- Over 7 years of experience in software development industry including 4 years of Mobile Apps Development experience for Android using Android SDK, IntelliJ IDEA and 3 years of experience in Java application development.
- Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with implementing design, development, debugging, and development phases of the requisite software.
- Proficient with Android application development lifecycle from application creation to deployment in Google Play Store.
- Proficient with Android SDK versions Lollipop (Android version 5.0 and above).
- Linking and displaying data on Android devices from server by using JSON parsing.
- Experience in Android fundamentals such as Activities, Layouts, Fragments, Lifecycles, Services, Broadcast Receivers, Widgets, Toasts, Snackbar, and supporting multiple screens sizes and configurations.
- Knowledge of using Content Providers, Parcelable, Notifications, Camera and Permissions.
- Knowledge with wide variety of Android third party libraries such as Retrofit, OKHttp, GSON for network calls, Dagger and Butterknife for dependency injection, Picasso and Glide for managing image resources, and EventBus for simplifying communication between components.
- Experience in the latest Android Pie Beta APIs.
- Working knowledge of Unit testing using JUnit, Mockito, Hamcrest.
- Knowledge of using version control systems such as GitHub for version tracking and deployment, and comfortable working in continuous integration - continuous development environment.
- Exposed to using JIRA, creating user stories for proper documentation, and actively participating in stand-up meetings.
- Exposed to Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
Operating System: Android, Windows, iOS
Mobile Technology: Android
Software Development: Android Studio, Intellij, Visual Studio
Text Editors: Notepad, Notepad++, Sublime
Databases: Realm, SQLite Database
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Collaborating with designers on a regular basis to implement the best Android user experience possible.
- Developed user-friendly user interfaces using widgets like recyclerviews, cardviews, fragments, custom views and selection widgets like spinners as per project needs.
- Integrated camera for capturing images of the card and other documents.
- Making restful service calls at the various stages of the app development cycle and parsing JSON responses back from the web servers using Retrofit 2.0/OkHttp3.
- Worked with fragments to support orientation change.
- Added Marshmallow permissions to access the location and worked with Google Maps Android API V2 to display the nearby ATM locations based on user geolocation.
- Optimized notification views by adding viewpager and recyclerview.
- Used third party libraries like Retrofit for providing powerful framework for authenticating and interacting with API's and sending network requests, and used Butter Knife to inject views.
- Extensively worked on designing the layouts that is compatible with screens with different resolutions.
- Responsible for testing the application in the stage, code review, fixing the bugs and providing post-production support.
- Implemented Git for code management and JIRA for bug tracking and project management.
- Worked in CI/CD environment to deliver quality applications and code to the user.
Environment: Android, Android Studio IDE, Windows, Java, GPS, Google Maps API V2, REST, Jira, Retrofit, Butter Knife, JSON, Git.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Involved in architecture and development of whole multi-lingual setup for the application.
- Optimized the application and created several tests in the application.
- Involved in developing code, which support multiple portals for different countries.
- Implemented social sign in to the application using Facebook SDK and Google Sign-In.
- Implemented recyclerview for animation support and added click listeners to each event.
- Implemented view pager and tab layouts to optimize the user experience from visiting different pages.
- Implemented SharedPreferences for ‘remember me’ feature on login page.
- Implemented notifications for showing latest deals using NotificationCompatManager.
- Used Intent Service to fetch list of hotels from user search input.
- Collaborated with technology and product leads on multi-threaded roadmap to support multiple business departments, and made sure we worked towards collective, metric-driven goals.
- Helped to analyze, improve and automate existing processes. Continually evaluate tools and technologies to improve the overall integration, build, and release processes.
Environment: Java, Android Studio IDE, Google Maps, JSON, Retrofit, OkHttp
Confidential, New York, NY
- Used Android SDK, Java to design UI with different layouts and widgets corresponding to various resolutions and different orientations.
- Developed user-friendly interface for the library of magazines.
- Involved in creating reusable component with fragment for different resolution devices and different orientation of landscape and portrait.
- Used JSON to communicate between server and application.
- Used AsyncTask to invoke web services in the background thread like downloading sample of a book.
- Implemented list views and array adapters to display the list of magazines, new releases etc.
- Implemented OnItemClickListener for various books and magazines in the list.
- Implemented scroll view to view entire content for different tabs of each magazine.
Environment: Java, Android Studio, Android SDK, JSON, Android API’s
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Used JDBC to invoke stored procedures and database connectivity.
- Developed JUnit test cases for all the developed modules.
- Involved in the complete life cycle of the project from the requirements to the production.
- Setting up daily status meetings with team and communicate status to Project Manager.
- Worked with server admin and deployed the application on to the production and stage servers.
Environment: Java, FileZilla, Junit, JQuery
Core Java Developer
Confidential, Natick, MA
- Used core java concepts and multithreading to develop desktop application.
- Developed workflow control and DAO pattern for getting database connections from the connection pool.
- Involved in designing and implementing complex SQL queries, procedures, and packages.
- Developed and delivered presentations, process standards and documentation guidelines for the application modules.
- Actively involved in the analysis, design, and development and testing phases of application using Agile methodology.