SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Self-motivated, disciplined, flexible, and resourceful team player focused on technology efficiency in support of the business.
- Demonstrated vast knowledge of various, complex platforms and UNIX Operating Systems.
- Exhibit advanced leadership skills along with the ability to manage multiple, completing priorities.
- Experienced in mentoring junior team members while sharing knowledge with the goal of unified progress.
- Stipulate and deploy systems according to the ever-changing needs of development teams.
- Engineer and facilitate solutions, employing cross-collaboration amongst software development, IT infrastructure, and operations.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities for information systems, systems analysis and upgrades, and data migrations.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7 , CentOS 5.x 6.x , Yellow Dog Linux, HP-UX 9, 10, 11.11, 11i , Solaris 2.6, 8, 9 , Fedora, Ubuntu, Suse, Windows 95, 98, XP, 7, 8
Networking: TCP/IP, Network Information Service NIS formerly YP Yellow Pages , LAN, WAN, SAN, NAS, Intranets, VPN, Active Directory AD
Systems: HP Systems D350s, K420s, K460s, K580s, T600s, N-Class, V-Class, DL360s, DL 380s, ML370s, HP Super Domes, RP3400s, RP3440s , Dell OptiPlex 9020s, Dell OptiPlex 960s, Dell EqualLogic Storage Array, NetApp Storage Arrays, EMC Celerra, EMC Symmetrics
Applications: HP-UX Ignite, LVM, Veritas Netbackup, Legato, EMC Celerra Manager, NetAPP onCommand Data Management, VMWare Workstation, VMWare Player, VMWare ESXi, VMWare vSphere, VMWare vCenter
Areas of Expertise
- Technical Management Project Management Leadership Network Architecture Design
- Systems Administration Customer Liaison Multi-Site Environment Support Advanced Troubleshooting
- Data Backups Disaster Recovery Cross-Collaboration Security Configurations
Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery. Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations. Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary. Configure, monitor, and maintain applications and virus protection software. Actively monitor the network to determine performance, whether adjustments need to be made, and where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Consulted with 20 users, three managers, four vendors, and eight technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Trained and supervised six junior administrators on processes and procedures.
- Planned, coordinated, and implemented network security measures to protect data, software, hardware, etc.
- Operated master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and coordinated computer network access and use among 100 systems for various lab environments.
- Upgraded HP systems from HP-UX 10 to HP-UX11, which brought systems in compliance and minimized security risks.
- Racked, installed, and configured new hardware to upgrade old HP hardware and installed HP-UX OS brought online a newer and faster system to replace older systems which optimized performance and increased user productivity by 20 .
- Configured new hardware to replace old systems running Red Hat Linux brought systems into compliance and further minimized computing security risks.
- Installed Red Hat Linux on new HP DL 380s, further minimizing risks.
- Setup new NetApp File server and setup new file server to including creating aggregates, file systems, file system exports and setting up user quotas on new file server.
- Changed Network Attached Storage NAS system from EMC to NetApp, keeping in line with the new company standards.
- Exported data from old EMC Celerra NS700 NAS to NetApp file server process included the transfer of four terabytes TB of data from the old NAS system to the new NAS system, providing additional storage growth and a 30 increase in performance on the new NAS system.
- Setup VMWare ESXi on HP DL 380 , which allowed the company to reduce IT footprint by reducing physical systems 3 to 1 and through combining like systems.
- Upgraded VMWare onto new hardware from ESXi 4.x to ESXi 5.5.
- Met with architects, leads, and managers, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems provided guidance, instructions, and interaction with the customer.
- Relayed customer needs to the administrators, ensuring the system met the customer needs and performed to specifications.
- Developed system build instructions to assist administrators in building systems uniform across the board, further minimizing errors across the lab environment.
Senior Systems Analyst, Confidential
- Provided staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems. Tested, maintained, and monitored computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems. Located code problems and correct errors. Determined computer software or hardware needed to set up or alter system.
- Developed, documented and revised system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Coordinated and linked 100 computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information could be shared.
- Tested the installation of the new OS in preparation for performing a lab-wide upgrade to the new OS YDL 6.1 on IBM X-Serve systems resulted in the retirement of the aging GVS 9000 systems running YDL 4.0 and reduced overall costs by 10 .