- To obtain a position as software engineer in a fast - paced technology company and groom myself with varied responsibilities and creating a potential for advancement.
- Around 11+ years of IT experience in software analysis, design, development, maintenance and support of different applications using Standalone, Web and Client/Server technologies in N-Tier J2EE Architecture on various UNIX (Solaris/Linux) and Windows environments.
- Experience in complete software development life cycle including Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation, Maintenance and Support.
- Worked in diversified areas like Retail and Telecom Domain.
- Good implementation knowledge of OOPS concepts.
- Experience in developing Application & Framework using MVC Architecture SPRING MVC, J2EE Design Patterns and Core Java Patterns.
- Strong server side coding experience using Core Java, Servlets, JSP, JUnit, XML in Unix and Windows environments.
- Hands on experience in using various Application servers like Weblogic and Web Servers like
- Extensive experience in IDEs like Eclipse and IntelliJ.
- Working knowledge in multi-tiered distributed environment, OOAD concepts, good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and familiarity Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Experienced in CI (Continuous Integration) practice and its tools like Electric commander and Jenkins.
- Worked with different DBMSs like Oracle 9i/10g/11g and MySQL.
- Experience in using version control and configuration management tools like SVN and GIT.
- Experienced in supporting distributed applications using an industry accepted ITIL standard (IT Infrastructure Library).
- Experience in application performance and monitoring tools like Splunk, Grafana, Graphite and New Relic.
- Good exposure to application performance testing tool JMeter & Blazemeter.
- Experienced in ticketing tool ServiceNow.
- Good exposure to scheduling tool CA Workload Automation.
- Successful in meeting new technical challenges and finding out solutions to meet teh business needs by interacting with teh client and stakeholders.
- Quick Learner and adaptable to new technologies in short span and implement them in real time projects for fast and quality development & productivity.
- Highly motivated team player with good Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills. Proven Communication, Leadership Qualities and TEMPeffective Analytical & Problem-solving skills.
Programming Languages: Java, Ruby, SQL, Flex
Java/J2EE Technologies: Spring, Servlet, JDBC
Web Development: JSP, Servlet, CSS, XML, JSON
Frameworks: Spring MVC, SOA, Cairngorm
XML/Web Services: XML, XSD, WSDL, SOAP, DOM, SAX, JAXP, JAXB
Messaging Technologies: IBM WebSphere MQ Series
Application/Web Servers: Web Logic, Apache Tomcat
Methodologies/ Design Patterns: OOAD, OOP, MVC, DAO, Singleton
Databases: Oracle9i/10g/11g & MySQL 5.1
IDEs: Eclipse, IntelliJ
Build Automation: Ant, Maven and Gradle
Testing and Logging Frameworks: JUnit, Log4J
Tools: Microsoft Visio, TOAD, SQL Developer, Adobe Flex builder 3
Continuous Integration: Electric commander, Jenkins.
Infrastructure Automation: Chef
Development Approaches: Agile Application Development (AAD), Waterfall
Performance Tools: JMeter, Blazemeter
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix, OS X Yosemite
Application performance and Monitoring tools: Splunk, Grafana, Graphite, New Relic
Ticketing and Issue Tracking Tools: ServiceNow, Jira
Scheduling Tools: CA Workload Automation
Confidential, San Francisco, CA.
Production Support Lead
- Worked on maintenance, minor enhancements and production support of ecommerce applications.
- Provided L2 support on Incident Tickets/outages and problem management as per ITIL framework.
- Incident, problem & change management.
- Minor bug fixes and outage handling.
- Have worked on various internal products used for Product and category management, Marketing content management, pricing and promotions and Order Management System.
- Performed application availability, health checks and functional testing during minor and major releases/changes.
- Validation of business requirements.
- Redesign teh application functionalities for better client experience and performance.
- Delivered teh solutions keeping focus on client’s expectations / SLAs
- Worked on weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports for senior management review.
- Involved in preparing run books, process documents for multiple applications.
- Motivated and assisted teh team members to face teh challenge to meet client’s requirement.
- Created Disaster recovery plans for peak volume days (Black Friday & Cyber Monday).
- Performance/Load testing teh production environments to make sure teh systems are peak ready and perform well under high load.
- Worked as teh one of teh Technical Product Owner for Order Management System.
- Developed automation tools and scripts to improve teh availability, manageability and operability of services
- Involved in development of multiple automations and tools to halp teh operations team minimize teh day to day redundant work and error prone tasks.
- Ensured correct checks/metrics are in place for teh monitoring of business-critical functions.
- Created application metrics dashboard on Grafana and Graphite.
- Ensured Root Cause Analysis for all teh severities are done on time.
- Mentor and guide team members, co-ordinate with onshore counterparts.
- Developing applications using Adobe flex, actionscript and Java.
- Managing development of sub modules, resource planning, providing technical leadership, reporting progress to project manager.
- Implementation of tools for automated unit testing and code quality tracking.
- Code Walkthrough, Design Review and Version Management (Star Team, SVN)
- Coding for front-end and middle tier logic of teh application.
- Unit testing and System integration testing.
- Developing project standards
- Worked on y-files for graphically representing circuits and network diagrams.
- Defect Fixes and support.
- Evaluation and implementation of software development and testing tools.
- Ensure adherence to quality processes.
- Been a part of ORT of teh system after teh product went Live.
- Been independent worker in most of teh modules.
- Mentoring new people joining teh project, for a complete walkthrough of teh system and domain knowledge.
TOOLS/TECHNOLOGIES/ENVIRONMENT: Java/J2EE, SQL, Tomcat, Eclipse, Toad, Tortoise SVN, Flex, Oracle 10g, Weblogic, Adobe Flex builder 3, y-files, SQL Navigator.