- 7 years of experience in designing, developingand implementation of Androidapplications with Android SDK and Androidstudio.
- Developed, architected multipleAndroidapplications across versions fromAndroidFroyo (2.2) toAndroidNougat (7.0)
- Extensively worked on almost every stage of application development right from collecting requirements, providing guidelines for design, creating application architecture, implementation that includes various stages in development, QA, code signing and releasing to market.
- Expertise experience in app components such as Activities, Services, Broadcast Receivers, Content Provider, Fragments, Intent, Notifications, Binder Service, Async Task, Preferences, Permissions, Bundle, App bar etc.
- Experience with variousAndroidUI components such as List Views, Spinners, Text View, Buttons, Checkboxes, Dialogs and Action bar.
- Focused on background processing with Async Tasks, Services, Intent Services, IPC, Multi - threading and AIDL
- Experience working with Material Design for Android.
- Experience in developing multithreaded application and Async calls based on network.
- Working experience with implementing RESTful web services to fetch and parse data using different parsing techniques.
- Designed & developed responsive web pages with new trends using most recent User Interface (UI) patterns to be used by browsers at desktop, tablets or phones; designed GUI & interfaces with services for mobile applications.
- Proactive interest in latest technology and industry topics such as Android wear, AndroidBeam, Android TV.
- Used native Android and third-party technologies to optimize the functionality of the Android app including Android Studio, Java, AndroidPay, Android Wear, Crashlytics, TestFairy, Espresso, Picasso, Custom Views, Facebook API, Twitter API, Google Maps API, SQLite, Urban Airship, Dagger, Butter Knife.
- Proficient in database development and implementation of SQLite and MySQL and other data storing options such as offline/internal storage and Shared Preferences.
- Experience in working with different version controls ( Confidential, GIT, and SVN) and bug tracking tools.
- In-depth experience with IDEs like Microsoft Visual Studio, Xamarin Studio for client specific implementations.
- Knowledge of 3rd party libraries like Picasso, Retrofit, Moshi, Otto, Butterknife etc.
- Knowledge of integrating public API's such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google in app.
- Knowledge of integrating Analytics libraries such as Localytics, Google Analytics etc.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, advance algorithms and design patterns.
- Knowledge of Mobile Security concepts such as OpenSSL, encrypted file systems, User-Granted permissions to restrict access.
- Knowledge of Video/Audio streaming in app from URL and experience working with Bluetooth, Location services, Camera, Notifications and Maps.
- Proficiency in app debugging, testing and experience in writing Unit tests.
- Good understanding in Testing Mobile applications and bug tracking for the production team fixing using unit testing frameworks like J-unit and TestNG.
- Extensive knowledge on the development and test of Androidapplications which use video codecs and also on openGL rendering.
- Experience in Deploying the App on the Google Play Store.
Tools: Eclipse, Androidstudio, Junit, Dreamweaver, Atom, Sublime text, VMware, Visual Studio, Webstorm, Postman, Astah, Tableau
Source Control: Git, SVN, Confidential GitHub, Source Tree, BitBucket
Wire Frame Tools: Adobe (Photoshop CS5, Illustrator CS3, Flash, After Effects), Google Ad
Database: SQLite, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, PL/SQL, MongoDB
Operating Systems: Android, Windows XP/7/8/10, Mac OS X (Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra), Linux, Unix
Android Software Engineer
- Involved in the Android development for FordPass application. Worked on MOVE, Fuel POI, guides and perk features.
- Followed a complete AGILE methodology with Daily Stand up calls with the team every day for project implementation. Requirements gathered in an agile environment to help create user stories.
- Developing apps using Test Driven Development (TDD) approach by writing test cases using JUnit, Espresso and Mockito frameworks.
- Used Constraint layouts, Extreme Programming, Test Driven Development methodologies. The code was flavored into brand, region and brand region.
- Efficiently used Activities, Fragments, and internally created components such as the Unbound Event Bus, Transient Data Provider, and View Callback Emitter and Observer for building the app using MVVM architectural pattern.
- Responsible for upgrading the module RxJava, Dagger, Retrofit and Arxan to latest versions for better performance and code stability.
- Responsible for implementing code for analytics data for measuring app performance and usage in market by using Dynatrace software development kit.
- Applying caching policy strategy for API calls for fast loading of the screens in application.
- Responsible for running espresso jobs parallel on Concourse for different regions of application.
- Working on adapters and widgets, such as List Adapter with Progress, an Image Loader which can load images from the web asynchronously.
- Employed Test-Driven Development to ensure code quality. Unit tests written in Java and Kotlin.
- Used Adobe Experience Manager to handle string translations for Mexico and Spanish-US locales.
- Involved in the migration Vin lookup module and Warranty module from Rx Java1 to Rx Java 2.
- Highly involved in design, implementation and testing. Worked extensively on local data storage using Shared Preferences, SQLite databases, and File system.
- Used Dagger 2 for dependency injection to allow for more efficient use of codependent components in app.
- Developed custom views by using custom widget library for the UI of the applications.
- Used Charles proxy to track the network calls and also for debugging using breakpoints and mapping.
- Worked with REST web services using Retrofit and RxJava2 which used a JSON schema to communicate with back-end systems in the background.
- Worked extensively on local data storage using Shared Preferences, SQLite databases, and File system. Also, using Dagger 2 for dependency injection to allow for more efficient use of codependent components in app.
- Introduced Espresso and J-Unit test which were not being used in the system.Supported the automation team and created a new flavor in the app.
- Used Charlesproxy to track the incoming and outgoing network calls and also for debugging using breakpoints and mapping.
- Providing the technical expertise to team members and help them in all technical issues and responsible for error free deployments in the higher environments where users can continue working on applications without interruptions.
Environment: AndroidSDK, Androidstudio3.2.1, Java8, Charles web proxy, RX Java1.0, RX Java2.0, Dagger2.0, JUnit, Mockito, Retrofit, Espresso, MVVM, SQLite3, Concourse, Multi-threading, POST, JSON, GIT, GITX, Rally, Agile Methodology.
- Designed and developed retail application for Androidmobile devices with extensive user interface development. Responsible for design of user interface using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes and Edit Text.
- Involved in prototyping, analysis, specification, design, and implementation phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Utilized View Pager, fragments, custom views and List Views for clean and intuitive UI.
- Included drawer layout for ease of navigation throughout the application.
- Using Charles web debugging proxy to track the incoming and outgoing network or service calls.
- Using Postman (Rest client) to hit the service for GET and POST methods.
- Involved in Confidential pay module, similar to Apple pay it is a combination of Angular and Native. Successfully delivered the project to Client.
- Working with list views, spinners, progress bar, recycler view for ratings and reviews project. Implemented photo upload functionality, validation errors in write a review section to submit the review successfully.
- Involved in full life cycle of the application including wireframe design, server development and client development.
- Designed and developed the user interfaces, Designed Dynamic UI with Fragments using Google Material design
- Working on the video streaming by using UDP protocol which can be viewed on Androidtablet
- Used Androidto realize camera/video application, familiar with SOAP/RESTful web service and http connections, liking JSON, Http connection, Http Client.
- REST web service interaction utilizing OAUTH authentication and retrieved JSON response.
- Used AndroidSDK, Dalvik Debug Monitor Server, AndroidNDK, AndroidVirtual Device, and AndroidDebug Bridge for development and debugging tool.
- Implemented Camera API to scan the bar code for RX pick up or delivery.
- Worked with video players: NexPlayer, VisualOn, Widevine, ExoPlayer and responsible for integrating and testing video streaming and DRM content.
- Implemented Bluetooth logic to interact with portable device and mobile phone.
- Design screens using MVC pattern for the application with AndroidStudio IDE.
- Working with QA team to fix the bugs and performance checking.
- Used SCRUM-Agile software development method for managing application developments.
- Testing application on various Androiddevices. Created interface for Android native and hybrid implementation.
- Performed testing on Physical device and the android emulator.
- Participated in the analysis and documentation of customer's requirements.
Environment: AndroidSDK, Androidstudio3.0, Charles web proxy, RX Java, POSTMAN, Unit Testing, Retrofit, Volley, MVC, SQLite3, Multi-threading, POST, JSON, Bluetooth, SVN, etc.
- Involved in complete Software Development Life Cycle SDLC for a successful delivery of the projects.
- Implemented JSON parsing for data interchange between the web services and the Mobile application.
- Responsible for providing a rich UI design to the AndroidNative Mobile applications.
- Developed business logic of the application and experience with SQLite local data storage.
- Used RESTful Web Services to fetch data asynchronously and render an appropriate view.
- Developed J-Unit Test Cases
- Worked on adapters and widgets, such as List Adapter with Progress, an Image Loader which can load images from the web asynchronously.
- Worked on wide use of application framework like content providers, content resolver, Async Task, Alert Dialog.
- Used MVPpattern for developing application with Android Studio IDE.
- Worked with AndroidUI components such as Layouts, Menus and Action Bars.
- Developed the SQLite database to store and display data when application would be offline.
- Development of Androidcore message transactions layer using EventBus.
- Created a smooth view flow for navigation between different UIs.
- Created test cases and test data for testing the application using Junit Extensions.
- Worked UIAutomator View to test the UI Automationtests of the app.
- Used UI Automator to identify elements in Androidand Inspector to identify elements.
- Experience in XML parsing on client side using JSON. Worked on various Android components TextView, ImageView, EditText, Progressbar, Checkbox etc.
- Implemented Restful web services using Retrofit and Implemented the GSON parser library to read and write JSON data.
- Used Retrofit and Rx Java to replace existing out of date HTTP Client, working with JSON Array and JSON Objects.
- Involved in writing AIDLinterfaces, implementing the interface, exposing the interface to the client, passing the objects over IPC and calling the IPC methods.
- Implemented dependency injection which helps in decoupling using Dagger.
- Used fragments to build small re-usable pieces that are easier to manage and allow for a more fluid visual design and can adapt to tablet and phone resolutions.
- Integrated Android Wear compatibility for user notifications with voice control.
- Developed CRUD functionality to support persistent data store in onboard SQLite database.
- Work extensively on memory management, push notifications, multiple screen support, data offline usage, content providers and sync on Android.
Environment: AndroidStudio 2.3, JAVA, XML, GSON 2.3.1, GitHub, SQLite, MVP,Android Wear, Dagger, AIDL, Binders, Retrofit, Rx Java, Fragments, Logcat, REST web services, Multi-threading, JIRA, AJAX
Sr. Android Developer
- Actively participated in all the phases of SDLC like design, development, testing.
- Worked closely with the testing team using Junit.
- Developed a cross-platform mobile application usingXamarin Framework targeting bothXamarin.Androidand Xamarin.UWP.
- Worked on Android Framework APIs such as Google Maps, Camera, Resource Manager, Fragments, Location Manager, Notification Manager, Content Providers, Contact Manager, Telephony API and REST APIs.
- Implemented the payment gateway integration to process the payments for purchasing the merchandise.
- Worked on AndroidIntegration framework tools like Espresso and Gradle.
- Worked on push notifications using GCM, Broadcast Receiver.
- Embedded Google Maps API, GPS Location Data into app with zooming controls.
- Responsible for the Saved data in the SQLite database.
- Modified Androidmanifest XML file to include all use permissions such as GPS, SMS READ /SEND / RECEIVE.
- Integrated the application with analytics to log User Sessions and Touch Gestures.
- Understanding system requirements, test case planning and execution, Functional testing, Integration Testing, Track issue records and reporting by using bug tracking tool.
- Wrote python scripts to parse XML documents and load the data in database and Generated property list for every application dynamically using python.
- Worked on Continuous Integration and code version using GIT.
- Debugged application using ADB, Trace View, DDMS and Log Cat.
- Worked with JSON library to parse JSON files.
- Implemented GPS Integration and MAP Kit in the application to get the user's location and display the store
- Integrated the Payment Gateway in the app for processing Credit Card Payments for mail orders.
- Performed Unit testing on the various modules/functions to ensure that the output is as expected.
- Participated in Agile/Scrum Methodology, with releases every 2 weeks.
- Used Restful Web Services for transferring and retrieving data from different applications.
Environment: AndroidSDK 4.4, Eclipse 3.6, Python, Xamarin.Forms, ADT Plug-in, Android Studio, SQLite, XML, Java, Google-Map kit, Subversion, Junit, GSON.
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core Angular JS.
- Used factory, services, and providers for keeping data in the application.
- Created custom directives and made restrictions for the directives created.
- Implemented Angular Service calls using Angular Factory and used Media Queries for the design to be compatible in all devices.
- Created e2e test suites for all components and run them on protractor.
- Involved in user meetings to gather the requirements of the application and worked on application designing, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Implemented zip code functionality using Location Manager API.
- Redesigned the cart checkout process with enhancements such as the accordion-style interface that acts as guide to complete user purchase.
- Implemented widget plugin project using Search API, Content Providers, and Database API.
- Developed business logic along with connecting the application to the server with REST web services.
- Used Async task to invoke web services and servlet calls in the background thread.
- Implemented Location based service using Google Maps API that enables to search the nearest store located
- Python is used as an interface between the application and the client.
- Used Test driven approach for developing the application and Implemented the unit tests using pythonUnit test framework.
- Used ProGaurd to remove unused code and resources in the release build.
- Worked on Agile methodologies for rapidly deliver high-quality features of the application.
Environment: Android5.0, AndroidSDK, Java, Eclipse, ProGaurd, Python, Google Maps API, Android Emulator, NDK, SQLite, Linux/UNIX, XML.