- Professional Android mobile application developer with a Master’s degree, 7 yearsin software development including 4 years ofAndroid and 3 years of Java inbroad range of industries.
- Possessing creative, analytical, detail oriented dedication, and stellar communication skills.
- Adept at blending well with team of 10+developersin each project and committed to creating efficient and viable android mobile solutions for clients beyond their deployment on Google Play Store.
- Accustomed to working in matrixed scrum teams, utilizing agile methodologies in conceptualizing an application’s solution, to optimize its performance, responsiveness and quality.
- Mastery in object - oriented programming(OOP) principles, algorithms, SLDC mechanisms, state-of-art design patterns.
- Perform UI design using XML layouts and Android widgets.
- Experience with Eclipse, Android Studio, Gradle build tool.
- Experience of incorporating applications with Google APIs, Parse API, geo-coding API and Google Maps API, RESTful APIs to parse JSON data using background Services, Receivers, Binders, shared ps, Event BUS.
- Experience with SQLite, Content Providers, Jenkins, Trello, Git.
- Experience around usage of material design and play store guidelines.
- Knowledge of developing in MVC, MVP or MVVM architectures.
- Understands the know-how of libraries such as OkHttp, Butterknife, Picasso, Glide, ZXing, Dagger, Retrofit for Android.
- Experience with Android/Java, Android Activity, Fragment and UI Layout, Android UI frameworks, multithreading, thread synchronization, and battery-life optimization.
- Good experience of networking with AsyncTasks and HttpConnection and loaders, List view recyclers, Recycler Views, Search Views, view pager, observers.
- Implement effective navigation using Navigation Drawer and Swipe Views with tabs
- Experience with Audio Player with Android Media Store, Social media integration with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- User Interface experience with interface builder, styles, layouts and handling different device orientations and image quality.
- Testing experience using Junit, TDD, unit testing and related frameworks.
- Kind, creative, and mature.
Languages: Java, MatLab, SQL, C, C++
Operating Systems: Android, Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OSx
Web Services: RESTful APIs
Storage: SQLite, JSON
Software: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite
Tools: Eclipse, Git, GitHub, Trello, JIRA, Android Studio, Gradle
Frameworks: Android SDK
Paradigms: Unit Testing, Agile Software Development, Continuous Integration (CI)
Libraries/APIs: Picasso, Google Maps, Retrofit, Butterknife
Android Mobile Application Developer
Confidential, State Park, PA
- Worked in an Agile work environment to develop code using Jira tracking tool and Jenkins for continuous integration and delivery.
- Involved in modifying the code base to MVVM architecture and UI as per Material design guidelines.
- Used the Butterknife library as view binding tool, OkHttp3 and Retrofit for network operations.
- On the XML side, worked on the DrawerLayout and embedding SearchView widget within the NavigationView.
- Added functionality to do Location search and storing past results in ListView.
- Worked on the XML and Java sections of the “Now” screen with widgets such as NestedScrollView, SwipeRefreshLayout and with ViewPagerAdapter, CardViewPager to retrieve and populate views with the current JSON response of the search result.
- Worked on the XML and Java sections of “News” fragment to fill the RecyclerView items with trending video clips using Picasso library for hassle-free video loading while separating each with DividerItemDecoration view.
- Occasionally did JUnit testing.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Worked in an Agile work environment to develop code using JIRA and Jenkins.
- Involved in modifying the code base to MVP architecture and UI as per Material design guidelines.
- Extensively worked on the Barcode scanner feature, Accounts activities and fragments. Implemented search function and corresponding request and response UI.
- Improved the layout of the Shop p section with radio button.
- Worked with 3rd party libraries as Butterknife, Glide and Retrofit and OkHttp to consume Forever21 APIs.
- Contributed in the code for setting up the new toolbar as Actionbar for implementing collapsed menu.
- Contributed in implementing permissions, broadcast receivers, notifications for publishing new offers and sales information.
- Worked on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Participated in publishing updates to the Play Store
Jr Android Mobile Application Developer
Confidential, Burlingame, CA
- Implementing Activities and Fragments, particularly related to the Signing-in, Signing-up, Booking, and Setting activities for new members.
- Implemented permissions, android attributes related to the Activities.
- Extensively worked with designing the XML layouts with RelativeLayout, LinearLayout, etc.
- Worked on HTTP to handle network requests and responses.
- Responsible for implementing Navigation bar.
- Participated in publishing updates to the Play Store.
- Fixing the bugs identified in the test phase.
Core Java Developer
Confidential, Santa Barbara Area, CA
- Work with an Agile, matrixed project team of 25 which handled the development and maintenance.
- Designed the application using Spring MVC framework to wire different components to the application.
- Used Java Beans, Servlets, Action classes, Action Forms as Model, JSP, Struts tag libraries, JSTL, as View & Action Servlet as a Controller.
- Used SOAP as a XML-based protocol for web service operation invocation. Used Git for revision control.
- Joined in for technical issues clarification, mentoring interns, creating documentation, revising application specifications.
- Worked with different personnel to gather application requirements
- Assisted in unit testing, system testing and integration testing.
Junior Java Developer / Web Developer
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
- Worked with core Java business components and services including Soap and RMI.
- Assisted on troubleshooting, validating software issues by using debugging and coding techniques.
- Provided customer support to remote clients using a support e-ticketing system.
- Performed system administration for hosting server and client software.
- Assisted on developing JSPs and Servlet.
- Utilized GIT/Stash as a repository for the application project folders, JIRA for trouble tickets.