- I am a Software Engineer with 5 years of experience in agile software development, design and testing.
- My experience ranges from the deployment of real - time GIS processing kits to the management of distributed processing grids with responsive graphic interfaces.
- I have experience in implementing design requirements as well as maintaining prior work.
- My skillset is diverse, and I have experience in both data processing pipelines as well as full stack development with enterprise technologies such as the Spring framework.
- I am a team player with experience in training and leading teams of developers to ensure projects stay within costs and on-time while meeting customer satisfaction.
- I have performed in nearly every role in the information technology work flow from systems administrator to full stack developer.
- My unique perspective gives me a solid understanding of how to maximize productivity within the constraints of a goal.
Frameworks & Libraries: Spring Framework (Security, MVC, Data), GDAL, OpenCV, NumPy, SciPy, X-Ray, Celery, Gnuplot, Matplotlib, Numexpr, Boost, Memcache, Postgis2, Flask, Joomla, Ext JS, J2EE, Primefaces, Eclipselink, Hibernate, Drools/Kie
Testing: JUnit, PyTest, Grails
Mobile: Android, Flutter/Dart
UI: Angular, Bootstrap, jQuery UI, HTML5, CSS3, Ext JS Classic, GWT
OS: Windows, Linux, MacOS, Unix
Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Microsoft SQL, Couchbase
Application Servers: IIS, Apache2, Tomcat, Light, Gunicorn, Weblogic, JBoss
DevOps: Jira, Jenkins, Basecamp, Polarion, Spiceworks
Tools: Maven, Eclipse, Git, Spyder, PyCharm, Vim, Jupyter, SOAP, REST, Gradle
Cloud: EC2, EBS, S3, AWS
Agile: Scrum, Pair Programming, Lean, Kanban
- Develop and improve GIS solutions for transportation management clients
- Improve code quality by deploying industry proven solutions such as SonarQube, Linters
- Modernize and upgrade existing solutions to Java 8/9 standards with MVC patterns
- Convert existing front-end elements to React and Angular components
- Update and correct geospatial data for accurate recommendations from Postgis and JBoss Drools systems
- Oversee integration of real time travel analytic into J2EE applications serving state-wide transportation agencies and implement automated integration tools to increase accuracy of the integrated data.
- Technical lead for 511/incident management website government customer
Software Engineer III
- Develop content rich EBJs and JSFs with primefaces.
- Manage and develop SOAP XML host message interfaces
- Develop JPQL queries for interfacing with Microsoft SQL Server
- Coordinate with controls engineers to automate warehouse distribution and inventory tasks
- Retrofit depreciated libraries to work with new innovations in order to meet customer satisfaction and requirements
- Develop user interfaces using jQuery, Primefaces, and XHTML which best meet customer UX expectations.
- Creation of automation scripts to improve return time on tasks using python, Microsoft Excel, and Jupyter
- Develop functionality for the Tatami application, a social network built using HTML5, AngularJS, Bootstrap, the Spring Framework, ElasticSearch, REST APIs, and Cassandra (https://github.com/ippontech/tatami)
- Develop contract manager software using Ext JS, Spring, Hibernate full stack and interface with customer to ensure satisfaction while providing technical guidance for improving performance and code cleanliness.
- Develop human resource application using Spring, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and Angular.
- Create services using AWS ebs and s3 api’s.
- Implement microservice architecture using JHipster
- Create and work with RabbitMQ services
- Provide customer guidance on Agile best practices and coordination with dedicated Scrum Coach to ensure customer compliance.
- Development and design of responsive UI’s using a MVC framework (Spring Framework, Flask)
- Implementation of a highly extensible framework to visualize data in a web-based environment (Spring Framework, Flask)
- Training and development of new and current staff members for work with new and emerging technologies allowing organic team building (Spring Framework, Celery, Redis, Scrum, Pair Programming)
- Optimizations and consulting on Geospatial databases containing millions of rows from 5 minute queries to 15 seconds (MySQL, PHP, Joomla)
- Development in Android applications allowing better quality assurance in critical environments including navigation for the vision impaired (Android)
- Improvement of algorithms and domain decompositions to improve performance by ten- fold (C/C++, Python, NumPy)
- Investigation of new technologies including new geospatial techniques and SAR data (C/C++, Python, NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib)
- Technical Expert for High Performance needs attending regular international collaboration meetings with partners abroad
- Processing of satellite imagery including optimization and statistical analysis/classification (C/C++, Perl, Bash)
- Lifespan support and maintenance of C++ .NET applications and troubleshooting C# .NET applications for database management
- Organizing and producing goals and sprints for agile development as well as keeping regular meetings to assess sprint progress
- Produce documentation and training materials to ensure maintainability
- Create and manage topics on RabbitMQ systems for managing distributed systems
Programmer Analyst and Intern
- Development of inventory system using web technologies (jQuery, PHP, MySQL, MVC)
- Support of CAD and Engineering groups (Teamcenter Server)
- Setup and configuration of Linux and Windows systems
- Setup and management of Apple OS X systems with puppet and centrify
- Support and installation of VMWare technologies
- Correction and remediation of cybersecurity threats