- Over 18 years of experience in Information Technology with various industries - Financial Services, Bank, Insurance, Government (DMV, Unemployment Insurance, DOR), Health Care, Education, Hospitality and B2B.
- 12 + years as Data Integration Architect for large-scale high volume enterprise applications.
- Experienced in Architecture frameworks and methodologies like HP ITGM, TOGAF, SAAM, ATAM.
- Experienced Data Architect, evaluated and successfully architected and implemented IBM Infosphere MDM and Informatica MDM / IDQ products
- As an Integration Architect, integrated large systems using SOA, EAI, ETL (IBM DataStage, Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle ODI)
- 12 years of experience in JAVA/J2EE technology.
- Experienced in Installation, configuration and Management of Middleware and Data products in private and Amazon AWS cloud.
- Experienced in analysis, design (OOAD, UML, and Design Patterns), development, testing, and rollout of application software.
- Experienced in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), ERP (Oracle Apps & SAP) integration, EAI, Web Services and Messaging, SOA suites - Oracle SOA Suite, IBM WebSphere suite and SAAJ (JWSDL),
- Experienced in application development using Web Services, Portal, BPM, BPEL, EAI, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, WCMS (Web Content Management System), Document Automation and Publishing / Printing.
- Experienced in using various Software Development Methodologies such as RUP, Agile/SCRUM
- Experienced in Design tools such as Microsoft Visio, Rational Software Architect, TogetherJ, XMLSPY.
- Experienced in debugging, performance tuning, trouble-shooting, runtime analysis, requirements gathering, and translating business requirements into technical architecture and designs.
- Experience in managing teams and with working in a Team Oriented Environment and an outstanding problem-solver.
- Experience Managing / Working with Offshore/ Offsite Teams
- Worked on multiple projects at credit Suisse involving MDM, Oracle SOA, BPM
- Defined Physical, Logical, Integration, network and data architecture.
- Evaluated ETL tools - IBM Information Server (Data Stage) and Informatica PowerCenter
- Defined MDM and integration architecture, executed proof of concepts with Workday SAAS application, implemented IBM InfoSphere MDM AE.
- Setting up of performance goals and performance tuning process.
- Modified / Tuned out of box MDM interfaces - Product, Party etc. for consuming applications
- Worked with Workday Team for cloud integration with MDM through EAI/ETL tools.
- Defined Reference Data Hub architecture - Hierarchies, Relationships, Sets/Maps, Lifecycle Management, Versioning, Stewardship and security
- Monitoring and tuning MDM server, WAS server and database server
- Defined SDP for data match and dedupe, search tuning, code extension using workbench, probability matching/scoring engine, Party, Person, Organization schema mapping, attributes modification
- Helped in setting up MDM and ETL environments for Dev and SIT.
- Supported testing and defect tracking and fixing.
- Discuss with government business analysts the requirements and come up with the solutions using Oracle middleware stack
- Defined detailed architecture and design of the application based on Oracle Fusion Middleware and IBM MDM / DataStage.
- Created High Level Design and low level design
- Redefine and fine-tuned MDM interfaces to be consumed by downstream applications.
- Prepared Design and Development, configuration and installation guides
- Developed interfaces to integration portal using Oracle WebCenter, SOA, BPM, JSF / ADF.
- Defined Governance, build and deployment strategy for the application.
- Monitoring and performance tuning MDM Server
- Documentation of best practices and guidelines for the client.
- Defined detailed Data and Integration architecture and design of individual subsystem based on Oracle Fusion Middleware (Oracle WebCenter, SOA, BPM) and Informatica PowerCenter.
- Created High Level Design and low level design
- Supported client IT team in installation and configuration of Web, Application, ETL servers.
- Worked with application team and DBA in modeling the data
- Supported build and deployment in Dev, Sit and production environments
- Supported Testing and defect fixing.
- Analyzed the as-is system and parts of the system developed by previous project attempts to develop the PRISM application
- Defined detailed SOA architecture and design of individual subsystem based on Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Architected application and data migration, integration using ODI, and data security using Oracle VPD and ADF / WebCenter
- Guided Data Architecture and modeling.
- Management the technical team and conducted trainings for client
- Defined overall SOA based architecture that was defined after working with client in the initial foundation phase of the project. Subsequently defined detailed architectures and designs of individual subsystem (like Web Services ESB, BPM, Business Rules Management System (BRMS), Interfaces, Document Automation System, core DMV application and security) were defined working with the customer chief Architect, CIO and other architects.
- Architecture governance. Organized regular architecture governance meetings with participation from various teams (DMV project had multiple teams working including client team, state IT department, HP foundation team, infrastructure and development teams).
- Performed need analysis, COTS products comparisons and trade-off analysis before recommending solution to the client
- DMV had a problem with composing and printing the documents like titles and registrations in the centralized and distributed environment. I worked with the customer IT department and visited motor vehicle agencies to understand the current issues. I presented prototypes to the customer on the document composition and printing solution using developer’s integrated environment and a web interface solution for the end users to edit and print the documents
- Prepared design cookbooks (including SOA best practices, concepts and design guidelines) on discover services, business rules and business workflows flows in MVC legacy IBM Mainframe environment and designing in the new system.
- Lead capacity, stress and performance testing planning and execution.
- Developed Effort Estimations, Project Plans and Project Charters for the subsystems applications and was responsible for project issues management and change control.
- Lead, Mentored and guided other architect and technical leads
- Prepared Authoring, configuration and installation guides for ESB/EAI, rules management system, BPM and document automation subsystems.
- Executed proof of concepts for ESB/EAI, business rules, BPM and printing subsystems use cases and their integration with each other and with core DMV JEE application use cases.
- Defined build and deployment strategy for ESB/EAI, business rules and document automation subsystems
- Conducted Presentation for DMV teams on SOA, Business Rules, BPM, Document Automation system
- Management the technical team and conducted trainings for client
- Identify integration touch point with IBM Mainframe and design / implement modernized application using below COTS products and technologies:-
- Worked with CapitalOne business and IT division to understand functional and non-functional requirements and their project objectives, conducted workshops to come up with site navigation, wireframes and Use Cases.
- The CapitalOne had a problem to reuse the Portlets that we were creating for their Integrated Loan Application system. Capitalone wanted the portlets to be created that can be reuse in the existing application and future applications. I researched and presented various options for creating inter-portlet communications that meets their business requirements. I created decision document and got the customer approval for the solution.
- Defined the SOA architecture that was required to represent deployment topology, a load balanced and failover scenario within the CapitalOne leveraged hosting environment.
- Interacted with business for requirement analysis and understand their project objectives, conduct workshops to come up with site navigation, wireframes and Use Cases.
- Identified and strategies which pieces of functionality would be satisfied by which technology, obtained approval from the customer that the requirements were satisfied and communicated areas of responsibility to the development teams.
- Modeled the business entities that were required to solve the business problem. From this structure, the business domain portion of the solution was developed.
- Prepared Architecture Decisions, Architecture Overview and Architecture Design Documents
- Developed Application Framework using Oracle Service Bus, SOA Suite, BPEL 1.1, SOAP, Rest, Oracle WebLogic portal, Spring / Spring portlet MVC, EJB, JSON, XML, XSD, XSLT, XQuery and Hibernate.
- Created technical design (incl. UML artifacts, Database). Security & SSO configuration (Authentication & Authorization) using GetAccess & Entrust.
- Interacting with other department Architects to define and implement interfaces, web services and integration strategy.
- Designed integration of portal and Interwoven TeamSite contents and strategy on Visual Science user monitoring
- Interacted with business to know about website users and understand their requirements, conducted workshops to come up with site navigation, wireframes and Use Cases. Developed UI templates using interaction patterns.
- Prepared Functional design (using story boards & flow diagrams) and technical design (incl. UML artifacts, Database).
- Designed and managed contents across the website using Interwoven TeamSite Web Content Management (WMC).
- Developed SOA based Application architect framework applying design patterns and using Spring and Hibernate.
- Designed tags on the web pages to create website visibility on the web especially ranking high with major search engines Google, Yahoo and MSN.
- Design and optimize the website usability using Web 2.0 interaction design
- Conducted site usage assessment (user research, heuristic evaluation, and site metrics analysis) with the help of Omniture SiteCatalyst an analytics solution.
- This project was SOA development to centralized services for 12 different departments of the McGraw-Hill companies. I conducted workshops with each of the departments and created functional specifications, flow charts (using Visio) detailing business processes. Follow up review sessions were conducted for approval of business process and functional design.
- Defined enterprise wide SOA Architecture, designed service orchestration at ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) level and wrapped Oracle process with Weblogic Integration Server and created proof of Concepts (PoC) for Order acknowledgement use case to show the interaction of various web services, business process and backend interaction.
- Prepared and helped preparing team technical design including detailed technical flow charts, database and listing web input/output parameters. I worked with client teams to integrate and test the web services with their multiple front end applications resolving integration issues.
- Responsible of creating and leading the presentation, included in this presentation was the strategy for identifying services, implementation of service bus, business processes orchestration and strategy to integrate with ERP (Oracle Application APIs)
- Prepared and help preparing team technical design including detailed technical flow charts, web Services / Java/ JEE, PL/SQL, database and listing web input/output parameters using Oracle OSB (Aqualogic) and Weblogic Integration Server.
- Set up the development and QA environment and supported IT department for sizing of production environment.
- Involved in functional, system, usability and UAT (User acceptance testing). UAT was conducted by different McGraw-Hill departments.
- Define & Review the detailed scope for the core insurance policy/claim management application and integration requirements.
- Created program plan that included policy/claim management application, integration project and BI project.
- Created Master Communication plan to interact with multiple teams of client - Application team, integration team and Data warehousing team.
- Created Risk Management plan defining various risk categories and identified initial set of potential risks.
- Conducted workshops in identifying the integrations between policy/claim management application, integration project and BI project.
- Responsible for reviewing and delivering all project deliverables and ensured quality
- Interacted with multiple vendors and negotiated on requirement scope and managed the deliverables from them.
- Daily interaction with offshore team to ensure the quality and timely deliverables.
- Product and technologies used for development, building and testing were I-flex Insure3 (Insurance - P&C product), Microsoft project plan (MPP), Rational Rose, TOAD, J2EE, Struts, IBM WebSphere App Server 6.0, MQ Series, WBI, Windows 2003, DB2, Junit