- 5 years of experience working in the Computers and Information Technology field
- 5 years of experience working with the Android environment with more than 5 deployed apps in the Play Store
- Worked with Product Management, Delivery teams and Project Management to translate requirements into tasks for deliverables.
- Collaborated with Software Engineers for the design and development of back - end services.
- Expertise of advanced software engineering concepts: object-oriented design, hypermedia, device management, semi-native & HTML5 technologies, and memory management.
- Experience with embedded local storage solutions such as SQLite.
- Monitored, triaged and assessed the Android app's performance, bugs, and defects.
- Familiarity with agile/iterative development methodologies (XP, SCRUM, etc.).
- Real-world experience is building very large scale, high availability applications.
- Experience prototyping mobile experiences., and creating user interfaces following specifications.
- Experience working on-site and off-site teams and management.
- Experience with image manipulation and animation, including techniques like alpha blending.
- Exceptional communication, project management, and organizational skills with the ability to build positive relationships with boards and stakeholders, senior executives, all levels of staff, and clients.
- Employed continuous integration using Jenkins, Travis, Hudson.
- Experienced in the development process for non-phone and tablet Android Frameworks: Android Wear, Smart TV developing and Android Auto testing.
- Worked in an Agile environment with strong SCRUM and pair programming fundamentals.
- Google Play Store certified publisher, building ASO campaigns and keyword lookups.
- Tested an early implementation of Firebase as a straightforward and real-time Mobile Backend.
- Created the initial setup of multiple continuous integration servers to help the build creation process (Travis, Jenkins, Circle-CI).
- Experienced with Android 4.0 (Wearables, Holo interface), 5.0 (Material design, ART), 6.0 (Runtime permissions, Standby mode). Currently previewing changes in Android N, like multi-window support and the drag and drop behavior.
- Conducted business and technical Knowledge Transfer sessions for new recruits.
- Coordinated efforts with different background professionals such as system analyst, graphic designers, developers and technical documenters.
- Used Fragments, diverse layouts, animations, Material Design components, Compound Views and Custom Views to fulfill user interface requirements.
- Have implemented customized HTTP clients to consume a Web Resource with Retrofit, Volley, OkHTTP and the native HttpURLConnection.
- Led various teams from early steps in the requirement gathering process to the designing of final builds.
- Skilled working with SOAP and RESTful web services using Retrofit, Volley, and OkHttp.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and able to work without supervision.
Programming Languages: Java, C, C++, C#
IDEs: Android Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Visual Studio
Version Control: Git, GitHub, BitBucket
Software Programs: MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Design Patterns: MVC, MVP, MVVM, Singleton, Dependency InjectionBuilder, Factory, Façade, Proxy, Command, Observer
Methodologies: Material Design, Dependency Injection, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Agile, Scrum
Native Java Frameworks: Java Swing, Ajax Swing, GWT
Issue Tracking: JIRA, Jenkins
Data Related Tools: NFC (Near field communication) technology.
Firebase: SQL, SQLite
Lead Android Developer
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Participated in full software development lifecycle (SDLC), starting with gathering requirements and working with Product Manager to document accurate requirements, features, and end- product design.
- Worked with cross functional and diverse teams as well as stakeholders to ensure excellent service and accurate rendering of product.
- Ran a team of Android developers and worked with product manager to develop a project plan with stories, and to prioritize tasks.
- Worked closely with UI/UX designer and Product Managers, contributing ideas on UI/UX functionality and features with technology planned into the design for ready implementation.
- Developed features for the Android app which include the capability to view wait list in real time with progress, and make reservations in the mobile app.
- Integrated location based services using Google Maps, Google Places and Google Directions APIs to display nearby locations.
- Implemented specials display by creating custom RecyclerView Adapters.
- Managed JIRA for project management, and bug tracking as well as assigning tasks; following up on tasks, issues and backlog.
- Verified project progress and bug fixes including verifying data inputs are non-null, verifying Activities and Fragments are visible when returning from callbacks, using Intent flags such as SINGLETOP so that only one Activity in a task is created, and modifying RecyclerView Adapter classes to create custom LayoutManagers.
- Used static inner classes to avoid memory leaks.
- Implemented LoaderManagers to asynchronously load data and to integrate with an Activity’s or Fragment’s lifecycle.
- Developed a custom RecyclerView to provide a more fluid UX when being used with an AppToolbarLayout.
- Developed software using the Agile method, including engaging in bi-weekly Sprints and estimation of Story Points for backlog items.
Senior Android Developer
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
- A login page that utilizes Cisco Single Sign On to authenticate users before accessing protected resources via web URLs.
- Utilized a custom class that extended from the WebView class that observed redirection of URLs when a resource required authentication prior to being accessed.
- Observed a SSO cookie that was set when authentication was established successfully.
- A customizable UI that was based upon the content of the retrieved JSON data that contained information about the state of Cisco application servers, including whether they were Up or Down.
- JSON data was hierarchical with several attributes, which could be customized by a separate JSON file to display specific attributes such the Up/Down status, Date & Time of the latest status, hostnames of the Application server hosts, etc.
- A background service that periodically pulled data from the web URL and sent refreshed data to the UI page appropriately via a bound connection.
- Implementation of Google Cloud Messaging with the app to register for and receive Push Notifications that contained similar hierarchical JSON data pertinent to a set of application servers with the Down, and a single Up status when a previously Down server had been restored.
- Registered to a specific topic to receive Push Notifications so that all devices with app could receive the same Push Notifications.
- Utilized the Android 3rd party libraries: RxJava, IcePick, Butterknife, and Retrofit.
- Utilized RecyclerViews and RecyclerView Adapters, SwipeRefreshLayouts, and background Services.
- Extended the InstanceIDListenerService and GCMListenerService to receive GCM Push Notifications.
- Used APIs from different SDK levels to support backward compatibility.
- Identification of issues during the test cycles.
- Unified designers and developers in the redesign of the UI screen with compound views.
- Added Push Notification features with Google Cloud Messaging and Firebase Cloud Messaging.
- Used the location API, Maps View, GoogleView and Google Maps for store locator feature.
- Used the SQLiteOpenHelper to connect with the local database and perform CRUD operations.
- Worked with the testing team and used developer testing tools like JUnit, Robolectric, Espresso.
- Included Retrofit with RxJava to make asynchronous HTTP requests in an anonymous callback.
- Utilized Git version control tool as the source control management system.
- Generated a custom behavior in multiple screens included in the Coordinator Layout to hide the Toolbar and the Floating Action Button on the user scroll.
Senior Android Developer
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Used Spongy Castle to encrypt sensible data.
- Served as a technical lead within the company to develop the technology stack.
- Used Loopj for asynchronous callbacks together with the Loading Everywhere library.
- Developed custom and compound views to match UI/UX specifications.
- Used SQLite to cache information to be used in no-network environments.
- Implemented List View using the view Holder pattern to improve the performance.
- Proficiency in Java. Worked with JDK (Collections, Generics, Networking, Core Java). Understands Java concurrency, memory management.
- Created a compact Content Provider implementation to handle caching between network connections in the final build.
- Coordinated the implementation of Volley in the HTTP requests inside the application.
- Responsible for the design, implementation and test phases of the application.
- Use of SQLite database schema to persistent data storage for every schedule
- Modified the navigation and replaced activities with Fragments.
- Generated documentation for detail design including wireframing Mockito.
- Documented the project with JavaDoc
- Solid understanding of Android app development life cycle including Google Play and Amazon App Store compliance policies and submissions requirements.
- Introduced the Push Notifications through Urban Airship.
- Extensive use of support libraries to ensure backward compatibility with older Android versions.
- Continuous integration with Jenkins and automated testing with Android Annotations framework.
- Created custom views to present data as it was needed.
- Designed tweaks to the look and feel using Model design.
- Used GitHub private repositories with standard Workflows as a Version Control Software.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Used persistent data on the device to store information already loaded for future use.
- Guide decisions on architecture and technical strategy.
- Implemented the Google YouTube API for playing videos.
- Used ListView and adapters to load data onto lists at runtime.
- Thrive working in a fast paced, agile environment constantly learning.
- Implemented RESTful call to receive JSON based response and parsed to display data to the user.
- Mentored Junior Android Developers during the development cycle and process.
- Utilized Git version control tool as source control management system
- Designed the UI/UX of the application using animations and transitions.
- Worked with SCRUM methodology to have a prototype to show every two weeks
- Experience in working with Video, Static content, and advertising.
- Enhanced the UI/UX to follow the guidelines provided by Google’s Material Design.
- Implemented ListViews for loading most of the catalogs.
- Setup jaCoCo to check my code coverage of new code.
- Tested the UI with Espresso and Beta Testing with Crashlytics.
- Independently developed and expanded native mobile applications for Android platforms according to specifications handled by a design team or the clients.
- Integrated Retrofit to consume RESTful web services (GET, POST, DELETE, PUT)
- Have participated in innovation, design, and architecture of the apps.
- Used Google GSON to parse JSON files.
- Designed and implemented user-facing features in our mobile applications.
- Performed peer reviews on colleague’s code to ensure consistent standards.
- Providing assistance to code merges, builds, deployments, and ensuring production stability.
Mobile App Developer
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Attended the meetings with the clients to know more about business and requirements.
- Helped to manage the versions of the application through subversion best practices.
- Experience using Source Control (Git, SVN, Mercurial).
- Utilized Git version control tool as source control management system
- Participated and conducted SCRUM meetings to review project progress.
- Use of SQLite database schema to persistent data
- Developed graphic interface and UI for some activities.
- Creates wireframes using Adobe Photoshop
- Ensure excellent form factor integration by creating multi-panel activities with Fragments.
- Used Pending Intents to handle database updates after a boot was completed.
- Worked with JUnit to complete all test cases.
- Created the SQLite helper for the local storage of the application.
- Reused some of the earlier versions of the application code.
- Experience building custom API solutions for external parties to tie into.
- Designed the application with an MVP approach, setting up all the interfaces and the decoupling of the classes.
- Use of Hudson as continuous integration tool, scheduling the application
- Developed Custom Views and Compound Views.
- Worked with AsyncTask for multithreading and services with AsyncTask for longer running asynchronous tasks.
- Solid background in OOP and knowledge of software design patterns/best practices.
- Considerable experience debugging and profiling Android applications.
- Designed the UI/UX of the application using Custom Views and List Views.
- Development of quality code using cutting-edge techniques, tools, and utilities.
- Designed Widgets for the purpose of keeping track of tasks and reporting object completed updating your stats.
- Integrated JUnit to complete all test cases.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes