- Certified Oracle Java Developer with 7 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle - Software developing enterprise applications in domains Finance, Public Sector and Health Care.
- Involved in various projects related to Data Modelling, System Analysis, Design and Development for both OLTP and Data warehousing environments.
- Acquainted in designing and developing server-client and webbased applications in Java/J2EE technology using Object Oriented Technology.
- Adept knowledge in Liferay portal development technology using Hooks, Portlets, OSGi framework, Fragments, Activators, Form Navigator, Service Builder, ext and Liferay CMS.
- Leveraged the Liferay DXP OSGi framework for providing the development environment for modular applications.
- Expertise in Core Java concepts such as OOP Design, Multi-Threading, Generics, Exception Handling, Collections, Java Reflection, JDBC and Annotation.
- Familiar with Java 8 concepts like Lambda Expressions, Functional Interfaces, Stream API, Joda.Org(Time and Date API).
- Good working experience on XML suite of technologies such as XML, XSD, XSLT, DTD, DOM, SAX-parser.
- Created UI application using Angular4 and Type script as POC.
- Mastered different modules of Spring core, Spring MVC, Spring security and good hands-on experience with Spring Boot, Spring cloud.
- Strong hands on experience with Hibernate and Spring JPA, Spring Data.
- Having good experience in exposing and consuming web services using Apache CXF and Apache Camel.
- Adept knowledge in RDBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2.
- Good knowledge in NOSQL databases like MongoDB, Elastic Search and Couchbase
- Knowledge in Amazon web services(AWS), Open shift Enterprise, Docker Images, BRMS images.
- Involved in coding both View layer (MVC Framework) and Model Layer using Struts and Java Web Services and UI mockups using Balsamiq.
- Extensive exposure in AngularJs for application implementations, proficient in creating modules, controllers, factory services, customizable filters, http get/post method and directives to realize functionalities like REST service using Ajax call, input validations, searchable and sortable contents.
- Proficient with version control software like SVN, GIT and implementing logging features using Log4j, Slf4j.
- Experienced in TEST automation using Selenium, Cucumber, Jenkins, Karma, Jasmine and Testing tools JUnit, Firebug, JMeter.
- Acquainted in Web Services using SOAP, REST, UDDI, WSDL, and Java Web Service API’s such as JAX-RPC, JAX-M, JAX-RS, JAX-WS.
- Experienced with CI/CD build pipelines using Jenkins for timely builds, code coverage, running test.
- Expert in using defect tracking system like JIRA, ClearQuest and Bugzilla and in Message brokers using ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ.
- Familiar in deploying applications using Java build tools Apache Ant, Maven, Gradle and Basic knowledge in UNIX and LINUX Shell scripting.
- Exposure in interacting with clients and solving application environments issues.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java 8, Scala, Liferay (6.2/DXP).
J2EE Framework: JSP, Servlets, JavaBeans, JDBC, Struts, RMI, EJB, Hibernate, Spring, JMS, AWT, RMI, Web Services, Micro Services, SOA, SAX and DOM Parsers.
Portal Technology: Liferay 6.2/DXP, Hooks, Service Builder, Fragments, Activator, Form Navigator, Theme Generator,OSGI framework, ext, Liferay CMS.
API: DOM (Data Object Model), JTA (Java Transaction API), Java Persistence API (JPA), Java Message Service.
Development-Tools (IDEs): Eclipse, Liferay Developer Studio, RAD, NetBeans, MS Visual Studio, WebStorm, Brackets,TFS.
Web-Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Glassfish.
Design Patterns: MVC, Front Controller, Singleton, Session Façade, Business Delegate and DAO patterns
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, DB2, PL/SQL, MongoDB, Couchbase.
Web Services: SOAP, REST, JAX-RPC, JAX-M, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, Amazon Web Services.
Unit-Testing Frameworks: JUnit, JMeter, Mockito, TestNG, Jasmine-Karma, Chai, Protractor, Http-server.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, MAC.
Source Control Tools: CVS, SVN, VSS, Rational Clear Case, Source Tree, GIT Hub.
SDLC Methodologies: Water Fall Model, Agile, Scrum, Kanban Methodology
Build and Performance Managing Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, JIRA.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr Java/Liferay Portal Developer
- Involved in Software Development Life Cycle type of methodology.
- Participated in Agile Development Team for application development which includes bi-weekly Sprint and daily Scrum to discuss the design, Code Review and work progress in Rally.
- Design Develop and Test the Portals using Java/J2EE and Liferay Portal Technology.
- Involved in creating a roadmap and implemented Liferay portal upgrade for MyBlue customer portal application from versions 6.2 to Liferay DXP.
- As a part of Liferay DXP upgrade from 6.2 version all the existing portlets are migrated to Liferay DXP OSGI modules.
- Used Liferay Content Manage System(CMS) for create, edit, manage, and maintain website pages and created both public and private pages at the site level.
- Application architected and developed using AngularJS, NodeJS and MVC framework.
- Created responsive designs(Mobile/Tablet/Desktop) using HTML5, CSS3 and Bootstrap.
- Developing a Spring MVC Portlet which generated and imported Web, PDF reports based on user claims request.
- Worked on custom login portlet with forgot username, password with various email templates and multiple security questions using google captcha.
- Migrated Liferay Hook in 6.2 to several Fragments, Activators and Form Navigators to deprecate the changes with Liferay DXP.
- Used Liferay Theme Generator for migrating the customized theme from versions Liferay 6.2 to Liferay DXP.
- Installed DXP Portal and development environment for MyBlue application using Gradle
- Designed Service builder code implementation strategy in themes and other plugins to ensure a decoupled code strategy.
- Worked on Liferay Portlet development using JSR 168 and JSR 286 standards.
- Involved on integration of Liferay with Nagios, Xuggler to monitor the health of webservices.
- Implemented SSO integration for MDOT website and SAML for Liferay Auto Login.
- Created Email Notifications, Templates while creating a user, forgot password and change username using Liferay Fragment.
- Implementing Theme, Hooks, Layout in Liferay Portal and working on current project architecture and Inter Portal Communication.
- Integrated and deployed the application on Tomcat Application Server and used KALEO workflow tasks and notifications.
- Used Service Builder for generating remote Liferay portal web services in REST and exposed it to JSON webservice using service.xml.
- Used Velocity Template Language and Free Marker Templates to create the template and structure for publishing the web content articles in Liferay DXP
- Installed Blade Command Line Interface(CLI) for generating Liferay workspace and used Telnet command prompt for checking status of the OSGi modules.
- REST extenders were used for publishing the JAX-RS web service and implemented to the OSGi framework.
- Developed SQL Server Stored Procedures to execute backend processes.
- Used SQL Server as database and used create, Select, Update and Delete statements.
- CreatedDB tables,functions, Joinsand wrote prepared statements usingSQL Server.
- Integrated Elastic Search on Liferay DXP which a distributed search engine is to run parallel searches on different servers and collate results back into single page.
- Administration of Liferay Portal and worked on Roles and Groups assignment for authorization for editing and publishing web content.
- Imported and Exported Liferay web content articles from Stage Environment to PE using LAR (Liferay Archive File).
- Used Gradle for project management and build automation, and Continuous Integration is done using Jenkins and PUTTY for debugging.
- Implemented Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitLab.
- Administration of Liferay Portal and worked on Roles and Groups assignment for authorization for editing and publishing web content.
- Used JSON API, REST Client and Postman for testing the RESTful webservices.
- Integrated and tested various modules with JUnit test cases by PowerMockito and used Java Code Coverage (Jacoco) report to ensure high-quality delivery with minimal rework in Agile environment.
- Participated in preparing technical documents which includes logical flow of the code and migration process of Liferay from versions 6.2 to DXP.
Confidential, Warren, MI
Full Stack Developer
- Involved in entire Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) of the project right from requirement gathering to the implementation.
- Participated in Agile Development Team for application development which includes bi-weekly Sprint and daily Scrum to discuss the design and work progress in Rally.
- Created environment for Micro service architecture(MSA) and Deployed into AWS using Open Shift Environment(OSE) as Docker images.
- Followed Micro Service Architecture(MSA) and routes to each service are implemented with Apache Camel.
- Implemented Cache using HazelCast, Infinispan which stores data from GWARP calls and update the cache for every 24 hours.
- Developed all UI web pages using web technologies using HTML5, CSS3, Angular2, Bootstrap,jQuery and ReactJS, NodeJS as POC.
- Involved in Enhancement of existing application utilizing Angular2, created HTML navigation menu that is role based wherein menu item changes dynamically based on the values derived from the database in JSON form using JACKSON API.
- Used various Bootstrap components and developed the application based on Responsive web design and user facing features using React JS in view level.
- Develop the name selectors in GWARP application using Dojo and AJAX for on-key-down responses from back end.
- Used ReactJS for the use of metrics and end-end events tracing for the analysis purpose.
- Responsible for writing the Design specifications for the generic and application specific web services using Groovy and Grails and migrated from AngularJS to Angular2 to make GWARP application more responsive.
- Designed the portlets for Confidential application using J2EE and Liferay Portal Technology and integrated Liferay portal application with other services.
- Administered the Liferay GWARP portal and worked on creating tracking and insurance of Parts,claims for authorizing and publishing the content to the company.
- Imlemented the customized portlets based on the GWARP application demand using Liferay plugins using Java and Spring.
- Involved in the migration process of Liferay 6.2 to 7.0 version.
- Defined Object Relational Mapping(ORM) for Hibernate and performed Spring integration using Hibernate for ease of data access.
- Familiar in using Named queries to pull all HQL data using annotations.
- Worked on Trade Item, Product Item publications and test in FileZilla to get response that publication is received, review, or rejected.
- Used MongoDB as Data Base as a Service(DBAAS) for query, update, insert and MongoDB for storing JSON files.
- Upgraded Java8 version into server and used Lambda expressions, Joda.org(Time/Date), Stream API in Drools to deploy KIE sessions into Open shift enterprise and integrated with eclipse.
- Implemented message retry mechanism using kafka in the event of any failure of systems and enhanced the listeners for RabbitMQ and Apache Kafka
- Exposed and consumed the Liferay web services to downstream GWARP application
- Worked on EC2 and VPC API to create instances and virtual private cloud in Amazon(AWS).
- Implemented Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub. And AWS AMI’s whenever a new GitHub branch begins, whereas Jenkins automatically builds a new Docker container from it.
- Used GitHub version controlling tools(CI/CD) to maintain project versions supported the application through debugging, fixing and maintenance releases.
- Used PUTTY for debugging and connect to my remote files in server securely using SSH Encryption FileZilla to transfer files between local and remote folders change file permissions.
- Developed a smart rule engine for GWARP that track claims, emails, and generates Jasper reports for the application in the company about claim and insurance issue.
- Used ElasticSearch for querying from Oracle database and periodic exported the data.
- Tracked the error logs using Log4J and fixed the bugs and generated documentation for SOAP calls using Swagger API.
- Configured and maintained JBoss application server and development server.
- Created JUnit test cases to automate the testing of business logic and Karma with Mocha for testing Angular applications mocked the response with Mockito and Power Mockito.
- Tracked and solved tickets for defects on bug reporting tool JIRA and End2End testing with Protractor and Http-server.
- Participated in preparing technical documents which includes logical flow of the code and UML diagrams user’s manual for the application.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
UI/J2EE Developer (Full Stack Developer)
- Involved in Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, Developing and Testing of application developed using Agile, SCRUM methodology.
- Developed User Interface screens for presentation using HTML5, CSS3, AngularJS, AJAX, Bootstrap, ReactJS, Glyphicons, and jQuery.
- Developed UI using Bootstrap dropdown multiselect, Bootstrap modals implemented a suite of application wide MODALS for application configurable warnings, alerts and Tab Widget, Tree Widget UI controllers.
- Created documentation for all the components which is included in ReactJS and Bootstrap page.
- Developed an AngularJS workflow manager leveraging AngularJS state router for flexible configuration and management of multi-step user input flows.
- Used Bootstrap for writing gulp tasks, bower, npm (Node Package Manager) for packing and creating production ready code using NodeJS.
- Improved application by designing and implementing a Groovy/Grails for project activity planning activities.
- Analyzed and dissembled PHP code in legacy project and did translation for functional methods in Java Code.
- Developed Backend REST Services using Spring Jersey, Apache CXF and MAVEN to automate the builds and managing projects.
- Modified web.xml and inject Spring Security to ensure back-end security and enhanced doPost method in servlet to avoid multiple submissions.
- Entailed in system design and development in Core Java using collections, multithreading and generics.
- Implemented the caching mechanism in Hibernate to load data from Oracle 10g database and wrote Hibernate configured files to enable the data transactions between POJO and Oracle 10g Database.
- Involved in implementation of JSP’s, Servlets to interact with Oracle 10g Database
- Deployed complete Web application on JBoss server and Log4J to capture the log that includes runtime exceptions.
- Developed a production level cloud based architecture in AWS and involved in maintenance, performance, infrastructure services of Amazon EC2 instances and used S3 Data pipeline to move data to AWS Redshift.
- Converted data objects in Transient memory assertions and attributes to SAML response as a part of SAML SSO.
- Used Cruise Control framework for a continuous build process and reporting build status and highly scalable performance efficient Drools Architecture.
- Wrote Drool rules in both rule flow and drools fusion fetching the rule data from the database.
- Used REST web service API JAX-RS with JSON for client based communication in the browser.
- Involved in Unit Testing, Functional and Integration Testing for different modules in the application using JUnit, Jasmine, Karma, and PhantomJs.
- Involved in application architectures development tools for web solutions that fulfill the business requirement of the project.
- Implemented and maintained the branching and build/release strategies using GIT.
- Build, deploy and maintain SOAP/REST compliant Web services and Fetched records for SOAP and Restful requests from Oracle DB using SOLR search.
- Designed properties file that has been used by many services and wrote code for reading.
Environment: J2EE, HTML5, CSS3, AngularJS,ReactJS,JSP,Groovy, GULP, Bootstrap, NodeJS, PHP, Spring Frame work, Spring Security, Hibernate, JMS, JBoss, SOAP, REST, XML, Log4j,websphere, Oracle 10g, SOLR, Drools, Shell Script, GIT, MAVEN, JSON, AWS,S3,EC2, POJO, Jasmine, Karma, JIRA, Mockito.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Designed and developed the application using Agile methodology and followed TDD, SCRUM.
- Wrote a Technical design document with the class sequence, activity diagram in each use case.
- Implemented JSF converters to handle formatting and Localization, configuring faces-config.xml for converters and validators.
- Used AJAX interaction with Prime faces for better and interactive Front-end and developed Single Page Application using AngularJs.
- Developed custom layouts and reusable composite components for the web application using Facelets.
- Used Struts components like Formbeans,Action Classes,JavaBeans and designed the client UI MVC using Struts and EJB.
- Developed the business layer logic and implemented EJBs Session beans and
- Created Grids for VACMS application using Dojo and business widgets for mobile application
- Designed and developed Business components and integrated with Spring MVC and performed data validation in Form beans and Action Classes.
- Used Spring to develop light weight business component and Spring IOC for DI, Spring AOP for cross cutting concerns like logging, security, transaction management.
- Implemented Hibernate Caching (Query and second level EH Cache) for frequent queries executed against databases for reports use of API’s like Java Transaction API, Java Persistence API.
- Involved in configuring and integrating JSF, Spring and Hibernate Frameworks and implemented MVC architecture in various modules.
- Used Spring Hibernate and DAO layers to offer abstraction for the business from the database related code (CRUD) and created aspects using Spring AOP annotation approach
- Developed Spring controller class for forms and performed URL and view mapping using the Spring MVC Framework.
- Wrote data Components for Plan Setup, wrote, called Stored procedures using HQL, Hibernate and Hibernate ORM with IBM DB2.
- Integrated Spring and Hibernate to develop the business layer which serves the data required for JSF beans.
- Consumed data REST web services using JAX-RS API using Apache CXF and configured JDBC data source and JMS connection factories in WebSphere.
- Designed and developed the VACMS application to provide integration of FileNet with other systems.
- Developed interfaces and their implementation classes for asynchronous communication with the Middleware using JMS.
- Modified the VACMS Dashboard application to allow it to be used for Virginia state claims a new region is added to the application and created test support documents for Dashboard.
- Responsible for Deploying and configuring the builds on WebSphere Application Server and Shell scripting in UNIX.
- Wrote notification service that executes daily, sends emails and escalation to participate and experienced in using LDAP for Authentication and job scheduling using Quartz.
- Worked Error handling for the flows and routed the failures to Cloud hub connector and created alerts in the cloud hub to send the error messages to the Operations team.
- Developed and calling Web services with SOAP/HTTP bindings from message flows and reusable components in FTP module, File processor.
- Wrote build and deployments scripts using MAVEN on UNIX based environment.
- Worked on application support on different environments from QA to Production where responsible for analyzing the issues, providing technical, functional support to the users and fix them and tested application VACMS using JMeter.
Environment: J2EE/J2SE, Java, CSS3, PHP,HTML5,Dojo, JSP, Prime Faces, JSF, Struts MVC, Spring Framework, Spring Batch, Hibernate, JDBC, AngularJS, JMS, Apache CXF,EJB, JNDI, UDDI, WSDL, SOAP, XML, XSLT, XPath, Log4j, Web Sphere, Oracle,Pl/SQL, RAD, UNIX, Maven, JMeter, GitHub, JBoss.
- Involved in various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases of the project like Requirement gathering, development, enhancements usingAgilemethodologies.
- Developed form beans for struts to fill user-filled information and used Struts Tag libraries with web-UI and business logic in EJB.
- EJB, Servlets are used to handle the data collected from the JSP’s.
- Moved the application from Struts framework to Spring MVC.
- UsedSpringMVC for implementing the Web layer of the application. This includes developing Controllers, Views and Validators.
- Developed the service and domain layer using Spring Framework modules likeCore-IOC, AOP.
- Developed the Application Framework usingJava, spring, HibernateandLog4J.
- CreatedDB tables,functions, Joinsand wrote prepared statements usingSQL.
- ConfiguredHibernate session factoryin applicationcontext.xml to integrateHibernatewithspring.
- ConfiguredApplicationContext.xmlinSPRINGto adopt communication between Operations and their corresponding handlers.
- Used Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB) for marshaling and un-marshaling java objects and XML.
- Developed service(EJB) components for middleware component implementation and inter communication between components is developed by XML.
- And Serena Dimensions was used for the version control of source code.
- Integrated the COGNOS report and Dashboards into J2EE application.
- Developed spring rest controllers to handle JSON data and wrote DAO and services to handle the data.
- CreatedDB tables,functions, Joinsand wrote prepared statements usingPL/SQL.
- Developed tested stored procedures, Cursors, functions and Packages using PL/SQL for Data ETL.
- Consumed and createdRESTWeb servicesusingSpringandApache CXF.
- DevelopedMySQLstored procedures and triggers usingSQLto calculate and update the tables to implement business logic.
- UsedMavento build the application and deployed onJBossApplication Server.
- Used intellij for development andJBossApplication Server for deploying the web application.
- Monitored the error logs usinglog4j.
- ImplementedSpring JMSmessage listeners with JMS queues for consumption of Asynchronous requests.
- Used AOP concepts like aspect, join point, advice, point cut, target object andAOPproxies.
- Understanding User requirements participating in design discussions, implementation feasibility analysis both at front-end and backend level, documenting requirements.
- Implemented Struts framework in the presentation tier for all the essential control flow, business level validations and for communicating with the business layer.
- Developed Struts Framework Action Servlet classes for controllers and developed form Beans for transferring data between Action classes and the view layer.
- Developed Ant (build .xml) targets for build and deployment on WebSphere Application Server.
- Designed and developed DAO layer with Hibernate standards, to access data from IBM DB2 database through JPA (Java Persistence API) layer.
- Developed Stored Procedures in the Oracle database and Front-End windows services with Sybase.
- Performed impact analysis on the dependency projects of OneSource Project.
- Implemented several agents asServletsthat run regularly to load the data into DB2 database from external systems.
- Involved in writing unit test plans and developing test cases using JUnit. Used configuration management and version control tool CVS.
- Developed Enterprise Java Beans (Stateless Session Beans) to handle different transaction such as online funds transfer, bill payments to the service providers.
- Developed deployment descriptors for the EJB must deploy on Web Sphere Application Server.
- Implemented Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using JMS for sending and receiving messages while creating web services.
- Developed web services for data transfer from client to server and vice versa using Apache Axis, SOAP, WSDL and UDDI.
- Extensively worked on MQ Series using point-point publisher/subscriber managing domains for implementing exchange of information through messages.
- Developed XML documents and generated XSL files for Payment Transactions and Reserve Transaction systems.
- Implemented J2EE design patterns like Singleton, Service Locator, Business Delegate, DAO, Transfer Object, and SOA.
- Prepared and executed JUNIT test cases to test the application service layer operations before DAO integration.
- Creating test environments with WAS for local testing using test profile. And interacting with Software Quality Assurance (SQA) end to report and fix defects using Rational Clear Quest.
- Used Subversion to implement version control System.
Environment: Java, J2EE, HTML, jQuery, EJB