- Over 7 years of professional experience in all phases of software development life cycle that includes Business Analysis, Requirement gathering, Design, Development, Integration, maintenance, installation, implementation and testing of various distributed, and multi - tier web applications.
- Worked extensively on server side development technologies in Java platform like JavaEE (Servlets, JSP, JSTL, JSF, EJB, JPA, JAX-WS), Struts Frame Work, Tiles Frame Work, Spring Core, Spring MVC.
- Worked extensively on various APIs available in Java platform like JDBC, JAXP, JAXB, JNDI, Java I/O, and Networking.
- Extensive work experience on using various XML standards which includes XML Namespaces, XSD, XSLT, and XPATH.
- Developed JavaEE applications on different IDE’s like RAD 6.5/7.0/8.0, and Eclipse 3.0/3.2 and Application servers like IBM Web Sphere Application Server 6.5, 7.0 & 7.5
- Expert level skills in developing web-based GUIs using JSF, Struts framework, HTML, JSP and Java Script for web enabled applications.
- Experienced in generating logs by using Log4j, Commons Logging to audit the application and resolving issues.
- Professional working experience with Oracle, DB2 .
- Expertise in studying user requirements and preparing user case diagrams using UML and Rational Rose.
- Expertise in DB2, SQL, PL/SQL and UNIX shell scripting.
- Good knowledge in test automation using Quality Center, JUnit, TestDirector, WinRunner, LoadRunner and QuickTest Professional (QTP).
- Knowledge in identifying problem domains in scope of client requirement and fixing issues.
- Ability to work within a development team and to independently develop functional and technical specifications.
Programming Languages: JAVA 1.5 & 1.6, Java Script, Unix Shell Scripting, C & C++.
JavaEE Technologies: EJB 3.0 (Session, Entity, Message Driven), JPA, JTA, JAX-WS, Servlets, JSP, JSF.
Servers: Websphere Application Server, Apache-Tomcat, Weblogic
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML, XSL, XSLT, DTD/Schema
Tools: & IDE: Rational Application Developer, Eclipse
Database: DB2, Oracle 9i/10g, MS-SQL Server, MySQL
Frame Works: Spring, Hibernate, Struts 1.1 & 1.3,, iText, Apache Log4j 1.2, Majority of Apache Commons utilities.
Testing Tools: Quality Center, TestDirector, WinRunner, QuickTest Professional, and LoadRunner
Operating Systems: Windows XP, UNIX, LINUX
Version Control Tools: SVN, Rational ClearCase
Others: IBM Screen Recorder, XML Spy, IBM Data Studio
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Environment: Java 1.5, JavaEE, XML, JSP, JSF, Servlets, Spring, Hibernate, DB2, BART Build Tool, IBM Rational Application Developer 7.0/ 8.0, IBM Web Sphere Application Server 6.1/7.0, IBM Data Studio, JAXP, multithreading, Web Services, PL/SQL, Rational Clear Case, SVN, Windows XP, Eclipse, IBM Quality Center 11.0, HP Screen Recorder, XML Spy, WINSCP, Microsoft Visio
- Involved in all phases of software development including application design, technical design, development, testing & debugging, documentation and in corporation of user feedback to plan enhancements in the application system.
- Was also a part of Production Support and acted as a Team Lead for the application.
- Developed DB2 queries and developed object or database mapping using Hibernate API
- Involved in design and implementation of MVC architecture in different modules.
- Developing Controlling Page Navigation and Handling the Request Parameter s with Managed beans in JSF.
- Implemented JSF Converters to handle formatting and Localization and configured the faces-config.xml to create a web application navigation rule.
- Designed, developed and maintained the data layer using the Open JPA.
- Developed JAXB web services using WSDL, XSD, SOAP and XML.
- Used Microsoft Visio for developing the Use case diagrams and architecture diagrams required for the application.
- RAD for writing code and ClearCase and SVN for version control.
- Was a part of migrating the application from the server version of WAS 6.1 to WAS 7.0.
- Used WebSphere Application Server for deploying various components of applications.
- Deployed the application on different environments and did unit and integration testing.
- Involved in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Assisted QA process in test cases preparation, execution and fixing of bugs using Quality Center.
Confidential, Albany, NY
Environment: Java 1.5, JavaEE, XML, JSP, JSF, Servlets, Struts, Ant 1.5.4, Log4j, JAXP, multithreading, Web Services, IBM Websphere Application Server 6.1/ 7.0, SQL Server, PL/SQL, Oracle, Hibernate, UNIX, Windows XP, Recostar ICR Engine (Intelligent Character Recognizer Engine), Eclipse
- Established schedules, mile stones and deliverables working with Project Manger
- Instrumental in finalizing deployment models, standards and delivery methodologies by closely working with client’s Technical team
- Created various interfaces using JAVA, XML and Struts for project/ modules involving NY City business tax e-filing project.
- Designed and deployed JavaEE components using Websphere Application Server for NY City business tax e-filing project.
- Involved in using Object-Oriented methodologies, re-factoring the code, data structures, multithreading, and developed project in a maven environment.
- Designed web service with XML dynamic configuration to support new predictive models by just deploying the model code and an XML configuration file for the new model version.
- Extensively used Hibernate API for object/ database mapping for NY City business tax e-filing project.
- Used GO4 design patterns like Factory method, Singleton.
- Developed SQL queries and developed object or database mapping using Hibernate API for NY City business tax e-file.
- Written PL/ SQL procedures for batch applications for Personal Income tax processing
- Extensively used ANT scripts for developing project builds for various projects in PIT
- Planned and scheduled integration and testing tasks for the team
- Designed and developed various application naming few: HeaderRepair, ManualFormID, FullForm, ScanRepairAndRelease, Notifications.
- Extensively used Swing, Multithreading for PIT project.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Involved in the complete lifecycle (SDLC) of the project i.e. Design, Development, Implementation, Unit testing and Support and Production Maintenance.
- Developed ER Diagrams, Data flow diagrams.
- Developed Java Server Pages using PS Framework (Struts based framework).
- Involved in developing and deploying EJB’s in Websphere Server.
- Used XML for data exchange between components and for page/task flow and validations.
- Involved in implementing user friendly Error and Exception Handling.
- Wrote SQL scripts to create database objects like tables, views and sequences.
- Involved in Automation of build process by using ANT build tool.
- Designed user interfaces using HTML, DHTML, CSS, JSF and JSP.
- Involved in the Production Maintenance, bug fixing, implementing the new change requests.
- Worked on developing UML diagrams like Use Cases and designing Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams.
- Used Inversion of control in Spring Framework for dependency injection.
- Developed database objects using SQL and PL/SQL that includes stored procedures, functions packages, collections and bulk collections.
- JUnit for testing the application.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Used struts-tags and JSTL and components in developing JSPs.
- Used JMS for Messaging, and created threads for Concurrency.
- Used JSP Custom Tag Libraries.
- Developed Entity Beans to interact with Database for Retrieving, Updating and Deleting data i.e. representing business entities.
- Developed the application using Eclipse IDE and deployed it on IBM WebSphere Application Server and JBoss Application Server
- Developed session beans for different search pages i.e. implementing business logic.
- Built the presentation layer utilizing the Struts framework and MVC-Model2 Architecture.
- Responsible for implementing the JavaEE design patterns like GO4, session facade, business delegate, value object pattern, Data access objects.
- Used EJB- SQL & implemented container managed relationships.
- JUnit for testing the application.
Environment: Java, Oracle 8i, JavaEE, EJB, JSP, Servlets, Spring, JDBC, JBoss, Hibernate, HTML, Tomcat, XML, JUnit, UML, Web logic 6.0
- Coded and Tested business objects using Servlets and JavaBeans
- Interacted with Business Analyst for requirements gathering.
- Used Hibernate as part of the persistence layer to store and retrieve the data.
- Involved in discussions for building a transactional persistence tier for enterprise applications using Hibernate and Spring.
- Designed Application using Prototype Design pattern.
- Designed Java classes as per OO Design.
- Designed sequence and class diagrams with UML and flow diagrams
- Deployed application on Apache Tomcat web server.
- Developed utility classes as reusable components for ROS.
- Developed EJB (Session Bean) classes for server side components.
- Involved in JUnit testing.