- Experience as a Java/JEE developer with significant SDLC responsibility and Agile Methodology, with experience in low and high level design and development of full stack implementation for n - tier enterprise and client-server applications.
- Solid hands on experience with design, development and deployment of Web and Enterprise components using J2EE, Web Services (SOAP) and technical documentation with UML diagrams, with very good experience in formulating design patterns (in Java) and methodologies (OOAD) for life cycle development for various products based on distributed systems in various domains like Health Care, Retail/SaaS, Financial and Banking domains.
- Experience in developing J2EE Web Applications, Enterprise Applications, Distributed Applications and Client/Server Applications using Core Java, JDBC, Threads, Servlets, HTML/CSS, JSP, jQuery, JSTL, GWT, Struts, JNDI, RMI, JMS, XML, Web Services, Hibernate, LDAP, Log4j, and SQL & PL/SQL. Strong expertise utilizing Core Java 6 Collections and Concurrency Utils, Spring MVC, Spring DAO, Hibernate and Design Patterns.
- As J2EE developer extensively involved in developing Distributed and Object Oriented Applications using Java, J2EE, XML and Relational Databases.
- Strong working experience in MVC Architecture, Spring Framework (Spring Web MVC) Hibernate Framework, Gradle, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven, and Apache ANT.
- Good experience with Application Servers like WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Jetty, and Web Application Server like Apache Tomcat. Expertise and good working knowledge of XML using SAX and DOM parsers, JAXB, and REST.
- Extensive experience with SQL: Oracle PL/SQL, MySQL, Sybase, SQL Server, Cassandra, Hadoop and logical and physical modeling database designs, writing SQL queries, stored procedures and triggers.
- Experience in using Version Control Tools BitBucket, Git, SVN (Sub-version), Tortoise, and CVS (Concurrent Versioning System).
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Linux, UNIX, Solaris, Mac OS X, MS-Windows 7/XP/2000/NT, MS-Windows 7/XP/9x/3.1
SYSTEMS SOFTWARE: WebLogic, WebSphere Appl Server, Spring MVC, Mule ESB, GWT, Swing, Fuse/ServiceMix, Liferay, Hibernate, Struts 1.3/2, log4j, Tomcat, Orion, Allaire JRun, Erwin/ERX, PowerDesigner, InfoModeler, MySQL, Sybase/SQL Server, MS/SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Oracle PL/SQL, MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Project, STRADIS, RUP, Rational Rose.
- Configured laptop for Confidential 's AdminTool environment using MySQL, Eclipse Oxygen, SVN, GWT 2.8, SQL Pro and Tomcat. Confidential is Confidential 's language translations for their medical device regulated documentation.
- Developed GWT Panels and Editor Widgets for numerous database tables that needed to be developed for admin support using Eclipse, SQL Pro and MySQL. Coded SQL changes needed to the database to add new database columns to support these existing tables.
- Developed an XML application to translate XML element nodes to aid the business analyst's support needs to translate xml schema element values for language translations. Developed Junit tests to verify its testing.
- Developed GWT drag and drop widgets to upload and download quality issues files for the AdminTool to support administrators.
- Attended weekly team meetings for production support issues and release planning.
- Attended monthly remote international team meetings with Maastricht, Netherlands team members to discuss project successes and plans for quality improvements.
Environment: JDK 1.8, Eclipse Oxygen, Tomcat, GWT 2.8.1, XML, SVN, SQL Pro, MySQL/MariaDB, Mac OS X/CentOS.
Java Web Developer
- Reviewed AWS, read white papers, and its practices. Researched/practiced setting up a microservices system using Spring, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud.
- Studied and practiced using Python using online tutorials.
- Seminar “Embracing Open Data Science in your Organization (using Python, R and Spark ).”
- Reading book Black Hat Python and installed Kali Linux Persistent and Wing IDE to study and practicing Python scripts to learn about penetration testing using Python.
- Programmed and tested Java web application enhancements to add Patient Per Day customer order controls so customer web application users could not place an order if they had exceeded quantity or dollar budget limits.
- Programmed and tested eDocument PDF invoice delivery features to Confidential 's supply manager application, accessing SOLR via web services to retrieve invoices PDFs and developed this code to run in a background process using CRON and Java threading, which emailed zipped invoicing PDFs.
- Used WinCVS to save Java software changes and Ant to deploy software for testing.
- Used Confluence and JIRA to record Java web application enhancement status of being testing, ready for QA, and collaborated with QA to update Production deployment status.
- Met with application manager daily to review software changes, walked through code, and made code revisions as requested.
- Attended weekly business manager status meetings with business analysts, QA team members and application managers .
Environment: JDK 1.6, Executor/Threading, Eclipse, WebLogic/Tomcat, WebWork/Struts2, FreeMarker, jQuery, SOAP, PDFs, Quartz/Cron, Guava, Hibernate 4.3.4, Ant, Junit, WinCVS, SQL Developer, Oracle 11, JIRA, Confluence, and Windows 7.
- Developed a Java Spring MVC 4.1.4 framework application using Java Spring Boot 1.2.1 using Spring Tool Suite(STS), Gradle, Git, Tomcat 1.8, Java 1.8, Spring Freemarker Template language to develop a Java RESTful API for HTTP GET and POST requests.
- Read AngularJS Fundamentals in 60-ish Minutes and AngularJS Web Application Development Cookbook and developed sample applications.
- Took online courses to study the Bootstrap3 framework, HTML5, R Programming language, and Big Data and Hadoop Essentials, Data Analytics using Hadoop eco system. Studied Java 8 Tutorial.
Java Software Engineer
- Reviewed an archived, incomplete Java MVC Spring application to make it productive. This application involved the use of SOAP web services to integrate two external web applications: the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative(CITI) system and the ADP ULearn system to the Office of Information Technology(OIT) Java application. The objective of this application was to automate a manual task handled by a staff member.
- Prepared a SDD using UML and ERDs to document the technical design and gain approval prior to programming.
- After the design document walk-through, coded and tested the application and prepared the application for its deployment to production. This application was finished early with no defects.
Environment: Java 6/7, Spring Tool Suite(STS) 3.6.2, Spring MVC 3.2.1, jQuery, Tomcat 6/7, Hibernate 3.6.10, SOAP, Gradle, Jenkins, Github, SQL Developer, Oracle 11g with Mac OS X/UNIX.
- Installed and developed a Groovy and Grails Spring MVC 2.6.3 applications using Groovy & Grails ToolSuite 3.4.0 that run upon Java/JVM JDK 7, Tomcat 7, jQuery/QUnit, Hibernate 3/4, and Spring MVC.
- Reviewed Grails 2.3.7 Framework - Reference Documentation at grails.org and developing tutorial samples.
- Studied and practicing prototypes using AngularJS, and BackboneJS.
- Installed and reviewed Java 8.
- Read Learning jQuery, 4th Edition, Making Java Groovy, Beginning Groovy, Grails, and Griffon, and Apache SOLR 3 Enterprise Search Server books.
(Java) Application Engineer
- Re-engineering of a Mutual Fund Accounting Net Asset and Sales Reporting MS-Access application to Confidential 's go-forward technology.
- Conducted business analysis to prepare a business requirements specification(BRS), conducted technical design to prepare a system design document(SDD) with use cases, sequence diagrams, deployment diagrams, UI wireframes, and database model diagrams.
- Programming, unit testing, and system testing the new software.
Environment: JDK 1.7, Spring Tool Suite(STS) 3.4.0, Spring MVC 3.1.1, jQuery 1.9.1, Hibernate 3.3.2, SVN, Anthill, SQL Server 2012, and Excel.
- Configured my workstation for a Windows7 operating system and later for the Mint Linux operating system by installing Cygwin, NetBeans, Java 1.7, Mercurial/Jenkins Java source code libraries for several customer implementations, and SquirreL MySQL and PostgreSQL database connections.
- Using TDD agile cutting-edge, open-source Java development, developed GWT enhancements to improve the UI suggestBox to accept invoice statement Ids as well as customer names. Also completed an enhancement the PaymentEditor to apply payments made to invoices. Used JUnit, Selenium, ChromeDriver, FireFoxDriver, IEDriver, and HTML unit to research, develop, and unit and integration test the Java GWT code enhancements using NetBeans. Used Maven to compile, build and test the Java software enhancements. Used Mercurial and Jenkins to integrate the code changes to the Java libraries.
- Attended team meetings where: business analysts discussed software changes and database data model elements for healthcare billing software to support both doctors and insurance agencies, the tech lead described the software library modules/components and the Camel Service component design, and SCRUM daily status team hang-outs.
- Reviewed the current UI and recorded usability defects and other defects using the Pivotal Tracker.
- Studied “Camel In Action” to learn about Camel and Enterprise Integration Patterns. Studied Maven and Mercurial to learn about source code builds and agile continuous releases.
- Performed TDD agile Java development to program and test ServiceMix(OSGI framework - ActiveMQ, Camel, Karaf) RealtimeEnrollmentRouteFile and PayeeService/JSON components using Junit, Mockito, Guice, Spring, Maven, Jetty, and NetBeans.
- As a consultant to Confidential Wholesale Technology Services for special risk insurance SOA integration effort, designed, programmed, and tested RESTful and SOAP web services to load SalesLogix CRM data via (JSR173) StAX/JAXB using JDK 1.6 into a VRC Velocity Insurance Accounting system to replace a Solomon Accounting system.
- Implemented JDK 1.5 innovations such as: autoboxing, enumeration for singleton design pattern, enhanced For Loop, static import for constants, generics/parameterized types, String.format, annotations, reflection Class.getCanonicalName, BigDecimal wrapper, StringBuilder, and JAXB 2.0. Used JDK 1.6 JSR173 StAX new features to parse XML elements for the SalesLogix RESTful web services and JAXRPC for Velocity CRM web services. Used Struts 1.3 and Hibernate DAO to implement web pages to maintain middleware translation parameter tables.
- CRM Service Facades and DAO design patterns were used to implement the middleware load process.
Environment: The software was developed using Windows7, Linux, NetBeans, JBoss 5.1.0.GA, MySQL, SQL Server 2008, Oracle 10g, Java SE 1.6, Spring, Hibernate 3.3, Struts 1.3, HTML/jQuery, and Quartz.
(Java) Tech Team Lead
- As a consultant to Confidential, met with customer SME to prepare high-level and detail design document to design enhancements to the web application with no or very few defects.
- Prepared web page mock ups, UML activity diagrams, and UML sequence diagrams.
- Presented the detail design document to team members and stakeholders to gain approval of the design before leading the team to implement the changes.
- Held weekly status meetings and helped resolve their technical problems. Reviewed unit testing results and the code against standards and requested modifications.
- As a consultant to Confidential, researched EDI claims router enhancements, documented the high-level and detail design for the enhancement, and walked through the proposed design document to team members. Coded the C language changes, prepared unit test plans, and unit tested the enhancements in a AIX/UNIX server with a DB2 7.2 database. performed systems analysis, programming, and testing of PowerBuilder/PFC 10.5 enhancements with Sybase 12.5 and Oracle 8i RDBMS stored procedures to reconcile FedEx charges with shipped promo/rebate orders within the invoicing application.
Environment: The PowerBuilder application ran as a Windows XP client with an HP-UNIX server.
- Provided technical design leadership to improve Java class reuse, recommend use of JSTL to simplify and upgrade Struts JSP taglibs, eliminate hard-coded constants, establish naming conventions, and improve documentation.
- At the request of management, advised team to use an agile methodology to achieve software engineering process improvements and to meet the migration goal to new website by the end of February 2007. Encouraged the use of JIRA to manage requirements and implement change control, improve project planning, and improve project task estimates.
- Provided technical leadership to improve the design of server-side Java classes for reuse, conciseness, and documentation using javadoc and UML. Attended and recorded software team walkthrough meetings.