- 8+ Years of Experience in Build/Release Engineering and Process Methodologies.
- Experience in supporting Java and Dot Net(C#, VB) development and QA teams throughout SDLC process.
- Administered and supported Team Foundation Server 2010/2012 and Visual Studio.
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, Hudson & Team Foundation Server)
- Experience with Application Life Cycle Management Tool - Team Foundation Server 2010/2012.
- Performed migrations from TFS 2010 to TFS 2012 in a smoot and efficient manner.
- Good Knowledge in batch, bash (shell) and PowerShell scripting.
- Experience with Visual Studio 2010/2012 and Eclipse IDE.
- Supported development teams by helping them to be efficient and reducing outage times of testing environments.
- Experience as a Project Administrator for the Branching, Merging, and Access allocation to Users.
- Customized TFS work item templates as per the needs of development leads and developers for each project.
- Experience in installing TFS build machine, setup controllers and agents for build automation.
- Integrated Jira with TFS and Jenkins to make tracking easy for project leads.
- Coordinated between Production operations and development teams to resolve production defects.
- Extensively worked with Change tracking tools like Remedy, JIRA, HP Service Center
- Knowledge in IIS and hands on experience with Websphere and Weblogic Administration
- Familiar with integrating NUnit, MSTest and Clover test coverage as a part of build process.
- Performed Database administration tasks for MS SQL server 2008 R2.
- Experience in implementing and making teams adapt to Release/Change Management Process.
- Experience with Perforce, Subversion, and Team Foundation Server (TFS 2010/2012) Administration.
- Experience working in various environments like e-commerce, product, SAAS and IT web Apps
- Exposure to SDLC and experience with building deployment solutions for Agile and Scrum.
- Working with application infrastructure architects to establish the physical environments to effectively perform the software builds and deployments with an emphasis on quality, integrity, and security.
- Experience in Deploying to and administering in the use of JBOSS, tomcat and apache web server, weblogic, websphere, SVN, PVCS, VSS and Harvest.
- Experience in Java, C++, C and Managing software configurations and builds in UNIX and Windows environment.
- Unique combination of personal, analytical, technical, and communication skills.
- Result-oriented and self-motivated with a proven capacity to learn sophisticated technologies and have a track record for producing on-time, high quality product and solutions.
SCM Tools: TFS 2010/1012, Subversion (SVN), Perforce, Jenkins, Hudson
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, MS
BuildPlatforms: UNIX, Linux, Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/ XP
Languages: C, C++, Java, J2EE
Database System: SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle 10g/11g-PL/SQL
Confidential, Eagan, MN
Configuration Management Analyst
- Identified requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand service requirements with a thorough technical knowledge
- Administered Team Foundation Server (TFS) for software planning, version control, continuous integration and build services
- Maintained code repositories and implemented best practices for branching and merging in Subversion (SVN) and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Designed and implemented the automated process of build and deployments for .Net and Java applications using tools as per the needs of project that included Team Foundation Server (TFS), Jenkins.
- Deployed and configured build server and maintained build controller along with agents
- Defined build definitions to setupcontinous integration and edited build process templates accordinglyto support deployment. Customized work item and process templates.
- Defined, communicated and enforced Configuration Management policies and to development teams
- Developed build and deployment scripts for applications, worked on build management, performance tuning, improvement, and automation
- Extracted defect & testing reports from HP Application Life Cycle Management and communicated to stakeholders
- Proficient in using JIRA and used it extensively to assign, track tasks, defects, requests etc
- Assisted release managers and change management cordinators by communicating and coordinating the release activities, used BMC Remedy and JIRA for tracking purposes
- Worked with BMC Remedy Action Request system application to submit and track change requests
Environment: .Net, TFS 2010/2012, Java, Subversion, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Windows/Linux, IIS 7 & WebLogic.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Worked on Configuration Management, source code management, Build/Deploy process
- Targeted and migrated completed builds to multiple servers and platforms
- Developed CM and release plans to outline CM main functions, CM guidelines, Release procedures, Roles, Responsibilities, Deliverables, Schedules and milestones
- Ensured standardized procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all changes
- Implemented build automation using ANT, setting up SVN to manage build artifacts and SCM activities
- Developed strategies and supported tools to create an efficient automated integration and release process using Jenkins
- Provided daily technical support, re-engineering, and administration of an enterprise Configuration Management system that supported multiple development applications
- Incharge of reviewing existing manual Software Builds, developed scripts to automate repeated tasks that are more susceptible to errors and risks using Shell and Batchscripts
- Supported local System Administrators to troubleshoot Configuration Management and Network issues
- Established and maintained the Users and System Administrators technical reference guides
- Assisted and trained developers on SCM procedures whenever necessary
- Documented release, builds and source control processes and plans for all the applications
- Coordinated the build and deployment bottlenecks with the development and support teams
Environment: Java, ANT, Jenkins, Windows/Linux, Shell script, C, SVN and WebLogic.
Confidential, Mclean, VA
CM Build Engineer
- Provided centralized software configuration management for enterprise application projects in a multi-tiered high-availability environment
- Performed software builds, created directories and security groups, and recreating prior versions
- Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilized technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, Ant and MS Build
- Configured Team Foundation Server (TFS 2010) Build server and automated the build process by defining build definitions.
- Customized Work item templates as per the need of development team and pulled reports for each sprint
- Customized XAML files to support deployment and run automated test cases to prevent checking in faulty code. Setup nightly builds and gated check ins to make sure the build is is never broke
- Maintained and administered source code repository Subversion and designed versioning strategy in TFS 2010 to support parallel development for multiple releases
- Automated builds and deployments of business-critical customer-facing J2EE web applications
- Defined build and deployment standards with input from development, IT/operations and IT security teams
- Automated manual build and deployment processes using Jenkins, deployed to development, QA, and staging environments with multiple physical targets and multiple zones/containers per target.
- Used shell scripting in Jenkins to automate deployment of artifacts into Websphere
- Configured secure links between build servers and deployment targets
Environment: Apache ANT, XML, Maven, TFS 2010 Jenkins, Anthill pro, Websphere, Shell Script, UNIX.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Maintained source code repository in subversion and handled branching, tagging & merging process
- Worked closely with Business analysts and Project managers to meet release and build schedule deadlines
- Designed Continuous Build Process using Jenkins to prevent build failures
- Designed versioning strategy in TFS 2010 to support parallel development for multiple releases
- Automated build process by defining build definitions and customizing XAML files
- Customized work item template as per the need of development team and delivery lead
- Implemented continuous integration using the Jenkins to track and build every source code change
- Created and setup automated nightly build environment for Java projects using ant scripts
- Ensured that the builds are consistent after being ported from different platforms
- Suggested and implemented the process of nightly builds and auto deployments for fast paced applications
- For applications that are developed in a regular pace, builds and deployments were as per request
- Studied the current build and release process and automated the process using shell scripts
- Debugged Build failures and worked with developers and QA people to resolve the related issues
- Perform various builds for the Dev, QA, staging and Production Environments
- Automated the deployments of application to the Web Server and Application Server
- Managed builds and made necessary changes to Ant build scripts for Java/ Websphere based applications
- Supported development engineers with Configuration Management issues
- Assisted development leads and Project Leaders in technical and configuration management issues
- Worked under an environment that has a good defect tracking system through the use of Manual Test and Test Manager
- Documented release, builds and source control processes and plans.
Environment: Subversion, TFS 2010 Jenkins, Apache Ant, Websphere, Weblogic, Windows, Linux
Confidential, Folsom, CA
Build & Release Engineer
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support activities for different projects
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories, views, and the access control strategies
- Proficiency with the Microsoft .NET framework, C#, Windows Workflow Foundation, batch and other automation technologies
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Jboss
- Supported the servers and Applications in Development, Testing and Production environment
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures
- Used ANT as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases
- Worked on MSBuild, build process template customizations and work item templates for better tracking and and automation purposes
- Designed and proposed a versioning strategy for development teams to support parallel development
- Coordiated with offshore team to deliver the builds and setting up new environment for application testing
- Automated deployment process to DEV, SIT and UAT environments and made it a single click process
- Worked with outside clients and vendors to solve issues and supported development teams in all the phases of SDLC lifecycle
Environment: Subversion, Java/J2EE, ANT, MSBuild, UNIX/LINUX, Jboss, Windows Server 2003
- Merging, change reversals and conflict resolution in version control system for .Net applications in Team Foundation server (TFS 2008) and Java applications in Subversion.
- Assisted developers in writing ant and MSBuild scripts and managed dependencies later on
- Created jobs in Hudson for bild purposes to make sure the builds are sequential and for reporting purposes
- Developed BASH and BATCH scripts for automation of build and release activities
- Monitored SVN and TFS to resolve any issues and made sure configuration management policies are enforced correctly
- Supported development engineers with configuration management issues and acted as a liason between support and development team
- Provided daily technical support, re-engineering, and administration of an enterprise Configuration Management system
- Created and maintained documentation of build and release processes and application configuration to comply with audit requirements and Industry best practices
- Produced release notes and other build-related documentation.Provided detailed documentation of moderately complex system specifications, including, system installation procedures, system backup and recovery techniques and system test methods.
- Developed and implemented an agile SDLC and refinement of the Software Configuration Management infrastructure.
- Liaison to peer IT groups providing application build and deployment services.
- Supported engineering plans and schedules by providing CM/Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to engineering team.
Environment: .Net, TFS 2008, Windows, SVN, Hudson/Jenkins, Java/J2EE, UNIX, Oracle
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes