Software engineer with nine years of experience in the modeling simulation industry
C/C developer with extensive Linux development experience
Experienced public speaker, instructor, published writer and presenter
Technical Skills Languages C/C , Ruby, Bash, SQF, Java, Python, MatLab Tools Emacs, GDB, DDD, Glade, Git, SVN Environments Fedora/RHEL, Windows
- Rejoined Alion to develop new capabilities in the military simulator JSAF. Worked on a team responsible for enhancing JSAF's core features and improving stability. Current tasking focuses on increasing the fidelity of sonars in real world conditions.
- Enhanced the Joint Semi Automated Forces JSAF military simulator
- Primary work done in C/C in a Linux environment
- Focus of work has been improving sonar models
- Created several tools using Ruby to facilitate data processing
- Worked with military end users to assess needs and document bugs
- Developed content for the military simulator Virtual Battlespace 2 VBS2 at the Training Brain Operations Center TBOC . Work included, but was not limited to, AI scripting, unit articulation and the creation of physics-based weapons.
- Produced content for the military simulator Virtual Battlespace 2 VBS2
- Primary work was done using the SQF language
- Adapted feedback from soldiers currently in theater to refine product
- Created extensive training examples and documentation
- Joined Alion to improve various physics models. Eventually began working on JSAF development and integration team. Continued work offsite at the Joint Forces Command JFCOM where I was responsible for integrating JSAF with other simulations during large scale, distributed simulation events.
- Worked on JSAF development using C/C
- Team member of JSAF integration group at the Joint Forces Command
- Experience with integrating various simulators over large networks
- Capable of interfacing with and administrating a wide range of systems