- Software engineer with 7+ years experience in development and testing using Java and J2EE technologies.
- Expert in Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD). Adept at analyzing and developing UML Use Case diagrams, Sequence diagrams and Class diagrams.
- Experience in Web Services technologies including the underlying SOAP protocol, Web Services Description language (WSDL) and Java Messaging Services.
- Experience in using Struts framework with features like Tiles, ValidatorFramework and Spring MVC framework.
- Exposure in developing persistence layers for java applications using object relational mapping like Hibernate framework.
- Proficient in RDBMS and experience with Database technologies like Oracle, MS SQL SERVER and MySQL.
- Experience in development of unit test scripts using JUnit and resolve the system test issues and used Log4j to create logs of the application’s flow of control.
- Utilized ANT scripts to build and deploy applications.
- Expertise in using Java/J2EE design patterns including Intercepting Filter, MVC, Singleton, Data Access Object, Data Transfer Object, Service Locator, client - server and N-tier architectures.
- Proficient with Software development methodologies like Agile Methodologies.
- Used Agile software development methodology which helps to develop project plans.
- Proficient in working with various application development environments like Eclipse.
- Strengths include excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to provide solutions from functional & technical perspective and quickly build client rapport and be a team player.
Java Skills: J2SE, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, Swing, AWT, EJB, JDBC, RMI, JMS, JNDI, Hibernate, XSD, SAX, DOM, AJAX, Struts, Spring MVC
Application/Web Servers: Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Oracle Application Server
Web Services: SOA, SOAP, WSDL, AXIS, REST
Version Control Systems: MS Visual Source Safe, CVS, SVN
RDBMS/Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, Informix
Design Methodologies: MVC, Singleton, Data Access Object
Operating Systems: Windows NT/XP, Unix, Linux
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Involved in the Software Development Life Cycle phases like Requirement Analysis, Development, Unit/Integration Testing and estimating time-lines for few requirements.
- Designed and developed various modules using Java, JSP/Servlets, XML, and MVC.
- ImplementedAgile (Scrum) Methodologythat includes daily scrum with team.
- Developed various components using Bounce framework which is customized Spring framework.
- ImplementedJ2EEstandards, MVC architecture using Spring Framework.
- Involved in implementation of Data Access, Service and Presentation Layers and intensively worked on Spring DAO Layer to access and perform CRUD operations on data.
- Worked with NoSql Databases like Mango DB.
- Expertise in building application for internal clients using Primefaces/Richfaces.
- Extensively worked on JSON for data transfer between different hardware components through HTTP request-response model.
- Extensively worked on XML binding (marshalling and unmarshalling) using JAX-B XML parser.
- Configured Datasource using JNDI data pooling.
- Deployed the application in various environments and performed system integration testing ensuring thorough output.
- Extensively worked on Oracle SQL queries and PL/SQL stored procedures to perform CRUD operations in DAO layer.
- Responsible for building the application EAR, WAR and JAR files for different environments using ANT script.
- Written JUNIT test cases for performing unit testing.
Confidential, Birmingham, Alabama
- Involved in the analysis, design, development and testing phases of SDLC
- Data Model design and interface layer design with other team members
- Involved in Object Analysis, Design and Documentation (OOAD) of the application model using UML
- Used Jakarta Struts Framework for rapid development and ease of maintenance
- Build script using Ant and code structure layout for implementation
- Web tier implemented using Struts Actions, Action Forms, Validator, Tiles plugins, JSTL
- Developed Session Beans which encapsulate the workflow logic
- Used Message Driven Beans with JMS APIs for asynchronous communication
- Designed in implementing the Business Delegates, Session Façade Design Patterns
- For persistence problem used Hibernate by utilizing inheritance mapping, associations, fetching, caching eager fetching of all objects and HQL as named queries for consistency across the application.
- Captured business tier using EJB, JPA, Oracle ADF and developed Session beans which encapsulate the workflow logic.
- Worked on Oracle in writing Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Functions with PL/SQL
- Web Services used for implementation of workflow interface. Assisted in debugging, identifying and fixing issues.
- Search interface provided for searching as per requirements and provided dynamic features using Ajax
- Internalization implemented via message resource bundle as part of Struts
- Custom request processing via TilesRequestProcessor and additional servlet filters
- Participated in code reviews and changes to implementation
- JUnit used to test write the test cases and Used SVN for version control
Environment: JDK 1.4, Servlets, JSP, Struts 1.1, Tiles, Validator, Hibernate, Maven, CSS, HTML, JSTL, Java Script, EJB 2.0, Bea Weblogic Server 7, Tomcat 5.x, Ant, Subversion, Oracle 9i, Jakarta Commons, Eclipse 3.0
Confidential, Riverwoods, IL
- Involved in analysis and design phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Worked as a part of the Business Analysts team to understand the requirements.
- Written Technical Design Document for the application
- Designed and developed application based on Spring MVC design pattern, used spring validation and wrote validation rules.
- Developed components using Spring Framework ( Spring MVC, Spring DAO, Spring AOP)
- Primarily focused on the spring components such as Dispatcher Servlets, Controllers, Model and View Objects, View Resolver.
- Responsible in development of Web Services using SOAP based Web Services.
- Involved in the implementation of DAO using Spring-Hibernate ORM.
- Used Hibernate, object/relational-mapping (ORM) solution, technique of mapping data representation from MVC model to Oracle Relational data model with a SQL-based schema.
- Involved in the implementation of beans in Application Context.xml.
- Worked with the XML and developed Web Services using APACHE Axis.
- Extensively worked with Oracle to write store procedures and views
- Writing service methods and SQL queries to interact with the Oracle DBMS and writing test cases using JUnit Frames and also in Mango DB.
- Wrote different stored procedure and did fine tuning of slow performing SQL.
- Written Triggers, and Views as part of development of the Application.
- Developed the client side validation for the entire screen using Java Script
- Setup Data access layer with JDBC Template and Hibernate Template on Spring framework.
- Developed the project with good security features using hidden fields and encryption
- Prepared detailed design specifications and performed code reviews.
- Involved in Code Review Corrections & Bug fixing.
- Developed Test cases for Testing
- Played a role of Application and participated in all the stages of SDLC including project design, development, testing, debugging and maintenance.
- Developed user interface using JSP’s, HTML & java script.
- Implemented Model View Controller (MVC) architecture through struts in the web tier level.
- Utilized Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) for implementing the business logic.
- Involving UI design, Swing user generated event handling, incorporation of underlying functionalities as per the laid down specifications.
- Used JDBC to connect to backend database Oracle 8i.
- Developed web application using Struts Framework.
- Developed user interfaces using JSP, HTML and CSS.
- Created Web.xml, Struts-config.xml, Validation.xml files to integrate all the components in the Struts framework.
- Worked heavily with the Struts tags- used struts as the front controller to the web application.
- Implemented Struts Framework according to MVC design pattern.
- Implemented validation framework for creation of validation.xml and used validation-rules.xml
- Worked on bug fixing and enhancements on change requests.