- 8+ Years of experience in the IT Industry with proficiency in Design and Development of J2EE Projects (Core Java, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, XML, spring, JUNIT, Hibernate, and Restful API). Complete understanding of Object Oriented design and development of Web - based and client/server-based systems on multiple platforms.
- 3+ years of experience in core AWS services (S3, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, VPC, Auto scaling etc.) and deployment services (Elastic Beanstalk, Ops Works and Cloud Formation) and security practices (IAM, Cloud Watch and Cloud trail).
- Handled operations and maintenance support for AWS cloud resources which includes launching, maintaining and troubleshooting EC2 instances, and S3 buckets, Virtual Private Clouds (VPC), Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and Relational Database Services (RDS).
- Experience involving configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to backup and archive files in glacier.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Experience in creating JSON scripts for Cloud Formation based on requirements and launch stacks.
- Created AWS Security Groups for deploying and configuring AWS EC2 instances.
- Performed configuration, deployment and support of cloud services including Amazon Web Services.
- Hands on Experience with Agile Methodology and SCRUM meetings.
- Experience with Spring Planning, Release and Demo.
- Experienced with Core Java concepts such as Serialization, IO, Multithreading, Collections, Concurrency and Exception Handling.
- Implemented different frameworks like Struts, spring, JSF, AJAX frameworks and ORM frameworks like Hibernate.
- Extensive experience of using IDE tools Eclipse 3.2, Netbeans7.1.2, IntelliJ IDEA for JAVA/J2EEApplication development.
- Experience in Software Life Cycle Development (SDLC) process which incorporates Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Developing, Testing and implementing life cycle utilizing approaches like Agile, Scrum and Test-Driven Development.
- Having knowledge on Java 1.8 features like Lambda expressions and functional interfaces, and Parallel Streams.
- Developed user interface screens and the validations using HTML, XHTML, JSP, Angular JS, Bootstrap, jQuery, Node JS and CSS.
- Good knowledge and hands on experience on MVC (Struts 1.x), spring 2.x and ORM (Hibernate 3.0) frameworks.
- Experience in writing ANT, Maven build scripts, providing logging facility using Log4j and Writing JUnit test cases.
- Designed & developed SOAP and Restful web services using WSDL, SOAP, JAX WS, JAX-RS, CXF, AXIS, JERSEY, REST Template and SOAP UI.
- Hands on experience using Messaging Services like JMS, MQ Series.
- Proficient in RDBMS concepts and experience in working with Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2 and MY SQL PL/SQL, SQL* Plus, Database triggers, Procedures, Functions.
- Configured and used JIRA for bug tracking and functional testing.
- Having good knowledge in NOSQL data bases like Dynamo DB and Mongo DB.
- Experienced in Software Analysis and Design using Unified Modeling Language and Rational Rose.
- Hands-on experience in Source Code Management, Creating Branches, versioning, tagging and managing Repositories using GIT, SVN.
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows (98, 2000, XP, Vista)
Java Technologies: Core Java, Java Server Pages, Servlets, JDBC, Java Beans, IBM BPM 9.0,Multi-threading, Event Handling, Swing Web Services.
AWS Cloud Technologies: EC2, Elastic BeanStalk, IAM, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, EBS, S3, Glacier, Route53, VPC, Lambda, Auto Scaling, Docker, Redshift, SNS, SQS, SWS, SES
Application Servers: WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Web Sphere and JBoss
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, MySQL, MongoDB.
Frameworks: Hibernate, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, AngularJS, NodeJS-Express,Struts 1.1/2.0.
Build Tools & IDEs: Maven, Ant, Eclipse, Net Beans, IntelliJ
Design Methodologies: Rational Unified Process, Agile, Scrum, Test Driven Development, Rapid Application Development.
Testing: JUnit 4.1, J-Mock, Easy Mock, Spring Test, Spock, Selenium .
Version Control: Rational Clear Case, SVN (Apache Subversion), CVS (Concurrent Versions System), VSS (Visual Source Safe) Team Foundation Server and GIT
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Java AWS Developer
- Used AWS Cloud platform and its features which include EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, CloudFormation, Autoscaling, CloudFront, S3, and Route53.
- Configured AWS IAM roles and Security Group for Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Created EC2 instances by setting up virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Worked on setting up and configuring AWS EMR Clusters and Used Amazon IAM to grant permissions on AWS resources to users.
- Worked on core AWS services such as Setting up new server (EC2) instances/services in AWS, configuring security groups, and setting up Elastic IP's, auto-scaling and Cloud Formation.
- Developed AWS Lambda functions written in Groovy and Java, where the function is triggered based on API Rest calls and used Apex tool for communication.
- Developed the performance of Automation, Installation and overall Configuration Management of servers using Puppet and Chef.
- Used ETL tools such as snap logic, Using S3 Data pipeline to move data to AWS Redshift.
- Developed API for using AWS Lambda to manage the servers and run the code in AWS.
- Implemented modules using Core Java APIs, Java collection, Java 8(Streams), multi-threading, and object-oriented designs.
- Converted applications from Java 1.7 to Java 1.8 using Lambda expressions and parallel streams.
- Developed Java API to interact with the Amazon SQS used for sending bulk emails.
- Used different types of IDE tools like Eclipse 3.2, Netbeans7.1.2, IntelliJ IDEA for JAVA/J2EE Application development.
- Created complex SQL queries and used JDBC and Hibernate connectivity to access the database.
- Used Spring-IOC to inject beans and Spring MVC architecture for developing the application.
- Worked on creating different data structures in MongoDB for the front-end application through a centralized API.
- Migrated spring/resources.groovy 2.1 to 3.2.5and has been upgraded to Grails 3.2.5
- Continuous integration (CI) and deployment (CD) are done in Tomcat Application Server using Jenkins.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application servers to handle the deployments of different applications.
- Used JAX-RS for creating RESTful web service where the request and response are in JSON format.
- Wrote Micro services to export/import data and task scheduling and Spring boot, spring and Hibernate in the micro services and Swagger API for Micro services.
- Strong experience working with build tools like Gradle and Maven to build, package, test and deploy the application in Ratpack application server.
- Developed Web Hook and AWS Lambda applications in Groovy and integrated with Ratpack server.
- Worked on Swagger API and auto-generated documentation for all REST calls.
- Deployed Node.js applications in Docker containers to AWS machine images.
- Stored remote copies of repositories as backup for local copies using GitLab.
- Created Spring MVC components like Dispatch Servlets, configure Request mapping annotation controllers, view resolver components.
- Designed and developed JMS messaging services using J2EE by developing queues /Topic, sessions and endpoints in ESB and used Slack as an internal messaging service between different teams.
- Developed test cases using Spock and Junit testing frameworks and used Log4J for logging and tracing the messages.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Involved in designing, capacity planning and implementing multi-rack Cassandra cluster.
- Hands on Experience with Agile Method and used JIRA Confluence to create Epics, tasks and subtasks.
- Used Datadog as a monitoring tool to get a unified metrics of all the required services on a dashboard.
Environment: Java 1.8, Eclipse 3.2, Netbeans7.1.2, IntelliJ IDEA, JQuery, Spring 4.0, Web Services, Oracle 11g, DB2, SQL, MVC, Jersey, JSON, Node.js, Unix, Linux, Log4j, Junit, Selenium, STS, Apache Tomcat, Gradle, GitHub, JIRA, EC2, S3, VPC, Redshift, SQS, SNS, SWF, IAM, EMR, Cloud watch, MongoDB, AWS Lambda.
Confidential, Groton, CN
Java AWS Developer
- Created Amazon VPC to create public-facing subnet for web servers with internet access, backend databases & application servers in a private-facing subnet with no Internet access.
- Experienced in creating Amazon EC2 instances and setting up security groups. Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Created Snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Experience configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to backup files and archive files in glacier.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) users and groups for improved login authentication.
- Defined AWS security groups which acted as virtual firewalls to control the incoming traffic onto one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Involved in writing java API for Amazon Lambda to manage some of the AWS services.
- Designed and developed a number of RESTful web services that support JSON
- Used J2EE Design patterns like Singleton, Service Locator, Session Façade, DAO, DTO and Business Delegate during development.
- Used Java8 features in developing the code like Lambda expressions, creating resource classes, fetching documents from database
- Developed RESTful & SOAP Web Services using Jersey API and JSON as media type in integration with springs.
- Used JPA (Java Persistence API) along with Hibernate framework for implementing Test Classes.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Implemented dual security application using Java/Groovy/Grails that eradicates the hazard of compromised credentials during authentication..
- Developed unit and integration tests for existing Microservices using JUnit, Mockito and Docker.
- Involved in Agile Software Development to deliver the tasks on each Sprint not missing deadlines.
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, and Maven.
- Experience with several Docker components like creating Docker images, Docker Registry, Docker Engine and Docker Clients.
- Used GitLab and GitHub for version controls and familiar using JIRA Confluence as ticketing system.
- Involved in developing and troubleshooting Web based and enterprise based applications on Windows, UNIX and Linux platforms.
- Focused on Test Driven Development (TDD) thereby creating detailed JUnit tests for every single piece of functionality before writing the actual functionality
Environment: Java-8, J2EE, EJB, Agile Methodology, Hibernate, Web services, Restful, AWS, UNIX, LINUX, UML, SQL, Apache Tomcat, Oracle, Spring Boot, MySQL, RDS, PL/SQL, Node.js, Maven, GIT, JIRA, Jenkins, Docker, EC2, Elastic BeanStalk, IAM, EBS, S3,AMI, VPC, Lambda.
Confidential, Detroit, Michigan
Java Cloud Engineer
- Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a multitude of applications utilizing the AWS stack such as EC2, VPC, Glacier, Route53, S3, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial, SNS and IAM, focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, Load balancing and auto-scaling in designing, Deploying and configuring.
- Created an AWS RDS Aurora DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS Aurora DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Used Amazon Cloud Watch to monitor the application performance and used the logs to identify any threshold limits.
- Tested the applications using JUNIT, Mockito and configured through Maven surefire plugins as a part of continuous integration.
- Used Jenkins to create and manage Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in cloud.
- Developed Microservices & APIs using Spring Boot and Used Apache Kafka cluster as messaging system between the APIs and Microservices.
- Used Kafka operation and monitored (via JMX) with Ops personnel
- Configured Jenkins for successful deployment and testing in production environments.
- Used Java multi-threading to implement batch Jobs with JDK 1.7 and JEE 6features.
- Worked on performance tuning of cluster using Cassandra Configuration file and JVM Parameters.
- Implemented RESTful Web Services to retrieve data from client side using Micro Services architecture and used JPA to communicate with Databases.
- GIT is used as code repository and JIRA to assign, track, and report the issues in the application.
- Designed and developed Business Functionalities using J2EE Technologies in Agile/Scrum Execution.
- Developed Test Driven Development (TTD) for both new and existing applications.
Confidential, Foster City, CA
AWS Java Developer
- Worked with Amazon Web Services like EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, RDS, VPC, SNS, Route 53, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling, IAM, Elastic Bean Stalk, Data Pipeline and Security Groups in a highly available and scalable production environment.
- Created backup of database systems using S3, EBS and RDS services of AWS.
- Handled operations and maintenance support for AWS cloud resources which includes launching, maintaining and troubleshooting EC2 instances, Virtual Private Clouds (VPC).
- Demonstrated strong competence on implementing SDLC phases of applications in financial domain.
- Used Dynamo DB to store the data for metrics and backend reports.
- Used Jenkins and AWS Code Deploy plug-in to deploy the application into AWS cloud.
- Designed, implemented and deployed J2EE web application using Spring MVC and Hibernate.
- Developed Restful Web services in JAX-RS using Jersey to provide domain data to the application.
- Implemented a Web Services layer SOAP &, using Axis 2, into their existing product.
- Used RabbitMQ as asynchronous messaging solutions to enterprise integration solutions.
- Implemented Test Driven Development using JUnit, Advanced Rest Client and Log4j in developing test cases and determining application functionality.
- Developed POJO for data modeling of account information, portfolio and transaction history and customized Spring Bean Factory.
- Used SVN, GIT as Subversion for software version control.
- Involved in Agile development following SCRUM process and daily stand-up meetings
- Implemented Spring MVC framework for developing J2EE based web application and used various J2EE design patterns like DTO, DAO and Singleton.
- Developed back-end logic with Core Java using technologies including Collection Framework and Multi-Threading.
- Involved in the coding of Distributed Multi-threaded Enterprise applications using J2EE technologies Servlets, EJB, JDBC and JMS.
- Implemented a RESTful service on the server side using Spring and used Hibernate that interacts with the Database to obtain the claim details.
- Good knowledge and experience with multiple Servers like IBM Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat and JBoss.
- Used Maven to build the application and deployed on Web Logic Application Server.
- Used Java Message Service (JMS) for asynchronous exchange of information between systems.
- Developed Test classes using JUnit and Easy Mock and test coverage using EMMA plug in.
- Used Spring MVC for implementing the Web layer of the application. This includes developing Controllers, Views and Validators.
- Implemented the caching mechanism in Hibernate to load data from Oracle database.
- Developed Front End pages of the application using HTML5, CSS3.
- Implemented Oracle stored procedures and SQL scripts for data loading.
Environment: Spring MVC, Agile, Core Java/ J2EE, Apache Tomcat, IBM Web Sphere, Hibernate, Servlets, Struts, EJB, JDBC, JMS, JBoss, RESTful service, Eclipse IDE, Oracle, SQL, HTML5, CSS3.
- Extensive exposure in Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of large-scale, secure and Internet/Intranet applications using java J2EE technologies.
- Developed java code for HTML pages connecting it to MYSQL, database using a JDBC driver.
- Developed Java/J2EE applications using MVC architecture by integrating spring framework in SOA.
- Used Eclipse and Tomcat web server for developing & deploying the web applications.
- Developed test cases and performed unit test using JUnit Framework.
- Expertise in using Object Oriented design, Design patterns, UML, ER Modelling and Rational Rose
- Involved in implementation of enterprise integration with Web Services and Legacy Systems using SOAP.
- Used Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) to maintain uniform look across different pages.
- Experience working in Agile development following SCRUM process.
Environment: Core Java, J2EE, SDLC, JDBC, Agile, Servlets, Struts, EJB, JSP, Java Script, UML, AJAX, PL/SQL, Hibernate, Eclipse, JBoss, CSS, Apache Tomcat, MVC,SOAP, JUnit.
Jr. Java Developer
- Involved in the implementation of design using vital phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC) that includes Development, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance Support.
- Used Agile methodology named SCRUM for all the work performed.
- Developed code for user interface by utilizing OOPS concepts like multithreading, inheritance, polymorphism and collection API.
- Developed JDBC code for backend processing and used Hibernate as ORM framework.
- Extensively used java multi-threading to implement batch Jobs with JDK features.
- Used Java Script for Client side validations.
- Used Struts Framework for developing Web applications.
- Created user-friendly GUI interface and Web pages using HTML, JSP.
- Experienced in debugging the java code with testing tools and logic flow using Eclipse UML plug-in.
- Created and implemented PL/SQL queries, views stored procedures and triggers.
- Worked with QA team to validate the test cases if the test cases are meeting the business requirements.
Environment: Core Java, J2EE, SDLC, JDBC, Agile, Struts, JSP, Java Script, HTML, XML, PL/SQL, Hibernate, Eclipse.