- Around 8 years of comprehensive experience in IT industry which includes cloud management: AWS, DevOps Engineering, Linux Administration and support.
- Experience in AWS cloud administration provisioning and managed services like: EC2, S3, VPC, AMI, SNS, SWF, RDS, IAM, ROUTE 53, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, OpsWork and Security Groups.
- Extensively worked with version control tools like SVN, GIT, GITHUB, Perforce and expertise in DevOps using tools like Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Chef, Bamboo, Gradle, Serena Products, Clear Case, Docker, Build Forge, TOMCAT, JBoss and Linux etc.
- Experience on administration of various environments in SDLC, CentOS, Ubuntu and SUSE Linux and worked on taking regular backups instances and setting up environments for the applications launching on Red hat Linux like ZABBIX and Nagios.
- Experience with Ansible Environment and involved in developing Playbooks.
- Installed and configured GIT to enable a reliable repository for Chef.
- Worked on Jenkins and Maven for Build management to automate the software build.
- Experience in continuous integration technologies Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Working knowledge of Build scripts & automated solutions using various scripting languages like Shell, Ruby, Python and Bash.
- Manage Amazon redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud and Database Subnet for isolation of resources through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Experience in managing and deploying applications to J2EE application servers/JBoss, WebSphere.
- Experience in Oracle, PL/SQL and MY SQL by using SQL for Data integrity.
- Expertise in building and deploying Java & SOA applications and troubleshooting the build and deploy failures.
- Experience in creating Cookbooks to deploy tomcat and Java applications using Chef.
- Worked on installing and managing different monitoring tools like Nagios.
- Experience in Deploying to and administering in the use of Nginix, Tomcat and Apache web server.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub, Nexus, Maven and AWS AMI's.
- Experience in Amazon AWS Cloud Services, EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Elastic IP, RDS, SNS, SQS, Glacier, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation, Route53, Cloud Watch, AWS Code Commit, AWS Code Deploy.
- Created and wrote Shell Scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python, and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Experienced with EMC Storage Administration, and Enterprise Hardware.
- Experienced on Installation and configuration of virtual machines in an Enterprise SAN and NAS environment.
- Administering of High Availability VERITAS Cluster Servers for redundancy purpose.
- Managing data backup and recovery operations using VERITAS Net Backup.
- Experience in cloud stack such as Amazon AWS and VMWARE stack.
- Experience is using Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments.
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto - scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Creating alarms in Cloud watch service for monitoring the server’s performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc.
- Kept up SVN repositories for DevOps environment via automation code and configuration.
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Docker, Maven, Ansible, Terraform
Build Tools: Jenkins, ANT, MAVEN, Bamboo, Hudson and Gradle
Tracking Tools: Nagios, Rest API.
Programming Languages: C, SQL, HTML, PHP, XML, Bash, Perl and Shell Programming, JSP, Python, Ruby
Version Control Tools: GIT, CVS, SVN, RTC, source tree
Infrastructure as a Service: AWS, OpenStack, Rackspace, Azure
Database: Oracle 11g, AWS.
Management Tools: SVM, ZFS, Filesystem, Sun Solstice Disk Suite, Red Hat LVM, JIRA, Confluence
Environment Tools: Kubernetes, Mesos, VMWare, Virtual box.
Services: LDAP, TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, SFTP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL, NIS, NIS+, NFS, DNS, DHCP
Confidential, Herndon, VA
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Utilized configuration management tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Managed Amazon redshift clusters such as launching the cluster with specifying the nodes and performing the data analysis queries.
- Deployed REST API's that were built on top of Drop Wizard.
- Constructed a RESTful API to manage infrastructure services using Python.
- Extracted the data from MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server using Sqoop and loaded data into Cassandra.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
- Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins and Continuous delivery environment.
- Used Elastic search as an open source search engine with a REST API.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Created Ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Responsible for CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins.
- Using Clover ETL migrated data to AWS Redshift.
- Creating backup of Amazon machine Images (AMIs) of EC2 instances using Packer, and critical business data for Disaster Recovery (DR) and upgrading to new instance types for better performance.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Involved in automating integration and test environments, including deploying WAR and EAR files, stopping and starting Application Servers and dynamically creating server profiles/instances and defining resources.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Worked on Nexus for deploying Artifacts and used JIRA as ticketing tool.
- Monitoring Applications and Servers through Nagios, Web Servers Administration on Apache and Nginx.
- Experienced working with Ansible tower. Integrating Ansible tower with Jenkins to deploy code to different servers.
- Create AWS instance via Jenkins with EC2 plugin and integrate nodes in Ansible and integrating AWS S3 bucket with Jenkins for backup of code.
- Implemented Continuous Integration (CI) for Java REST API micro services (Maven), Node JS applications (Grunt, Gulp), leveraging Nexus, Git Stash, Jenkins, AWS, Docker and Ansible.
- Working on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Responsible for managing the GCP services such as Compute Engine, App Engine, Cloud Storage, VPC, Load Balancing, Big Query, Firewalls, Stack Driver.
- Designed and developed client facing microservices to expose fraud risk scoring models using Python (Flask), Zappa, Lambda, and S3.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Develop CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Cassandra, Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, JIRA, Nagios, Linux, Docker, Chef, Ansible, Git version Control, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Maven, Nagios, Subversion, Jenkins, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting.
Confidential, Irving, TX
AWS Devops Engineer
- Performed AWS Cloud administration managing EC2 instances, S3, SES and SNS services.
- Installing, managing, troubleshooting, securing, configuring and tuning critical servers on LINUX platforms
- Responsible for installing, upgrading and administering the (RHEL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x & 7.x) server.
- Configure and install RHEL and CENTOS Linux Servers on both virtual machine and bare metal Installation.
- Created Puppet manifests for automating server tasks, installing and monitoring
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Used chef for server provisioning and infrastructure automation in a SAAS environment.
- Developed installer scripts using Maven, Python for various products to be hosted on Application Servers
- Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB's and RDS.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Evaluating testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration tool
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto& fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Worked Docker Management Platform, Leveraged Custom Docker Images as Containerized Apps with in the Docker Engine as Multi Stack Application like LAMP.
- Developed procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker.
- Assisted development teams in the development process, by creating UNIX Make files, ANT build scripts and maintaining up to date dependency lists
- Written Perl/Shell scripts to automate monthly & weekly reports for internal auditing and user notification.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Implemented and building tools such as Maven in order to automate and enhance the overall operational environment.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Ansible, and Maven in Linux environment.
- Managed central repositories: Implemented Atlassian Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance.
Environment: Redhat Linux 5/6/7, Ubuntu, PowerShell, Jenkins, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Maven, Artifactory, Git, AWS ELB, AWS SQS, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Ruby.
Confidential, Deerfiled, IL
DevOps/Build & Release Engineer
- Developed and supported the software Release Management and procedures.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories and the access control strategies.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Implemented & Maintained the Branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing GIT source code management.
- Worked on Administration, maintenance and support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) Servers.
- Used Ant and Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build Artifacts on the source code.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, MCollective, Custom Puppet Modules and Ruby.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Worked with Custom AMI's, created AMI tags and modified AMI permissions.
- DNS and load balancing experience on Route53.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 auto scaling groups.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery Framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven & Nexus in Linux Environment.
- Configuring the Docker Containers and Creating Docker files for different Environment.
- Migrated different projects from TFS to GIT and SVN to GIT.
- Lead and assisted with the scoping, sequencing, planning, and creating GIT environments.
- Developed procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux Container technology using Docker.
- Involved in Implementing Workflows, components, screens and Notification schemes in Jira projects setup.
- Deployed the java applications into Apache Tomcat Application Servers.
- Writing Maven pom.xml and Ant build.xml for build scripts.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups.
- Utilized WAR and JAR files for deployment of enterprise apps.
- Provided assistance for management of AWS storage infrastructure systems.
- Managed Nexus Maven repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
- Created and maintained the Shell deployment scripts for Web Logic Web Applications servers.
- Built Python apps that allowed developers to build proprietary solutions without requiring standard components.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise servers.
- Developed, Maintained, and Distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Build Artifacts are deployed into Tomcat instances which were integrated using shell scripts.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Prepared Junit test cases and executed server configurations.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, Automated Testing and Release Management.
- Responsible for User Management, Administration, Group Management, Slave Management, new job setup in Jenkins.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4, GIT, ANT, Jenkins, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Shell, Puppet, Nexus, AWS, EC2, Jira, Python, Docker.
- Responsible for installing and configuring Red Hat Linux using Kick Start server.
- Installation and configuration ESX hosts. Making new virtual machines, with Linux Redhat server, making templates, cloning VMs using VMware Virtual Client.
- Created new File systems and Logical Volumes, performed file system management and troubleshooting in Redhat.
- Installing Redhat Linux using Kickstart and applying security policies for hardening the server based on the company's policies.
- Configuration of LVM (Logical Volume Manager) to manage volume group, logical and physical partitions and importing new physical volumes.
- Involved in SAN migrations at host level using LVM mirroring and SVM Mirroring.
- Installing and updating packages using RPM.
- Managed users, disks, group’s administration, File Sharing Permissions, backup and restore operations, and networking service.
- Configuration and installation of DHCP, DNS, web (Apache), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3) and file servers on Linux servers.
- Setup, configured and maintained NFS, NIS, and TCP/IP network, setting up SSH and SCP features between hosts.
- Lockdown the local accounts to secure the environment using NIS.
- Setup user and group login ID's, password and network configuration.
- Implemented early stages of a continuous integration process based on Jenkins.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of Oracle database.
- Installed and configured Oracle RAC 11g for database purpose.
- Worked and performed data-center operations including rack mounting, cabling.
- Responsible for installing, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere and Web logic application server.
- Collaborate on monitoring and troubleshooting Servers using various third party tools like Nagios.
- Maintenance, performance, tuning and testing of servers for proper functioning.
- Network troubleshooting using 'netstat', 'ifconfig' and Worked closely with vendors on Hardware Problems, software fixes.
- Managing routine backup, scheduling jobs, enabling system logging and network logging.
- Troubleshooting tickets using BMC remedy.
- Developed bash shell scripts to automate routine activities.
Environment: Sun Solaris 2.6/7, SUN Ultra Enterprise 6000/450, SUN Ultra 10/5/2/1, Windows NT 4.0, RHEL 3.x.
- Installation and configuration of Sun Solaris, RHEL 3, 4 and 5 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) kickstart and NFS.
- Upgrading Solaris 8/9 to Solaris 10 using live upgrade and manual upgrade.
- Configured, Installed and Administered Solaris Containers (Zones) and LDOMS.
- Patched the Solaris 10 and Redhat Linux 4, 5 boxes at the latest patch cluster and patched the local zones using parallel patching.
- Upgrade the Linux from 3 to 5 using the kickstart method for the FIX application and upgrade and configured VCS 5.1.
- Worked on LDOMs on Sun T2000 servers.
- User account creation and account maintenance for various application and NIS.
- SSH Installation, Kernel parameters tuning and installing locale packages on Solaris 10
- Perform all duties related to Solaris system administration NIS, DNS. NFS, SSH, user account maintenance, backup & recovery, Auto-mounter.
- Administration of Security Regulations for Systems using CIS standards.
- Worked on VMWARE for creating the VM from scratch and template, cloning the virtual for creating new VM.
- Experience with vMotion, svMotion, DRS and HA.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Veritas Volume Manager on Sun Solaris/Redhat Linux environment.
- Experienced in redefining volume groups, migrating, mirroring logical volume using VERITAS VOLUMEMANAGER.
- Worked on Veritas Cluster 5.0 and 5.1 used on Solaris and Linux systems to manage the cluster
- Monitored systems using tools like Foglight.
- Installed patches and packages for security vulnerabilities for Linux, Solaris and Windows.
- Created SOPs as part of the documentation for SSH remediation project.
- Development of scripting tools for internal use for automation of some regular jobs using shell scripting.
- Responsible for setting up NFS server and client, Telnet server, FTP servers, DNS, DHCP, LVM, and Apache Configuration, Samba installation and configuration.
- Configured the console servers and administered the accounts.
- Make script for day-to-day task & Mass installation of the software like CCS and ITM.
- Administered and maintain account for the CVS access and worked on the day-to-day request for tagging, committing and permission to CVS.
- Certified the Linux and Windows boxes which includes the Server build and configuration and making it to match the company standards.
Environment: Solaris 9, RHEL 4.x, Web logic 8.x, Oracle9i, 10g