- A Java/J2EE Programmer with about 7 years of experience in IT industry specifically in web based technologies with skills in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation, Production Support and Maintenance of various Web Applications using Java/J2EE Technologies.
- Working experience on Multi-Tier Architectures and Design using client-server and Web Technologies.
- Experience in developing Web Applications with various Open Source frameworks:Spring, Struts Framework,Java Server Faces,Hibernate ORM,JPA, Struts Validation and Tiles Frameworks.
- Expertise in designing applications using Java, J2EE technologies like EJB, JNDI, XML-RPC, JMS, Web services, JAX-RS,JAX-WS,WS Security.
- Expertise in Client Side Designing and Validations using various technologies like HTML, CSS, Java Script, MS FrontPage, JSP, Struts Tag Library, JSTL.
- Exposure to various Application Servers like IBM WebSphere, Apache Tomcat and JBoss.
- Experience in J2EE design patterns such as MVC, Singleton, Front Controller, Data Access Object, Business Delegate, Service Locator, Transfer Object, and Session Façade patterns.
- Expertise in various components in spring such as IOC, AOP and Spring MVC.
- Extensively used various development tools like Eclipse, IBM Web Sphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD), My Eclipse and NetBeans.
- Expertise in writing SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Cursors, Triggers with Oracle 9i/10g, MySQL and MS-SQL Server.
- Good experience with version controls such as CVS, PVCS, SVN, VSS (Visual Source Safe) and Clear Case.
- Expertise in Web Services Service Oriented Architecture in SOAP and WSDL using JAX-RPC.
- Industry experience includes Financial Services, Insurance, Banking, Medical and Retail Services.
- Well versed with complete Software Development Life Cycle process which includes requirement gathering, designing, developing, testing and implementation.
- Have worked on a full range of Software development projects including the areas of Internet/Intranet, Communications, and Client/Server projects.
- Performed unit testing using JUnit, Integration and deployment of applications done using tools like ANT and Maven and debugging through log4j.
- Excellent Analytical, Problem Solving skills, strict attention to detail and ability to work independently, work within a team environment.
- Data management (MDM/ ETL / Data quality and cleaning / CMDB
Programming Languages: JAVA, C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL
J2EE Technologies: Servlets 2.3/2.4, JSP 1.2/2.0, EJB 1.1/2.0/2.1/3.0 , JSTL, JDBC, JSF 1.1/1.2,RMI 2.0, JNDI, JMS
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML, XSLT, CSS, DOM, SAX, AJAX
IDE Tools: IBM WSAD, Eclipse, MyEclipse, Net Beans, JBuilder, Dreamweaver
Distributed Computing: RMI, EJB 1.0, 1.1 & 2.0
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.0/6.0/7.0,IBM Web Sphere 5.0/5.1/5.1.2 , Web Logic 7.0/8.1, JBoss.
Web Services: JAX-RPC, JAX-WS, JAX-RS(Restful), SOAP, WSDL
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10G, DB 2 7.1/8.2.1/9.1.1 , SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , MY SQL
Methodologies: UML, RUP, Agile, SDLC
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8Vista/XP/2000/NT/98/95,Red Hat Linux, Solaris 10,MAC OS
Frameworks: Struts 1.1/1.2/2.0, Spring 1.0/2.0/2.5, Hibernate 2.0/2.1/3.0, JUnit, Log4j
Batch Scripting: ANT 1.4,1.5,1.6,1.7, Maven
Application: MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash
Other Tools: Putty, CVS, Clear Case, Clear Quest, PVCS
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Developed user interface using Spring MVC, Jakarta Struts 2.0 Framework using JSP 2.0, AJAX and HTML.
- Coded multiple tiers of applications - DAOs, business logic and UI (interactivity, asynchronous calls).
- Implemented ‘Medical Knowledge Checklist’ features using Jakarta Struts 2.0 Framework which is based on MVC Design pattern and validated the information using Struts Validation Framework.
- Involved in fixing the bugs, which were reported by both testing team as well as Customer escalations.
- Used Ajax (JQuery), DOJO to communicate with the server to get the asynchronous response and display it for User name auto-complete feature in pages.
- TIBCO Stream Base is a mature platform in use at some of the world’s largest and most demanding capital markets firms, including CME Group, ConvergEx, BM&FBOVESPA, RBC Capital Markets, and SunGard.
- Implemented consistent exception handling for Portfolio web application so as to log all exceptions in a consistent manner.
- Worked on mapping object from Xml to JAVA and Vice-versa.
- Implemented various design patterns in the project such as Adapter, Business Delegate, Data Transfer Object, Data Access Object, Factory and Service locator.
- Implemented Web Services. These Web Services are consumed by multiple intranet applications.
- Developed the application on IBM RAD 7.5 and deployed it on IBM Web Sphere Application Server (WAS) 7.0.
- Extensively used XML to code configuration files.
- Implemented stand-alone application called 'ErrorLogChecker' which reads all the log files and e-mail the errors and exceptions to the on call inbox.
- Developing database adapter, web services adapter, ftp adapter, messaging adapter and custom workflow for non oracle system using Camel
- Accelerate and streamline MDM, data integration, and data quality projects by reusing business rules
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Responsible for gathering business and functional requirements from the users.
- Actively participated in design and technical discussions.
- Responsibilities include analysis of these various applications, designing of the enterprise applications, co-ordination with client and offshore team, meetings with business users, functional and technical guide to the offshore team, project management.
- Implemented Model View Controller (MVC) architecture for an efficient implementation of the view level customizations and interfaced with theapplication logic.
- Worked with the team members to create High Level design, detailed design to be implemented in Java/J2EE environment and estimate the level of effort.
- Used Struts Framework in the application which is based on MVC design pattern and Struts Validator framework to validate the form data. .
- Developed Action classes and Form beans and configured the struts-config.xml.
- Developed JSP’s, HTML that presents data to the client using JSTL and Tag Libraries.
- Used Apache Axis Service Engine for creating and deploying Web Service clients using SOAP, WSDL.
- Had used Value Object design pattern for exchanging data between the tiers.
- Monitored the error logs using Log4J and fixed the problems.
- Manipulated DB2 for data retrieving and storing using Hibernate.
- Actively involved in deployment EJB service jars, Application war files in WebLogic Application server.
- Worked on ATG commerce
Confidential, Flint, MI
- Involved in designing UML Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, Event diagrams, Activity diagrams and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Designed and developed the application on Eclipse IDE utilizing the Struts framework and MVC Architecture, adopted J2EE best practice using J2EE design patterns.
- Wrote Struts forms and actions for validation of user request data and application functionality.
- Involved in Internal Fund Transfer transactions to process e-deals.
- Worked on an internal web-based application built with Struts 2 Framework using Oracle backend Database, working on establishing the relation for the different beans using the Hibernate.
- Developed user interface using JSP, JSP Tag libraries, Struts Tag libraries and Java Script to simplify the complexities of the application.
- Implementation of Ajax based server-side validation for user input date through online forms. Used DOJO and JSON for Ajax implementation in JSPs, for DHTML handling.
- Validated all forms using Struts validation framework and implemented Tiles framework in the presentation layer.
- Used Hibernate 3.0 in data access layer for data persistency.
- Used Java/J2EE Design patterns like MVC, Factory Method, Singleton, Data Transfer Object (DTO) and Service Locator.
- Developed the Business tier with Stateless and Stateful Session beans with EJB 3.0 standards.
- Analyzed and developed plan integration, web services using Java, WSDL, SOAP, JAXB, and JAX-WS.
- Used ANT scripts to build the application and deployed on Web Sphere Application Server.
- Developed test cases on JUnit. Used Log4J for logging and tracing the messages.
- Worked on LDAP for security and Web Sphere Application Server to develop and run application.
- Used CVS for version control across common source code used by developers.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Discussed with business users and generated the real use cases, sequence and class diagrams for the development of the application
- System was developed using Java, J2EE technologies and open source frameworks and application was implemented using MVC architecture.
- Involved in developing business components using spring frame work.
- Handled development of the middleware (EJB), coding both session and entity beans
- Coded the Servlets for carrying the user inputs and accessing the corresponding EJB
- Involved in the detailed analysis and design of Company Info, Order Entry and Trade Summary modules using UML/Rational Rose
- Developed database access components using JDBC
- Developed Customs tags to display dynamic contents and to avoid large amounts of java code in JSP pages
- Involved in developing presentation components using J2EE and Struts frame work
- Utilized Singleton and Value Object design patterns for clean and effective design and implementation
- Developed Data Access Objects (DAO) for retrieving data for features needing bulk data access
- Used IBM WSAD 5.0 IDE to develop the different J2EE components like EJB’s, Client jars, Web Modules and Application EAR modules
- Setting up the testing environment for testing followed by preparation of test plans. Extensive unit and functional testing
- Provided onsite technical support and resolved coding errors for business critical applications for order entry and customer service, resulting in 36% improvement in quality.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Struts, UML,JDBC, JSP, spring, EJB, HTML, Java Beans, XML, Servlets, WSAD 5.0, MY SQL
JR. Java Developer
- Generated Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams and Request Analysis and Coding.
- Development of User Interface using, JSP and HTML
- Involved in the Login module and Profile Management module.
- Developed server side utilities using Servlets
- Involved in the JDBC queries as part of implementation
- Client side validations are done using Java Script.
- Eclipse IDE for front end development environment.
- Involved in the full life cycle of the project, i.e. from design phase to testing phase.
- Actively participated in Bug analysis and fixing at Integration testing
- Produced unit test plans, prepared test cases and tested various components against them.
- Conducting reviews and Defect Analysis.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Servlets 2.2, JSP 1.1, HTML, JDBC, XML, UML, Oracle 9i, Eclipse IDE, Tomcat, Windows 2000.