- Over 8 years of experience in Information Technology with Software Quality Assurance Testing of Web Based and Client/Server applications in Manual Testing as well as Automation testing using Java with Selenium in real time and unattended testing environment across multiple operating systems and technologies. Banking, Retail, Insurance.
- Sound Knowledge in QA Testing Methodologies like Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall, V - Model etc. hands on Experience in Insurance, Banking, Ecommerce, and Telecom Industries. Domain knowledge in Mobile, Health Care, Inventory management, Sales and Distributions with ERP solutions.
- Extensive experience in Requirements gathering, Functional and Technical Specifications, Business Analysis, QA, documentation, Test plans, Test Strategy, Test Cases, Integration, Regression and performance testing.
- Experience of working extensively in Agile Testing Environment (Agile /scrum model) and good expertise in attending Scrum calls, Sprint Planning, Reviews and retrospective meetings.
- Good Understanding on calculating capacity, analyzing User Stories and acceptance criteria in agile methodology.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks using Java, C#, Selenium WebDriver, RC, Junit, TestNG, Maven, ANT, Hudson, Jenkins tools.
- Implemented Keyword, Data Driven framework, Hybrid framework, and advanced Framework Behavioral Driven Development (BDD).
- Experience in working with Test Driven development (TDD/BDD) by writing gherkins language in cucumber tool, Specflow, creating Feature files, step definitions, Runner files.
- Automating Angular JS applications by using Protractor, Jasmine and Karma using Java script.
- Developing. spec and .config files for various scenarios in Protractor/Jasmine using “describe, it and expect”
- Using Maven Build Tool performed compiling of class, setting up Selenium2.0, downloadJavaClient Libraries, create project, creating pom.xmlwithartifacts and dependencies.
- Using Jenkins achieved Continues Integration and continues Delivery, performed Background jobs and analyzed the pass or failed criteria in QA Environment
- Used Git and Git hub tools for maintaining the version controlling. Also integrated with Jenkins to run the latest version of code in the background.
- Local repository and central repository maintained using Push, Pull, and Clone commands maintained the code files.
- Well versed with Functional Testing (Unit Testing, Smoke testing, Integration Testing (Top Down, Bottom up Testing), Integration Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, and User Acceptance Testing, Black box testing, Performance and System Testing.
- Experience in creation and execution of Test plans, Test Script and Test Cases for both Manual and Automated Testing.
- Dealing with High level business quality, validating the client source system and targets data i.e. Finance systems, Mortgage, Medical Equipment’s, Ecommerce, Insurance.
- Extensively used Mercury Interactive Tools for testing the functional behavior of the application.
- Used external jars Jxl and Apache poi API's to get the test data from Excel sheets.
- Strong Experience in executing SQL queries to validate the data in the backend as part of Database Testing.
- Excellent working knowledge of designing & implementation of all QA test strategy plans manually and automated test solutions for client/server and Web applications with Mercury Interactive test suite.
- Also, ERP systems integration test and data validation from client systems. Extensive Knowledge of validating the reports generated for client i.e. Congo’s, and Business Objects and BODS integration.
- Challenged to Sales force cloud applications in the real business world, tested the applications whether they connecting to the existing servers or not.
- Experience in testing Web Services-SOA architecture, RPCs, XML transactions, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST using various industry standard tools like SOAP UI.
- Using SOAP UI Tool performed cross-platform Functional Testing involving XML messages, constructing different field values, data and validating HTTP Request and HTTP Response.
- Validated the data from the source systems and different databases, by sending the requests Using Soap UI, Ready API and Rest web services then captured the response from them.
- Extensively used Quality Center for specifying requirements, updating Test Cases, application testing status reporting, maintaining Test scripts and observing traceability.
- Tested applications developed in Mainframe, Java, and Visual Basic and so on.
- Involved in analyzing business and technical requirements and workflow of Software Development Life Cycle-SDLC.
- Updated skills with Mobile Web Automation Framework Angular JS in Jasmine, Protractor using this testing the AJAX components.
- Coordinate with developers, BAs and the operation team during the project life cycle.
- Selenium IDE
- Selenium WebDriver
- Selenium Grid
- Git, GitHub, SVN
- Jenkins, CI/CD
- Rest Assured
- SOAP UI/Ready API
- Oracle/SQL Server
- QC(ALM), Rally, JIRA
Confidential, Long Island, NY
SDET (Java Selenium Automation developer)
- Involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Agile methodology.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Used to identify object locators and creating X-path using Fire-bug and had Good knowledge of Page factory and POM in selenium, Worked with Log4J, apache POI Library, J-unit.
- Automated Web Services using Rest Assured using Java in eclipse.
- Automated angularJs application module using protractor and Jasmine and created specs for various functional scenarios.
- Expertise in Smoke testing, black-box testing, white-box, Integration testing, Database testing, regression testing and GUI software testing.
- Used Hybrid, Keyword/Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- DevelopedBDDtests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in Java for Cucumber.
- Involved in Scratch implementation of BDD frame work, moved entire framework from hybrid to BDD by using POM, and creating Feature files, Step definitions, and Runner class. Using reports analyzed step by step fail and pass criteria.
- Automated AngularJS application module using protractor by writing java scripts and Used Jasmine as unit testing framework.
- Used karma as a test runner to execute the test scripts and experience in setting up the karma.config.js file with configurations
- Worked very closely with UI angular developers while automating the tests using protractor and Jasmine
- Designed and developed tests for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium
- Executed Test Scenarios using 3rd Party Emulators for Android OS and Simulators for IOS testing.
- Involved in conducting tests on Web services transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using Soap UI.
- Tested web services by generating XML, SOAPUI Requests and validated the corresponding XML, SOAPUI Responses.
- Automated Restful services using Rest Assured API using java by following the TDD/BDD framework model given, when, then.
- Used GIT to re-modify files and for software development.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloud-based code repository system like GitHub.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Worked effectively with Developers, AGILE Team, and Project Management to achieve Selenium automation, high quality, release deadlines andQAprocesses improvements.
Confidential, Tysons Cornor, VA
SDET (Selenium Automation developer)
- Created various documents such as Test Plan, Test Scenario and Test Schedules document, Defect Management Workflow Diagram, Test Case, Test Script, and User Manual Document.
- Served as a liaison between business, application team and technical team
- Reviewed the requirements and use case diagrams to write Test Cases/ Test plan that would test various scenarios.
- Create test plan and test cases for manual and automated testing from business requirements to match the project’s initiatives.
- Used Keyword driven, Page Object Model, Data Driven using CSV, CSS Selectors as a part of Framework.
- Performed ETL testing and precise documentation.
- Performed testing of schemas in different environments like staging and ODS.
- Helped Automation engineers in writing the code and solved technical issues
- Experience in parallel testing using Selenium Web Driver.
- Worked on Agile (Scrum) project methodology.
- Perform Selenium automation usingSelenium Web Driver and Selenium IDE
- Test the web modules flow and improve the script performance using Selenium find elements.
- Tested Service Oriented Architecture application using Soap UI.
- Served as functional SME for DB2 migration project providing recommendations for improvement and technical expertise alongside project life cycle resulting in the delivery of projects on time.
- Performed Integration and Regression tests to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as taking a Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, select for selecting multiple values from list, Action for various key and mouse event, by with different Locators (Xpath, CSS, id, Link text).
- Wrote SQL queries extensively, queried database and generated test reports.
- Automated mobile application by using emulators and simulators using Api
- Knowledge on the Android application development
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management in Rally.
- Supported production install and served for project issues in the capacity of a Lead Analyst.
- Involved in Unit Testing the code and provided the feedback to the developers.
Environment: JIRA, Confluence, Java/J2EE, Junit, Fiddler, Selenium WebDriver, DB2, Windows XP, MS Access and MS Excel, jQuery.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Software QA Test Engineer
- Analyzed Software and Business Requirements documents to get a better understanding of system from technical and business perspectives.
- As a QA tester, was involved in assisting and participate in planning, organizing the test schedules, test suites, test cases.
- Define, develop, and execute automation test scripts using Java that leverage black and white box testing across functional.
- Designed and developed Hybrid automation framework and maintained the code in Git and used continuous integration(CI) tools to schedule the jobs
- Extensively used the Selenium methods to build the framework and run the test scripts.
- Extensively used POM model to create the reusability of same objects for different tests.
- Using TestNG annotations controlled the entire test. Generated the clear web html reports for analysis purpose.
- Used Soap UI and Ready API for testing the web Services by the request and response time by the help of WSDL file and XML data. Added various assertions and did a data driven by getting the data from excel sheet.
- Given some assertions to find out the pass and failure criteria of response from the systems.
- Involved in the TestNG framework Automated test suites using Jenkins in the background.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Quality center for reporting and logging the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up the bug life cycle.
- Automated android mobile app using Appium by configured the emulators and on the real devices and executed scripts by taking the .apk file from the dev team
- Good knowledge on setting the capabilities for working on various browsers.
- Executed the positive and negative test case for regression testing and took the screen shots for validation of test case.
- Conducted System Testing, Functionality Testing and Configuration Testing as well as stress testing.
- Responsible for creating Test plans, Test cases, Test Scenarios, and mapping business requirements to test cases.
- Performed Functional, Regression and Integration Testing as well as UAT testing.
- Automated the test cases by using Java with Selenium environment, back end test using SQL.
- Validated Cycle, Status, History, Current Balance, Credit Lines for the accounts.
- Validating the all transitions posted as per requirements in Database and also verifies the transactions are posted after file management.
- Tested the Web Application of Customer Account Activity to check whether they were reprised or not.
- Interacted with Developers and Project Managers to follow up on Defects/Issues.
- Participated in various team meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification requests.
- Pull the screen Prints from MBNA IS and validate the fields.
Environment: Selenium, Appium, android, SDK, Emulator, TestNG, JUnit, Jenkins, Git, Quality Center 9.2, DB2, Java, XML, SOAP, REST, SOAPUI, HTML, Excel, Word. PL/SQL, Agile Methodologies
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
QA Analyst (Automation Test Engineer)
- Involved in preparing Test plans and Test cases based on business requirement documents.
- Involved in Updating Test plan, Writing Test Cases, Executing Test cases. Used Quality Center to write Test cases.
- Developed TestNG framework for the application to automate. Used Jxl. jars to get the data from excel sheets
- Generated reports and analyzed the pass and failed criteria in the test cases.
- Prepared Test plan and Test specifications based on Functional Requirement Specifications and System Design Specifications.
- Developed Test cases based on the technical specifications and business requirements.
- Tested insured vehicles and health records submitted by persons. Closing dates with existed data base by writing the SQL commands.
- Imported client data from the data stage target systems and SAP where house systems to Excel and conducted the data validation, by comparing the existing files in the data base.
- Using all manual test cases wrote Selenium Automation scripts to run in the background through Jenkins.
- Conducted data driven testing using Selenium, and compared the data back end data from the servers i.e. simultaneous translations and Interpreted confidential documents and professional translation services etc.
- Designed Selenium scripts, parameterized them, and validated them to suit the functionality of the application by using Security and Regression Testing.
- Measured the response time at different points in the application.
- Used Quality Center for requirement analysis, scheduling and generating test cases.
- Responsible for writing automated test cases using QTP/UFT.
- Created and Executed automated test scripts for regression testing using QTP/UFT.
- Automation Framework implementation for UFT / QTP.
- Executed test scripts from quality center
- Re-executed the Tests for the corresponding volumes and made sure that the parameters are within the acceptable limits after the fixes are done by the environment support team.
- Prioritized and classified the bugs. Generated and tracked the defects using bug tracking tool.
- Tested the application compatibility with IE 6/7, Fire Fox 2.0, and Safari browsers on different operation systems Vista, XP, MAC.
Environment: Selenium, Quality Center, Java, QTP/UFT, SQL, Oracle, Windows XP/Vista.
- Used Eclipse IDE for Java coding.
- Implemented the MVC model for the web application using Struts framework.
- Involved in the front-end coding using Struts concepts like Action classes, Tiles framework, Dyna Action Form Beans.
- Used Struts Tiles to design the layout of the pages.
- Involved in programming several JSP tags using Struts Tag lib component, to modularize and stream line web page.
- Created XML files to enable users to access the system.
- Created the stored procedures for inserting and updating the data in the database.
- Developed and implemented the business logic component in middle tier using JDBC andEJBframework including stateless session classes and Entity bean classes.
- Deployed the application on WebLogic Server.
- Involved in the performance tuning sessions and suggested few performance improvement techniques such as caching.
- Used SQL queries to perform the back-end testing on Oracle.
- Conducted regression testing after every new build.
- Worked with users on User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using QC and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
Environment: Java, JDK, Struts, Eclipse, Web Logic, Junit, Firebug, SQL, HP Quality Center, Oracle10g and Windows, HTML.