- A very hands - on Software Architect / Technical lead with over 18 years of experience in developing distributed large scale enterprise applications
- Played Leadership roles at various capacities - Software Architect, Technical Lead and Project Manager for 11+ years. Experienced in high-level system architecture as well as getting into the details as needed
- Influenced management decisions by providing/recommending pragmatic technical solutions to various business problems positively impacting top-line and bottom-line
- Developed Solution Architecture and architecture roadmaps by analyzing business information flows across the enterprise for various clients like GEICO, Freddie Mac, J P Morgan Chase, Confidential, etc.
- 15+ years of solid experience in Java EE technologies and recent exposure to C# and .Net technologies
- Worked and coordinated with distributed corporate teams (technical, business, external vendors and partners) across time zones - onsite and offshore. Often functioned as a Liaison between technology and business. Worked in various geographies - USA, UK and India.
- Very good communication skills and adept at using traditional and modern means of communication as appropriate (Written, Verbal, Live Meetings, Online white boards, Conferences, Face-Face etc.)
- Worked on Agile (Scrum) and Test Driven Development Methodologies
- Very good understanding of quality processes
- Worked on various functional domains - Finance, Insurance, Retail and Technology
- Experienced in Project Planning, Task Prioritization, Effort Estimation, team building and mentoring
- Ability to multi-task stay focused, calm and vigilant while working under pressure
- Self-disciplined and motivated professional with keen interest and ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and solutions
- Extensive experience in developing high performing and scalable enterprise applications using SOA, WebServices (REST and SOAP) and various Java EE technologies across all tiers.
- Defined application architectures addressing scalability, reliability, availability, performance, security, maintainability and manageability concerns
- Hands on experience with a handful UI technologies including JSF, Struts, Spring MVC, AJAX and AngularJS
- Worked on MongoDB, Spring Data and Spring Batch.
- Extensive experience in application profiling and performance tuning
- Worked on developing a Commercial Security Product. Have hands-on experience with Single Sign on, Enterprise wide access control modeling, Application Security Audit and user provisioning. Have consulting experience on providing solutions using this product to various clients.
- Worked extensively with Legacy Integration and Legacy retirement projects
- Performed product and technology evaluations
- Worked on various industry standard architecture and design patterns
- Defined design / coding standards, checklists and performed Architecture, Design and Code reviews for various projects
- Extensive experience in Build Automation, Continuous Integration and Configuration Management.
- Knowledge / exposure to Cloud Computing, Hadoop, Oracle RTD (Business Intelligence), ESB and SOA Governance. Will be excited to enhance my skills on these.
Web-Services: SOAP, REST, WSDL, Spring, Axis, Jersey, JAX-WS
Middle/ Integration Tier: Spring, AOP, EJB, JMS, MQ, JTA, JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, BPM (jBPM), Distributed Cache (Oracle Coherence), Rules Engine (Blaze, Drools), Lucene (Search)
Big Data: MongoDB, Spring Data, Spring Batch
XML: XML, XSD, JAXP (DOM, SAX, StAX), JAXB, Fast-Infoset, XPath, X-forms
Monitoring / Management: JMX/MBeans, JAMon
Business Intelligence / Analytics: Oracle RTD (Real Time Decisions), Visual Science
Security: Single Sign-on, Access control modeling, SSL, JCE, ForgeRock (COTS product)
Design Tools: UML, Rational Rose, TogetherJ, Eclipse MDT
Code Analysis Tools: Structural Analysis, PMD, Check Style, Findbugs, Emma, Cobertura, JDepend
IDE: Eclipse, Weblogic Workshop, WSAD, JRebel
Continuous Integration / build tools: Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Ant
Automated Test tools: JUnit, HttpUnit, Appache JMeter, JSF Unit
Web Servers,: IIS, Apache, iPlanet
App Servers: JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat
Databases: Oracle, DB2, Sybase, MySQL, Java DB (in-memory DB)
LDAP servers: Apache Directory Server, iPlanet, Active Directory
Operating Systems: Solaris, Linux, Windows
Environment: Java EE 6, JBoss, Spring, AngularJS, MongoDB, JSF, Facelets, AJAX, Richfaces, JQuery, SOA, RESTful services, Blaze Rules Engine, Lucene, Hibernate, Oracle RTD, Oralce DB, JBPM, Oracle Coherence, Visual Sciences, XML, XSD, JAXB, C#
- Interact with stakeholders to understand the business context and define IT solutions to address complex business and non-functional requirements
- Analyze target business capability needs and the current system state to identify gaps and define technology roadmaps to realize the desired end state. Provided data points and recommendations to influence management decisions
- Partner with other IT units and external vendors to define and test solutions that cut across various organizational units, balancing 3 important constraints - Time to Market, Cost and Features. Examples:
- Lead multiple IT initiatives to optimize business process to reduce operational costs
- Used DocuSign to automate and optimize existing manual operations
- Defined an SOA solution to expose business functions for mobile apps
- Worked with other organizational units to provide upsell / cross sell capabilities
- Negotiated service contracts and SLAs
- Provide leadership in full lifecycle development of solutions - estimation, planning, risk management, development, metrics planning, deployment planning, post deployment support and monitoring
- Update the business and senior management on status on issues and risks across multiple initiatives.
- Perform Hands-on development leadership
- Code and test critical parts of the solution across the full stack of Java technologies and frameworks. This often served as for other developers in the team. Recent experience in C# .Net
- Use MongoDB and Spring Data to develop an application to consolidate, track and generate reports on customer interactions through various channels - Email, SMS, transaction confirmations, mobile push notifications etc. Also have exposure using Spring Batch to load large volumes of data from various data sources into MongoDB
- Work on design and implementation of a suite of Systems using SOA using RESTful services and AngularJS for UI.
- Emphasize on code quality metrics, test coverage and review process using CI builds and maven eco-system (Jenkins, Sonar, Cobertura, Emma, Checkstyle, PMD and findbugs) to ensure well-written maintainable and testable code. Quality reports are generated daily for all check-ins
- Work extensively on Performance Engineering
- Define deployment strategy and automate the development environment setup
- Mentor development teams by defining standards, guidelines and best practices, reviewing design/code and conducting various sessions
- Hands-on experience with Scrum for Agile Development
Environment: Weblogic, Spring, DB2, JDK1.5, Ant, Clearcase, SVN, JMS, Hibernate, HProf, JMeter, JProbe
- Worked on identifying and solving performance issues for online and batch applications. Used tools like HProf, JProbe, JMeter etc
- Used caching techniques to enhance performance of Pagination of UI grids with huge data
- Used Test Driven Development writing robust test suites using JUnit
- Used various design patterns and documented design using UML diagrams
- Worked on UI, Middle tier and back-end. Worked on JSF, JMS, Hibernate and Spring.
- Interfaced with various corporate teams to define and implement solutions
- Was responsible for ramping-up development teams onsite and offshore
- Worked on performance tuning and analysis. Used ‘Grinder’ as a load-testing tool.
- Played a key role in Re-architecting the core domain management application to improve the performance of OLTP system, by introducing asynchronous processing to minimize OLTP
- Designed and Implemented RIA applications using JSF, Facelets and DOJO
- Optimized the XML processing and transmission of B2B applications using XML Fast Infoset and StAX based pull parser
- Successfully envisaged and implemented a Logarithmic algorithm to rank domain names
Environment: Weblogic 8.1 SP3, Struts, EJB, DB2 8.1, Sybase, JDK1.4, Java Applets, Ant, Clearcase
- Worked on Scoping release features, schedules, planning, tracking and status reporting
- Identified risks and planned mitigation for those risks
- Was leading a team of developers and was responsible design and implementation of various modules in Pricing
- Lead a very critical activity of replacing 4 legacy applications with this new Pricing System.
- Provided technical leadership. Worked on various design patterns
- Designed and implemented a Messaging solution for asynchronous handling of bulk requests
- Successfully lead the performance tuning activity - Improved the throughput of the system to process about 1000 loans per second (earlier throughput was 150 loans per second)
- Involved in People management activities - Resolve conflicts, provide feedback, provide inputs for appraisals
- Also involved in the development using Struts, Java and EJB on Weblogic 8.1.
Associate Software Architect
- Interacted with the client’s architecture and management teams on a regular basis to understand their vision and goals
- Was leading the Portal practice to develop in-house portal expertise. (Websphere Portal)
- Designed solutions using SOA, Spring, Hibernate, JSF, EJB and other J2EE technologies
- Identified needs for various teams and organized / conducted sessions to address the same
- Involved in planning and executing load test and performance tuning
- Promoted use of various quality assurance tools. Played a key role in the forming and functioning various review boards (Architecture review board, Design review board, Code Review board)
- Worked closely with the project managers in estimates, schedules, risk management and
- Understand the existing system, identify the issues of running the system in clustered environment and provide solutions to these issues.
- Defined the deployment strategy by changing the ad-hoc application structure in to a standard EAR / WAR structure for easier maintenance and monitoring.
- Worked on design and implementation using Servlet filters, EJB WebServices, RMI services
- Used JMX to design cluster-wide health monitoring and reporting.
- Worked with various organizational units including offshore resources
- Integrated Ant and Jameleon with Cruise Control for CI and automated build and sanity testing
- Wrote scripts to automate weblogic cluster domain creation and configuration using Ant.
- Involved in Profiling and Performance tuning of the platform. This involved analysis of object creating, object retention and garbage collection
- Involved in POC, Design, development of the product
- Involved in identifying enhancements and new features necessary for the product. Involved in presentations and debates on the features required in the product
- Involved in studying customer security requirements and providing technical solutions for RFPs
- Provided security consulting to customers like ThomasCook, Friends Provident and Transco in UK