- Have 7 years of experience in Automation testing using Selenium in Java, c sharp(c#) and Web service testing of SOAP and REST services, QTP.
- Have good grip on Customer Relationship Management (CRM) products such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Expertise in working with automation tools like QTP, Selenium and SOAP UI.
- Designed and implemented different automation frameworks like Page Object, Page Factory, keyword driven, Data driven, Hybrid frameworks.
- Proficient in automation of Selenium Webdriver in C#, Java using TestNG, ANT, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber.
- Created and Executed Automated Coded UI Tests in VSTS 2010.
- Strong experience in Travel & Tourism, Financial and Insurance domains.
- Experience in Testing Web applications, web services and Client/Server systems.
- Expertise in testing SOAP and REST Web services using SOAP UI.
- Excellent experience of build tools like Maven, ANT and continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Expertise in database testing using SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Good knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) on Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall Environments.
- Experience in working on Linux (ubuntu) environment and extensive working knowledge in Linux Shell Scripting.
- Experience in android mobile automation using Selenium Webdriver, Robotium and Appium.
- Expertise in writing SQL queries, stored procedures and database testing.
- Experience in Microsoft SharePoint (MOSS) application and content management systems testing.
- Good Exposure to Oracle Application Testing Suite (OATS) tool, Oracle Test manager.
- Solid experience in Database Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing and Smoke Testing
- Experienced in working closely with the clients and the business analysts to analyze the client requirements.
- Hands on Experience in preparing of Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios, Test Data and Test Execution.
- Strong knowledge in Automation Framework Designing, Executing and maintaining automated test scripts.
- Always keen to learn new technologies and look for advancement.
- Quick learner, strong work ethics and willingness to work hard to achieve employer objectives.
Operating System: Windows, Linux - Ubuntu, Mac
Testing Frameworks: TestNG, Junit, Nunit, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid
Testing Tools: QTP, Selenium, Coded UI Visual Studio Team System, SOAP UI, Cucumber
Build Tools: Jenkins,, Maven, ANT
Languages: C, Groovy, C#, Java, HTML, XML, JSON, SQL, PL/SQL, Gherkins
Database: MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MY SQL
Defect Tracking Tools: Bugzilla, Assembla, JIRA, Clear Quest, Quality Center, TFS, MTM
Test Management Tools: Version One, RQM, HP Quality Center/Test Director
Code Versioning tools: SVN, Github, TFS, VSS
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Perform backend data testing writing SQL queries against postgresql database.
- Document the test cases in TestRail and participate in peer reviews.
- Run the builds in Jenkins and deploy the packages using Rundeck in all environments.
- Test the REST web services using postman plugin and verify the results.
- Analyze the requirements for all user stories and work with the business team to understand the product.
- Test the responsive web pages on iOS and android mobiles and test the AXS mobile app using TestFairy.
- Use Charles debugging tool to monitor the network traffic while testing desktop and mobile versions.
- Prepare the test plans and getting the signoff from the entire team.
- Work with the developers to resolve the bugs and ensure smooth releases.
- Participate in daily scrum, sprint planning, retrospective and weekly bug triage meetings.
- Perform load testing using JMeter - used thread Groups, samplers, listeners to calculate the average response time.
- Check the email JSON payload in the RabbitMQ and verify the email content using Salesforce ExactTarget
- Test the email content in all email agents using litmus and Email on Acid tools.
- Test the UX changes in all the browsers in all OS’s using BrowserStack.
- Perform cross browser testing by comparing the against the mockup screens in zeplin.
QA Automation Engineer
- Design keyword driven and page object automation framework for selenium automation using Webdriver, Java and TestNG
- Use selenium grid to execute tests on different browsers.
- Schedule jobs using Jenkins to run at regular intervals for spot and regression testing for all the environments.
- Create and maintain test cases, test runs using test case management tool Test Rails
- Interact with the Business Analysts for requirement analysis, test case reviews.
- Generate weekly status reports using Test Rails and share with the management team.
- Test SOAP and REST web services using SOAPUI and build scripts using Groovy
- Database testing by writing SQL queries in oracleSQL developer tool
- Develop data driven framework to test web services using java, TestNG in eclipse
- Participate in daily scrum, sprint, grooming, planning, retrospective meetings as part of agile process
- Log defects, monitor their status and track them to closure using JIRA.
- Present sprint demos to the product owners at the end of every sprint.
- Support smoke and regression testing in production environment during rolling deployments.
- Design object repository in the selenium framework using CSS and XPATH locators using page objects.
- Manage code repository in STASH and build the confluence pages for reference.
- Generate dynamic email reports using java mail and maven.
- Develop automation smoke test cases and regression test cases to support releases.
- Set up windows server for test automation project; Schedule test automation project on testing server as back-end windows services.
Software Engineer in Test
- Participate in Sprint planning, sprint estimation and commit the user stories for the sprint in version one.
- Attend daily scrum meetings and discuss the completed tasks and impediments.
- Requirement analysis of the user stories using the use cases uploaded in blue works.
- Design High Level Test scenarios and Test Scripts in RQM.
- Interim demo and Final demo to the DHCS product owner for the acceptance of completed user stories.
- Involve in smoke testing, regression testing, SAT, CAT activities.
- Execution of daily smoke tests to ensure the deployment of each environment is stable.
- Test cases review with peer group and Business Analyst of the module.
- Test case Execution and raise defects in clear quest tool as and when they are found.
- Performed backend database testing using SQL/PLSQL queries ensures the data consistency.
- Sprint retro and discuss what went good and bad in completed sprint and areas of improvement.
- Developed the Automation test framework Scripts using Java, Jenkins, Junit, Cucumber and Selenium Page Object, Page Factory Frameworks.
- Involved in executing all Selenium test scripts on the different browsers and checked for Compatibility.
- Regression and smoke test cases were automated using Selenium and Java.
- Experience in Behaviour Driven Development using Cucumber and Gherkin scripting language
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases.
- Extensively used SQL and PL/SQL to retrieve the data from databases to perform data validations and comparisons for regression testing.
- Executed Selenium automation suites on different platforms and done cross browser testing in parallel using Maven and Selenium Grid.
- Create and run BAT File to execute Automation Test Suites and generate XSLT Reports using Apache ANT and TestNG.
- Developed BDD scripts using Cucumber writing step definitions and behaviors.
Senior QA Engineer
- Prepare, review and execute Manual Test Cases.
- Functional Specification Analysis and clarifications with client to assure the right business.
- Attended the daily scrum meetings, weekly status meetings and gave status update.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Developers for resolving Defects.
- Provide a weekly project report that includes testing metrics and defect summary status reports
- Log and track defects using ASSEMBLA, JIRA.
- Deployment of build using Github, GitBash, GitGUI, Jenkins for crawlers.
- Test JAVA Pop Store web service using SOAPUI and done PostgreSQL testing in UNIX & Windows environments.
- Test hundred plus crawlers without defect escapes.
- Test features Rule Engine, DMS report and Exporter applications. Also, did database testing using SQL queries in SQL Server 2008.
- Involved in preparation of Hybrid Automation framework using selenium webdriver, Java, TestNG.
- Development of re-usable frame work using Apache Http Client with TestNG, Maven using Java
- Identify automation scenarios and develop the automation scripts, reusable components, function libraries.
- Performed Backend testing to verify the data integrity by passing SQL queries.
- Participated and Initiated Team meetings on a regular basis to improve the testing quality using better strategies and testing approach.
Environment: Postgresql 9.1, UNIX, SOAP UI, Java, Selenium webdriver, TestNG, Apache HTTP Client
- Performed Smoke and Functional testing on every build of the application.
- Performed the Backend validation using SQL Queries and also validated the UI values against the database.
- Developed test automation framework using Selenium, C# and Nunit.
- Tested all the sales workflows in CRM application.
- Developed and maintained automated Smoke, Regression test cases using Selenium RC, C# and Nunit.
- Check out /Check in project code using TFS.
- Defect logging, assignment and tracking through Microsoft Test Manager (MTM).
- Involved in data access layer to communicate to the database writing stored procedures in My SQL.
- Performed security roles testing in CRM.
- Generated the test execution reports using XML and XSLT.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionality.
- Analyzed the requirements and participate in client calls to get all required clarifications on requirements.
- Involved in preparing test plans and participated in peer review meetings
- Extensively used SQL scripts/queries for data verification at the backend.
Environment: Microsoft CRM 4.0, C#, Visual Studio, SQL, Microsoft Test Manager(MTM), Selenium RC, Grid, Nunit, .Net framework 2.0
- Testing of Web Services using web services client generated using Apache Axis utility to track request and response SOAP Messages
- Analyzed the business requirement documents and developed test cases
- Executed manual test cases, log and track bugs in TFS.
- Worked closely with developers in resolving software defects found during testing.
- Performed Back end testing by executing SQL Queries.
- Using Object Repository Manager created and maintained shared object Repository.
- Used Descriptive programming to enhance the functionality coverage of the application without using Object Repository
- Designed and developed automation test scripts using QTP (Quick test Professional) and managed testing activities using Mercury Quality Center.
- Design and Implementation of the Automation framework, driver script, General and Application Specific Functional Libraries
- Scheduled the execution of automated test scripts, analyzed the results and reported bugs in Quality center.
- Created Recovery Files using Recovery Scenario Manager, associated the recovery scenarios to tests to instruct QTP with specified trigger action on unexpected event/popup.
- Used descriptive programming for objects whose property changes dynamically.
- Using Global/Local - Test/Action Parameters and Data-Sheets to create data-driven testing.
- Enhancing the tests by creating logging functions to capture and append the logs to the test run.
Environment: TFS, Microsoft CRM 4.0, SQL, SOAP, QTP (Quick Test Pro 9.5), VBScript, Quality center