- 8+ years of experience in design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of Web Centric, Object Oriented large Intranet and Internet applications.
- 5 years of experience as a hands - on technical lead with strong skills in delegating of responsibilities, overseeing of deadlines and an expert in getting the job done (not just doing the job). Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical folks.
- Experience developing commercial and critical applications in diverse fields as Healthcare, Finance, Telecom, Web 2.0, online communities, portal technologies etc.
- Strong skills in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) using UML and Rational Rose tools.
- Experienced in complete development life cycle of software products - Requirement analysis, design, development, testing and implementation. I have worked with SDLC, Prototyping, the Agile development methodology (SCRUM), XP (Extreme Programming) and Pair Programming model.
- Extensive experience in implementation of SOA and Web Service standards and developing/designing SOA and Web Service based applications.
- Experience with the searching engines like Oracle Endeca, Apache Lucene, Apache Solr, Elastic Search
- Expertise in BPM applications using JBPM, BPMN2.0 and writing Drools Business Rules.
- Wide technical knowledge and extensive experience in development of REST or SOAP based Web Services .
- Strong experience in using Application servers including WebLogic 8.1/9.2/10, WebSphere 4.0/5.1/6.0. JBOSS 4.0/4.2/5.0 and Tomcat 5.5.x/Tomcat 6.x/Tomcat 7.x.
- Proficient with open source tools and frameworks - Struts 1.2/2.0, Hibernate 3.0, Log4J, Ajax, RIA, Velocity, Tiles, JUnit, Spring Framework 2.5/ 3.0 /4.0, Spring Boot, JSF 1.2, Apache Axis 1.4/2, Apache CXF, OAuth 2.0, Eclipse 3.2-3.6,Tiles, JDeveloper, Toad, ANT.
- About 4 years of experience in Web Services development using Apache Axis, CXF/XFire, Web Logic 8.1/9/9.2, RAD, WebSphere 6.1/7.0, BEA Aqualogic suite. Adept in using SOAP as well as REST.
- Automated build/install procedures using DOS scripts/ Unix (sh/ksh) shell scripting, Perl.
- At ease working in fast paced team environment with very tight deadlines. Ability to think strategically as well as tactically. Ability to talk with business team and relate with them so that they understand the value of our software in the terms they understand.
- Enthusiasm, good team-building, conflict resolution and mentoring skills are my strengths.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills. Possesses a “can do” and “never give-up” attitude. Strong leadership skills and a totally committed TEAM player.
Languages: Java, Java 1.5/1.6, C, C++, COBOL, VB, .NET, ASP, CGI, Python, Perl, MPI
RDBMS: PL/SQL, Oracle 8i/ 9i/10g, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL 5.0, Postgres, Access 2000, SQL Loader
Web Servers: Tomcat 6.x/7.x, WebLogic 8.1 /9.2/10.0 , JBoss 4.0/4.2/5.0, Websphere 5.0/6.2, Sun Application Server PE 9.0, Sun One Server, Apache
Frameworks/Components: Struts, MVC, Log4j, Hibernate 3.0, Spring 2.5/ 3.0/ 4.0, Spring IO, Spring Boot, JSF 1.2, DOJO, jQuery, iBatis, JSF, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, JTA, EJB, JBPM, MQ, SoapUI, JUnit, Struts Framework, Apache CXF, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Apache Oltu, OAuth, Ant, Maven, WS-Security, WS-Policy, Apache Solr, LDAP, Identity management, XPath, XSLT, Hudson CI
Webservices: Axis 1.4/ 1.3, SOAP, JAX-WS, JAX-RPC, Apache CXF, REST, UDDI, WSDL, WSRF, BEA Aqualogic suite, WS-* standards
Security: JAAS, JCE, JSSE, OpenSSL, OAuth, WS-Security, Spring Security.
Source control tools: CVS, Rational ClearCase, Subversion, MS Visual SourceSafe
Design tools: Rational Rose based on UML
Search Tools: Endeca, Lucene, Solr
Development tools: Eclipse 3.0/3.2, MyEclipse 5.0, JBuilder, NetBeans, WSAD, WebLogic Portal.
Build tools: Ant, Automake, AutoConf, Maven
Testing tools: JUnit, Test Driven Development (TDD), Selenium 2.0, JBehave
Reporting tools: Crystal Report
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows NT4.0 / Server 2000, Unix, Linux Red Hat, AIX, Suse, Sun Solaris
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Design, develop and support a world-class search platform serving individuals and businesses of all sizes
- Produce proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable.
- Work at the core of Elastic search and Apache Lucene open source software
- Work on challenging problems in areas such as data storage, query optimization, and JVM performance optimization
- Participate in setting a vision and objectives for Search engine Services in alignment with customer needs and market opportunities
- Architect and Develop the solutions in Java applications using Java as programming
- Designing and developing the RESTful Api for the create/read/update/delete operations
- Import large amount of data into Solr from existing Oracle RDBMS
- Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving customer needs
- Drive and work on algorithm and architecture design, execute and deliver results
- Experienced in build out of Infrastructure (as it relates to SOLR)
- Configuring and optimizing Solr relevancy in Hybris.
- Optimizing Solr Indexing in Hybris.
- Experienced individual who has a very good understanding of - Collections, replications and Shards (particularly as this relates to SOLR).
- Deep understanding of core, nodes, collections, shards, clusters, leaders, replications, disaster recovery for NRT (near Real time Systems)
- Understanding of topology in terms of how many shards, clusters need to be set up with respect to SOLR infrastructure
- Understanding of read and Write Side Fault Tolerance, sharding and indexing, Performance Tuning
- Operational Set up of SOLR clusters
Confidential, Roanoke, VA
Solr and Java Developer
- Query optimization (track slow execution query and take action accordingly to reduce time)
- Code optimization (Reduce un-necessary looping, conditional statement, garbage collection, caching implementation etc.)
- Code review in-terms of performance and security.
- Maintained and debugged applications.
- Tested and Documented website applications and code.
- Built a complex Enterprise Java ecosystem in collaboration with development team.
- Upheld program quality and delivery standards in developing software solutions.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior Java Developer
- Deciding timelines and scope of individual release working in tandem with BA’s and Project Managers.
- Cross functional reviews with other teams for JAD’s as well as high level and detailed technical designs.
- Manage the offshore team ( from UK and India). Assigning technical tasks to them. Monitor their daily progress and mentor them technically.
- Performing demos to the test teams and end users. Taking their feedback and incorporating in the project plan and release planning.
- Solution architecture, Design and development of Products and customized Applications.
- Webservice implementation, consolidation and SOA governance.
- Utilize Agile process to streamline development process with iterative development.
- Design and development of web applications- using Jquery, Java, SpringIO / Spring Boot, Hibernate.
- The system was developed in a test driven development (TDD), Extreme Programming (XP), Pair Programming environment using iterative development methodologies.
- Defined the framework, designing the processes, data modeling, form modeling using KIE Workbench, and then integrate the applications.
- Implemented the task dashboard of different jBPM workflows using BPMN 2.0, business rules using business rules using Drools Expert and browsing capability using Apache Solr with JBOSS.
- Used the JBPM api like knowledgeBase, custom human-task service, Deadline Escalation, Event Listener, composite service implementation and setting up the rules using Drools rules engine.
- Research about of JBPM process engine for use in the implementation of Flow Control System
- Design and manipulation of JBPM process for the client activities in order to manage the customer queue for each activity.
- Involved in design processes injBPMeditor, use provided api's injbpmengine to run business functions, end to end workflow Implementation.
- Deployed an Apache Lucene/Solr search engine server to help speed up the search of the technical documentation asset.
- For CMS, integrated the AEM Solr Search to enhance web portal searching capabilities, setup the Solr Cloud and refactored the HTTP Clients with SolrJ api.
- Apache Oltu - OAuth 2.0 framework for building OAuth 2.0 clients, authorization and resource servers
- Designed the Solr Schema, and used the SolrJ client api for storing, indexing, querying the schema fields.
- Created a wrapper library to help the rest of the team use the Solr database and the documentation of the Solr Rest API
- Responsible for the verification of the Solr search and indexes working and the quality before it is published.
- Solr tuning with various search strategies in the customer’s in-house developed data sets.
- Using CXF, exposed the restful and SOAP-based web services as API to be utilized by mobile applications.
- Configured and utilized ActiveMQ queues for asynchronous communication between applications.
- Developed the RESTful api to support the Standalone as well as the Solr Cloud mode, zookeeper, custom fields, NLP processing. Custom RequestHandlers, Sharding.
- The REST api includes Solr create,update, delete access to Solr 4/5 server.
- Custom Solr Request Handlers, Query Parsers, Queries and Scoring.
- Lucene/Solr tuning and profiling using jProfiler.
- Indexing Service using Solr / Lucene for catalog of services.
- Custom TF/IDF Lucene query parser and scoring algorithms.
- Site crawler using Jsoup, WSDL and direct HTML extraction using Jsoup.
- Lucene/Solr development. Replace local Lucene index with Remote SOLR service that access Lucene Index.
- Leveraged Solr API to search user interaction data for relevant matches.
- Encouraged development of testable code using interfaces and modular code. Introduced a culture of one junit test case for each functional module and have all db-driven functionality unit testable.
- Performing risk management and making sure that cost and schedule overruns are managed without VP level escalation.
- Assessing technical impact of new technologies. Moving technical resource from one module to other
- I have also designed and developed various functionalities from UI to back-end including Web-service, SOA development.
- Release planning and taking decisions on emergency patches, feature development and 11th over exclusion of functionality.
- Coordinating environment, application server, database, software upgrades and patches so that impact is minimal on development activities.
- Managing daily hand-off between on-shore and off-shore teams to ensure a smooth transition and use of multiple time zones across the globe to speed up the development cycle.
- Implemented the web services and associated business modules integration using Spring and Hibernate ORM framework.
- Using PL/SQL, written various stored procedures to enhance the performance.
- Creating development plan, effort estimation and work assignments to team
- Performing a role of ‘Lead’ in agile development.
- Defining responsibilities and reviewing deliverables for the sprints and stories.
Environment: Java 7, JSP, Servlets, EJB2.1/3.0 JMS, Spring Boot 1.4.0, Spring, Hibernate, JBPM 6.1, BAM, Drools Workbench, Kie-Workbench, Eclipse Developer Tool, jBPM Rest Service, Apache Oltu, OAuth 2.0 protocol, Guvnor 5.2, Drools, Apache Solr 5.4.1/5.3.0/5.0.0 , SolrJ api 5.4.1/5.3.0/5.0.0 , Apache Lucene, XML, XSLT, XML Parsers, Web Services, SOAP, JAXB, JAXP, JQuery, Apache CXF, Apache 2.x, Apache ActiveMQ 5.3 & 5.7, Eclipse 3.7/4/0/4.1, Agile, TDD, XP, Pair programming, JBOSS 5.5, ANT, MS Visual Studio 2008/ 2010, SQL Server 2008, Oracle DB 11i, Harvest, SCM 12, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, Jenkins, Putty, WinSCP.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Met with customers and stakeholders and explained them the value and features of the new tool.
- Designing the complete architecture of the event management integration solution based on Spring 3.0, Hibernate 3.3.2, iBatis 2.1, Spring security, Spring JMS, Webservices(SOAP and REST), Dojo, widgets etc.
- Work week is divided into: 30% design work, 20% development, 50% lead/management work.
- Deliver technical design based on user stories to the development team upon which team does implementation.
- Delivering key demos and presentations to customers and Product owner to demonstrate progress every month.
- Deciding future roadmap with product owner and stakeholders and breaking in into small deliverables which can be managed effectively.
- Developed the services framework mainly aimed to build OAuth-aware applications.
- Introducing Spring and REST together for web services (Produce, Spring MVC and consumer, RestTemplate).
- Worked on Spring Batch and spring JMS and Spring integration.
- Conduct developer interviews and make hiring and firing decisions.
- Architected solution that had following components: Spring 3 modules: Spring core, Spring MVC, Spring transactions, Spring JMS, Spring Web-services, Spring Integration, Spring JS decorations, Spring AOP.
- Implemented and evaluated iFrame based widget framework and used easyXDM for cross-domain communication.
- Evaluated the new features of Spring 3.0: REST support, annotations, simple validations and annotated validation (JSR-303).
- Developed framework for lightweight REST web services (using JSON, Spring MVC 3.0) as well as using JAX-WS, JAXB for SOAP web services. Also used Axis 2.0. Used iBatis 2 as ORM.
- Used Spring security 3.0 for LDAP authentication and authorization. Used annotations’ and taglibs. Employed Spring ACL features.
- Worked with Spring AOP for email alert functionality. Used annotation based transactions.
- UI Development using Spring js and Spring Dojo. Developed several widgets that can are self-sustained and can be used by multiple providers.
- Delivered multiple presentations to stakeholders to get funding for the project.
- Designing and developing the portal core module on which other modules are built upon from scratch.
- Adopted use of annotations feature of Spring 2.5 and beyond.
- Lead the development effort and be the point of contact with project manager and mentor the development team.
- Working with UI engineers to create an effective UI with special consideration to the user group(mainly age 55 and above)
- Hooked content negotiation functionality from Spring 3.0 to Spring 2.5.
- Spring transactions with iBatis and Hibernate.
- Wrote Java to Json and vice versa conversion service using Jackson library.’
- Develop flows based on Spring webflow 2.0.8. Used Spring DOJO decorations for AJAX, validation etc.
- Developed client for interfacing with SSO module of Confidential .org team. This included, writing a client for their REST web service, creating and using digital X.509 based certificates.
- Used Spring security 3.0 for custom authentication and authorization thru’ taglibs. Employed Spring ACL features.
- Created authorization adapters and managers for interfacing with security jar files.
- Migration from Spring Weblfow 1.0 to 2.0.
Environment: Java 1.5/1.6, Tomcat 6, Spring 2.5.6/Spring 3.0, UML, iBatis 2.1, Spring Webflow 2.0, REST web services, JSON, Tiles 2.1, DOJO 1.4, Ajax, SOAP UI, Eclipse 3.5.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Architected some of the existing custom written validation rules into standard Struts framework to promote ease-of-use.
- Managed Technical lead responsibilities including being the sole point of contact with the client.
- Developed JSP, Servlets and Struts on Web Logic Platform 8.1 using MyEclipse Workbench 5.1 adhering the MVC2 model and adopting the J2EE design patterns such as Session Facade, Business Delegate patterns, etc
- Developed SOAP and RESTful Web Services .
- Responsible for complete front-end development in this project from designing the mock-ups based on the new functional requirements to actually implementing all the enhancements.
- Coding the dynamic content of screens using JSP’s and Servlets.
- Re-worked a part of the site using XHTML, CSS.
- Developed RESTful Web Services for outside client consumption and the end result was that the clients ended up liking this approach as against the SOAP approach.
- Generated java, J2ee in sync with various diagrams such as class diagrams, sequence diagrams etc.
- Developed Ajax based web applications.
- Extensively used Java 5 features such as generics, annotations, autoboxing etc.
- Used Axis 1.4 as a Web Service toolkit to generate and consume web-services.
- Implementing Session EJB’s based on the business logic and using the appropriate EJB design patterns.
- Employed performance-tuning techniques in J2EE to improve performance in different tiers.
- Perform SQL queries and stored procedures on the Oracle 9i database and creating/inserting/updating data for testing the application using stored procedures.
- Developed pilot Spring framework projects for commercial evaluation.