- Around 7+ years of experience in analysis, design and development of enterprise level applications using J2EE technologies and Object Oriented methodologies
- Expertise in J2EE technologies - Servlets, JSP, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, AJAX, EJB2.0, JDBC, JMS and Web Services
- Expertise in implementation of MVC Struts Framework and various J2EE Design patterns
- Good knowledge and experience in implementing open source frameworks Hibernate and Spring and integrating them with other frameworks like Struts
- Experience in processing XML documents using DOM & SAX parsers and transformations using XSL
- Excellent knowledge and experience in SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, DB2, and MS SQL Server databases. Expertise in using HQL, Criterion Queries & Named Queries in Hibernate.
- Extensively used Hibernate Template, JDBC Statement, Prepared Statement, Callable Statement and Result Set interfaces while providing database functionalities
- Expertise with Apache Tomcat, BEA Web logic and IBM Web Sphere
- Proficient in both Unified Functional Testing (UFT) and Selenium IDE /Web Driver automation testing tool.
- Experience on different Operating Systems - Windows 2000/NT, Linux and Unix
- Experience in the "build & deploy" process for different environments - DEV, TEST & PROD and maintaining the version labels for the source code in the version manager
- Experience in using PMD scans and Java Profiler to find the possible memory leaks in the code and to improve performance of the application.
- Good knowledge and experience in Agile & Scrum methodologies
- Experienced in conducting code reviews to remove the vulnerabilities in the code and improve the software security
- Excellent client interaction and presentation skills and proven experience working independently and in a team
- Good at Documenting system requirements and design
- Experience in working test driven environment
- Well-versed knowledge in cloud infrastructure like Amazon Web Services (AWS), grid computing and cluster computing.
Languages: Java, C, C++
Database: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle9i/8i, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase
XML Technologies: XML, XSLT, XPath, DTD, XSD, SAX, DOM, SOAP, WSDL
Application/Web Servers: BEA Web logic, IBM Web Sphere, JBoss, Apache Tomcat Web Server
IDEs: Net Beans, Eclipse, WSAD/IRAD, My Eclipse
System Design: OOAD, MVC Struts, Hibernate, Spring, UML, J2EE Design Patterns, Gang of Patterns (GoF)
Tools: Edit Plus, Apache Ant, XML Spy, JUnit, log4j, MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Quest, Mercury Quality Centre, Rational Clear Case, VSS, WinCVS, Tortoise SVN, PVCS, soap UI, SQL Navigator, PLSQL Developer, Toad, Win SCP, Eclipse PMD, JDeveloper
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP, Linux, Unix
Confidential, Rochester, MN
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Implemented the functionalities using Java, JSP, Servlets and J2EE framework.
- Client pages are built using HTML, JSP, XML to interact with users, and the business logic is implemented using Servlets.
- Developed Action Form, Action Forward Servlets and Struts Configuration Files.
- Used AngularJS framework to bind HTML to java script objects for single page application
- Used Struts framework to manage the project in MVC pattern.
- Implemented Hibernate for persisting data into database.
- Have proficiency in using DAO and DTO patterns to persist data into database
- Used Struts Tiles Framework for designing the layout of the application.
- Created and consumed Web Services for building the business application layer.
- Consumed JQuery APIs to handle the events, Validation issues and client side functionalities.
- Interacted with the business users for understanding the requirements based on the functional requirements.
- Used JSTL and developed required tiles and tile definitions for templating and defined configuration in the Struts configuration.xml.
- Developed helper classes, delegate classes, value objects to access business tier and transfer the information from business layer to the presentation layer.
- Supported integration efforts between the Struts Action classes and the EJB's services layer.
- Developed Java classes for implementing business layer using EJB stateless session beans and deployed on the WebLogic.
- Have proficiency in using JSPs and Servlets for view and controlling parts of application.
- Used XML extensively in the process of communicating with several external applications.
- Maven used for the project builds and integration of continuous build.
- Used SVN for version control and Log4J for debugging.
Environment: Java, JSP, Servlets, J2EE, HTML, XML, MVC, Web Services, JQuery, Struts, Hibernate, Oracle
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
Sr. Java Developer
- Implemented Model View Controller (MVC) architecture using Struts Framework at the web tier level to isolate each layer of the application to avoid the complexity of integration and ease of maintenance.
- Created Action Classes which route submittals to appropriate Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) components and renter retrieved information.
- Configured Hibernate for accessing Oracle database.
- Developed Session Beans to process requests from the user and used Hibernate to retrieve and update customer information.
- Implemented Single Sign-On (SSO) using LDAP server
- Written MDBs to work with JMS for achieving asynchronous messaging.
- Developed form beans and action classes to model views and client side functionality.
- Used design patterns like MVC, Business Delegate, Service Locator, DAO and DTO.
- Developed RESTful Web Services using JAX-RS, JAXB, and XML.
- Used Struts validation framework for validating forms.
- Created Stored Procedures and Functions for Oracle 9i database server.
- Used Eclipse for writing code and CVS for version control.
- Involved in debugging and application modules.
- Used Log4J for logging and debugging purposes and Junit to perform unit testing.
- Used Web Logic application server for deploying various components of applications.
- Written ANT scripts for building the application.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Java Developer
- Involved in design phase by developing sequence diagrams and class diagrams to represent interaction between different classes using Rational Rose
- Involved in developing Transactions, Login and Reporting services in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Involved in designing and implementing enhancement projects for existing services
- Developed XSL files to transform incoming XML documents to that required by the back end business components
- Intensive interaction with different vendors and developers of other services
- Used some well-known design patterns such as Template Design pattern, Service Locator, Business Objects and Value Objects
- Developed Web Services to communicate with a gateway application
- Followed Rational Unified Process for Designing and Modeling
- Used Java Beans to automate the generation of Dynamic Reports
- Optimized database interaction by creating Indexes, Triggers, Cursors, Stored Procedures and Functions
- Developed DAO classes using JDBC to communicate with SQL server
Environment: J2EE (JDK 1.4.2, JSP, Servlets, JDBC 2.0), Web Sphere, Eclipse, XML, XSLT, XML Spy, HTML, Web Services (WSDL, XSD, SOAP), Tortoise CVS, Mercury Quality Centre, Rational Rose, MS SQL server, SQL Navigator
- Developed the Web portal using Struts MVC framework.
- Developed the business logics using Java Beans and Stateless Session Beans
- Created SQL queries and Stored Procedures for CRUD ( Create, Read, Update and Delete) operations on database
- Testing and debugging the project for proper functionality and documenting modules
- Used VSS for version control management
- Developed Session and Entity Beans to implement business functionality
- Developed reporting capabilities based on Business requirement using Jasper Reports.
- Used Application Assembly Tool for generating War and Ear files and for deployment to the Application servers
- Payment gateway integration
- Implementing quality related procedures & ensuring compliance to all quality standards
- All java components are ported into Web Logic Application server running on Linux
- Also ported on Windows NT/IIS server with Servlet Exec 3.1 as JSP Engine
- Sending status reports to management on progress of project