- Efficient in using version control systems like GIT.
- Focus on sustainable web architecture using ROR application framework and Ruby Language
- Experience in MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQLite and other relational databases and familiar with NoSQL Databases like Mongo DB
- Sound Understanding and good Experience with Object Oriented Programming Concepts in Ruby and Java
- Good knowledge with open source technologies and Agile software development
- Proficient in MVC (Model-View-Controller) architectures using Rails, Struts, Spring framework and Hibernate
- Experience in various stages of software development lifecycle which includes requirements, analysis, design, development and testing of application for business outputs
- Experience in agile software development- a framework that delivers customer collaboration and interaction with processes and tools.
- Experience using Git, GitHub, and Amazon Web Services EC2 and deployment using Heroku
- Experience in Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development methodologies for consulting firms and enterprise projects
- Experience in deploying of applications in WEBrick and Apache Tomcat Server
- Excellent proficiency in Tomcat, Apache and IIS web servers
- Exceptional abilities in using source code analysis tools, automated build process and unit testing
- Extensive experience in interaction with client and functional people for gathering the business requirements and functional specifications
- Excellent communication skills, Good organizational and interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, Self-motivated, hardworking, ability to work independently or cooperatively in a team, eager to learn, ability to adapt based on the demands of work
- Exceptional ability to quickly learn new concepts and new technologies and master them to apply and enhance the outcome of my work and the projects involved
Operating Systems: Ubuntu 14.x,13.x,12.x; Oracle Enterprise Linux 7,6,5; Red Hat Linux 6.x, 5.x, 4.x; Windows XP/7/8/10; MS SQL Server 2005 & 2000
Database Management: Oracle 12c/11gR2/10gR2/9i, DB2, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, MS Access
Database Administration: Oracle 11g/10g Database Administration, Oracle RAC & ASM Administration and Installation; Data Security, Backup and Recovery; SQL Skills
Languages: Ruby, C, C++, Java, C#, HTML, HTML5, Java Scripting, Ruby on Rails, MVC, XML, SQL, Pl/SQL
Web Design: HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3, JSP, XHTML, Boot Strap, UML, Ajax
Applications and Servers: MS Office 2007/10 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), MS Project, Adobe Photoshop, Eclipse, NetBeans, RubyMine, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Webrick, Phusion passenger
Deployment Tools and Test Framewoks: Amazon EC2, Heroku; Junit, Rational Functional Testing
Personal Skills: Good analytical skills and problem solving, attention to detail, goal oriented
Core Competencies: Communication Skills, Information Collection and Management, Organizing and Planning skills, Problem solving, creativity and initiative.
- Application called Pay By Points (PBP) was developed with using Ruby and Rails.
- Involved in designing and coding of the application which includes Content Management, Account Maintenance and Site Administration.
- UI was developed with Bootstrap, JavaScipt and CSS for better portrayal.
- RESTful API’s were used for integration of data and for faster end product.
- Integration of partner data done in JSON and YAML technologies.
- Wrote rake tasks for data migrations and email reports internally and to customers.
- Used Ajax for Asynchronous communication between client and server.
- Responsible for deployment of the Application in production and any post deployment issues and conflicts.
- Used SQLite3 database and wrote optimized queries related to it.
- Used RSpec and Cucumber to create test driven development (TDD). Experience with RVM, Bundler, GEMS and libraries for versions of ruby2.1.8 and rails4.1.0.
- Used Git for version control.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Sr. ROR/ UI Developer
- Designed and developed the web applications and interface using Ruby, Rails, and AJAX
- Tested the existing Log-in plugins with different authentication levels and implemented Authentication Logic with Cancan gem.
- Implemented and enhanced CRUD operations for the applications using the MVC (Model View Controller) architecture of Rails framework and Ruby conducting code reviews
- Developed and implemented flagship e-commerce platform using Ruby on Rails and MongoDB
- Experience in implementing Rails Migrations and Active Record, Action Pack, Action Mailer.
- Used RSpec to create test driven development (TDD). Experience with all of the GEMS and libraries for this version of the ruby/rails.
- Worked on the logs page for management to analyze data.
- Used RESTful API to gather sales related data for products.
- Employed Test Driven Development using Rspec and Behavior Driven Development using cucumber.
- Collaborated with front-end team to build innovative and responsive website design.
- Worked intensely with tech leads to debug and solve crucial back-end tasks and ruby scripting for deployment and provision CI.
- Integrated with third-party APIs including email providers, payment processors, and social media.
- Involved in Testing, maintaining high standards of codes and in review and code optimization.
- Used highly optimized JQuery and AJAX to manipulate JSON data and display them on the web page with the expectation of peak day traffic during holidays.
- Experience in deploying of applications in WEBrick and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Extensively involved in bug fixing, code refactoring and peer-reviews.
- Giving maintenance to the solution components for other projects
Ruby on Rails Developer
- Implemented application using Ruby and basic MVC architecture.
- Developed stored procedures compatible with MySQL supportive in Ruby.
- Implemented productive and efficient search and filters for bulk data.
- Analyzed and improved application efficiency by optimizing queries even for bulk data.
- Implemented efficient UI and client-side features using JQuery, AJAX.
- Worked on Ruby on Rails 3.1, Ruby 1.9.1 and Rspec
- Used Amazon Web Services (AWS) for improved efficiency of storage and fast access.
- Used Capistrano for web application deployment.
- Experience in Ruby on Rails 3.1, Ruby 1.9.1 and Rspec, Git, Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns.
- Worked on NoSQL databases: Redis, MongoDB.
- Configured server-side to secure sensitive data using https/SSL.
- Used RSpec and Cucumber to create test driven development (TDD)
- Experience with all of the RVM, Bundler, GEMS and libraries for this version of the ruby/rails.
- Managing code versioning with Github.
- Implemented and enhanced CRUD operations for the applications using the MVC (Model ViewController) architecture.
- Extensively involved in bug fixing, code refactoring and peer-reviews.
- Involved in developing and implementation of the Back end web application using Ruby on Rails.
- Used Restful API to gather sales related data for products
- Involved in software development life cycle (SDLC) of the tracking systems Requirements gathering, Analysis, Detail Design, Development, System Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Developed user Interface using JSP and HTML.
- Preparing test cases and technical specification documentation.
- Involved in Bug Fixing and Production Support Maintenance
- Involved in writing JSP and SQL/PLSQL to handle transactions.
- Documented the defects using Quality Center and tracked them to completion by communicating and co-coordinating with the development as well as the support group
- Developed Session Bean to process requests from the user interface
- Used Maven 2 and 3 for project builds.
- Used JSON strings to transfer java object data
Environment: Java1.4, J2EE 1.4, Java Script., Eclipse, MySQL, JSP, Servlet, Spring, Application Server.