- 8+ years of experience in IT with 6+ years on Android application development.
- Hands on experience in developing Android Applications for mobile and tablets using Android Studio and Eclipse.
- Good understanding in applying Object - oriented analysis and design (OOAD) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for applications.
- Proficient in understanding of Android User Interface (UI) guidelines, frameworkAPI's, application development and memory management.
- Expertise in developingAndroidEnterprise applications for tablets and mobile devices.
- Have hands on experience in usingtheContentResolverandContentProviderclasses to ensure secure data access to other applications.
- Working experience in RESTful web services to fetch data for the end user and parsing the XML and JSON response using different parsers.
- Extensively worked on push notifications, memory leaks, multiple screen support, content providers, data offline usage, accounts and sync on Android.
- Skilled in developing and debugging Android applications with high usage of threads and multi-threading environments.
- Efficient in using android libraries like Google GSON, OkHttp, Picasso, Proguard, Glide and Volley.
- Experience inpublishing apps to Google Play Store.
- Experience in design patterns including Composite, Singleton, Session Facade, Decorator and MVC. Skilled in software debugging and trouble-shooting.
- Expertise in Web-Development technologies like XML, HTML, Java Script, CSS and AngularJs.
- Excelled in database skills in Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, MySQL and DB2. Expertise in programming with SQL, PL/SQL.
- Good experience in developing and deploying web applications and web services in cloud and experienced in using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google App Engine.
- Experience in developing test cases besides involving in Integration testing, Unit testing and User Acceptance testing extensively.
- Self-motivated, dedicated and very good team player with excellent communications skills including mentoring and presentation skills.
Mobile Technologies: Android SDK, J2ME
Web Services: REST, XML, JSON
Third Party API s: OkHttp, Retrofit, Google Services, Volley, AsyncTask, Picasso, ButterKnife, Facebook, Places API, Instagram, GSON
DATABASE(S): Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, Sybase and SQL Server 2005/2008, My SQL, MS-Access, DB2, SQLite.
IDE: Eclipse, Android Studio, Net beans, Dreamweaver
Source Control: Sub: Version (SVN), Clear Case, CVS/PVS and VSS (Visual Source Safe), Git, GitHub, Perforce.
Operating System(s): Mac, WindowsNT/2000/2003/XP/7 And Linux (Ubuntu)
Web service Framework: Apache Axis, SOAP, WSDL, REST, JAX: RS, JAX-WS
Confidential, Berkeley heights, NJ
Sr. Android Software Engineer
- Design and development new feature.
- Implement new GUI guideline for new flagship models.
- Support Android new OS upgrade.
- Support Activation for Verizon, Comcast, charter and USC carrier.
- Support my Verizon services.
- Implement new Bixby feature for Setup wizard.
- Adapted Google new Setup wizard requirement.
- Implement Google Factory reset protection feature.
- Implement Android for Work feature.
- Implement KNOX mobile Enrollment and Google Zero Touch features.
- Handling issues reported from Verizon, Comcast, charter and USC carrier during validation of new Models.
- Handling issues reported post launch of Confidential models.
- Peer review and feature development in Confidential Android smartphone.
- Customization of Setup wizard modules as per the Carrier requirements.
- Integration of critical issues for Confidential Galaxy models Software Updates.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Android Application Developer
- Formulated handset specific user interface (UI) for Android mobile phones, tablets and PC's.
- Worked with Layouts, Menus and Action Bars and also several other User Interface (UI) components.
- Object Oriented Programming (OOPS) Concepts and Unified Modeling Language (UML) were immensely used for modeling.
- Developed the UI for the application using edit boxes, 9-patch images, date picker, time picker, dialog boxes, alert boxes and spinners using different layouts that are available.
- For making existing applications more user-friendly we researched on Android application acceptance and feedback from the application users.
- Made use of Retrofit library for downloading asynchronous data and convert those JSON or XML responses to Plain Old Java Objects (POJO).
- We accessed external databases for our application by using JSON for web service calls.
- Used Intent Integrator for using the Camera API for accessing the camera to Scan front and back of checks.
- Instituted SQLite database as our backend database and also worked on the local data storage using shared preferences and file system.
- For ensuring best UI performances we used Asynchronous tasks for handling long term operations.
- Used Android DDMS debugger to debug and test the android application.
- Carefully handled all the Network latency issues, exceptions and error handling issues for the application.
- Got rid of out of memory exceptions with the help of LeakCanary library.
- Coordinate meetings with the UI and UX team to design the user interface by giving feedback about Androidguidelines for developing user interfaces
- Collaborated with the team members for testing the application on differentandroidtarget devices and also debugged the issues using Android provided tools like Trace view and view hierarchy from DDMS for optimization purposes.
Android Application Developer
- Worked with the Android SDK and implemented Android Bluetooth and Location Connectivity components.
- Provided technical leadership and management to team of IT developers and contractors.
- Collaborate with other teams including QA, Application support, IT infrastructure and Project Management for project scheduling and delivery.
- Used web views, list views & populated lists to display the lists from database using simple adapters.
- Worked with efficient and effective utilization of SDLC methodologies for iterative/agile environment.
- Developed the application through Gradle build which avoids unnecessary workload by caching remote metadata and artifacts, transitive dependency resolution, build execution plan and test results.
- Developed profile-based integration for the users to customize their own profile and provide information to store.
- Designed the architecture and User Interface (UI/UX) using client requirements and use-cases. Analyzing layouts with Hierarchy Viewer.
- Work closely with the web application development team to ensure proper integration between mobile application and web application.
- Integrated location-based services using Google Maps API to display locations of the nearest stores.
Environment: Android SDK 4.1,4.3 4.4, Eclipse IDE, JSON, REST Web Services, XML, Action-Bar and GIT-HUB.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Involved in the design and implementation of the UI, classes, architecture and activities of the mobile application.
- For displaying background images of the app used Frame Layout.
- Involved in implementing Asynchronous tasks for the background operations.
- Developed the app to adapt to different orientations and various resolutions based on the device.
- Implemented MotionEvent, TouchEvent methods to swirl the snow around with a shake and finger.
- For keep tracking on what devices, places the application was used developed analytics for the application.
- Used Red5Pro SDK to allow scalable live streaming and also for second screen apps.
- Implemented android NDK for speeding up the application as we used the bit/byte operations are used for the compression of the images.
- Tested the android application by importing the Espresso API.
- Developer and designed the request and response data to and from gallery.
- Manually tested each and every phase of app life cycle and implemented the changes parallel.
- Administered in all the phases of SDLC from design, development through testing, porting and support of application
Environment: Android SDK, Eclipse IDE, Frame Layouts, DDMS console and User Interface Design
Confidential, Malvern, PA
- Used different features of Struts like MVC, Validation framework and tag library.
- Developed interfaces for various use cases to enhance the R log application to integrate with pharmacy returns functions.
- Solutions are customized for each Client, packaged and deployed.
- Used Design Patterns like Singleton, Business Delegate, Value Object, Session Façade, Service Locator, DAO, Service Activator, and MVC.
- Creating design models (including class and sequence diagrams)
- Resolving production issues/ maintenance.
- Interaction with Customer service team for their requirements.
- Involved in Analysis, design and coding on Java and J2EE Environment.
- Implemented struts MVC framework.
- Maintained the business standards and the requirements in EJB and deployed them on to WebLogic Application Server.
- Designed, developed and implemented the business logic required for Security presentation controller.
- Set up the deployment environment on Web Logic Developed system preferences UI screens using JSP and HTML.
- Developed UI screens using Swing components like JLabel, JTable, JScrollPane, JButtons, JTextFields, etc.
- Used JDBC to connect to Oracle database and get the results that are required.
- Designed asynchronous messaging using Java Message Service (JMS).
- Consumed webservices through SOAP protocol.
- Developed web Components using JSP, Servlets and Server side components using EJB under J2EE Environment.
- Integrated a crystal report to the application which will show all the details of the vouchers on the paper and used for future reference for the workers.
- Developed a webservice which will retrieve the details from the Database.
- Prepared complete documentation of the WebService developed.
- Prepared a complete documentation of the project and test case documentation with sample inputs Version control is done by using CVS.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JPA/Hibernate, Code Generation, Spring, AOP, ERP customization, Web Services (SOAP), JMS, XML, JDOM, JAXP, JBoss, jBPM, Multi-threading, Lucene, Servlets, AJAX, Mock-up framework, XHTML, CSS, Flash, AS 2.0, Maven2.