- 8+ years of experience in Design, Development, Implementation, Deployment and Maintenance of Java & J2EE web and client server - based applications.
- Hands on experience on Spring Core Annotations for Dependency Injection Spring DI and Spring MVC for REST API s and Spring Boot for micro-services.
- Expertise in Core Java concepts, such as Object-Oriented Design (OOD)/Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) skills, Multi-Threading, Generics, Exception Handling, Collections, Java Reflection, Annotation and some other features in Java 8.
- Have hands on experience in design and development of Java, J2EE, Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC, JSF, Spring, Struts, XML, XSD, XSLT, X-Path, Java Script, Web Services, WSDL, REST/SOAP, HIBERNATE, SPRING 3.5, PL/SQL, Restful, Log4j, JAX-RPC, JAX-WS, RMI, JTA, JMS, SQL
- Experience in developing Web Services using XML, WSDL, SOAP, XSD and JAX-WS.
- Experience in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Experience in integrating multiple components using web services. Hands on experience using the SOAP, WSDL, JAX-RPC, JAX-WS JAXP, XML Beans and JAXB technologies.
- Diverse experience with implementing web applications using varied web servers like the WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat and JBoss Application Servers on Windows/Unix/Linux platforms.
- Experience with ORM mapping tools like Hibernate and IBatis, which implements Java Persistence API (JPA).
- Expertise in DB Design, DB normalization and writing SQL queries & PL/SQL- Stored Procedures, Functions, Joins, Triggers, Sequences, Indexes and Views etc.
- Experience with build tool ANT, Maven and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Extensive working knowledge in building the projects using Water Fall, RUP, V models and Agile Practices like Test Driven Development (TTD), Scrum, Sprint.
- Used JIRA and Rally tool for tracking stories progress and defect tracking in production.
- Used Version control systems like SVN, Source Tree and Git.
- Wrote comprehensive test cases and test plans for unit and functional testing and automated using JUnit, JMock, Easy Mock, and Mockito.
- Having Experience on UNIX commands and Deployment of Applications in Server.
- Ability to work effectively on the Linux and OSX platforms.
- Knowledge of utilizing cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
- Participated in design reviews, code reviews and quality audits.
- Proficient in gathering user requirements and converting them into software requirement specifications with UML class and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Experience with Interacting with clients directly at the time of requirement analysis and design reviews.
- Worked with offshore team in getting the work done within the deliverable timelines.
- Having Experience in production support with call activities.
- Quick learner and excellent team-player with strong personal and group communication.
Platforms: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Unix
Programming: Java, C, C++, .Net, Python
Server Scripting: JSP1.2,2.1, JSP-EL, JSTL, Custom Tags, NodeJS
Java Frameworks: Struts 1.2, Struts 2.1, Spring MVC, DI, Spring AOP, JSF 2.1, GWT
Databases: DB2, MS-SQL Server, HSQLDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Mongo DB
Security: JAAS, Spring Security
Version Control: Tortoise SVN, Rational ClearCase, GitHub, CVS
IDEs: Eclipse 4.7, IntelliJ, NetBeans.
Build Tools: ANT 1.7,1.8,1.9, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins
XML Technologies: XHTML XSLT, JAXP, JDOM, SAX, DOM, XPATH, XPOINTER, XML, XSD, DTD
Webservice Specificat: JAX-RPC, JAX-WS, JAX-RS
Webservice Implementations: Axis 1.0,2.1, JWSDP2.1, Sun Metro, Sun Jersey, Apache XFire, Apache CXF, Jackson.
Testing: JUnit 3, JUnit 4, DBUnit, JUnitPerf, HttpUnit, LoadTest, Spock testing, Selenium, Cucumber, EasyMock, PowerMock, JBehave, SoapUI
Application Servers: WebLogic 8.1, 10.0, WebSphere, JBoss 4.0, Glassfish 4.0
UML Tools: Altova UML Model, Rational Enterprise, MS Visio
ORM Frameworks: Hibernate 3.0,3.1,4.1, TopLink, OpenJPA, MyBatis
Methodologies: Agile (XP, Scrum), Rational Unified Process(RUP), Waterfall, Kanban.
Batch Jobs: Quartz Scheduler, Spring Batch
Cloud Computing: AWS - EC2, Elastic Bean Stalk, Lambda, RDS, S3, Dynamo DB, SNS, IAM.
Micro Services: Swagger, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Spring Micro Services, Spring boot, Netflix Eureka
Confidential, Portland, OR
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer & Full Stack Developer
- Developed the application using the iterative incremental software development process of SCRUM technology. Worked in Agile scrum with 4-week sprints.
- Gathered and clarified requirements with business analyst to feed into high-level customization design, development and installation phases.
- Developed application based on Spring MVC Framework.
- Used spring core for dependency Injection/Inversion of control (IOC), and Integrated Spring MVC and Hibernate.
- Used AJAX extensively to implement front end /user interface features in the application.
- Developed Application to asses JSON and XML from Restful web service from consumer side using Angular.JS
- Implemented jQuery Plugin implementation: - Banner, Slider, Tabs, jQuery Dropdown, Image Gallery.
- Developed using Hibernate mappings, HQL, Query, Criteria, Lazy loading Transactions and Locking.
- Designed and developed several Spring RESTful web services which produces different response types including JSON, XML and are consumed by different front-end applications.
- Deploy and maintain Spring Cloud with Pivotal Cloud Foundry on AWS Cloud
- Configured AWS EC2 instances, domain mapping via Route53
- Created and injected Spring services, Spring controllers and DAOs to achieve dependency injection and to wire objects of business classes
- Developed Stored Procedures, triggered stored procedures using Hibernate in secondary project, involved in developing Programmatic transactions using Hibernate.
- Extensively worked on Session Beans, JMS and EJB-MDB’s for messaging mechanism.
- Developed the application security using Spring Security and integrated with LDAP and Active Directory.
- Spring AOP is used for logging, auditing, transaction management to distinguish business logic from the cross-cutting concerns.
- Implemented custom Directives and structural Directives using Angular 2 and developed code on TypeScript and ES6 to implement Angular 2 Components
- Involved in developing nightly scheduled jobs using Spring Batch module.
- Worked with Spring JMS templates to send and receive XML messages through IBM Web Sphere MQ.
- Involved in designing and developing XSD’s and WSDL files for hosting and consuming web services. XML to Java mapping was done using JAXB.
- Used Log4j utility to generate run-time logs.
- Used Maven and Jenkins tools for automatic building and deploying the Web applications.
- Used JIRA tool for tracking stories progress and follow agile methodology and sprint planning.
- Used GIT version control system to check-in and check-out and review using pull requests.
- Involved in production support, system integration testing, performance testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Designed and developed Application based on Spring Framework using MVC design pattern.Developed web services in Java and Experienced with SOAP, WSDL.
- Involved in all the phases of SDLC including Requirements Collection, Design & Analysis of the Customer Specifications, Development and Customization of the Application.
- To provide Java Rest based Micro Services for use by internal Confidential teams.
- Developed JSP to dynamically generate HTML and display the data to the client side. Extensively used JSP tag libraries.
- Developed the application using Eclipse IDE.
- Utilize Camel to integrate micro services with other micro services and RabbitMQ messaging exchanges.
- Developed Session Beans to process requests from the user and used entity beans to retrieve and update customer information.
- Used Spring Security for Authentication and authorization extensively.
- Used Spring Core for dependency injection/Inversion of control (IOC).
- Written and debugged the ANT Scripts for building the entire web application.
- Used XML to transfer the application data between client and server.
- XSLT style sheets for the XML data transformations.
- Participated in designing Web service framework in support of the product.
- Used Spring Batch for scheduling and maintenance of batch jobs.
- Deployed the application in various environments DEV, QA and Production.
- Used Data Access Objects (DAO) to abstract and encapsulate all access to the data source.
- Implemented exception handling in Java Spring boot for REST API, by making use of ExceptionHandler and ControllerAdvice annotations.
- Loaded multiple NOSQL databases including MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Couchbase, HBase and Cassandra.
- Development of MQ application programs for Java JMS environments using queues and messages. Working with JMS Handling and managing exception conditions.
- Performed purification of the application database entries using Oracle 10g.
- Used GIT and Bit Bucket as source control.
- Used JUnit to write repeatable tests mainly for unit testing and testing REST API with JBehave.
- Involved in complete development of ‘Agile Development Methodology’ and tested the application in each iteration.
- Involved E2E Development by integrating Front End and Backend by Debugging.
Environment: - Java 1.7, JSP, Java EE 6,Spring 2.0, Microservices, JNDI, JSTL,HTML5,CSS,Java Script, JDBC, Spring MVC, Servlets, Web Services, Spring Boot, JBoss EAP 6.0,Log4J, Oracle 11i, SQL,SQL Developer, TOAD, XML Pad, SOAP UI,SOAP,XML,XSD,JAXB,Axis2,Java Script, Restful, DB2, CSS, HTML, AJAX, jQuery, Backbone JS,Node.JS, JUnit 4, JBehave, Mockito, and Cucumber, SVN, MyBatis, Eclipse 3.5, Squirrel Client 2.5, MongoDB, Hudson, Rally, Maven, Mongo DB
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Worked with business analysts to understand the requirements.
- Developed UML models consisting of Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio to model the application
- Designed and developed some of the core modules like Add Pay, Automatic Payments, Account Transfer, and Payment Activity & History.
- Used Struts Framework extensively for Controller components and view components.
- Validated all forms using Struts validation framework and implemented Tiles framework in the presentation layer.
- Involved in developing front end using Struts tags, Struts view components, JSTL, JSP, JSON, jQuery, CSS and Html.
- Extensively used spring modules like Dependency Injection (DI), Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) to invoke dependencies and cross cutting concerns.
- Used Java Messaging Services (JMS) and Backend Messaging for reliable and asynchronous exchange of essential information such as payment status report.
- Hibernate was used in the persistence layer of the project to store and retrieve the data from the database.
- Creating the project startup UI i.e.generic XHTML facelet templates, CSS, generic JSF validators and converters, backing beans, reference beans, phase listeners etc.
- Creating custom JSF Facelet tags for error handling, true/false markers etc.
- Involved in writing Thread Safe blocks for multithread access to make valid transactions.
- Hibernate Query Language (HQL), Named Queries, and Criteria Queries used to interact with the database.
- Developed and Maintained Perl based vulnerability scanning engine used inSaaSsecurity model
- Responsible for designing XSDs and WSDL files using XML Spy.
- JAXB was used to convert from XML to Java Objects and vice versa.
- Design patterns are extensively used to achieve clean separation of different layers. Used different patterns like MVC pattern, DAO pattern, and singleton.
- CVS was used for project management and version management.
- Implemented SOA to develop Web services using JAX-WS and Exposed the Web Services to the client applications by sharing the WSDL’s.
- Involved in JUnit Testing, Integration Testing, debugging, and bug fixing.
- Involved in production support and monitor the production logs to fix some critical issues.
- Involved in the entire software development cycle spanning requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, building, testing, and deployment.
Environment: - Java 1.6, JSP, JSF 1.2/2.0, Struts 1.3.10, Hibernate 3.0, jQuery, AJAX, jQuery UI, CSS, HTML, Oracle 10g, Java Script, JNDI, JDBC, Java EE 5, XSD, XML,WSDL, PERL(5.8), Restful, SOAP, Apache Tomcat 5, IBM WebSphere 7.0,JMS,CVS,Rational Application Developer 7.5, JUnit, Struts Tiles, MS Visio, Windows, Log 4j, XML Spy, SOAP UI, SQL Developer, Putty, CVS.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Worked with Agile Scrum methodology with daily scrums, sprint planning sessions and implementing the functionality through sprint tasks.
- Involved in developed different applications using Struts MVC framework, Servlets and JSP.
- Used Struts Framework extensively for Controller components and view components.
- Extensively used Struts validations frame work and java script for validating user input data. Used Strut stiles for common look and feel for a web application.
- Developed rich user interface using JSP, Struts, JSTL, CSS, Html and Java Script.
- Developed service layer Using Spring, persistence layer using Hibernate.
- Extensively worked on various features of Hibernate such as Associations, Lazy loading and Hibernate Query Language (HQL).
- Worked on SOA and Web services to get the data from third party systems.
- Responsible for resolving the critical issues in the production system.
- Developed complex SQL scalar queries to perform efficient data retrieval operations.
- Developed Unit, Integration and Performance Test Cases using JUnit, RFT and Easy Mock.
- Performed the business, System/Integration testing. Responsible for fixing the defects in UAT and PROD.
- Developed the custom build scripts using Ant tool.
Environment: - Web Logic 10, Java 5.0, Struts 1.2, Hibernate 3.3, JAXB, WSDL 2.0, SOAP 1.1,JDBC, JSP, Servlets, JSTL, Web Services, Eclipse, Ant 1.6.1, SOAP UI, Log4J, Oracle 10g, Java Script, CSS, HTML,, AJAX, SVN, Windows XP, Java EE 5,Linux, LDAP, JUnit 4,Easy Mock, RFT,TOAD, Squirrel Client 2.5, JAXB, Soap UI, CVS.
- Developed application through water fall model and involved in requirement gathering, design, development, and testing and deployment phases.
- Created UML sequence and class diagrams using rational rose as part of application design artifacts.
- Web pattern is developed using MVC pattern, controller is a servlet and used JSP
- Applied common CSS for standardization of the UI screens.
- Used jQuery for client-side validations and HTML DOM manipulation.
- AJAX for the asynchronous calls to get JSON through jQuery Ajax method calls.
- Involved in Rest web service creation for retrieving partner data through JAX-RX implementation.
- Used Spring ORM framework for DAO layer to access the ORACLE database.
- Developed and debugged the application using Eclipse IDE.
- Used Web Logic application sever to deploy the application.
- Involved in developing Unit, System and Integration test.
- Used putty to connect QA servers and to deploy the war file using Linux commands.
- Application builds using Maven.
- Created Junit test cases for unit testing.
- Created ADD(Application Design Document) and participated in design reviews.
Environment: - Core java, JSP, HTML, Bootstrap CSS, jQuery, MVC, JDBC, Rest, Soap, Web Logic, SVN, Maven, Junit, Eclipse.
- Assisted in analyzing clients’ technical requirements.
- Assisted in designing, building and maintaining database.
- Provided support to end users by troubleshooting bugs within the application.
- Developed UI screens using HTML, CSS, JSP, jQuery.
- Implemented Client-side validations using jQuery.
- Participate in development and implementation of smaller modules into larger ones
- Used the exception handling and log4j to troubleshoot the problem easily when issues come.
- Identification of the relevant test cases and automated all the unit test cases during SDLC phase.
- Application is deployed on WebLogic server.
- Implemented JDBC in DAO for interacting with database.
Environment: Core java, JSP, HTML, CSS, Servlets, JDBC, Soap, Web Logic, SVN, Maven, MySQL, Log4j UML.