- Over 7+ years of IT experience in MicroStrategy Development/Administration, Database Administration.
- Over 6 years of experience in Business Intelligence(BI) Project Development and Implementation Using MicroStrategy 10.x/9.x/8.x Product Suites including Desktop/Developer, Web, Architect, Intelligence Server and Report Services, Object Manager, Command Manager, Integrity Manager, Enterprise Manager.
- MicroStrategy Certified Developer (MCD)
- Excellent Performance diagnostics/troubleshooting experience all MicroStrategy products Proficient in Snowflake/Star schema design techniques, logical and physical modeling. Expertise in Data Warehousing, Data Marts, Dimensional Modeling.
- Exclusive knowledge in creating and integrating MicroStrategy objects - Attributes, Facts, Metrics, Filters, Prompts, Templates, Consolidation and Custom Groups, Drill Maps, Grids, Intelligence cubes, Documents and Dashboards.
- Experience with Visual Insight Dashboards & Prime Cubes in MicroStrategy v10.x
- Strong working experience on relational databases like Teradata, Netezza, DB2, SQL Server
- Strong experience in developing dynamic dashboards and scorecards using new features like Widgets and Selectors.
- Designing Data Mart using different multidimensional modeling techniques such as Star Schema and Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimensional tables, Logical and Physical data modeling and Security and deployment.
- Hands on Experience in Creating Documents from multiple Datasets like Map Application Diagram, Grid & Graph.
- Have Good understanding of Intelligence cube (I-cube), custom group and consolidation in Microstrategy.
- Experience in integrating Big Data systems with MicroStrategy & developing VI dashboards.
- Efficient work experience in creating complex reports in MicroStrategy Developer and Web user interfaces using key features like Templates, Filters, Prompts and advanced Metrics.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL programming and worked on very large databases like Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i, and SQL Server 2005/2008, Teradata V2R5/V2R4.
- Experience in Upgrading MicroStrategy, Configuring Intelligence Server.
- Experience includes but not limited to implementing all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including Business Requirements Gathering, Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation of Client-Server, Multi-tier, Web, Data Modeling and Data Warehousing/OLAP/Business Intelligence Applications. Solid working experience in Agile project methodology.
- Extensive Knowledge in Developing Interactive PDF’s in MicroStartegy Developer & schedule to Business Users.
- Strong experience in understanding Business Applications, Business Dataflow and Data relations. Ability to quickly master new concepts, problem solving skills with a strong technical background and perform well in a group or individually.
- Designing Documents in Flash mode using Hyperlinks, Grouping, Sorting, Panel stack and Panels.
- Designed interactive and Dynamic Dashboards using Report Services objects like Waterfall, Graph Matrix, Gauges, Micro charts Widgets and Grid/Graph combinations.
- Adept at driving full project lifecycles and collaborating with internal, 3rd-party and off-shore IT teams.
- Strong DB tuning experience. Install, upgrade and configure MicroStrategy environment in both Windows and Linux environment.
Operating System: z/OS, Linux, UNIX AIX, Sun-Solaris, Windows NT/7/8/10
Database: Teradata, DB2 UDB, Oracle 10g, SQL Server, Netezza, MS-Access
BI/OLAP/Reporting: MicroStrategy 10.x/9.x/8.x (Desktop/Developer, Architect, Web, MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, Report Services, Enterprise Manager, Integrity Manager, Object manager, Visual Insight), Tableau, Power BI, OBIEE.
ETL Tools: Informatica, Data Stage
Job Scheduling: AutoSys, Control-M, Windows Scheduler
Languages: UNIX Shell Scripts, JAVA 2.0, C/C++, HTML, XML, JAVA Script, JCL
Confidential, Dayton, OH
Sr. MicroStrategy Developer/Administrator
- Worked closely with business users and application owners to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs.
- Translating the business requirements into functional and technical design documents and conceptual design into technical design
- Developed schema and public objects- attributes, facts, hierarchies, metrics, filters, transformations, custom groups and consolidations, intelligence cubes, report grids and dashboards using MicroStrategy Developer, Web and OLAP services
- Developed Report Service Documents, Scorecards, Visual Insight Dashboards.
- Unit testing of MSTR reports and troubleshooting the production issues.
- Coordinated with the testing team regarding the test plans and assisted them to understand the business functionality and in creating test cases
- Involved in troubleshooting MicroStrategy prompts, filter, template, consolidation, and custom group objects in an Enterprise Data Warehouse team environment.
- Tested report layouts, validated the SQL queries, prompt ordering prompt defaults, security filters, export/print functionality and drilling options. Created Events and Triggers for nightly runs;
- Worked on SQL queries and reports to address the performance issues.
- Created ad-hoc reports in grid & graph mode consisting of data analysis by combining a template with filters using MicroStrategy developer and web.
- Extensively worked on creating various metrics including simple, compound, derived, smart metrics, with various Level dimensionality.
- Played an active role in development of Data Quality framework project; closely involved in discussions with business team on in-stream data and reporting requirements.
- Acted as Liaisons, resolved License key issues and bugs related to 10.4 MicroStrategy installations
- Actively involved in design/plan ETL, staging table creation, work breakdown sessions; created individual stories in work flow management (Agile methodology).
- Worked Closely with SDK Developer in Finding Issue on CSS files and Suggested Code Modification required.
- Developed Linux shell and SQL scripts for data extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Worked on implementing single sign on from WebSphere portal environment to MicroStrategy using out of the box portlets.
- Configured and administered MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, Scheduler, Server Administrator, Object Manager and other administrative tools.
- Implemented end-user security via web using database security views.
Environment: MicroStrategy 10.4/10.3/10.2/10.1/9.4 (Architect, Developer, Web, Enterprise Manager, Integrity Manager, Object Manager, Report Services), Teradata/Netezza/SQL Server, Shell Scripts)
Confidential, North brook, IL
- Experienced in large-scale, high availability, end to end MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Application development through user interaction to gather business requirements.
- Handled development of Logical & Physical data Models, Metadata repositories and Statistical tables.
- Using MicroStrategy Architect developed schema objects like Attributes, Facts and Hierarchies.
- Prepared Documentation and User Guides to identify the various Attributes, Facts, Metrics and multiple Grid & Graph Report objects embedded in HTML Documents needed by business users.
- Created dynamic Dashboards, HTML dashboards/Scorecards, Cross-tabs using Report Services Documents.
- Created Derived Metrics, Complex Metrics forcing Dimensionality and Conditionality.
- Responsible for creating Metrics, Filters, Custom Groups & Consolidations, Compound metrics, Prompts, Transformations using MicroStrategy Desktop and Web.
- Created Complex Filters (Relationship Filters, Dynamic Filters, Embedded Filters, Custom Filters), Compound Metrics with dimensionality.
- Developed Forecasting Reports, Documents and Transformed reports by optimizing Query Performance using VLDB settings.
- Created Services, Schedules and Subscription Sets in Narrowcast Server. Involved in ETL team and worked on Informatica Power Center Designer & Server Manager to ensure efficient Transformation, Extraction, Loading of data sets, data conversion logics and mappings
- Developed various mapping using Transformation components like Expression, Aggregator, Filter-by-Expression, Sorter, Joiner, Rank, Router, Rollup, Replicate, Demoralize and Redefine.
- Implemented ETL scripts using Data Transformation services to move data from tables in Oracle database to SQL Server database.
- Performed Unit testing and Validating, resolving data issues processes and efforts of the results to meet functional requirements.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.x (Architect, Desktop, Web, Enterprise Manager, Integration Manager, Object Manager, Report Services), Teradata, SQL Server 2008/2005, Linux Shell Scripting, SQLCharter
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Developed reports implying complex filters with advanced qualifications involving the ‘Apply simple’ and ‘Apply comparison’ functions.
- Developed MicroStrategy schema objects to support new reporting requirements.
- Extensively worked on creating Application Objects like Metrics and Compound metrics, Filters, Custom Groups and Consolidations for complex reports.
- Performed administration tasks like tuning, Caching, specifying Query Governing Thresholds, and Report optimization
- Governing and monitoring job performance as an administrator.
- Created new users, roles, privileges, shared folders, access controls Lists by using security roles in MicroStrategy.
- Extensively used Micro Strategy Administrator, Architect, Desktop and Web.
- Involved in Data Modeling and Data Warehousing using Multi-Dimensional Model, Star and Snow Flake Schemas.
- Involved in generating and implementing Micro Strategy Schema objects and Application objects by creating facts, attributes, hierarchies, reports, filters, metrics, prompts and templates using MicroStrategy Desktop and Architect.
- Created transformations to-do time series analysis and to compare the values at different times such as sales at this year versus last year, or month-to-date.
- Used Drill maps in the project to allow the documents drilling from one level to another both drill up and drill down.
- Maintained the metadata repositories and taking up regular backups of the metadata.
- Involved in migrating the objects from Development to Test and then to Production Environment in Micro Strategy.
- Configured the Enterprise Manager for statistical reporting purposes.
- Involved in troubleshooting MicroStrategy Web Reports, optimizing the SQL using the VLDB Properties.
- Created Dynamic Enterprise Dashboards and utilized the new features to convert the dashboards into Flash mode.
- Involved in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Documentation and Implementation of the project.
Environment: MicroStrategy 8.x/9.x (Hotfix 2), MSTR Intelligence Server, MSTR Web Server, Object Manager, Integration Manager, Enterprise Manager, SQL 2008, Erwin Data modeler 7.2.3, Windows and Linux.RJ
- Coordinated test plans, and provided feature/functionality/usage scenarios for the Managers.
- Created Metadata Repository and Statistical tables in the data warehouse using the Configuration Wizard.
- Used MicroStrategy Project Builder in creating different Reports to meet the in-house Business Requirements.
- Generated and implemented advanced MicroStrategy Reports concepts by creating projects, attributes, hierarchies, facts, metrics, filters, Scoreboard, Dashboard and templates using MicroStrategy Architect, MicroStrategy Agent.
- Involved in troubleshooting MicroStrategy Prompts, Filters, Templates, Consolidations, and Custom groups in an enterprise data warehouse team environment. The project was connected to Data warehouse and Metadata Repository through a 3-Tier Architecture through MicroStrategy Intelligence Server.
- Performed studying the existing system and analyzing the requirements and identifying the gap items.
- Did converting the gap items into technical design documents and code specifications.
- Designed and customized reports in development and production to supply the business with improved flexibility and functionality.
- Created complex metrics with different level dimensionality, condition and transformations for user and business specific reporting needs.
- Extensively used filters, prompts, custom groups, consolidations and transformations to generate reports for Business analysis.
- Used table based Transformation objects created for comparative metrics analysis like this year last year and year to date analysis.
- Created free form and grid based reports services documents and optimize the same for Excel and HTML.
- Created Advanced Reports in grid mode and graph mode using MicroStrategy Desktop.
- Used PL/SQL procedures in different places.
- Used analytical and governing settings in VLDB properties to tune the SQL and for calculating the metrics in dealing with the Nulls and Zeroes in data.
- Developing Auto prompts to give end users a choice of different filtering criteria each time they run the report.
- Implemented Narrowcast Server Services to send reports to files and users via E-mail, based on Schedules and static and dynamic subscriptions
Environment: MicroStrategy 8.1.1 Desktop, Intelligence Server, Narrowcast Server, Web, Office, Object manager, Integration Manager, Enterprise Manager, SQL Server 2005
Strategy Developer/ Administrator
- Successfully installed and administered the MicroStrategy application on Unix platform.
- Gather and analyze the user requirements specifications of group members and business users.
- Facilitated requirements gathering & coordinated IT Support for data analysis.
- Design the logical data model and upon approval of the design by the user requirement group members.
- Developed Operational reporting system using MicroStrategy OLAP/OLTP reporting tools.
- Manage and administer different projects for our business users - CMS managers, Fraud Managers, Internal users Adhoc, daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal and yearly analysis requirements. Getting feedback from group of power users; suggested and implemented several modifications to either individual project or several reports’ objects after providing proof of concept.
- Define, design and modify 150 + different reports for our business users. The primary reports are Enrollment, Fraud Analysis, Law enforcement and Payment Analysis reports.
- Configured and administered MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, Scheduler, Server Administrator, Object Manager and other administrative tools
- Implemented end-user security via web using database security views.
- Monitored report performance and ensured most efficient SQL joins used in reports to run quickly.
- Extensively used Object Manager in duplicating, migrate objects from development to QA to production.
- Interacted with business to Analyze requirements, and DBA's to get required information for report design processes and implemented optimization techniques to enhance performance.
Environment: Oracle, SQL Server, MVS/UNIX, Windows XP, MicroStrategy 8.0.0/8.0.1BI Tool (Architect, Desktop, Intelligence Server/Scheduler, Server Administrator, Object Manager, Web)
SQL Server DBAR
- Installed SQL server 2005 on the servers according the requirements.
- Performed Upgrade of SQL server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Performed Side by Side Installation of SQL Server 2008 and 2008R2.
- Configured SQL server 2005 according the requirement.
- Performed the hardening on the SQL server2005.
- Changed SQL directories owner to the Administrator account.
- Implemented Audit policy in the system registry for SQL Server 2005
- Performed Full backup and Restored on the SQL 2005.
- Transferred the logins, jobs, linked servers.
- Upgraded DTS packages to SSIS packages.
- Created SQL admin accounts and dropped the Built-in- Admin.
- Changed all jobs owner from SA account to administrator account.
- Created maintenance plan for user databases and system databases.
- Implemented data base mail.
- Created operator and assigned the operator to the jobs.
- Implemented database mirroring.
- Implemented Fail over Clustering for Instance - I and added Instance-II (Active/Passive).
- Implemented Log Shipping and Replication (Snapshot/Transactional/Merge).
- Performed the Full backup & restore operations in Full Recovery mode.
- Supported on call on rotational basis and supported the data bases 24\7.
- Created the script to find all SQL server version, license type, service pack.
- Monitored the Performance of SQL Server using PERFMON, ranTraces using SQL Profiler, used Query Execution Plan (Table scan / Statistics). Identified the slow running queries and tuned the long running queries/SPs. Database Engine Tuning Advisor is used and tuned the indexes of the Tables to make more efficient. DB comparison Tool is used for comparing the Objects available in two Servers.
- Created the script to monitor the all server’s logical disk free spaces.
- Transferred the data base objects from dev to QA to prod.
- Revoked the public role object level permissions.
- Changed the SQL and SQL Agent account to domain accounts.
- Integration Services, Analysis Services & Reporting Services are performed using SSIS, SSAS& SSRS for different Requirements of the Client.
- Developed several SSIS Packages, extracted data from multiple Data Sources like Oracle, DB2, Excel-Flat Files, MS Access, Teradata, Cleansed//transformed data using control flow task/data flow task elements and loaded on to SQL server Databases by configuring the Connections and Deployment of Packages