- Over 7 years of extensive IT experience in web application analysis, design, development and deployment of enterprise application with strong expertise on Object Oriented JAVA, J2EE and Client Server technologies.
- Strong in J2EE application development using Java, Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC, XML, Struts, Webservices, Spring, Hibernate, JMS, MQ - Series, SOAP, JAX-WS.
- Extensive experience in implementing MVC framework using Struts in J2EE architecture.
- Experience in working on various spring modules (Spring MVC, DAO and AOP) along with Hibernate as the back-end ORM tool for implementation of persistence layer and mapping of POJOs.
- Experience on OOP (Objective Oriented Programming) like Inheritance, polymorphism, Abstraction and Encapsulation.
- Experience in developing J2EE applications on different IDE’s like Eclipse, NetBeans, IBM Web Sphere Studio Application Developer WSAD, Rational Application Developer (RAD), JBuilder.
- Strong Understanding of J2EE design Patterns like Session facade, Singleton, Front Controller, Business delegate, Service Locator, DTO, DAO.
- Good exposure and experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) such as Web Services including SOAP, WSDL, JMS (Java Messaging Service), AJAX and tools like ANT, Junit.
- Experience in developing Use Case Model, Use Case Diagrams, and Class Diagrams, sequence diagrams, collaboration diagrams, state chart diagram and Activity diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Profound Knowledge in configuring and deploying web applications using Tomcat web server and application servers like Web Logic, JBOSS, and developed deployment descriptors for the EJB to deploy on IBM WebSphere.
- Extensively worked on debugging using logging Frameworks such as Apache Log4J.
- Good Understanding of relational database concepts and experience in Query construction using SQL. Extensive experience in writing, editing and maintaining database objects.
- Experience in using RDBMS concepts and worked with Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, DB2 and good experience in writing stored procedures, Functions and Triggers using PL/SQL.
- Experience in utilizing database tools like TOAD to operate on relational databases like Oracle and MySQL.
- Experience in working version control tools like CVS, Clear Case and SVN.
- Excellent analytical, logical and programming skills, Self Motivated, Self-Starter, and can work with minimal supervision with effective Communication skills and Organizational skills combined with attention and Time management skills.
- Willingness and Ability to learn and implement New Technologies wherever necessary.
Languages: C, C++, Java JDK 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, J2SE, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, CSS, DHTML, XML, XSL, XSLT, Java Script, JQuery, ASP, Perl
J2EE Technologies: JDBC, JSP, Servlets, EJB 2.0/3.0, JMS, JNDI, AJAX, JAXB, JAXP, SWT, Swing with drag-n-drop Animation, JPA, AWT, Hibernate 3.0/3.2.5 and Spring
Frameworks/APIs/Tools: Struts 1.2.9, Spring MVC, WEB-SERVICES (SOAP, WSDL,UDDI)
XML: XSL, XSLT, XSD, DTDs, DOM, SAX, JAXB
Database Tools: TOAD
Application Server: Apache Tomcat, SQL Server
Build Tools: ANT, Maven
Version Control Tools: MS Visual Source Safe (VSS), Apache Subversion (SVN)
Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, UML
Testing Tools: Software Quality Assurance (SQA) tools - Mercury Quality Center, Junit
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g, SQL Server, MYSQL, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. J2EE Developer
- Involved in Analysis, Design, and Implementation of software applications using Java, J2EE, XML and XSLT and WebServices (SOAP, WSDL).
- Implemented J2EE design patterns like Singleton and Session Façade.
- Developed Façade classes to encapsulate the business logic and hide the implementation details of the data access classes and EJBs.
- Developed Action Classes, Action Form Classes, created JSPs using Struts tag libraries and configured in Struts-config.xml, Web.xml files.
- Involved java multithreading to cascade multiple changes on multiple records in only one transaction and developed a batch process framework.
- Designed, developed and maintained the data layer using Hibernate and performed configuration of Struts Application Framework.
- Used JSF framework with AJAX in developing user interfaces using JSF UI Components, RIA components, Validator, Events and Listeners.
- Implemented the Struts frame work with MVC architecture.
- Developed middle-tier application with J2EE using Servlet, EJB, Java Beans and Web Services Standards (SOAP, WSDL, UDDI).
- Developed DAOs (Data Access Object) using Hibernate as ORM to interact with DBMS - Oracle.
- Created XML Schema, XML template and used XML SAX/DOM API to parse them.
- Applied J2EE design patterns like Business Delegate, DAO, and Singleton etc.
- Deployed and tested the application using Web logic application server.
- Involved in coding, code reviews, Junit testing, Prepared and executed Unit Test Cases.
- Implemented and used Web Services with the help of WSDL, SOAP and JAX-WS to get updates from the third parties.
- Used Log4j for External Configuration Files and debugging.
- Designed various tables required for the project in Oracle 10g database and used the Stored Procedures in the application.
- Wrote and debugged the ANT Scripts for building the entire web application.
- Used CVS for version control across common source code used by developers.
- Worked with QA team in preparation and review of test cases.
Environment: Java EE 6, Servlets, Spring3.0, JAXB, IBM MQ Series, XML, XSL, XSD, CSS,PVCS, Java Script, AJAX, MVC,HTML, Multithreading, Eclipse, JUnit, HttpUnit, JTS, UNIX, Hibernate, Oracle11g.
Sr. J2EE Developer
- Involved in System Analysis and Design methodology as well as Object Oriented Design and development using OOAD methodology to capture and model business requirements.
- Responsible for Object Oriented Design using Enterprise Architect.
- Review and guide the application architects with Object Oriented Design using Rational Unified Process (RUP) using Enterprise Architect.
- Implemented the web-based application following theMVC IIarchitecture using Struts Framework.
- Developed front-end components using JSP,StrutsTiles layout.
- Implemented J2EE patterns like,Data Access Object, Session facade, Business Delegateand Value Object.
- Implemented the service layer using Spring 2.5 with transaction and logging interceptors.
- Used spring framework for middle tier and spring-hibernate for data access.
- Extensively worked on theStrutsDAO module and ORM using Hibernate.
- Extensively developed User defined Custom JSP tags to separate presentation from application logic.
- Designed and developedWeb Services (SOAP, WSDL).Created and compiledXML Schemato generateJava Beanclasses usingAxis.
- Installation, Configuration & administration of WebLogic and JBOSS application Servers.
- Designed and developed usedXSLTtransformation components to convert data from XML to HTML, Used XML DOM API for parsing XML.
- Involved in writing SQL, Stored procedure and PLSQL for back end. Used Views and Functions at the Oracle Database end. Developed thePL/SQLscripts for rebuilding the application Oracle Database.
- Used ANT for compilation and building JAR, WAR and EAR files.
- Used Log4J for logging and tracing the messages.
- Involved in unit testing using Junit.
- Project coordination with other Development teams, System managers and web master and developed good working environment.
Environment: Java EE 5, JSP, Servlets, JSF, Spring DI/IOC, Hibernate, XML, HTML, JDBC, Oracle 10g, Web services, Rational Software Architect, Web sphere Application Server, UNIX, Junit, Maven, Log4J, SVN.
- Effectively interacted with team members and business users for requirements gathering.
- Understanding functional specifications and documenting technical design documents.
- Used Spring MVC to decouple business logic and view components.
- Involved in the integration of spring for implementing Dependency Injection (DI/IOC).
- Developed the Business Logic using Plain Old Java Objects (POJOs).
- Developed Graphical User Interfaces using HTML and JSP’s for user interaction.
- Used JSON for data exchange between application modules along with XML.
- Used Direct Web Remoting, Spring JDBC Template and Spring DAO’s Support classes for JDBC.
- Created set of classes using DAO pattern to decouple the business logic and data.
- Used various Core Java concepts such as Multi Threading, Exception Handling, Collection APIs to implement various features and enhancements.
- Consumed Web Services for transferring data between different applications.
- Involved in coding, maintaining, and administering Servlets, and JSP components to be deployed on a WebSphere Application server application server.
- Interfaced with the DB2/400 back-end database using Hibernate Framework and XML configuration files.
- Used Hibernate, object/relational-mapping (ORM) solution, technique of mapping data representation from MVC model to Oracle Relational data model with a SQL schema.
- Developed Web Services using XML messages that use SOAP. Developed Web Services for Payment Transaction and Payment Release.
- Built scripts using Ant to build the J2EE application.
- Developed the application using RAD as the IDE and used its features for editing, debugging, compiling, formatting, build automation and version control (CVS).
- Wrote test cases in JUnit for unit testing of classes and implemented the logging using Log4j.
- Used CVS version control to track and maintain the different version of the application.
Confidential, Aliso Viejo, CA
- Participated in development phases of the project with major emphasis on coding and unit testing of the modules.
- Development methodology used was the agile methodology. Process included iterative development, 2 week sprints, and daily stand.
- Developed the presentation layer on Struts framework using Servlets and JSP.
- Used Eclipse for developing web components such as JSP, Controller tier that includes action classes.
- Designed and developed the business logic components using facade design pattern.
- Created war/ear files and deployed them on WebSphere application server.
- Developed various stored procedures, functions, and packages and materialized views along with JDK and JDBC for backend and middle level data access layer between Java and Oracle in OLTP application.
- Developed PL/SQL stored procedures to perform complex database operations.
- Prepared Test Case document to test the required functionalities.
- Performed Unit as well as integration testing for all the modules.
- Created Technical documentation as per the company standards.
- Used Ant scripts to fetch, build and deploy the application to development environment.
- Enhanced the system with change requests and coordinating with business and development team.
- Interacted with DBAs, Data Architects, Application Team, Infrastructure team.
- Used web services for transmission of large blocks of XML data over HTTP.
- Created UML diagrams (use case, class, sequence, and collaboration) based on the business requirements.
- Involved in designing and developing dynamic web pages using HTML and JSP with Struts tag libraries.
- Designed JSP layout using Struts Tiles Framework.
- Implemented PL/SQL queries and used Oracle stored procedures, and built-in functions to retrieve and update data from the databases.
- Used Hibernate Framework for object relational mapping and persistence.
- Interfaced with the Oracle back-end using Hibernate Framework and XML config files.
- Used Eclipse for the development environment.
- Wrote Junit test cases to test the functionality of each method in the DAO layer.
- Used CVS for version control.
- Configured and deployed the web application using WebLogic Application Server.
- Used Rational ClearQuest for tracking errors and bugs in the project source code.
- Prepared technical reports and documentation manuals for efficient program development.
- Analyzed requirements and optimized the test design to include minimal number of test cases.
- Performed unit testing of web applications using Junit and Selenium.
- Validated new patches in an agile environment, using functional and regression testing.
- Delivered a white-box tested network diagnostic tool for WOOSH. The entire testing activity was carried out single handedly. The tool was completely defect-free in live environment.
- Executed Network orders, which required good understanding of the process and involved interactions with the component team, design team and integration team.
- Involved in user demos, defect reporting and tracking activities using Quality Center.
- Trained and mentored new recruits in software QA procedures. Acted as the knowledge management anchor, configuration controller and defect prevention anchor for various projects.
Environment: Junit, Selenium, TOAD, Quality Center.