Sameer is an accomplished, innovative, result - driven professional with several years of information technology professional experience. He has a proven ability as a Java Developer in full software development life cycle including requirement analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and maintenance.
- Experienced in developing WebServices and API’s for Enterprise web applications using J2EE, JAVA7, JAVA 8, Collections API, Generics, JDBC and User Interface (UI) for mobile and web applications using HTML 5, CSS3, Angular JS 1.x, AJAX, JSON and XML.
- Working experience with third party web services APIs and Web Services using REST and SOAP. Worked with Front End editors like Sublime Text and WebStorm, intellij and Eclipse IDE and unit test frameworks like Phantom Js, Jasmine and Karma, JUnit4.
- Strong background with database design using PL/SQL to write Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and strong experience in writing complex queries, using Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, DB2, SQL Server and MySQL.
- Professional understanding of Software development life cycle as well as various phases such as Analysis, Design, Development and Testing.
- Excellent team player, self-starter and good at Multi-Tasking, with demonstrated Leadership skills and process oriented and with ability to handle deadlines for multiple projects in fast paced environment. Solid analytical skills, exceptionally strong problem solving, decision making,andpeople managementskills.
- Worked as Onsite Coordinator handling multiple concurrent teams across different geographical locations with teams averaging a peak size of 5-10 team members collectively.
Web Technologies: HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, SASS, AJAX, JSON, XML, Angular JS 1x, JAVA 7, 8, J2EE, HP ALM, UCD, IBM Websphere, SOAP, REST.
Operating system: Windows, Mac OS
Languages: JAVA 7, SQL, PL/SQL,JAVA8
Servers: Apache Tomcat, IBM Websphere.
IDE: WebStorm, intellij, Eclipse, Netbeans, Notepad++, Adobe Sublime Text Editor
Database: MYSQL, NOSQL Couchbase, Oracle11g.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, Iteration.
Version Control tools: Git, Subversion, Perforce
Debugger: Chrome Developer toolbar, Firebug, IE Developer toolbar. Unit testing, End to end testing, Jasmine and Karma.
Confidential, Westfield Center, OH
- Part of System of Underwriting Project at Confidential which serves the clients mainly being the Insurance Agencies and Agents who sell the Insurance Policies. Working with Electronic content Management (ECM) Team which is intended to manage the documents for policy, claims and billing. Using Thunderhead/ Smartcomm as the document and drafts generation tool and Filenet as the document storage and retrieval.
- My responsibilities as a JAVA Developer include developing the WEB SERVICES that help to interact with the Third party API’s. Using JAVA7 standards to develop the J2EE application. Used Servlets, EJB, Lombok as part of the J2EE development. Performing the JUnit tests using Mockito framework to achieve the code coverage over 80%.
- Using SonarQube to test the code quality and checking code standards. Using Jenkins as the Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CICD) Tool. Using SOAP and REST calls to transfer the messages between the web services. JAXB for marshalling and Unmarshalling the XML. Using DyanaTrace Tool to check the performance of Web Services.
- The project is targeted to automate the manual processing of the claims and other business documents to its clients. Using WAS (Websphere Application server) and SAML requests for the authentication as the security protocol for Thunderhead proxy for Documents and Drafts Generation. Running SOA Tests for Successful Web Services Integration.
- Developing API’s to handle the CRUD operations for draft and documents. Transform and Data Handler JAVA extensions to handle the XML data model. Using Gradle for build scripts, Perforce for the code management and Urban Code Deploy (UCD) for the deployment.
Technologies: Java, Eclipse, XML, JSON, WEBSPHERE, GRADLE, PERFORCE, WEB SERVICES, J2EE, JAVA7. SOA TestSuite, SOAP, REST, DyanaTrace, JENKINS, HP ALM, UCD.
Confidential, New Orleans, LA
- Developed UI for the Field Vision project with GE which is an IOS application which provides services to the Field Engineers working on site at Confidential . Worked closely with the Business and UX team to identify the requirements and played a key role as a Front End lead representing the pod.
- Field Vision is an application with architecture which allows it to work both offline and online. Used NoSQL Couch base DB as a black box between the Front End and Back End which helps the app to work off line and Synchronizes immediately when connected online.
- Was part of the team which worked on the Tool Request Form module which allows the field Engineer to select and order the tools for an outage based on the region where the outage is defined. Used Agile as the design methodology for rapid development and successfully delivered the User stories for every sprint which lasted two weeks each.
- Used Angular JS for the front end UI development and used CSS and SCSS for styling with HTML5 as the mark up and Bootstrap for the responsive web designing.
- Developed reusable components to use throughout the project and writing logic to access the command processor to hit the necessary End point. Used Jasmine and karma Test framework for running the unit test and generated the code coverage using the phantom JS and chrome browsers.
- Used safari to debug the front end code and identify the traversal of the command documents. Used Jenkins for continuous integration and continuous deployment. Participated in GE AppStudio which is the rapid way to develop the web applications and successfully delivered all the User stories in the Sprints.
Environment: HTML5, CSS3, Angular, AJAX, Jenkins, GitHub, Angular.js, JAVA 8.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
- Designed and developed features for J2EE-based business activity monitoring and operational dashboard engine, including the rules and alert engine, Web App components, recoverability, intelligent workflow features, internationalization, and upgradability.
- Involved in migration between various environments in Service Now using update sets and import sets.
- In an Agile environment, developed new functionalities for a large-scale, high-volume web application using Grails, REST, Ajax
- Developed the business layer logic and implemented EJBs Session beans.
- Designed and coded JAXB API to interact with third party application for asynchronous loading and parsing of JMS XML messages.
- Experience in Oracle database platform, with expertise in SQL standards, PL/SQL, and Java, as well as cursors and modules.
- Created multi AWS VPC instances.
- Utilize and program RestfulWeb services, EJB/JPA, and Hibernate entities.
- Created multiple programs to ensure correct data transfer and communications between Oracle database and SQL Server ERP system.
- Used AWSas a Toolkit for Eclipse.
- Developed stored procedures, Triggers and functions to process the data using SQL and mapped it to Hibernate Configuration File and also established data integrity among all tables.
- Consumed RESTful Webservices. Developed Form Beans/ JavaBeans, Spring Controller Classes and configured with the corresponding view pages in spring-config.xml file.
- Knowledge on service oriented architecture (SOA), workflows and Web services using XML, SOAP, and WSDL.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages andSQLScripts usingPL/SQL.
- WorkedwithCoreJavaconcepts like Collections Framework,multithreading, memory management. Designed RESTful XML web service for handling AJAX requests.
- Implemented navigation using Spring MVC controllers, configured controllers using Spring MVC annotations and configuration files.
- Used JIRA extensively to log all issues and track development status.
- Developed test suite framework and regression tests for rules and alerts engine, recovery engine, object manipulation functionality, import/export engine and user-defined function handling using JUNIT.
- Worked on tools like GIT and JIRA for bug tracking.
- Maintaining separate build in Maven for the module for easy integration to the portal build and configure with Jenkins.
- Developed unit test cases using Mockito framework for testing accuracy of code
Environment: J2EE, Springs, Spring MVC, AWS, IIB, Service Now, JenkinsSpring Core, EJB, Rest Web services, React.js, SOA, Multithreading PL/SQL, JUnit, API,Jenkins, Git,Mongo, Maven.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Involved in Design, Development, Testing and Integration of the application.
- Implementing business logic and data base connectivity.
- Client side installation and configuration of project.
- Developed using simple Struts Validation for validation of user input as per the business logic and initial data loading.
- Developed the user interface for the thick client usingSwing.
- Co-coordinated Application testing with the help of testing team.
- Writing database queries on Oracle 10.
- Writing stored procedures, Packages, Views, Cursors, Functions and triggers using SQL in the back end.
- Used Hibernate for Object Relational Mapping (ORM) and data persistence.
- Wrote SQL commands and Stored Procedures to retrieve data from Oracle database.
- Developed web services using SOAP, WSDL, and XML.
- Developed the application using Singleton, Business Delegate and Data Transfer Object design patterns in the project.
- Created and implemented Oracle Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and complex queries using SQL.
- Worked with Java Messaging Services (JMS) for reliable and Asynchronous Communication.
- Used log4j for logging and SVN for version control.
- Ability to quickly adjust priorities and take on projects with limited specifications. Effective team player with excellent logical and analytical abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, inter-personal skills and self-learning attitude.
Environment: Java, SOAP Web services, SOA, XML, JAXB XSLT, JMS, Ajax, EJB, Oracle 10, Web Sphere 7, Eclipse
- Worked for Confidential technology solutions as a programmer analyst and successfully delivered the projects to develop software applications for clients in banking domain.
- As a web applications developer my contributions for the projects was immense where we used object oriented programming with JAVA J2EE platform. The back end development made use of oracle Relational database (RDBMS) mainly set up with PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, which was integrated using the Java database connectivity (JDBC).
- Experience with using the core Java concepts of Polymorphism, Inheritance and encapsulation. Used collections like Array list, set, Hash Map and Tree Map for the development. Used J Unit Testing framework to perform the Unit Testing in the Project.
- Experience in using the Java Data Base Connectivity API to establish Database connections by defining interfaces, classes and JDBC Drivers in Java which provides access to RDBMS using SQL statements embedded in Java Code.
- Experienced in all the phases of application development projects includingrequirement gathering, analysis, high and low level design, development, testing and Release Management.
- Worked with off shore teams for the Banking Applications Project and involved in providing application Support.
Technologies: Java, JSP/Servlets, XML, HTML, CSS, PL/SQL, Oracle, MY.