing developed code for testing.
- Simplified system manageability using scripts. Shell, YAML, Python and Ruby scripts are used for configuration and event monitoring functionalities.
- Knowledge on Docker based container deployments to create self-environments for dev teams and containerization.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis (OOAD) methodologies.
- Proficient in prioritizing and completing tasks in a timely manner, yet flexible to multitask when necessary.
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Services: EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, S3, Lambda, IAM, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk, SNS, SQS, SWF, DynamoDB, RDS MySQL, Auto Scaling, Analytics.
Virtualization: VMware Client, Virtual Box, Docker
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux, Windows servers, Windows, Mac, Ubuntu
Automation Tools: Chef, Puppet, Docker, OpenShift, Vagrant, Ansible, Jenkins, Bamboo, Terraform, Kubernetes.
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Web Logic (8/9/10) and ngnix.
Database Technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB
Networking/Protocol: FTP/SFTP, SMTP, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, NDS, DHCP, NFS, Cisco Routers, Juniper Routers LAN
Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, R, XML, Java, AngularJS, React.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Perl, YAML, Python.
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Udeploy, Vagrant
Source Code Management: Subversion, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloudwatch, CloudTrail, Stackdriver, Prometheus, New Relic Logstash, Kibana, Elasticsearch
CI Tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, Bamboo
Application Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Apache Spark 1.x, Red Hat JBOSS 4.22.GA, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Confidential, Winston-Salem, NC
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates and terraform.
- Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB’s and RDS.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Deployed and managed web applications and services into AWS by using Elastic Bean Stalk.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Implemented scheduled downtime for non-prod servers for optimizing AWS pricing.
- Managed central repositories: Implemented Atlassian Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance.
- Implemented the building tools such as Ant and Maven in order to automate and enhance the overall operational environment.
- Used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Created, expanded, and configured automation in Maven to automatically build, package, and deploy Java applications to multiple development and testing environments.
- Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins.
- Integrated various provisioning and monitoring modules into a single platform using Jenkins CI tools.
- Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Jenkins CI tools.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Troubleshoot issues along the CI/CD pipelines.
- Evaluated testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration and OS component configuration to keep AWS server’s template minimal.
- Used chef for server provisioning and infrastructure automation in different environments.
- Worked for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Worked on administering the METACASE client-server architecture domain specific modeling software.
- Used Docker and OpenShift to manage micro services for development and testing.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration
- Implemented CICD allowing for deploy to multiple client Kubernetes/AWS environments.
- Created ITIL based release/change management process to track, safeguard and deliver end to end releases from inception phase through actual release deployment to Production
- Designed and implemented the backup strategy for all the critical systems such as build machines, bug tracking tools, central repositories etc.
- Member of the Technical Design team, Build and Release Module for Development of new products.
- Worked with several Java development teams to identify and meet their needs for automation and branching strategies. This often-involved analysing portions of their code and suggesting changes for standardization.
- Provided stable build environments for product development.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Used Splunk APM for Service now ticketing tool,log aggregation and analysis on different application servers and integrating the Splunkwith Single Sign-On authentication and service now ticketing tool.
- Responsible for developing data pipeline with Amazon AWS to extract the data from weblogs and store in HDFS.
- Responsible for patch management, storage administration, system projects, hardware maintenance and disaster recovery.
- Documented all build and release process related items. Level one support for all the build and deploy issues encounter during the build process.
Environment: DevOps, Java/J2EE, Git, jQuery, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 11g, Elastic Bean Stalk, Jenkins, Hudson, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Chef, Ant, Artifactory, Git, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, AWS ELB, OpenShift, AWS SQS, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, ITIL, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Ruby, PowerShell, Chef, Ansible, HDFS.
Confidential - Bentonville, AR
- Created fully automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects with Zero Downtime robust architecture.
- Used Angular JS to extend the functionality of HTML.
- Designed the user interface for the application using HTML 5, Ajax, DOM, and Java Script and AngularJS.
- Performed the automation deployments using AWS by creating EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers and used the code pipeline plugin to integrate Jenkins with AWS.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Git support, implemented, maintained the Branching, Build/Release strategies utilizing Git repositories.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins server with Ant, Maven plugins and Automated the build triggers to the testing environment.
- Stored the binaries of the build in Artifactory Maven repository by packaging all the source files and its dependencies.
- Implemented Continuous Code pipeline with multiple stages to deploy the changes in the application to the production environment.
- Performed automated deployment, SonarQube Code quality and Fortify code vulnerability analysis within Dev and SIT environments using Enterprise CloudBee Jenkins
- Worked with Jenkins to automate deployment of Dockerize applications within Non-Production/Production Environments
- Rapid-provisioning and configuration management using SparkleFormation and Chef on Amazon Web Services.
- Designed Puppet Modules & wrote Ansible Playbooks to manage configurations and automate the installation process.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on cloud environment Amazon web services (AWS) /Open stack and Dell DRAC and configuration management using Puppet and Ansible.
- Lead the rewrite of a massive Chef code base to make cookbooks composable and testable, and to facilitate the migration from Pre-production environment to Production environment.
- Implemented Chef best-practices and introduced Berkshelf and Test Kitchen to facilitate a more natural cookbook development work flow.
- Involved in setting up builds using Chef as a configuration management tool and managed the configurations of more than 30 servers.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using chef cookbooks and has Integrated chef with Jenkins.
- Introduced load-based autoscaling to increase capacity at peak times and reduce costs at off-peak times.
- Performed release, change, incident, capacity and configuration management activities in Agile & ITIL framework.
- Implemented continuous monitoring using Nagios, Amazon Cloudwatch, Stackdriver.
- Installed, monitored and configured Applications in Nginx and Apache Tomcat Server and establish connectivity to databases and troubleshoot issues on the fly.
- Managed systems routine backup, scheduled jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabled system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Understanding of data storage and retrieval techniques, ETL, and databases, to include graph stores, relational databases, NoSQL, Hadoop, MySQL and Oracle databases. Used Spark MLLIB libraries for designing recommendation Engines Analysis predicted by using Stastical analysis using R.
Environment: EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, VPC, Cloud Watch, SNS, EBS, ELB, Amazon Machine image, Angular JS, HTML 5, Elastic Bean Stack, Shell scripting, Centos 7, Jira, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, GIT, Chef, Artifactory 2.1.2, Nagios, Agile, ITIL, StackDriver, Spark, JSON, MySQL, SparkSQL
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation.
- Implemented and developed solutions enabling Development and Operations teams to build, deploy, monitor and test applications and environments.
- Implemented & maintained the Branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing Subversion.
- Used Ant, Maven and Gradle as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Drove the collaborative development of corporate standards including enterprise puppet. Participated in review sessions for corporate standards including Cloud, corporate security and react.js
- Managed Nexus Maven repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
- Configured and monitored continuous integration using Bamboo server and
- Automated the Builds, Testing of the code changes from SVN repository.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, and Maven & Nexus in Linux environment. AWS EC2 and Cloud watch services. CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins.
- Used Puppet, Custom Puppet Modules and Ruby for automation of repetitive processes done in apache, managed file and directory permissions in the different environments.
- Worked on setting up Splunk to capture and analyze data from various layers Load Balancers, Webservers.
- Used Google Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Implemented fault tolerance system, High availability, Auto scaling of the applications on the Kubernetes clusters.
- Provisioned the containers using configuration management tool puppet and configured the systems.
- Automated, Deployed the Kubernetes clusters on the Top of Openshift, Azure cloud platform and monitored the Clusters.
- Responsible for managing distributed applications across hybrid AWS, Azure and physical data centers.
- Implemented and maintained highly automated build and release process by adopting the best practice of source code management and traceability.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Redmine, AWS EC2, CloudWatch, CI/CD, Jenkins, Maven, React, Nexus 1.4.0, OpenShift, Puppet Enterprise, Bamboo, Microsoft Azure, Ruby, Unix, Shell Scripting, Kubernetes, Splunk
- Designed, implemented and supported fully automated Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, ll, UAT and Production.
- Involved in automating integration and test environments, including deploying WAR and EAR files, stopping and starting Application Servers and dynamically creating server profiles/instances and defining resources.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Configured AnthillPro, Teamcity for Continuous Integration, build Pipelines and build Management in all Production environments.
- Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining the java-based release code packages.
- Used Chef, Ansible configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Responsible for day to day Build and Deployments in pre-production and production environments.
- Written bash scripts to deploy the java-based packages like ear and war on the Tomcat Application server.
- Used uDeploy to Integrate with multiple build systems and to provide an application model handling multiple projects.
- Coordinated with all the teams before and after the production deployments for the smooth production releases.
- Automated the installation, deployment and maintenance of Middleware Application Servers to RHEL Development
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labeling of files.
- Provided the assistance for the smooth phase of Release for the Emergency Releases by getting Approval and coordinating with different teams.
- Created bespoke tools to support and enable Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and system monitoring/reporting using JSP and Shell Scripts with a MySQL database.
- Developed custom reporting tools, setting up automated health monitoring and alerting for builds and environments.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Ant, Maven, VMware ESX, Subversion, UNIX, SVN, Chef, Ansible, GIT, Tomcat, Teamcity, AnthillPro, Python, Ruby, Bash, PL SQL, MySQL