- A Senior Sun Certified Java Developer with over eight years of extensive IT experience in enterprise application development, analysis and design Utilized quality tools, third party libraries, various software methodologies and processes to assist various clients across multiple industry verticals. Expert in complex multitier application verification at all levels including functional, integration, user acceptance and load testing utilizing quality industry frameworks and tool sets. Extensive experience with core J2EE technologies like JSP, EJB and Java beans. Hands on Experience with Java networking, SOAP, RMI, Web Services and object serialization.
- Working Experience with Java services like JDBC, JAAS, JNDI and JTA. Extended experience in designing of large J2EE based time sensitive applications using established OOAD principles, SOA, concurrent programming, open frameworks and design patterns. Expert in detailed design UML documentation utilizing software packages like Rational Rose and Enterprise Architect.
- Hands on experience with software development methodologies like RUP, Extreme Programming and AOP. Expert level Familiarity with all aspects of software projects including Business Requirements, Technical Architecture, Design Specifications, Development and Deployment. Extensive experience with frameworks like Apache Struts, JSF, Ajax, Spring, Hibernate, Java Collections Framework and log4j. Extended experience with Spring Transactions, Spring AOP, Spring IOC and Dependency Injection.
Senior Java Developer
Confidential - Raleigh, NC
- As a senior Java EE Developer I fulfilled following responsibilities: Designed and Developed complex exam results import and processing system after integrating and utilizing MVC framework.
- Utilized Apache Velocity for handling population of generic email templates with the appropriate business data.
- Scalable Design and Development of Survey Component for secure online testing application administrators using XML to Java Object Configuration with Jakarta Digester, Ajax, Struts display tag and apache tiles that includes modifying exam delivery engine for survey presentation.
- Involved into analysis and design phase. Participated into discussion meetings (Scrum meetings) about the business requirements.
- Involved in the development of Presentation layer using JSP, HTML, CSS and used Spring framework
- Worked in implementation of MVC design paradigm of Spring framework, object- relational mapping(ORM) using Hibernate and Oracle database at the back end
- Involved in injecting dependencies into code using concepts like IoC of Spring Framework
- Configured Spring ORM that provides simplified templates for accessing databases through ORM technologies, such as Hibernate in our case to access the database
- Involved in development of presentation layer using Spring framework, and MVC design paradigm
- Developed Web Services using SOAP, WSDL and JAX-WS programming model
- Developed Session Beans and entity beans to implement the business logic and deployed into server
- Used WS-Security for providing security within SOAP messages
- Worked on Spring DAO, Spring MVC and Spring AOP Interceptors in Logging and Auditing
- Developed Data Access Objects (DAO), Session Facade, Service Locator, Business Delegate and Value Object patterns.
- Used Hibernate for object-relational mapping and for database operations in Oracle database.
- Hibernate which was integrated with Spring framework helped mapping Java classes to database tables using XML files and without writing any line of code
- Used SVN to check-in and check-out and co-ordinate among team members for Version Controlling
- Used Spring JMS template for the asynchronous exchange of critical business data and events among J2EE components and legacy system
- Performed unit testing using JUnit
- Followed a RUP process for software development.
- Worked in Agile work environment.
Senior Java EE Developer
Confidential - Raleigh, NC
- Working in a fully Agile environment on rewriting and maintaining several applications of Nationwide.
- Actively participated in framework design analysis for upgrade of applications from Struts to Spring framework also implemented Hibernate Caching for effective performance improvement.
- Developed several SOAP webservice client and services making Java messaging Service MQueue calls. Also used Jibx for binding request and response of JMS to XML and used JaxB to Marshall and Unmarshall these requests and responses.
- Developed several view Modals using Grails Gsp's and Angular JS simultaneously interacting with Spring controllers.
- Implemented nested views and routing using AngularUI Router as per the requirement. GUI was developed using JSP, HTML, and AngularJS and created reusable components in AngularJS using Custom Directives Filters, Services and Partials.
- Developed pages using AngularJS directives, expressions, routing capabilities for bookmarking, filters, validations and AngularUI components such as grid, buttons, carousels, date pickers, modal dialogs and other input components.
- Involved in developing code for obtaining bean references in spring framework using Dependency Injection / Inversion of Control (IOC), and Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) on SpringSource Tool Suite.
- Created the Spring Bean Factory for initializing services. Added security for service layer methods using Spring Security.
- Integrated Single sign on sing LDAP and Active directory on Spring security layer, successfully maintained users and groups integrity in the application.
- Created and injected Spring services, Spring controllers and DAOs to achieve dependency injection and to wire objects of business classes.
- Data Operations are performed using Spring ORM wiring with Hibernate and implemented Hibernate template and criteria API for Querying database.
- Actively participated in Production support, solving several production issues and also have experience in participating in critical situation meetings to help solve critical production issues.
- Created various unit test cases and integration tests for the Services and Controller components using jUnit as part of code improvement.
- Configured Jenkins Server using ANT and SonarQube to implement code checkstyle review while building to the server's, also configured Jenkins to run the Junit test cases.
- Participated in production releases and validations during release nights.
- Configured Websphere 8.5 Continuous Integration Servers to implement automatic building of code to SVN repository.
- Wrote several Stored Procedure calls and triggers to DB2 database and implemented these using Hibernate and GORM.
- Developed server-side software modules and client-side user interface components deployed entirely in Compute Cloud of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Worked with Java libraries to access AWS facilities as Simple Storage Service (S3), Simple Queue Service (SQS) and SimpleDB.
- Developed unit test cases using Jasmine and Karma as unit test runner for various application modules.
- Detailed Design and investigation of the existing system so that new project fits together with the already existing modules with maximum reuse of the available functionality.
- Documentation of the detailed design artifacts that include use cases, sequence diagrams, component diagrams, deployment diagrams, class diagrams and object diagrams utilizing Enterprise Architect.
- Close coordination with the business analyst to make sure the implementation design fully conform to the user requirements.
- Installation and setup of Hibernate tools to generate mapping and POJOs from database schema.
Environment: Java 1.6, Websphere 8.5/8.0, Jenkins, Grails, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, Junit, SonarQube, Ant, SVN, Ajax, Angular-js, JMS, Jibx, Jaxb, Caching.
Confidential - Chicago, IL
- As a Java Engineer, was responsible for the following: Collaborated with the client about the detailed design documentation from the functional specifications that includes the employed technologies to clearly identify the user requirements from the functional specifications provided by them.
- Involved in doing AGILE (SCRUM) practices and planning of sprint attending daily agile (SCRUM) meetings and SPRINT retrospective meetings to produce quality deliverables within time.
- Implement modules into Node JS to integrate with designs and requirements
- Used Ajax for sending and retrieving data from server by giving URL to get JSON data for models and to populate models from the server.
- Called Rest web services through AngularJS services to get JSON Object and modified the response object to display in UI.
- Called the RESTful web services to get the JSON object (Response) and manipulated the JSON Object to display the response in the webpage.
- Used AngularJS to create views to hook up models to the DOM and synchronize data with server as a Single Page Application.
- Created and injected spring services, springcontrollers and DAOs to achieve dependency injection and to wire objects of business classes.
- Implemented SOA to develop REST Based Web services using Apache Axis.
- Developed the application by implementing MVC Architecture by integrating Hibernate and spring frameworks
- Modified the Spring Controllers and Services classes so as to support the introduction of spring framework.
- Used Hibernate framework for back end development and Spring dependency injection for middle layer development
- Configured local Maven repositories and multi-component Ant projects with Git repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration
- Implemented multiple high-performance MongoDB replica set
- Consulted with the operations team on deploying, migrating data, monitoring, analyzing, and tuning MongoDB applications
- Worked closely with QA team and fixed QA bugs as well as production issues with a quick turnaround time.
- Integrated EHCache as hibernate second level cache to enhance the application response time.
- Designed and developed the GUI employing JAVA EE based struts framework, tiles and flash.
- Employed JMS for handling communication between different heterogeneous systems and processing of events generated during the process.
- IBM's websphere MQ was used as the messaging platform.
- Built the persistence lay.
Confidential - Decatur, IL
- Involved in the analysis, design, and development and testing phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and used agile methodologies for Software Development.
- Designed Use case diagrams, Class diagrams and Sequence diagrams using UML.
- Used the DAO Pattern, facilitated the integration deployment of DAO, Servlets, JSP and XML.
- Implemented AJAX for asynchronous communication with server.
- Deployed the application on to Web Sphere application server
- Implemented SOA architecture with web services using SOAP, WSDL, UDDI and XML.
- Used Maven to define the dependencies / plugins and build the application.
- Used JSON for storing and exchanging test information, as it is smaller and easier to parse compared to XML.
- Integrated usage of CRUD operations, performed Inner/Outer joins, used stored procedures, stored functions and cursors using Oracle PL/SQL.
- Used IBM RAD as IDE for the application development and integration of the frameworks
- Written JUnit Test cases while performing unit testing.
- Worked with QA team for testing and resolve defects.
Environment: Java1.6, JSP, Servlets, XML, HTML, CSS, RAD, AJAX, JSON, jQuery, Web Sphere Application Server, JDBC, SOA, Rest Web Services, Maven, JUnit, Oracle 10g.
Sr. Java/J2ee Developer
Confidential - Newark, NJ
- Involved in designing the user interfaces using JSP.
- Followed SpringMVC framework to develop the application for the project
- Implemented spring for cross cutting concerns and IOC pattern.
- Used Spring ORM to integrate Spring Framework with Hibernate.
- Implemented Business processes like authentication, transfer of service using Session EJB's
- Experienced in developing SOAP-based Web Services and Web Service Clients (JAX-WS, SOAP, WSDL and JAXB).
- Developed Web services component using XML, WSDL, and SOAP with DOM parser to transfer and transform data between applications.
- Involved in development of REST Web services using Apache Axis2 to extract client related data from databases.
- Used SOAP UI for testing the Web services by sending an SOAP request.
- Used AJAX in the JSP side to retrieve the records dynamically from the database and displayed on the front end, it avoids refreshing of total page.
- Used JMS with WebLogic Application server for reliable and asynchronous exchange of important information.
- Used Log4j for Logging various levels of information like error, info, debug into the log files.
- SVN was used for project management and version management
- Extensively used Akka architecture for scalable multi-threading.
- Used Scala for coding the components in Play and Akka.
- Modified Kernel parameters to improve the server performance in Linux.
- Provided comprehensive Linux Administration in an enterprise environment
- Modify the UNIX and Perl scripts to make them compatible with the Oracle database
- Used Hibernate as persistence framework for DAO layer to access the Oracle10g database.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration process and TestNG for, debugging, and bug fixing
Environment: JDK 1.7, Hibernate 4.2, Spring 4.0, EJB, JSP, Servlets, JMS, XML, SOAP, Jenkins, JDBC, TestNG, HTML, UNIX, LINUX, SVN, log4j, WebLogic Application server, REST, Oracle 10g, Eclipse.