- Over 7 Years of professional experience in all the phases of software development life cycle including analysis, prototyping, design, development, maintenance, implementation, debugging and testing of mobile, desktop and web application software of Client/Server environment.
- Extensive experience in writing applications using Java, J2EE technologies using JDBC, Servlet, JSP, JNDI, EJB, Java Beans, Spring, Struts and Hibernate, web services, SOAP.
- Many years of experience in Managing Software Development life cycle including Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Maintenance and Support of various applications in HTML, Java environment.
- Sound knowledge of OO Programming Concepts and extensive use of OOP such as Encapsulation, Inheritance, Abstraction, and Polymorphism while analyzing and designing an application.
- Designed and developed the application using Struts 2.0, Spring 2.5/3.0/4.0 and Hibernate 2.0 & 3.0 Frameworks.
- Excellent grasp in Core Java, spring 3.0, Hibernate 3.0, JPA, AJAX, Struts 1.3, JSP, Servlet, and JMS (MQ Series).
- Good experience in implementing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using XML based Web Services SOAP.
- Good exposure of Web Services and REST web Services using Apache CXF, Jersey Framework for the exposure and consumption of SOAP Messages and REST web services Messages.
- Expertise in RDBMS, JDBC, Hibernate, Oracle 8i/9i/10g and SQL Server including Stored Procedures.
- Experience in Building, Deploying and Integrating with Ant, Maven.
- Experience in development of logging standards and mechanism based on Log4J.
- Experience in design and development of web - based Applications Using different Application Servers and Web Servers such as Web Logic Server, JBoss Server, JWS and Apache Tomcat.
- Used (TDD) Test Driven Development using JUnit 3.8/4.0 writing automated test scripts for all the components.
- Proficient in Presentation Tier development using JSP, HTML, ASP, PHP, JSTL and Custom Tag Libraries, Apache Struts, and XML.
- Experienced in XSLT and XML parsers, DOM, SAX, and JAXP.
- Consistent team player with excellent communication skills and problem solving skills.
- Worked extensively on client-server projects and Web Applications, especially n-tier (multi-layer) architectures.
- Expertise in Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and MS-Access.
- Strong Experience in development and Implementation of Test plan and Test Cases.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and to deliver outputs in short deadlines in fast-paced work environments with excellent communication, analytical and inter personnel skills.
Programming Languages: Java, SQL, PL/SQL
Design Patterns: MVC, Transfer Objects, Session Façade, Singleton, Front Controller, Dependency Injection, Data Access Objects, Interceptor, Composite, Filter
RDBMS: Oracle 8.x/9.x/10g/11i, DB2, MS SQL Server, Microsoft Access
Application/Web Servers: IBM WebSphere, JBoss, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, Web Services, Glassfish
Web Services: Apache CXF, Apache Axis, SOAP, Jersey, REST Web Services
Development Tools & IDE: Eclipse, STS, NetBeans, Oracle SQL Developer, Toad
Build and Configuration tools: Ant, Maven, TOAD, XML SPY
Frameworks: Struts2, Spring 3.0, Spring 4.0, Hibernate, OAuth 2.0
Version Control Systems: CVS, SVN, JIRA
Testing/Logging tools: Log4j, JUnit, EasyMock, JMock
Operating Systems: Windows 8/7/XP, Unix, Linux
Software Development Methodology: SDLC, Agile-Scrum Implementation
Confidential, Wilkes-Barre, PA
Java/J2EE Application Developer
- Responsible for understanding the business requirement.
- Worked with Business Analyst and helped representing the business domain details in technical specifications.
- Was also actively involved in setting coding standards and writing related documentation.
- Developed the Java Code using Eclipse as IDE.
- Developed JSPs and Servlets to dynamically generate HTML and display the data to the client side.
- Developed application on Struts MVC architecture utilizing Action Classes, Action Forms and validations.
- Tiles were used as an implementation of Composite View pattern.
- Was responsible in implementing various J2EE Design Patterns like Service Locator, Business Delegate, Session Facade and Factory Pattern.
- Code Review & Debugging using Eclipse Debugger.
- Was responsible for developing and deploying the EJB (Session & MDB).
- Configured Queues in WebLogic server where the messages, using JMS API, were published.
- Consumed Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, UDDI) from third party for authorizing payments to/from customers.
- Writing/Manipulating the database queries.
- Build web application using MAVEN as build tool.
- Used CVS for Version control.
- Performed unit testing using JUnit Testing Framework and Log4J to monitor the error log.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Studied existing system. Class diagrams and ER diagrams were used for logical and physical data models.
- Involved in design and development of the application using SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) with Java Web Services / J2EE technologies.
- Designed customizable, configurable application based on MVC design pattern. Java Swing was used for presentation layer.
- Developed EJB Beans, Parsing XML Files.
- Built MVC framework for Web Applications through Struts2, core java, J2EE server side components and Tag libraries.
- Designed and developed reusable Java utility classes for the business logic functionality using services like JDBC and JNDI.
- Involved in developing JSP pages using Struts’ custom tags and Tiles Framework
- Developed Stateless Session beans to implement business logic used by the JSP pages through Servlets Controller for client side view. Used Entity beans for database access.
- Developed JSP as the view, Servlets as Controller and EJBs as model in the Framework.
- Used JDBC for database connectivity to communicate with the back-end Oracle database.
- Involved in the development of Stored Procedures using PL/SQL and Triggers for database updating and for data integrity.
- Extensively used Java Collection framework and Exception handling.
- Wrote build and target files to configure build process using Ant.
- Developed test cases for the regression testing of the functionality using JUNIT.
- Performance testing for Data Access layer using Hibernate.
Environment: JAVA 1.7, JDK, Servlets, JSP, EJB, JavaBeans, JMS, HTML, DHTML, JDBC, JNDI, Oracle 10g, BEA Web logic, Hibernate, Eclipse, SVN, ANT, JUnit, Log4j
Confidential, Herndon, VA.
- Responsible for understanding the client requirements, designing using the class diagram, sequence diagram, implementing using JEE.
- Documented business requirements and functional requirements for the project.
- Involved in writing of JSP pages and HTML for the presentation of data.
- Designed and developed Web Application using Struts MVC.
- Created Action and View classes with beans and integrated them through Strut Config.
- Developed internationalized JSP pages using resource bundles as well as Servlets for the presentation tier and for Action Servlets.
- Extensively used Spring Framework for Business Layer - accessing enterprise services like JNDI, JMS, and Job Scheduling. Also used Spring for transaction management and dependency injection.
- Created Database model, domain objects and DAO’s that interact with the database and store the template related data and events.
- Used JAX-WS and Spring webservices to create and consume SOAP based webservices.
- Developed the Applications with the common JEE Design Patterns (MVC, Front Controller etc).
- Design and Implementation of Many-to-Many relationship between objects which currently only have One-to-One relationships. This is accomplished both between Business Objects as well as on the Database Entities.
- Used Hibernate as an ORM tool for database operations.
- Used SQL for creating, populating, and querying the Oracle database.
- Optimized Java code for better performance.
- Involved in tuning SQL queries which was also used to generate reports as per request of the client.
- Worked in Agile software methodology with Scrum type development.
Environment: Java 1.6, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, Apache MQ, JUnit, JAXB, Oracle 10g, Oracle Coherence, Log4j, Shell Script, Soap UI, TOAD, SQL Developer, Quality Center, Linux, Windows
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Participated in analysis, design, development, and testing phases of the project.
- Worked closely with business management and marketing department to translate business needs into marketing and technical solutions on a daily basis.
- Managed, architecture and designed various marketing strategies involving communication between different platforms.
- Daily support for the ecommerce application on various areas like promotion campaign management, product management and order management.
- Implemented Spring MVC framework.
- Used Hibernate and JPA annotations for Object Relational Mapping
- Used Jboss Enterprise Application Platform as the J2EE application server
- Architectured communication between different programming platforms using SOAP, XML-RPC and web services.
- Third party like living social, Groupon, Ruelala, Adecco integration into the ecommerce site.
- Architecture the ecommerce system and communication between different platforms using spring web services, Hibernate-JPA, SOAP, OFBiz (Open for Business) ecommerce framework.
- Java front-end technology WICKET (AJAX integrated) to rebrand the ecommerce application.
- Worked closely with creative, marketing and web team to implement business needs.
- Involved in IT system optimization by working closely with IT department for multi-request architecture of the servers, build process and support to IT.
- Worked in Agile/Scrum process, pair programming, code reviews, prototyping (wireframes), refactoring, and iterative development.
- Use JIRA as the task and project management tool to assign, track, report and manage bugs on daily basis.
- Implementation of OAuth Framework Authorization for Web Application.
- Code Management and build process-using Ant and SVN.
Environment: JAVA/J2EE, Tomcat, Spring MVC, Spring WS, SOAP/XML-RPC, Hibernate-JPA, OFBiz, BeanShell, Free Marker Template Language, JBoss, XML, JAXB, XML beans, WICKET, CSS, JQuery, AJAX, JSON, Scrum, HTML5, CSS3
Confidential, Madison, NJ
Java/J2EE Application Developer
- Participated in Requirements Analysis, and Design and Development phases of the project with major emphasis on Development of the modules.
- Designed the application using the core J2EE design patterns Singleton, Session Façade, Business Delegate, and Service Locator.
- Documented the design documents using Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using the Rational Application Developer.
- Used JIRA issue tracker to file the bugs.
- Developed controllers, updated the struts configuration files and implemented validation using Struts Validator framework.
- Mapped (one-to-many, one-to-one, many-to-one relations) DTOs to Oracle Database tables and Java data types to SQL data types by creating Hibernate mapping XML files
- Oracle database was used, wrote stored procedures for common SQL queries
- Developed various Database interaction objects by implementing the DAO Patterns and used JDBC as Model Component.
- Used SAX Parser for parsing the xml document.
- JBoss Server was used as the application server for deploying the application.
- Implemented Log4j by enabling logging at runtime without modifying the application binary.
- Involved in Unit Testing and Bug-Fixing and achieved the maximum code coverage using JUNIT test cases.
- Used MAVEN for building and deploying the application.
- Involved in user group meetings to gather requirements and finalize work order requests.
- Created Design Specific Documents (DSD’s) and Technical documents for these work requests detailing component level changes and database impacts.
- Used Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to maintain design consistency across all web forms.
- Involved in writing the Functional and Technical Documents and user manuals.
- Involved in testing of the project and fixing the defects.