- A Professional outstanding, self - motivated career wif over 8+ years of experience in IT industry wif a major focus on Linux System Administration, DevOps and (AWS) using Software Configuration and Build/Release Management tools like Git, SVN, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk, OpenStack etc.
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing AWS including EC2, Auto-Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB), Elastic Beanstalk(EBS), S3, Glacier, Lambda, Cloud Front, Dynamo DB, EMR, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS, Route 53 and RedShift.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and troubleshooting Unix/Linux/AIX/Windows/Mac Networking services and protocols like NIS, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH and SAMBA.
- Experience wif installation, configuration and maintenance of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on (AWS). Good noledge on Cloud and Virtualization environments such as Azure, Google Cloud Engine and OpenStack.
- Experience in version control using SVN, GIT, Setup Team Foundation Server(TFS) and GITHUB and continuous integration management using Jenkins.
- Installed and configured Jenkins and Hudson for continuous integration and performed continuous deployments. Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy wif Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, JIRA and Cloud Foundry.
- Experience using Maven, ANT and Gradle as build tools for teh building of deployable artifacts (jar, war and ear) from source code. Experience in Implementing Configuration Management tools like Ansible, Puppet and Chef.
- Configured Apache webserver in teh Linux AWS Cloud environment using Puppet automation. Repositories for Puppet Enterprise on RHEL and Windows platforms.
- Working noledge on Nagios and Splunk Monitoring tools. Set up Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana(ELK) for multiple clusters, helping other teams quickly access new job logs. Experience in JIRA for Bug Tracking and Test Case Management.
- Deployed teh built docker image onMesosusingMarathon. Using a multi-container setup deployed onMesos.Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in teh cloud using Jenkins
- Virtualized teh servers using teh Docker for teh test environments and development environments needs and configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Extensive exposure to Configuration management policies and practices wif regards to SDLC along wif automation of scripting using bash, shell, python, PowerShell and Perl scripting. Experience in writing SQL scripts for Oracle 10g, 11g and SQL Server.
- Expertise includes bash and python scripting wif focus on DevOps tools and CI/CD Architecture. Worked wif DevOps practices using AWS, Elasticsearch, Beanstalk and Docker wif Kubernetes.
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware ESX, vCenter, vSphere and Xen.
- Worked on building and deploying Java code through Jenkins. Experience in installation and configuration of Web Sphere, Apache, JBoss, WebLogic and LDAP. Proficiency in multiple databases like DynamoDB, MongoDB, NoSQL, MySQL, ORACLE and MS SQL Server.
- Experience of working wif teh release and deployment in Java/J2EE, Android, iOS, C, C++ and ASP.net Web applications environment. Worked on setting up teh life cycle policies to back teh data from AWS S3 to AWS Glacier. Experience using AWS CLI to create new instances and manage existing instances.
- Administration and management of Atlassian tool suites. Expertise in Agile, Scrum software development environment and Application Lifecycle Management.
- Worked on setting up a reverse proxy, load balancing and caching server(Nginx).
OPERATING SYSTEM: Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS, Solaris, Windows
CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT TOOLS: Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Kickstart, Terraform
CLOUD SERVICES: Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Filesystem, RDS, DMS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route 53, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, IAM, SNS
BUILD TOOLS: Maven, Ant
APPLICATION SERVERS: Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Web Sphere
VERSION CONTROL TOOLS: GIT, TFS, Subversion (SVN)
DATABASE SYSTEM: MS SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle 9i/10g, IBM DB2
WEB SERVERS: Apache HTTP, Nignx
VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGIES: VMWare, Windows Hyper-V, Power VM, Virtual box, Citrix Xen
MONITORING TOOLS: Nagios, Cloudwatch, Splunk, ELK
Confidential, CHICAGO, IL
SENIOR DEVOPS CLOUD ENGINEER
- Managing a production infrastructure on Amazon Web Services VPC utilizing AWS Code Deploy, S3, EC2, Container Service, CloudFormation including Auto Scaling.
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and creating a security group to associate wif teh networks.
- Implemented and maintained teh monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Developing payment system module using Spring Microservices on Pivotal Cloud Foundry after successful execution of teh main business model.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools SVN and GIT.
- Developing and maintaining teh built environment, teh source code control system and managing build packages using Team Foundation Server(TFS).
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and Hudson.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Ansible in Docker container environment.
- Work on automatic and continuous inspection of code quality, integrating SonarQube wif Jenkins.
- Extensive experience wif Continuous Integration tools Jenkins and project dependency management tools ANT, MAVEN to build Java/J2EE.
- Installed Groovy plugin to Jenkins and worked on groovy scripts to add support for Groovy projects.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations and AWS Cloud management.
- Deploy and configure Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of chef-client nodes for provisioning.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating teh continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Modernized deployment procedures by repackaging software into rpms and yum repos, enabling one-step builds wif an Ansible playbook and shell script.
- Applied patching on different flavours of Linux using configuration management tool Ansible.
- Deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Amazon Kinesis(ELK) using chef for log analytics, full-text search, application monitoring in integration wifAWSLambdaand CloudWatch.
- Installed and configured Nagios tool, for monitoring network services and host resources.
- Wrote Bash, Shell, Ruby, Perl and Python scripting to automate teh regular tasks like removing core files, taking backups of important files, file transfers among servers.
- Used JIRA tool to track all teh defects and changes related to build and Release Team in an Agile environment.
- Experience designing and deploying container-based production clusters using Docker (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Apache).
- Implemented docker -maven-plugin in and maven pom to build docker images for all microservices and later used Dockerfile to build teh docker images from teh java jar files.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up teh automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Configuring Nginx for proxy RESTful API calls to micro-services in Docker containers.
- Administering and configuring NoSQL Databases like Cassandra, MongoDB etc.
- Installed and setup web server on Apache and Database server wif MySQL.
- Worked on setting up a reverse proxy, load balancing and caching server(Nginx).
- Experience in setting up a firewall for teh given environment.
- Working wif Clusters, adding multiple IP addresses to a Servers via virtual network interface in order to minimize network traffic (load-balancing and failover clusters).
- System Monitoring and log management on UNIX and Linux Servers including, crash and swap management, wif password recovery and performance tuning.
- Worked on web security tools, including LDAP Server, SSL Certificates and client authentication
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix, Send mail, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management Security troubleshooting skills. Deep understanding of Layer 7 protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SSL/TLS.
- Configured and administered JDBC, JMS, JNDI and SNMP on WebLogic server wif Oracle9i database.
- Automated deployment of.Net, Ruby, NodeJS builds to different environments using TeamCity.
Environment: -AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, glacier, Lifecycle Management policies, Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, VPC, RDS, IAM and Cloud Watch, GIT, Maven, Ansible, Hudson, Jenkins, Kubernetes, SQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Jira,AWS CLI,AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Bash Shell Script, Python, Apache Tomcat, MongoDB, Oracle DB.
SENIOR DEVOPS CLOUD ENGINEER
- AWS EC2/ELB/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based infrastructure automation through Terraform, Python, Bash Scripts.
- Deployment of application and migration of data on AWS Redshift.
- Design and Implemented Cloud Orchestration solution using AWS EC2 & Docker.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure wif automation and configuration management tools such as Puppet.
- Worked on setting up teh new repos, managing teh permissions for various GIT branches.
- Experience in working wif GIT to store teh code and integrated it to Puppet.
- Synchronized off-shore and on-site TFS servers on weekly basis.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artefacts to Nexus Antifactory.
- Installed SonarQube plugin in Jenkins and integrated wif project ANT and Maven scripts.
- Implemented chef as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage change.
- Utilize Cloud Formation and Puppet by creatingDevOpsprocesses for consistent and reliable deployment methodology.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache Tomcat, Jenkinsand deployment automation.
- Support developers in writing cookbooks for deploying product applications in development, QA and production environment.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal.
- Working wif teh ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack to analyze log data obtained from Microsoft Business Intelligence tools.
- Using Agile (JIRA) development techniques and continuous integration through Bamboo.
- Virtualized teh servers on AWS, Linux and Windows using Docker, created teh Docker file.
- Working wif DevOps practices using AWS, Elastic Beanstalk(EBS) and Docker wif Kubernetes.
- Developed and implemented up to teh monitoring infrastructure for systems using Nagios.
- Configure AWS VPC wif public and private subnets, Routing tables, Internet gateway, Security groups and ACL’s.
- Maintain integrity of teh network, server deployment, and security.
- Drafted and executed Shell, Perl, Bash & Maven scripts in QA, Staging and Production environments. Modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Knowledge of setting up a reverse proxy and caching server(Nginx).
- Installed puppet client software on servers and established a communication between master and client through SSL certification.
- Network administration and monitoring on Linux and Solaris server using third-party tools such as Nagios.
- Configured DNS Servers and Clients, and involved in troubleshooting DNS issues.
- Created Virtual server on VMware ESX/ESXi based host and installed teh operating system on Guest Servers.
- Extracted teh data from MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server and load data into Cassandra.
- Deployed teh java application into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Installed, Configured and Administered JBoss Application Server AIX, RHEL, WINDOWS.
Environment: -AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, Amazon RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53, GIT, VPC, Route53, Maven, Hudson, Jenkins, EBS, SQL, ELB, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Docker, Kubernetes, Jira,Terraform, AWS CLI,AWS Auto Scaling, ELK Unix/Linux, Bash Shell script, Python, Chef, Apache Tomcat, MongoDB, Oracle DB.
Confidential, Confidential, NC
- Developed a fully automated continuous integration system using SVN, GIT, GitHub and custom tools developed in Bash.
- Worked on building and deploying Java code through Jenkins.
- Worked wif Build Automation, Deployment tools and Continuous Integration concepts by using tools like ANT, Maven, MS Build, Jenkins.
- Create and set up an automated nightly build environment for Visual Studio, Net andJavaprojects using Jenkins.
- TEMPEffective at managing enterprise puppet environments, maintaining test and product catalogues and writing reusable modules for use in configuration management.
- Involved in automation by using Puppet running On RedHat Linux wif around 500+ clients to automate teh process of deploying/testing teh new builds in each environment, setting up a new node and configuring machines/servers.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools like Puppet and involved in developing manifests.
- Monitored physical and virtual servers remotely using Nagios.
- Strong noledge of TCP/IP, UDP, DNS network, load balancing, firewalls and enterprise monitoring tools Splunk.
- Expertise includes bash, shell, Perl and Python scripting wif focus on DevOps tools and CI/CD Architecture.
- Installed and Configured teh Apache Tomcat application servers for Dev and Integration Test Environments.
- Installed and configured WebLogic Server 8.6 and WebLogic Server 9.2 for both development and production environments.
- Expertise in VMware environment architecture, maintenance and performance tuning teh Virtual environment.
- Involved in sprints and planned releases wif teh team using JIRA and Confluence.
- Day to day problem handling like related to File Systems, Disk, Memory, CPU, Network etc., user administration, adding and removing user accounts, changing user attributes.
- Experience using Kick Start and modified Kick Start based on server profiles and hardware specifications and performed Kick Start/PXE installations of RHEL.
- Actively involved in AGILE/SCRUM Methodologies of project execution.
- Installing, configuring JBoss 4.3 on Linux, UNIX servers, integrating it wif Apache server.
Environment: Puppet, Kickstart, Cron, Perl, Nagios, Jenkins, LVM, Veritas volume manager, MySQL, DB2,Oracle PL/SQL, Maven, Git, RPM, VMWare ESX, Ubuntu, WebLogic, Web Sphere, Tomcat, shell script, Bash, KSH, SuSe, RedHat, CentOS.
- Installed, configured, troubleshoot, secured and supported RedHat 4/5/6, AIX, CentOS 3/4/5 and SuSe Linux9/10 servers and production servers. Tuning teh kernel parameters based on teh application/database requirement.
- Troubleshooting system - OS level and Hardware level. Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Ubuntu, CentOS 6/7 on both standalone and virtual environments. Build YUM and RPM repository Server for Development team to upload packages
- Configuring multipath, adding SAN and creating physical volumes, volume groups, logical volumes(LVM).
- Worked on various applications like Nagios and improving their performance by performance tuning and analysis.
- Responsible for change management, troubleshooting and resolution of server issues for end users support.
- Involved in migrations and conversions of AIX and Linux servers from Physical to virtual and virtual to virtual.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using Jumpstart for Solaris and Kickstart for Linux.
- Configured IP bonding for failover load balancing and configured multipath for SAN.
- Installed and verified dat all AIX/Linux patches or updates are applied to teh servers.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Virtualization technologies such as XEN, VMware, Pacemaker, DRBD VMware, LPAR, and VIOS.
- Document errors, workarounds required, integration problems, security and deployment issues.
- Performance monitoring wif ps, say, top, Iostat, vmstat, free, lsof and Other Tools.
- Run continuous development and deployment processes using automation.
- Daily maintenance of GIT source repositories and builds. Experience in Installing, Configuring and administering JBoss.
- Prepared workflow for build and release management using SVN repository and Hudson build management tool.
- Setting up Splunk monitoring on Linux and Windows systems. Creating and cloning virtual machines in VMware environment using Virtual Infrastructure client and vSphere. Worked wif DRBD and Pacemaker cluster tools.
- Perform daily maintenance routines on Linux servers, monitoring system access, managing file space and tuning teh system for optimum performance. Installing and configuring Apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Writing shell scripts for Automated Backups and Cron Jobs. Worked wif Remedy ticketing system and provided 24/7 on-call support for production.
- System Administration, System Builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patching, Migration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery and Performance Monitoring on Linux/AIX/Windows Operating Systems.
- Proficient in configuring Kickstart servers to initiate installation of Red Hat Linux on several machines.
- Worked wif Version Control tools such as GIT and Subversion SVN.
- Automate systems installation, configuration, maintenance, and recovery.
- File system tuning, growing and shrinking wif Veritas File system and LVM.
- Basic understanding of SAN and NAS based storage arrays and teh topologies.
- Experience in Package Management using RedHat RPM/YUM and RedHat Satellite server.
- Experience in writing Shell scripts using bash, for process automation of databases, applications, backup and scheduling.
- Implemented Server consolidation and virtualization using XEN, VMware ESX and vCenter.
- Dual Virtual Host Hardware Installation, configuration and administration. Migration from Xen to VMWARE. ESX installation and configuration, Vcenter Operations.
- Installed and administration of Windows and Linux (Centos, Ubuntu and Red Hat) servers.
- Installed, monitored and supported Apache and Tomcat Web and Application Servers in Linux environments.
- Installing, configuring, supporting and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like NIS, DNS, NFS, DHCP, FTP, SSH, TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Worked wif RAID configuration-RAID 0, 1, 5.
- Experience supporting 24x7 production computing environments. Experience providing on-call and weekend support.
Environment: Kickstart, Cron, Solaris, RedHat, Tomcat, Java, LVM, Nagios, Oracle Virtual box, VMware, SSH, RHEL, FTP, SCP, WinSCP, FileZilla, Bash, UNIX, LINUX, Putty