- 5+ years of experience in Android
- 6+ years of experience in teh IT field
- 7+ years of experience in Leadership
- 5 Published apps in teh Confidential Play Store
- Ability to debug, diagnose performance bottlenecks and fix complex issues.
- Knowledge of NoSQL datastores (Firebase, Realm, MarkLogic, MongoDB, Datastax, Apache Cassandra, Redis, etc.).
- Skilled with very detailed work, intense scrutiny, and take teh time to test minute details, not only in code but in design, interface and usability.
- Experience with fingerprint sensor/scanner and up - to-speed on Nugat (V7).
- Aid UX in promoting best practices within Android design and ecosystem.
- Continuously research, test, and implement new techniques, frameworks, and utilities.
- Hands-on experience building very large scale, high availability applications.
- Skilled with web services (REST, HTTP-based, XML, SOAP, JSON or other services).
- Knowledgeable of development life cycle and Confidential App Store policies and submissions requirements.
- Track record of leading productive engineering/development from conception, through development and getting approval in teh app store following best practices and requirements.
- Infuses teh team with positive leadership and support, providing code design, code reviews, and mentoring.
- Implemented teh latest Material Design guidelines, animations and UX optimization, Fragments, Layouts, Animations, Compound Views, Custom Views, ListView and RecyclerView.
- Advocate for coding best practices based on Object Oriented Principles.
- Experience with Push Notifications, Confidential Maps, Navigation, GPS, and social media APIs.
- Supervised unit and integration testing suites developed with Mockito and Espresso.
- Practiced in software methodologies such as Agile methodology and Scrum processes.
- Extensive experience in user interface (UI/UX) using wire framing tools such as Balsamiq Mockups.
- Proficient in using Eclipse IDE with ADT plugin and Android Studio.
- Practiced in Android frameworks and APIs to efficiently load data and update databases: Loaders, AsyncTaskLoader and SyncAdapters.
- Implemented teh RESTful data consumption using Retrofit with an OkHttp client, GSON and Jackson converters and a custom interceptor.
- Proficient with multiple IDEs tailored for Android Development (Android Studio, Eclipse).
- Experienced in MVC, MVP, MVVM as well as Singleton, Command, Facade, Proxy and Observer design patterns.
- Strong noledge in Agile development environments, periodically taking teh roles of Scrum Master role and product manager.
- Experience with social media web services, libraries, APIs and SDKs such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Confidential + and Twitter.
Programming Tools: Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, Android Studio, Sublime Text, XAMPP, JavaDoc
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite
Operating Systems: Android, Windows, Linux, Macintosh
Desktop Software: Microsoft Office
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Senior Android Developer
- Collaborated with iOS, Web, and UX team to develop a high-quality product to different clients.
- Followed Confidential Material Design guidelines, and Android engineering best practices.
- Refactored teh existing Android app and separated teh API calls and Firebase listening into SDK.
- Implemented Referral feature in teh app using Branch SDK.
- Used native Confidential location services and maps APIs including clustering markers, polylines and polygons, geofence, etc.
- Implemented MVP architecture for loosely coupled code and to increase testability. Used Mockito in JUnit testing, Espresso and MonkeyRunner for UI testing.Developed robust and scalable modules to be use in multiple applications.Migrated some existing code to Kotlin, and wrote new code in Kotlin.Utilized Kotlin for higher order functions, null safety, and delegate design pattern.Used Git and GitHub in teh daily basis, and Jenkins for automated testing and build automation. Migrated Volley components to Retrofit 2 for consuming web services. Used EventBus, RxJava and AsyncTask to achieve asynchronicity and avoid non-responsive apps.Utilized GSON to transform complex data structure into and from JSON Objects to be stored or retrieved from shared preferences for offline storage.Used Picasso to asynchronously fetch and load images.Synchronized data between multiple across multiple devices and platforms.Worked individually on project but helped others when asked or when others were having difficulties.
- Integrated Mixpanel, firebase analytics, Confidential analytics, Facebook analytics, Tune analytics, and Fabric for tracking analytics.
- Utilized native libraries for custom animations. Debugged with Android Debug Bridge and Charles for debugging network calls.
Technologies: Android Studio, Java, Kotlin, Espresso, Mockito, JUnit, Retrofit2, JIRA, Quip, Confluence, Jenkins, Git and GitHub, MVP, Singleton, Android Debug Bridge, Charles, RxJava, AsyncTask, Concurrency, Thread Safety, Agile, Scrum, Picasso, Java, Android Annotations, Architecture and Design Patterns
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
Senior Android Developer
- Led a 5-person team of developers on a project which had multiple teams working different parts.
- Created report on possibilities created by teh introduction of Android Jelly Bean: Improved Wi-Fi, Nested Fragments, Open GL.
- Prioritize teh technical architecture and technical debt of teh Android app.
- Enhanced teh UI/UX by adding custom views and compound views and Navigation Drawer.
- Used Confidential Maps API, Places API, Weather API, and Flights API for incorporating geo-location based features, weather info, and real-time flight information.
- Coordinated with teh testing team during teh testing phase to resolve issues.
- Added HelpShift to allow users to search FAQs quickly from their phones and send a note automatically attaching their device details.
- Test Driven Development methodology was used to ensure every method was done properly and tested thoroughly.
- Coordinated teh implementation of Volley in teh HTTP requests inside teh application.
- Worked with Dagger 2 for dependency injection to develop clean, maintainable code.
- Participated in all stages of software development.
- Queried for requests utilizing HTTP and parsed JSON responses.
- Used AsyncTask to handle teh communication to teh web services.
- Organized collaboration between onsite and offshore developers.
- Used Crashlytics to track user behavior and obtain mobile analytics.
- Implemented Dagger for dependency injection.
- Developed efficient and maintainable code with teh right balance between solving teh problem at hand and not over-engineering teh solution.
- Used Volley and GSON to retrieve information from an internally programmed API and make teh conversion between teh JSON and POJOs.
- Implemented multi-language support using XML for simple menus and web services for content.
- Implemented Otto library for decoupling different parts of teh application.
- Implemented Material design feature of RecyclerView, toolbar, and CardView.
- Worked with asynchronous requests to teh server with Volley library.
- Implemented teh use of handlers and threads on several tasks which improved teh application performance.
- Added Push Notification features with Confidential Cloud Messaging.
- Implemented LRU Cache to increase teh performance of ListView scrolling.
- Supported multiple screen resolutions implementing different layouts for portrait and landscape.
- Used Flurry for user behavior tracking and quality control over crashes.
- Tested teh mobile app in various emulators to support multiple Android devices.
- Provided tools to start working and strategies to follow for teh code development.
Technologies: Android support library, Confidential Cloud Messaging (GCM), Confidential Guava, Confidential Protocol Buffers
Confidential, Santa Monica, CA
Senior Android Developer
- Added new home screen travel card, always ready when needed.
- Updated teh UI/UX implementing a newer up-to-date Android styling.
- Implemented teh user interface by using Compound View, Custom View, RecyclerView, View Pager and Tab Layout.
- Used AGILE process programming with 2-week sprint cycles.
- Used Retrofit to enhance teh module dat communicates with teh Java Web Services.
- Acted as Scrum Master managing task load and making sure team members took programming tasks they were suited to, or were properly paired for tasks; ensured all tasks and backlog were getting done, dat we made deadline and making sure dat all developers were familiar with teh main modules.
- Used 9-patch to manage images per requirements.
- Scheduled weekly meetings to report application progress.
- Added support for Confidential Maps to render teh location of bank branches.
- Implemented new design, styles, themes to give a new look and feel to teh app,
- Debugging and testing with teh Dalvik Debug Monitor Server (DDMS).
- Designed and implemented multiple screen sizes support for phones, tablets and TV Sticks.
- Participated in app planning, design and architecture.
- Added environment configuration with sessions and user login using SharedPreferences.
- Participated in teh full lifecycle development process.
- Created cloud connection with rest client calls, GSON and OKHTTP.
- Spearheaded Android Wear optimization to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Gathered requirements and interacted with product manager, project manager and cross-functional teams.
Technologies: Android support library, Confidential Cloud Messaging (GCM), Confidential GSON, BoltsFramework, Confidential Analytics, Picasso, NineOldAndroids, okHttp, Universal Image Loader, Okio, Retrofit, Confidential Zxing, Apache Http Auth, Android Asynchronous Http Client, Glide, ACRA, GreenRobot EventBus, Confidential GData Client, SignPost OAuth, Reactive X, ThreatMetrix SDK, card.io, svg-android
Confidential, Santa Monica, CA
Lead Android Developer
- Implemented an Android service to synchronize teh latest news, getting them from RESTful web services.
- Consumed Web Services using a Retrofit instance with a built-in GSON converter.
- Implemented Custom Controls with teh ExoPlayer library.
- Added support for Chromecast as teh remote control for teh app.
- Incorporated Facebook SDK and Twitter API for logging, posting and share experiences.
- Incorporated Firebase push notifications.
- Accessed web content using implicit and explicit intents.
- Designed tweaks to teh look and feel using Model design.
- Worked in an Agile development environment with daily scrums.
- Extensive use of support libraries to ensure backward compatibility with older Android versions.
- Worked with Android status bar notifications.
- Added a DrawerLayout to handle external and constant menu items related to teh app’s current Activity and extra features.
- Diagnosed and fixed bugs dat caused unintended product behavior.
- Designed prototypes to create teh main flow of teh application with JustinMind.
- Implemented data persistence using SQLite and ContentProvider.
- Used JIRA for new requirements, issues, bug tracking, and project planning.
- Developed several Compound Views and Custom Views.
- Delivered teh setup of a Firebase mobile back end, setting up teh code cloud and teh connection with multiple external services.
- Layout of user interface maintained efficiently through Fragments.
- Used persistent data on teh device to store information already loaded for future use.
Technologies: Android support library, Confidential Cloud Messaging (GCM), FMOD Ex Programmers API, Unity 3D, Crashlytics, Retrofit, fabric, Simple XML Serialization, Localytics
Confidential, Middletown, RI
- Developed CSS styles to maintain teh uniformity of all teh screens throughout teh application and positioning of screen objects.
- Wrote application level code to interact with teh database, AJAX, JSON and XML via web services and APIs.
- Developed and executed regression test procedures, formulated test plans, verified accuracy of user documentation and manuals.
- Deployed to IRAQ (November 2010 - October 2011) and directed 200+ convoys in 12 months.
- Led 25-person team operating and managing ammunition distribution for teh whole Battalion consisting of 5 units and approximately 300 personnel.
- Planned and executed weapons training dat increased section readiness 5%.
- Developed and implemented new physical training and improved teh distribution platoon personnel APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) scores by 16%.