- Over 6 years of experience software design and development experience in Android and Java based applications with 5 Years of experience working with Android development with Android SDK using Eclipse and Android Studio.
- Experience and knowledge in Android UI Design and Application Frameworks such as Activity Manager, Fragments, Resource Manager, Notification Manager, Location Manager, Telephony Manager, Content Providers, REST API's etc.
- Good programming skills and hands on experience in developing Android enterprise applications for mobiles and tablets using IDE's like Eclipse, Android Studio, Android SDK and ADT development tools in JAVA environment.
- Good knowledge in designing and developing adaptive UI components, widget for Android phones with different screen resolutions.
- UsedJUnit, Mockitoand Android Espresso forunitandinstrumentation testing.
- Experience in preparation of Automated Test scripts for Mobile app testing in UIAutomator and Robotium tools using C++
- Implemented multiple Android applications for large user base. Advanced Android features: fragments, social integration (facebook, twitter, foursquare), media, list adapters, Asynctask.
- Experience in front and back - end application development.
- Experienced in interfacing Mobile applications with back-end server using web-services based on Java.
- Experience in dealing with both REST and SOAP based Web Services to fetch data and parsing the XML and JSON response using different parsers.
- Experience working with Confidential Maps APIs, In-App purchases, In-App advertising, SQLite, SQL Queries, Geocoder API.
- Experience in applying system development life cycle (SDLC) for applications and understanding of business rules.
- Adept at quickly adapting to new environments, new technologies and facing new challenges.
- Multitask- oriented with strong competitive drive and work ethic to succeed.
- Excellent skills in database maintenance, unit testing and bug fixing.
- Possess excellent communication, analytical, relationship management skills.
Android: Activity / Fragments, Material Design, Custom UI and Views and Animations, Support Libraries, Service (Service, Intent Service), Broadcast Receiver, Notification Manager, Firebase Services, Custom Adaptors, Shared Preferences, SQLite Database, Content Providers, Media and Camera, JSON parsing, Multithreading
Mobile Technologies: Android SDK, Android NDK, Emulator.
Web Technologies: HTML5, CSS3.
Web Services: RESTful web services, SOAP, firebase, JSON, XML.
DATABASE(S): My SQL, SQLite, Oracle.
Touch IDE: Eclipse, Android Studio, Netbeans.
Source Control: Git and GitHub.
Operating System(s): Mac, Windows 7/8/10 And Linux
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
- Responsible for designing, implementing, developing, testing and maintaining Confidential Assistant Applications.
- Implementing Technical skills like Java, Android to integrate Confidential Assistant with partner specific requirements.
- Working with PM and QA in setting up testing infrastructure and improving feature excellence through design, implement, coverage, monitoring and maintenance.
- Collaborating with other teams to onboard features, define product requirement, improve user experience.
- Wrote test plan, collaborating with QA testers and provided extensive testing instruction for media end-to-end test and environment setup.
- Based on my implementation, engineers expedited bug fixing efficiency by handily getting logging/version data from crash report to debug
- Developing Test Infrastructure to automate the testing on OEM devices.
- Monitoring the life cycle of a bug using the Confidential Internal Tool (Buganizer).
- Creating CL’s (Change Lists) for the written code and send the code to the appropriate owner for the review.
- Deploying the code to the Confidential Internal server.
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Utilized debugging tools like Logact, ADB, dumpsys, DDMS, sherlogs and crashlogs for debugging the code.
- Working on different projects such as Assistant on Android, Clustering, SLS classification, Postmortem, Follow ups on P0/P1 issues.
- Works with devices like Confidential Home, Confidential cast, Pixel, Confidential Slate and Confidential smart Display’s, Pixel, Pixel 2 and Pixel 3 devices.
- Debugging the ANR issues.
Technologies/Platform Used: Java, Android, Kotlin, Linux, Firebase, ADB, Logcat, CodeSearch, Sherlogs, Buganizer, DebugAs.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Working on healthcare modules for a consumer facing Android app that has twenty thousand active users approximately.
- Working on a MVC code base with approximately 50K lines of code.
- Worked with Calendar providers to add calendar events for medical appointments.
- Worked on AsyncTasks with Apache legacy HTTP library for REST web service integration.
- Working extensively with chrome implementation of webviews and relaying information between native screens and webviews.
- Configured the webviews to allow uploading files from Android native.
- Worked with Camera API and Android file system to upload the images.
- Worked with intent chooser to implement implicit intents.
- Configured web services end points for multiple corporate environments.
- Working on in-app Spanish localisation and the problems faced with Oreo update.
- Designed and implemented test Automation for Android written in Java using UIAutomator and Espresso Frameworks in Android Studio
- Refactoring the codebase with Android and Java standards that resulted in increased memory efficiency and decreased code redundancy.
- Resolving defects every release during the Systems Integration Testing and Scrum period.
- Attending scrum ceremonies like standups, demo/review, sprint planning and retrospective.
Environment: Android SDK4.3and up, SQLite, Android Studio2.1, Java 8, Gradle, GIT, Rest, Android API's, SQLite, HTTP.
- Involved in requirement gathering, UI design and development
- Involved in the implementation of connectivity frameworks like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, NFC, etc.
- Handling XML data using efficient parsing techniques such as DOM parser
- Work closely with the web application development team to ensure proper integration between mobile application and web application.
- Developed and designedmodular User Interfaceusingfragments.
- ImplementedModel-View-Presenterdesign pattern.
- Implementeddependency injectionusingDagger.
- ConsumedRESTbased web services withJSON data.
- Constructing http requests, fetching server response and parsing feeds wherever required.
- Created supportingHome screen Widgetsto display specials based on users Preferences.
- Implementedpush notificationusing Cloud services including Parse and Amazon.
- Implemented SQLitedatabase structure to handle the content and contact list.
- Developedunit testandinstrumentation testto automate the testing.
- Utilized different resources like views, activities, fragments, frame, animations, etc.
- UsedJUnit, Mockitoand Android Espresso forunitandinstrumentation testing.
Environment: Android SDK 2.2, Android Studio1.1, SQLite 3.6, Android API’s, Java RESTFUL Web service, DOM Parser, XML, JSON, GIT, Log cat.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Designed and developed the application for Android mobile devices with extensive UI development.
- Responsible for design of UI using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes and different form of widgets.
- Worked on writing the code to capture the various button and text field events and implemented the desired actions for each of the widgets.
- Used web views, list views & populated lists to display the lists from database using simple adapters.
- Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required information.
- Integrated location-based services using Confidential Maps API to display locations of the nearest stores.
- Implemented SQLite databases to monitor shipments.
- Implemented unique design for portrait and landscape mode.
- Implemented the required GUI by making modifications to the XML files.
- Handling XML data using efficient parsing techniques such as DOM parser.
- Worked closely with the web application development team to ensure proper integration between mobile application and web application.
- Worked on debugging the application using Log cat, DDMS
- Tested the application on various Android devices.
Environment: Android SDK 2.2, SQLite 3.6, Eclipse IDE 3.5, Android API’s, JDK 1.7, XML, JSON, HTML, CSS, SQLite, GPS service, Log cat, Windows 7.
- Designed and developed mobile health application for Android mobile devices with extensive user interface development.
- Implemented the right lifecycle calls for Fragments and Activities
- Used Services (Started and Bounded) and AsyncTask to perform background tasks
- Utilized ViewPager, custom views and ListView for clean and intuitive UI.
- Included drawer layout for ease of navigation throughout the application.
- Embedded user login functionality with client server and Facebook login API.
- Participated in mockup implementation, service integration and testing.
- REST web service interaction utilizing OAUTH authentication and retrieved JSON response.
- Used SQL queries to save data locally retrieved from the server for personal healthcare info.
- Use design pattern like singleton, factory, builder, observer and MVC.
- Implemented Push notification
Environment: Android SDK 4.0 and up, JDK 1.7, Tab layout, REST, JSON, Java, Eclipse 3.5, ADT plugin, DDMS, ADB, SQLite3, GIT.