- Software Engineer with over 23 years of experience in the design and launch of Desktop and Mobile software platforms for Web, Windows, Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Has significant background knowledge in the development of User Interface (UI), 2D and 3D Graphics, Layout Engines, Interface Design, and Animation.
- Team Lead, Design patterns, Object oriented programming, Agile project management methods, Kanban methodology, Daily scrum/standup meetings, Bug tracking software including BLT and VersionOne, Concurrent versioning software such as CVS, SVN, Versions for Mac & Araxis Merge
- Peer code reviews, Full app development cycle
- Working in a team environment, and Coordinating with QA, Production, and Design teams to develop and implement new features, and track and resolve bugs.
- Quick study
- Extremely detail oriented and have a great eye for form and flow
- Enthusiastic brainstormer and problem solver
- Logical thinker
- Whiz at reverse engineering and accurately solving for a particular visual result
- Fluent in: developing for Web, Windows, Mac Desktop, and iOS platforms using:
- Agile/Scrum SDLC methodologies
- 3D modeling experience (Maya, Truespace, etc)
- Animation, special effects, graphics, and UI layout engines
DEVELOPMENT PLATFORMS: Windows, Windows Mobile, Mac Desktop, iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch), Embedded Systems
DEVELOPMENT SOFTWARE: Microsoft Dev Studio, Qt, Xcode & Interface Builder, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Maya, Truespace
SOFTWARE LIFECYCLE SOFTWARE: Jira, Hansoft
DATA FORMATS: JSON, XML
SKILLS: Drawing, art, concept work, image and logo design, website design and implementation, basic problem solving, game design and programming, UI design, end to end app design and programming, music and songwriting, 3D computer animation and modeling.
UI TEAM LEAD / SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Work extremely close with Design and Production teams to generate wireframes, designs, mockups, and prototypes.
- Execute new features, bug fixes, improvements using a wide range of technologies that span all the way from core C++ code that handles server requests and responses to the application UI’s layer written in HTML5.
- Created a resuable UI toolkit of UI components in CSS/LESS and built an application front-end in HTML5 (Angular, LESS, jQuery, etc).
- Fluent in the Nokia’s Qt Application Framework. Scope of work focused on Social features of the client with experience in most other areas of the client as well.
- Created the Origin application front-end using HTML5 with Responsive Design.
- Implemented Social features - Chat, Friends list, Voice Chat, Downloader
- Cobranded installer UI
- Created windowing system in Qt for the client’s native application chrome
- Created notification system for the client
- Responsible for naming the Origin 10.0 client “Origin X”
Lead Software Engineer
- AIM for iOS, Mac Desktop, Windows, and Windows Mobile
- “Lifestream” for iOS
- ICQ for iOS and Windows
- Mapquest for iOS
- AOL Windows Clients 4.0 - 9.0 (C++)
- Various Mac and iOS projects.
- Was Principle/Sole designer and developer for the installer program for AOL 4.0, AOL 5.0, AOL 6.0, AOL 7.0, AOL 8.0, and AOL 9.0.
- Prototyped, designed, and implemented a standalone Media Player application for launch of a conceptual AOL Music Rental Service.
- Implemented a Peer-To-Peer Video Chat feature within the AOL client, using AOL's proprietary markup language, "FDO", and integrated the feature with Microsoft's Video Chat SDK.
- Ported the back-end graphics code from GDI++ to AOL-proprietary "Platform Basics" codebase.
- Worked on all functional aspects of the platform, including animation, special effects, graphics, and UI layout engines.
Confidential, Chantilly, Virginia
- Performed software programming for Windows platforms; used Microsoft Visual C, MFC and Visual Basic development environments.
- Conducted embedded systems programming for international signaling conversion products.
- Used Assembly language to program Intel 8751 and Microchip PIC microcontrollers.
- Created product demonstrations with Truespace 2, Photoshop, and HTML.
- Provided component and system-level testing and repair of digital and analog communications equipment; used PADS, SCHEMA, and ORCAD to create schematics.