- To obtain a full - time employment position where I can utilize over seven years of consulting and nine years of team leadership design/architecture experience in the development of new and ever-improving software.
Lead Java developer/Technical Lead/Application Owner
- Technical lead for an agile team of developers, BAs, Product Owner, UX. Managed day-to-day technical work for 2 developers reporting directly to me.
- Trained and oversaw development of multiple new hires. Functioned as code-reviewer for junior developers and managed all pull requests and GitHub code process tasks.
- Applications Owner for 5/3rd's Alerts Engine responsible for 24/7 support and expertise on a portfolio of over 25 alerts sending over 1 million notifications a day to bank customers.
- Enhanced troubleshooting and logging on the Alerts Engine platform, enabling developers to easily troubleshoot production issues and significantly decreased customer complaints regarding alerts.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and enhancement of client and services code for roughly 85% of the mobile banking and online banking platforms.
- Responsible for interfacing with all third party vendors on a technical level, designing service contracts between vendors and the bank.
- Responsible for design, architecture, and implementation of enhancements and data exchanged between multiple departments, services and applications.
- Received two promotions during tenure and never received a negative review from my superiors.
- Migrated from a waterfall to agile development methodology.
Senior Flex/Java developer/Tech Lead/Release Manager
- Managed offshore team of 10 BA’s/Developers/QA resources for software delivery.
- Assisted in Level 3 support for Flex/Java issues of various natures.
- Developed best practice models for Flex/Java integration that offshore resources would follow.
- Worked as a senior developer, delivering quality, tested code into production on three customer facing applications.
- Managed release schedule, lifecycle, and deliverables for 3 software products.
- Delivery technologies/frameworks included; spring, hibernate, junit, maven, ant, oracle, eclipe, flex, flexunit, asdoc, mate, cairngorm.
Flex best practices trainer
- Conducted four training classes for Sogeti training over 30 consultants in Adobe Flex.
- Assisted in sales wins of several flex/Java placements for over one million in revenue.
- Traveled to Mumbai, India to conduct a training class of 20 offshore resources in Flex development practices.
- Functioned as a counselor (Manager) responsible for conducting reviews/interviewing of candidates, training of new resources/employees.
- Received promotion from Senior Consultant to Managing Consultant.
Senior Java Systems Architect/Analyst
- Day to day management of five developer resources as well as managed coordination with the project team/business analysts.
- Received promotion from Lead Developer to Systems Architect.
- Responsible for all systems architecture design and documentation including:
- UML Diagrams.
- Class Diagrams.
- Hardware architecture.
- Network documentation.
- Enterprise Architect project management
- Project plan management.
- Systems Use Cases
- System Class Use Cases.
- Systems Test Cases.
- Unit Test Case documentation.
- Responsible for “Cradle to Grave” design/development/implementation of four different systems:
- Soap Web Services Mailbox for data exchange with external systems.
- Web-application front end for user management of mailbox.
- Messaging framework for pulling/posting messages to and from the mailbox and managing the transaction receipts.
- IFS BizApi custom development. Customization of the IFS supply chain JMS messaging apis for processing of various supply chain tasks.
- Trained 3 developers in Flex Best Practices development using Adobe Flex with Java/Hibernate/Spring backend resources.
- Lead development effort of three flex developers to complete the Realize MySuccess application allowing gastric band patients to track their weight loss progress after surgery.
- Managed a team of ten offshore java developers responsible for developing the backend spring/hibernate layer.
- Responsible for all database/class/architecture designs for all developers both Flex and Java.
Flex best practices trainer
- Developed an internal 4-day training program detailing the Cairngorm Methodology, and implementing Flex UIs with Java Spring/Hibernate backend technologies, including slides, workbooks and labs.
- Lead a class of 20 Java developers covering the material, and 4 others in personal and instructor based settings.
- Developed a Rich Flex internal application to manage candidates for positions within Cardinal.
- Participated in Cardinal’s Java Academy developing skills in various core Java technologies.