- More than 7 years of experience in designing, implementing and testing full scale UI web applications with Java as the middle - tier across various platforms.
- Experience in making responsive web designs using either only HTML or CSS, by using CSS frameworks like Twitter Bootstrap.
- Expertise in using all the new features in HTML5 and CSS3 in creating the markup and the styling of the pages.
- Good experience in writing various custom directives in AngularJS for both DOM manipulation and for repeated use of markup code.
- Worked with various IDE’s like Eclipse and Webstorm, SublimeText etc.
- Expertise in using debugging tools like Firebug and built in IDE debuggers for troubleshooting existing code.
- Experienced in using the version controls like SVN, TFS and GIT effectively.
- Good experience in using various project management tools like JIRA andVersionOnemainly for agile project management.
- Good understanding of how node.js works in the backend.
- Good experience with UML designand working with the Class diagrams, Use case diagrams etc.
- Good knowledge of working with Core Java, Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience in the use of various relational databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL Serverand NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Experience in developingWeb Services to expose useful functionality to web users through SOAP and RESTfulweb service calls.
- Worked with all kinds of data formats like XML, JSON, flat files for exchange of data.
- Good experience in using front end build tools like Grunt, Gulp and backend Java’s MAVEN.
- Experienced in all phases of usability testing including user profiles and personals, task analysis, contextual research, test moderation, and reporting using Karma and Jasmine.
- Experienced working in both AGILE and SDLC based development environment and participating in SCRUM sessions.
- Experience in making the web applications accessibility complaint like ADA complaint using Aria attributes on HTML tags.
- Good experience in using content management systems (CMS) tools like Wordpress.
- Used gzip compression tool to compress the data when using web service restful calls to send the data to the server.
- Expert in developing Object-Oriented Web applications using MVC architecture.
- Strong problem-solving, organizing, communication and planning skillswith ability to work in team environment.
UI Web Technologies.: HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, Bootstrap, AJAX, XML, JSON, UI Concept Modelling/Wire Framing, LESS, SASS/SCSS.
IDE’s: Eclipse, Sublime Text, Webstorm, Backbase
Version Control: SVN, GIT
Web/App Servers: Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss, Scala, Apache
RDBMS: SQL Server08/12, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2, MongoDB, Cassandra
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, UNIX
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
Others Software Skills: Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate,Web Services(SOAP and REST), JUnit, Maven, gzip
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Java UI Developer
- Designed and developed the UI layout and front-end programming for web application that matches the wireframes using the latestHTML5, CSS3andAngularJS.
- Extensively used all the newHTML5 features like local storage, new input attributes, Canvas and SVG, audio and video etc.
- UsednewCSS3 features like multi-column layout, gradients and web fonts, transform and transpose and @media.
- Used twitter Bootstrap for creating responsive web design for varying screen sizes and devices.
- Good experiencein implementing MVC frameworks likeAngular.js for AJAX data callsusing the $http service.
- Worked on all the latest AngularJS concepts like creating custom directives, services, $http service, factory’s, $watch and $applyetc.
- Worked with all the angularjs modules that are not part of the standard release like ui-route, angular-paginate etc.
- Analysed and parsed the response of JSON/XMLin order to update DOM.
- Worked with the SASS/SCSS pre-processor to simplify writing the CSS stylings.
- UsedNode.js and Java to perform server-side backend operations.
- Used Scala to support functions, immutable data structures and preference for immutability over mutation.
- Worked with Backbase to organize, create and manage customer experience for projects associated with MQR.
- Handling cross browser/platform compatibility issues (IE, Firefox, and Safari) on both Windows and Mac and debugged using tools like Firebug.
- Wrote java back end web services in RESTful frameworkusing the Jersey JAX-RS framework.
- Worked with the Gulp tool in building the project, also worked in creating the gulpfile.js for managing the build operations.
- Built a prototype for an internal blog application using the CMS tool Wordpress.
- Used Bower and npm in managing the frontend and node modules respectively.
- Performedunit testing using the open source Karma/Jasmine framework.
- Worked on the Agile methodology and usedScrumin implementing the project.
- Used Jira as a tool for project tracking and management where we update the daily tasks performed.
- Used Gitfor version control and Webstorm IDE.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Java UI Developer
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as requirements gathering, modeling, analysis, design and development.
- Created various web page layouts using HTML and CSS, Bootstrapwith focus on user experience and compliance to standards.
- Used various built-in Bootstrap classes in achieving the desired look and feel of the web components and the Bootstrap grid system for maintaining responsiveness across all screen sizes.
- Implemented client side validations in registration forms, login and logout forms using Java Script, AJAX and JQuery.
- Worked with theLESS preprocessor to rewrite the whole CSS.
- Worked with the Grunt toolfor building the project on the front-end.
- Experience in working with No-Sql databases like MongoDB, Cassandra etc.
- Involved development of front-end components using the latest HTML5, CSS3, JQuery widgets etc.
- Used AJAX and JSON to process asynchronous actions between front and back end, using AngularJS $http service.
- Implemented AJAX to improved customer experience, and reduce the data flows greatly
- UsedAngularJS forevent handling in UI pages to display list boxes and to handle validations.
- Worked with the AngularJS custom attributes for DOM manipulations.
- Worked with Spring MVC and Hibernate in the backend to build the business logic.
- Used Scala to express common programming patterns in a concise, elegant and type-safe way.
- Written and consumed Restful Web Service calls in both JSON and XML formats.
- Researched and experimented with Backbase for integrating into existing applications.
- UsedKarma/Jasminefor unit testing the complete application.
- Experience in using JUnit in writing unit test cases for Restful Webservice calls.
- Webstorm and Eclipse IDE is used for development and Tomcat is the web server for deploying application
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
- Fixed the browser compatibility issues in IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers
- Code on Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) in web pages to separate presentation from structure. Defined text alignment, size, borders and many other typographic characteristics.
- Used JQuery in controlling access to different pages of the applications.
- Developed JQuery custom widgets to make easy the enhancement of the web pages.
- Extensively used JQuery selectors in accessing various parts of the DOM.
- Used Ajax and JQuery to update the parts of the Policy review web pages.
- Got a brief introduction of how AngularJS works.
- Worked with template engines like Mustache in building the templates.
- Implemented and maintained AJAX based rich client for improved customer experience.
- Worked on creating and consuming SOAP Web services for accessing data from other external services.
- Experience in deploying projects on Weblogic using MAVEN.
- Used JQuery event handling in UI pages handle validations.
- Created JQuery custom widgets like date picker etc and other custom widgets.
- Involved in code review and deployment of the application on development, testing of production servers
Java UI Developer
- Handled all aspects of the web application including maintaining, testing, debugging, deploying and printing
- Responsible for the design of client websites right from the conceptualization stage.
- Worked on Cross-Browser compatibility and fixed the bugs for several browsers.
- Designed a number of HTML forms using the various html form tag, according to the requirement of the end user.
- Used the HTML tables to great effect to achieve page layouts.
- Used CSS to great effect to design to design a number of pages in a dynamic fashion.
- Managing the use and development of the Traceability matrix and participates in design review ensuring that all requirements have been integrated.
- Continuously provide input to project management activities throughout the project lifecycle, risk plan, project plan, issues and statuses.