- Having 8 years of IT experience as Cloud Engineer, Build & Release Engineer, Linux Administrator, Systems Engineer in SCM, Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment/Delivery as an iterative process and Automation of infrastructure including end - to-end code configuration using different tools, and cloud Platforms like AWS, Azure.
- Experience in Architecting and Implementing Azure Service Offering, such as Azure cloud services, Azure storage, IIS, Azure active directory, Azure resource management, Azure VM, Blob Storage, SQL Database, Azure Files and Azure Functions, Azure service bus and experience in Azure Availability and Scalability - Configured VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IAAS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Experience in working with AzureIaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling. And Migrated existing Active Directory and Exchanged users to Microsoft Azure AD using Azure AD Connect, Active Directory Federation Service and DirSync tools.
- Hands-on experience on AzureSite Recovery andAzureBackup- Installed and Configured theAzureBackup agent and virtual machine backup, EnabledAzureVirtual machine backup from the vault and configured the ASR.
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2, ELASTIC BEAN STACK (EBS), S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic ache, Cloud Watch, SNS, AWS Import / Export.
- Worked on AWS DevOps tools like AWS Code-Pipeline to build a continuous integration or continuous delivery workflow using AWS Code-Build, AWS Code-Deploy, and worked with many other AWS tools to Build and deploy a microservices architecture using ECS.
- Expertise in writing AWS Cloud Formation templates in JSON to use them as blueprints for building & deploying multiple AWS resources. Worked on Kinesis Data Streams & Kinesis Firehouse & integrated with AWS Lambda for serverless data collection.
- Experience in working on a single node and multi-node OpenStack cloud platform, Virtualization, NFV and was one of the top contributors for Zaqar, a service part of OpenStack cloud software and Built the OpenStack cloud platform components like Nova-Compute, Neutron-Networking, Swift-Object Storage, Glance- Image Service, Cinder-Block Storage, Horizon Dashboard and Keystone-Identity Service and so forth.
- Experience in deploying the Spring Boot Microservices to Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) using build pack and Jenkins for continuous integration, Deployments in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and binding of Services in Cloud and Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on Azure to manage the containers created by PCF.
- Expertise in using Terraform key features, such as Infrastructure as a code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation and extensively used Auto scaling launch configuration templates for launching cloud instances while deploying microservices.
- Expertise in delivering Agile projects from end to end Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline by integration of tools like Jenkins, Chef and AWS for VM provisioning. Integrated Jenkins with Docker container using Cloud bees Docker pipeline plugin and provisioned the EC2 instance using Amazon EC2 plugin.
- Experience in working on several Docker components such as Docker Engine, Machine, Creating Docker Images, Compose, Docker Hub and handling multiple images for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Experience in creating network policies for Docker containers using Docker Weave. Worked on container orchestration tools, such as Docker swarm, Mesos, and Kubernetes. Used Kubernetes to automate the deployment, scaling and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Experience in using Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manage change by writing Python code by using Ansible Python API to automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Experience in developing and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Food critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Hands-on experience in version control tools like Subversion, TFS, GIT, Bit bucket, CVS, Perforce Version wherein experienced with tagging, branching on platforms like Linux/Windows and used Source code management client tools like, GIT Bash, GitHub, GIT-GUI and other CLI applications etc.
- Expertise in Working with web servers such as Apache HTTP server, NGINX, Apache TOMCAT, application servers such as Oracle WebLogic 9.x/10.x, IBM WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, JBoss 4.1
- Experience in setting up and managing ELK (Elastic Search, Log Stash & Kibana) Stack to collect, search and analyze logfiles across servers, log monitoring and created geo-mapping visualizations using Kibana in integration with AWS CloudWatch and Lambda.
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools like AppDynamics for monitoring JAVA, .NET, PHP applications along with NewRelic for monitoring performance like browser and for tracking issues in SQL statements.
- Experience in working with monitoring tools like Nagios, Dynatrace, Datadog and Zabbix to monitor thousands of metrics collected from servers and virtual machines.
Cloud Environments: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, OpenStack, PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
Deployment or orchestration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Ansible Tower, Terraform, CloudFormation
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker swarm, Docker weave, OpenShift
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, SVN, TFS, VSTS
Scripting languages: Python, Ruby, Bash shell, Power shell, JSON
Database: AWS RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL, MS SQL SERVER 2008/12
Application Servers: Oracle Web Logic (8/9/10), IBM Web Sphere (4/5), JBOSS
Web Servers: Apache HTTP 2.x, 3.x, Nginx, IIS, Apache Tomcat
Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, ICMP, SMTP, DHCP, UDP
IDE TOOLS: ECLIPSE IDE, Visual studio, NetBeans
Monitoring/logging tools: Nagios XI, Zabbix, AppDynamics, Splunk, SumoLogic, Cloud Watch, ELK, NewRelic
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7), Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT 2000/2003
Virtualization: VMWare ESX/ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Virtual box, Vagrant
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Chevy Chase, Md
- Configured and deployed Azure Automation Scripts for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure stack for Compute, Web and Mobile, Blobs, Resource Groups, Azure Data Lake, HDInsight Clusters, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM Services and utilities focusing on Automation.
- Administering Active Directory and User & Group administration. Allotting disk quotas, administering Disks with Basic & Dynamic volumes. And backup and restoring data from tape. Provisioned Azure resources like SQL Database, Web App, Storage Account, Redis Cache, Virtual Machine, and HDInsight using Azure Resource Manager (ARM).
- Performed provisioning of IAAS, PAAS Virtual Machines and Web, Worker roles on Microsoft AZURE Classic and Azure Resource Manager. Deployed Web applications on Azure using PowerShell Workflow.
- Extensive experience in Windows Azure (IaaS) migrating like creating Azure VMs, storage accounts and storage pools, migrating on premise servers to Azure and creating availability sets.
- Hands on Experience in designing and implementing Service Oriented Architecture underlined with Ingress and Egress using Azure Data Lake Store & Azure Data Factory by adding blobs to lakes for analytic results and so pull data from Azure data lake to the Blobs.
- Deployed, and operated OpenStack and SDN based IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS service platform network in multiple datacenters and Deployed a various version of OpenStack like Icehouse, Kilo, Newton in Datacenter on multitrack with High Availability.
- Developed custom OpenShift templates to deploy the applications and to create the OpenShift objects build, deployment configs, services, routes, and persistent volumes.
- Configure continuous integration from source control, setting up build definition within Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and configure continuous delivery to automate the deployment of ASP.NET MVC applications to Azure web apps.
- Created, Configured and managed a cluster of VMs that are preconfigured to run containerized applications using Azure Container services and also Designed and integrated pivotal cloud foundry on Microsoft Azure. Deployed PCF using CF push and urban code deploy.
- Worked on integrating Ansible Tower with cloud environment, provided role-based access control, setup job monitoring, email notifications, Scheduled jobs, multi-playbook workflow to chain playbooks.
- Worked with creating Chef Knife, Recipes and Cookbooks to maintain chef servers, its roles and cloud resources and deploying a server using wrapper cookbook and managing them using berkshelf. Enforcing Test Driven Development (TDD) approach for writing Chef Cookbook using Test-kitchen, Vagrant, FoodCritic and ChefSpec.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file worked on Docker container snapshots, managed Docker volume and implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model
- Hands-on in using OpenShift for container orchestration with Kubernetes, container storage, automation, to enhance container platform multi-tenancy. Experience with PCF, OpenShift, Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues and multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale applications.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Bamboo by installing, configuring and maintaining the purpose of CI and End-to-End automation for all build and deployments implementing CI/CD for the database using Jenkins. Used Jenkins API to query the Jenkins server state and change configuration and automate jobs on nodes.
- Performed in writing Selenium WebDriver automation scripts in JAVA using Maven, Cucumber, and TestNG Automation Testing for Web Applications and maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Used GIT as source code management tool, created local repo, cloned the repo and performed add, commit, push, stash, branching, created tags operations.Defined branching, labeling and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
- Developed Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process for deploying the web services and created Bash, shell and python scripts for various Systems Administration tasks to automate repeated processes.
- Work on ELK for server monitoring, also used Net Scalar and monitoring tools like Nagios for Load Balancing and Controlling Flow of Traffic.
- Experience in working Splunk to analyze & visualize large volumes of log data obtained from servers. Worked in the agile environment of JIRA refactoring existing components & widgets to keep in sync with the emerging trends of AEM.
- Identifying opportunities to improve infrastructure that effectively and efficiently utilizes Office 365 and the Microsoft Azure Windows server 2008/2012/R2, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell, Cloud infrastructure.
- Installed and configured Oracle Web Logic, JBoss in Redhat Enterprise 6.x, 5.x, CentOS 5.x and Ubuntu environments and supported Apache, Tomcat and generated SSL keys to renew SSL certificates on webservers.
Environment: Azure, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, ARM Services, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, OpenStack, OpenShift, VSTS, ASP.NET, Kubernetes, GIT, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, ELK, JIRA, Java, Python, Shell Scripting, Windows server 2008/2012/R2, Troubleshooting.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Automated provisioning of infrastructure for our environments building AWS CloudFormation stacks from the resources VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, IAM, EBS, Route53, SNS, SES, SQS, CloudWatch, Security Group, Auto Scaling.
- Worked on databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket to ensure fault tolerance and high availability and Configure and deploy several hypervisors and VMs running OpenStack for testing and production environments.
- Migrate on premise database to AWS Cloud and also designed, built, and deployed a multitude application utilizing the AWS stack (Including EC2, R53, S3, RDS, SNS, and IAM), by focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling with Scripts.
- Hands-on experience in migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services VPC utilizing AWS CloudFormation, EC2, S3, Chef/OpsWorks, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, EBS, Route 53, IAM etc. This included migrating a number of production MySQL databases into RDS/ Elastic cache, rewriting a large set of monolithic recipe-based cookbooks as Provider and Attribute-driven wrapper cookbooks.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5 & 6.0 and migrated the existing servers into the VMware Infrastructure and Managed data stores and vcenters with VMware Installation and ESX hosts configuration and Worked on migrating VMware to AWS using snowball and VM import/export
- Experience in building and configuring a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Servicescloudto support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual PrivateCloud(VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Experience with PCF for storing and managing Application code packages & Build packs and used PCF CLI for deploying applications and other CF management activities. Expertise in building PrivateCloudInfrastructure of OpenStack and deployed Nagios to monitor and alert the health checks for Nova, Neutron, Keystone, Swift, Glance.
- Worked with AWS Cloud Formation Templates, terraform along with Ansible to render templates and Murano with Heat Orchestration templates in OpenStack Environment.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Created Ansible roles in YAML and defined tasks, variables, files, handlers and templates. Created inventory and configured theAnsiblefiles for parallel deployment inAnsiblefor automating the Continuous delivery process.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for installing Software and managing system configurations AWS EC2 instances. Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server Involved in designing highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Deployed and configured Chef and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning, creating roles and data bags for server configuration.
- Created Docker Swarm using Docker CLI to Orchestrate, Schedule and deploy the services to Swarm and managed the Swarm behavior. Created Docker file for each microservice and also changed some of the Tomcat configuration file which are required to deploy Java based application to the Docker container.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven as build tools and Jenkins as automation tool to move from one environment to other environments. CreatedJenkinspipeline jobs using Groovy Jenkins file.
- Experience in managing the repository manager like Nexus for the Maven builds. Integrated Maven with Jenkins by which the Surefire test reports and Javadoc produced by Maven are captured and to build parallel modules.
- Integrated GitHub with Jenkins and schedule cron jobs periodically using poll scm. Wrote CI/CD pipeline in Groovy scripts to enable automation of build & deployment using Jenkins.
- Automation of daily tasks using shell scripting. Troubleshooting issues with Linux based web servers, as well as websites coded in PHP, HTML and worked with variousPythonIntegrated Development Environments like PyCharm, PyScripter, Spyder, PyStudio, PyDev, NetBeans and Sublime Text.
- Involved in setting up theSplunkfor creating dashboards, alerts and to monitor front end and middle ware applications and Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Experience in setting up and managing ELK (Elastic Search, Log Stash & Kibana) Stack to collect, search and analyze logfiles across servers, log monitoring and created geo-mapping visualizations using Kibana in integration with AWS CloudWatch and Lambda. Evaluated system logs using ELK software stack.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB & Cassandra.
Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Route 53, EC2, S3 Bucket, RDS, AWS Lambda, Terraform, Openstack, Ansible, Chef, Docker Swarm, Maven, Bash, python, Shell Scripting, PHP, Linux, ELK, NetBeans, SublimeText, Java, MongoDB, Cassandra, Troubleshooting.
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
- Managed Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tool such as Chef. Designing cloud hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Created IAM policies for administration in AWS to assist type applications and teams across local geographical and remote areas. Transfer data from Datacenter’s to cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Provided POC's to provision the AWS infrastructure using Ansible playbooks which includes checking the health status, monitoring and gathering facts about the ec2-instances, elastic load balancers, auto scaling groups and other AWS resources.
- Hands-on experience with AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups. Deployed Elasticsearch with 10 nodes cluster in AWS environment for client applications.
- Experience in Installing and configuring Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution and Created inventory and managed results in Jenkins Dashboard view using Plugin Dashboard View and also added Sonar Dashboard view into Jenkins. Created continuous integration system using Ant, Jenkins, Puppet full automation, Python Continuous Integration, for faster and flawless deployments.
- Created Ansible roles in YAML and defined tasks, variables, files, handlers and templates. configured the Ansible files for parallel deployment in Ansible for automating the Continuous delivery process and usedAnsiblefor configuring and managing multi-node configuration management over SSH and PowerShell.
- Developed puppet manifest and modules for installation, configuration, Deployment at individual component level and used custom puppet modules for apache2, tomcat, mongo dB, gained knowledge on using puppet as efficiently as possible.
- Experience in using MAVEN as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code and Used MAVEN on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Developed Shell Scripts and Ruby for automation of the build and release process. Developed custom solutions in C# and PowerShell to validate availability, consistency, and compliance with environments
- Implemented the use ofNagiostool and keynote for monitoring and analyzing the network loads on the individual machines by enforcing customNagiosmonitoring, notifications and dashboard to exhibit various metrics using Shell Scripting and add-ons.
- DevelopedPythonScripts to automate various system tasks, OS patches for dev environments, and deployment of applications to testing/prod environments usingPythonOS modules.
Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ansible, Puppet, Chef, SSH, PowerShell, Apache2, Tomcat, MongoDB, VPC, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Java, Sonar, Nagios, Python Scripting, Shell Scripting, Linux.
Build and Release Engineer
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Installed and configured Linux/Unix/Windows-based web/App servers like Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic and WebSphere for Application deployments.
- Experience in maintaining and tracking inventory using Bamboo and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention. Created and configure jobs, script builder, custom command builder, agents in Bamboo
- Hands-on experience in Maintaining and enhance existing PUPPET modules to be deployed across various providers and deployment architectures.
- Developed build scripts using ANT and Migrated to MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of the build artifacts like war or ear files and used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems and SCM Tools like SVN, GIT and also Imported and managed multiple corporate applications in Subversion (SVN).
- Performed administrative activities such as site creations, creating and managing user's permissions, backup and restore SharePoint sites.
- UsedSplunkto monitor the system logs as well as notify the incident management system upon exceeding thresholds.
- Hands-on experience in Writing Python, Bash and Ruby scripts to perform deploys dynamic content to Tomcat Webserver and WebSphere App Servers, shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Extensive experience in Creating, deploying and managing Linux and windows VM using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager, which includes moving and migrating VM from one cluster to another cluster or within the same cluster.
Environment: Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Bamboo, Puppet, Puppet DB, Ant, Maven, Java, SVN, Git, Subversion, Splunk, Nagios, Shell Scripting, Python Scripting, Bash, Perl, Linux, windows, Virtualization Manager, Kickstart.
- Responsible for optimal working of servers, which included not only troubleshooting when situation demanded, to improve performance of servers and backup using custom shell scripts and software like BackupPC and manage disaster recovery.
- Configuration, troubleshooting and resolving all network issues for clients related to IP Addressing, Routes, Firewall, DNS.
- Troubleshooting, capacity and performance planning, performance tuning, server hardening and user administration as per the laid down change management process.
- Experience in Installation and configuration of CM related software in UNIX and Windows environments, using UNIX commands and Windows Navigation and worked on Creating build environment on all flavours of Linux operating system (Kernels and system RPMS).
- Configuration of NIS based name servers on RHEL and SuSe Linux for the management of name space.
- Experience in network infrastructure: Configuration, installation, maintenance, upgrades, performance monitoring for hardware and software, and change management for switches, routers, firewalls.
- Manage related corn job and monitor the server's performance via Zabbix Nagios and experience in adding/expanding new storage to existing/new systems using LVM, Veritas Volume management VxVM and VxFS onLinux.
- Experience in installation and configuring H3C comware switches, OS deployment using RHEL/CentOS Kickstart Ubuntu Preseed files. Worked on OS deployment on HP ProLiant Moonshot Server cartridges.
Environment: Shell Scripting, IP Addressing, Routes, Firewall, DNS, Windows, Unix, RHEL, SuSe, NIS, Cron Job, Zabbix Nagios, HTTP, SSH, Telnet, FTP, RSH, Kickstart.
- Creating new users, resetting user passwords, lock/unlock user accounts monitor servers
- security/performance monitor on Linux platform, and maintain, troubleshooting and support user and system applications.
- Experience in developing, administer, and support the company's Linux systems, Windows systems, and VMWare, creating and enhancing specialized systems and applications that are efficient, effective, and secure
- Experienced with the installation, configuration and volume/File system management using Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
- Hands-on experience in testing and upgrading production, development and test Linux servers and responsible for reviewing all open tickets, resolve and close any existing tickets in JIRA.
- Extensively involved in the configuration of remote access systems through SSH, and managed system security via TCP Wrappers.
- Build and Installed PXE boot server, DHCP server, Kickstart and XCAT server to automatically load OS on test machines in the LAB environment.
- Administration of UNIX servers like AIX and Sun Solaris in both test and production environment and applied patches. Created and modified user, groups with SUDO permission.
- Network troubleshooting using 'traceroute', 'netstat', 'ifconfig' and Monitored server and application performance & tuning via various stat commands like vmstat, nfsstat, iostat etc. and tuned I/O, memory, etc.
- Enhanced the monitoring and issues resolution process for several data centers by deploying and configuring Nagios to monitor all of the critical infrastructure and automate the upgrade and issue resolution processes.
Environment: Linux, Troubleshooting, LVM, VMWare, Jira, SSH, TCP Wrappers, PXE boot Server, DHCP Server, Kickstart, Sun Solaris, ESX, Shell Scripts, Traceroute, netstat, Nagios.