Senior C / J2EE/SOA architect and engineer specializing in the development of frameworks and reusable software components for distributed, real-time and client/server systems.
- Designed and implemented a custom rules engine to calculate Pension Benefits. Rules Engine was developed in C , using ODBC and Entity Framework to access databases, and WPF to provide a GUI interface for the definition of rules. GUI permitted rules to be defined and code generated to expose rules as variables and provide functionality including data access. As precursor to project, evaluated commercial rules engines for applicability to NRECA pension plans.
- Designed and implemented SOA framework for services and consumers. Implementation transparently supports Request / Response HTTP, TCP/IP, JSON, Named Pipe and DLL , and Async messaging MSMQ and NServiceBus . The framework also provides Unit Tests and LoadTesting. It also provides sample and extensible common service implementations for Entity CRUD , Utility including Ping and Task Mock Services. Framework supports both client-side and server-side validation.
- Implemented SOA auditing service providing Synchronous and Asynchronous calls with Client-side validation.
Defined Enterprise standards and best practices. Created Versioning strategy for EA team. This included producing a sample implementation. Author content of EA wiki for SOA Design Patterns, Performance Comparison of Protocols, Training Materials, Versioning, Naming Conventions, Recommended Protocols/Technologies for SOA Services, Test Guidelines.
- For National Science Foundation grants processing system, designed and implemented a 3 tier J2EE architecture. The architecture extended SpringMVC and SpringJDBC removing the necessity for junior developers to understand Spring. The Framework Extension made extensive use of Java class hierarchy refactoring and code generation. This permitted over 400 Java Class and Spring configuration files to be generated in 7 seconds. This task was an enhancement to a previous framework which converted a servlet based application to SpringMVC.
- For National Science Foundation Research.gov project, developer for web enablement of existing software. Developed intercepting filter for processing of certificates. Updated WSDLs to conform to requirements of Oracle Service Bus OSB , and implemented proxy service. For activation, added authorization function to activation web service. Created SoapUI test suite. Refactored code for service enablement. For provisioning web service, created initial class structure and implemented data fetch services. For identity-service, coded web services and interface to stored procedures using SpringJDBC. Project used Scrum methodology.
- For ICE Immigrate and Customs Enforcement SEVIS Project, created prototypes integrating Portal, Forms and Workflow Engine. Team resource for UML. Created Proof of Concept for Informatica address validation MVC Type 1 and Type 2 versions using Spring MVC. Created Domain Fa ade Service Layer permitting Java Data Objects to be accessed as services, and providing custom services, such as text substitution.
- developing WebSphere Portal JSR168 portlets and themes. Developed third-party login for WebSphere portal for integration with SOA authentication service. Developed custom portal themes to demonstrate access control and unique themes per user group / function. Developed code to servlets to run as portlets without code changes. Defined transformation layer for use in SOA.
- developed portal prototype using IBM WebSphere Portal. Responsible for installation of WebSphere Portal software. Developed a framework to hide internals of WebSphere IBM API, and permit substantial functionality to be performed at the URL level as opposed to requiring custom programming.
- For AOL, developed Struts application to supply AOL promotion management. Project was developed using Extreme Programming including Pair Programming.
- Architected J2EE migration from NetDynamics to Sun One Application server.
- Architect and lead developer for a PowerBuilder to J2EE conversion. Architected solution using UML. Developed Java Code Generator to generate data access tier.
- Developed a SWING GUI to view system logs, view and update XML configuration files, and to stop and start system processes. Designed messaging component using Java JMS messaging service. Solvent Solutions
- design and develop Ethernet-based data server to offload process I/O from the host system. E.I. Du Pont
- For Hughes Network Systems, developed screens in dynamic HTML for a browser-based embedded system development AOLTV .
- Lead architect for system extension to DirecPC product, to provide reliable delivery of packages from satellite-based receiver to multiple remote LAN-based hosts. Developed Dynamic HTML user interface to initiate, and monitor status of message transmissions. Hughes Network Systems