- Proficient with relational databases SQLite, PostgreSql and MySql.
- Conversant in deploying of applications in WEBrick, Phusion passenger and functional usage with Apache Tomcat Server, JBoss Server and Weblogic Server.
- Have proven experience in Model View Controller (MVC) Architectures using ROR framework (Rails 2, Rails 3, Rails 4), Spring framework and Hibernate.
- 3+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails (Ruby 1.9.3 and Rails 4.0) in developing user friendly and effective web - based applications.
- Designed and developed custom Rails applications specific to client’s needs.
- Self-motivated worker with strong focus on business goals and end-user experience.
- Focus on sustainable web architecture using ROR application Framework and Ruby Language.
- More than 4 plus years of experience in Java.
- Experience on Core Java technology which includes multithreading, JDBC, RMI, network programming.
- Hands-on experience with Integrated Development Environments like Eclipse, Net Beans, WSAD, Text Mate.
- Hands-on experience using GitHub, Amazon EC2, Git and deployment using Heroku.
- Adept at adjusting work pace to satisfy evolving client needs.
- Solid experience in UNIX skills including writing Shell scripts, CRON JOBS and utilities.
- Solid understanding of Web marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Web 2.0.
- Good experience writing robust, well-tested front end and back end codes.
- Extensive knowledge of Web development, from concept through implementation and optimization.
- Fast learner, can quickly in corporate and implement new procedures with efficiency and accuracy.
- Good team player, creative and detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills with good ability to collaborate with team members for code and design reviews.
- Skilled in troubleshooting with good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated worker with concentration on business goals and end-user experience.
Programming Languages: Ruby, Java, C#, C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL,.Net
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2
Application &Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, IBM http Server, JBOSS, WEBrick, Phusion Passenger
Web Design: XHTML, CSS3,JSP,HTML5
Deployment Tools: Amazon EC2 Heroku
Frameworks: Rails, Spring, Struts, Hibernate
Test Frameworks: Junit, Test Unit, Rspec, MiniTest, Cucumber
Protocols: HTTP/HTTPS, TCP/IP, SOAP, SMTP,REST
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix,Mac iOS
Other Relevant Tools: MS Office(MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Project 2013), Informatica(Transformation), Visual Studio 2013,QlickView(Reporting)
Confidential, WINSTON SALEM, NC
Sr. RUBY ON RAILS DEVELOPER
- Worked jointly with User experience experts and Product Management team regarding product definition, scope, schedule and project-related decisions and translated requirements into consumer-facing UI designs.
- Designed and developed various features using HTML5, CSS2, W3C, XHTML and CSS#.
- Back-end of the application was developed deploying Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework while the front-end was designed and developed using HTML and Blueprint CSS.
- Used Crack 0.1.8 ruby gem to parse the XMLs to design the page which shows regular news feed.
- Implemented Behavior- Driven Development with Capybara and Cucumber and Test-Driven Development with RSpec2 and RSpec.
- Design and Development using Ruby, Rails, MySQL, Redis and Goliath.
- Responsible for creating customized screens for Edit, Delete, Enable Disable and Impersonate users in application.
- Web pages are mainly described using CSS (Cascade Style Sheets), YAML, RHTML.
- Used Active Records for Database Migration and also involved in using Active Resources, Fixtures, Action View and Action Controller in Rails framework.
- Used Scaffolding to design and develop controller and view part of the system.
- Caching contents for Rails is used and queries are optimized for analyzing and improving application efficiency.
- Tried to develop best practices and architecture.
- Took care of Bug fix issues and Code Reviews.
- Developed UNIX and Perl Scripts for deployment.
- Integrated with Database using Active Record as a Model.
- Necessary refactoring to code is performed according to the revised design.
- Action Mailer is used for applying user mailing module.
- Collaborated and coordinated with the management and design team to implement new features.
- Involved in Unit testing and Systems integration testing.
Environment: Ruby 1.9.3p125, Rails 4, MySql, RSPEC, Active Record, YAML, Blueprint CSS and HTML. Editors: Sublime Text, Text Mate, Ruby Mine and Net beans IDE 6.9.1
Confidential, NYC, NY
Sr. RUBY ON RAILS DEVELOPER
- Ruby on Rails on Mac operating system is used to design the website, backed by Capistrano and MySql to automate and ease the deployment process on Phusion Passenger server. ERB Templating, RJS, YAML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to design web pages.
- Used Rails, AJAX, JSON, CSS and jQuery to design the front end of the application. Back end of the application is develop d mainly using Active Records.
- Used SCRUM and Agile methodology.
- Normalization and denormalization is carried out by writing Stored Procedures and simple queries using MySql database.
- Object Oriented concepts are mainly used to design applications.
- User Interface for website with ERB, JQuery, RJS, Ruby, Ajax for View, Controller, Model in Ruby on Rails Framework on Mac OS X Operating System.
- GitHub and unit tests are used to manage code.
- Involved in handling code reviews and bug fixes.
- Planned and carried out daily scrums, weekly estimations and retrospectives and pair programming.
- Interacted with the IT Project Management Office through project task assignments, web application design from documented business requirements, and developer testing.
- Analyzed system requirements specifications and involved in client interaction during requirements specifications.
- Implemented Test driven environment with Rspec and Behavior driven development using Cucumber.
Environment: Ruby on Rails v1.9.3p125, CSS, BDD, jQuery, RSPEC, Unit Testing Mysql5.0 and HTML.
Confidential, ANN ARBOR, MI
RUBY ON RAILS DEVELOPER
- Rails Framework is used to design the UI part of the report. Prawn Gem is used for the implementation of PDF version of the report.
- Designed and developed the front-end of the application using RAILS, AJAX, CSS, JSON AND jQuery. Active Records is used for the back-end of the application.
- Used SCRUM and Agile Development Methodology for the project.
- Used Cucumber for Test-Driven Development.
- Implemented the Query part of the reports using Ruby, ActiveRecords and ran the rake tasks for every report weekly, dumping the SQL data to CSV file.
- Fixed bugs related to old features and worked on new features in a space of 3 weeks.
- Gave daily updates to clients through teleconferences and formal status updates.
- Actively involved in fine tuning the application.
- Interacted with the design team to add extra new features to the project.
- Took care of bug fixes and code reviews.
- Coordinated with the Business Analyst to get the details of each of the reports.
Environment: Ruby 1.9, Ruby Gems, Rails 2.3.5, MySQL 5.0, Ubuntu 10.04, Webrick and Phusion Passenger server, Git Repository, Aptana RadRails IDE.
Confidential, FRAMINGHAM, MI
- Involved in developing various web services for processing emails and sending back confirmation.
- Developed post email processor which is responsible for acknowledgement of email deliveries.
- Developed JMS Message queue of the emails and configured listeners for the queues.
- Involved in configuring Spring framework for JMS queues and listeners.
- Involved in developing many enterprise beans using EJB 3.x, Dependency Injection.
- Developed client-side user interface using JSP, Struts.
- Involved in both front-end and back-end designing tasks and implementing them.
- Involved in configuring the EJB files and ANT scripts for deployment.
- IBM ClearCase is used as version controlling tool and it is extensively used while developing and maintaining.
- IBM Clear Quest is used as testing and resolving system during UAT and deployment.
- Involved in configuring Log4j system and developed applications with log4j as logging system.
- Modified and created various database links and materialized views.
- Involved in developing a JDBC utility to successfully migrate database from one environment to the other.
- Involved in provisioning the system and gathering the new requirements.
- Involved in configuring the JBoss4.2.3 Application server.
- Prepared a more detailed documentation of the product.
Environment: JBoss 4.2.3, JDK 1.6, Eclipse 3.8, JSP, Struts, Oracle10g, UNIX, Shell Scripting, SQL Developer, EJB 3.x, Log4j, ClearCase, JAX-WS, JMS, MDB, Spring, Hibernate, XML, XSLT, WSS4J, SOA, WebServices, UML, SoapUI, IBM Clear Quest.
- Struts Framework is used to implement MVC.
- Servlets are used to handle various requests from the client browsers and to send responses.
- Did technical design to conform to STRUTS (MVC) framework.
- JSP and Servlets are used to write server side programs.
- Coding Test Classes using Junit for unit testing, performed functional integration system and validation testing.
- Used JDBC Prepared statements to call from Servlets for database access.
- MVC design patterns and Session Façade are implemented for developing the application.
- HTML is used for Web-based design.
- Created and implemented PL/SQL stored procedures, triggers.
- Designing and documenting of the stored procedures.
- All Object Oriented concepts like Inheritance, Polymorphism and Abstraction are made use of.
- Responsible for design and development of Web Application using Struts Framework and written Action Classes and configure the Application using Struts Configuration file.
- Application and user level configurations have been maintained by using XML Files.
Environment: Unix OS, Oracle 10g database, Tomcat 5.0 web server, JBoss 4.2.1 application server,Jdeveloper10g, PL-SQL Developer, MS-VSS (for source code control).
- Developed client-side user interface using JSP, Struts, JSF, and Java Swings.
- Involved in developing back-end modules using SQL queries, EJBs.
- Involved in developing web services to interact with other Verizon systems and a JMS queue of messages is maintained.
- Involved in implementing JMS message queues and developing MDB as queue listener.
- Involved in implementing security to the webservice using WSS4J userToken handler.
- Gave user support to the system by helping users and answering their queries through e-mails and phones.
- Prepared a power-point presentation on using the tool and gave demo sessions to the users.
- Involved in provisioning the system and gathering the new requirements from users and gave user support.
- Involved in configuring the BEA WebLogic 8.0 Application server and deploying the application on the server.
- Involved in configuring the EJB xml files for deployment.
- Involved in gathering user requirements and in the designing phase of the new release of the product
- Prepared a more detailed documentation of the product.
Environment: J2SE 4.0, J2EE1.3, BEA WebLogic 8.0, Eclipse3.8, JBuilder 2005, Apache AXIS 2, Web Services, WSS4J, JMS, MDB, JSP, Struts, JSF, Java Swing, Oracle10g, Sun Solaris, PL/SQL Developer, EJB2.x, PVCS
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes