- More than 9 years of professional experience in software design and Core Java/J2EE development in BFSI domain with solid understanding of Object Oriented Design Methodology.
- Sun certified web component developer (SCWCD) and java programmer (SCJP)
- CFA Level III June 2016 Candidate
- Deep understanding in Design Patterns like Singleton, Factory, Observer, Proxy, Visitor etc.
- Expertise in Core Java concepts, such as OOP Design, Multi - Threading, Generics, Exception Handling, Collections, Java Reflection, Annotation and some other features in Java 5.
- Extensive experience in Open Source Java frameworks such as: Spring 3(Dependency Injection, Inversion of Control, Batch framework), Hibernate and Struts 1.
- Experience in J2EE Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) of business applications in Web and client-server environment using Java and J2EE patterns, together with JSP, Servlet, JDBC, XML, XSLT.
- Strong in writing SQL queries in PL/SQL, triggers, stored procedures in Relational Database Management Systems like Oracle, MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Hands-on experience in using various version control systems: SVN, CVS, Git and Github.
- Experience in major web application servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss.
- Involved in various back-end testing (QA) phases including Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Black-Box Testing, White-Box Testing, Regression Testing, etc.
- Worked with testing tools such as Junit, Mockito, PowerMockito.
- Involved in Agile Software Development Team using SCRUM, TDD (Test Driven Development).
- Proficient in tuning the performance of application using tools like Jprofiler.
- Domain knowledge of banking and financial industry especially post trade solutions, custody, corporate actions and SWIFT.
- Willing to learn new technologies and learning fast. Capable of working on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
J2EE Technologies: Java EE, JSP, Servlet, EJB, JDBC, JNDI
J2EE Frameworks: Spring 3.x, Hibernate, Struts 1.x
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/12c, MS SQL Server 2008, MySQL 5/6, DB2
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss 5.x, WebSphere
Version Control Systems: Apache Subversion(SVN), CVS, Microsoft VSS, Git and Github
Web Services: RESTful web service
Others: Jprofiler7, MAVEN
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Sr. Core Java/J2EE Developer
- Develop client side interface using Angular JS and build the project using Node.js
- Worked on UML class diagram and responsible for full SDLC stack development of the project
- Used myBatis persistence framework to map the SQL databases to Java Object
- Worked on various batches for bulk processing
- Used Jersey(RESTful based Web Services)
- Used Maven to build & deploy the application
- Implemented several Test cases for each module in Unit Testing using Junit, Mockito and PowerMockito
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Core Java/J2EE Developer
- Involved in Core Java coding by using Java APIs such as Collections, Multithreading, Exception Handling, Generics, Enumeration, and Java I/O to fulfill the implementation of business logic.
- Develop the new change requests and enhancements asked by business as well as maintain the existing code of the systems using core Java / J2EE and spring batch.
- Configured the xml files for spring batch framework.
- Involved in the Agile/Scrum based development phases.
- Worked as Production L3 support team member, handle the production issues and provide the resolution to the tickets.
- Involved in Test Driven Development by writing JUnit test case and Mockito.
- Used various Design Patterns such as Singleton, Factory, Observer, Visitor extensively.
- Elicited key business requirements and objectives by interacting with stakeholders and proposed solutions
- Code review participation and involved in code re-factoring of existing legacy system.
- Involved in weekly team and status meeting.
Sr. Core Java Developer
- Participated in Agile Development Team, focusing on activities such as SCRUM meeting, task assignment, work stack prioritization, backlog management and ensuring continuous delivery of features
- Develop the new change requests and enhancements asked by business as well as maintain the existing code of the systems using core Java APIs such as Collections, Multithreading, Exception Handling and Generics, Hibernate and spring batch.
- Configured the xml files for Hibernate and applied its Object Relational Mapping (ORM) to enable the data transactions between POJO and Oracle Database using caching on Session Factory as well as caching on query.
- Worked on performance tuning of different batches including profiling of bottleneck areas, tuning the SQL queries and refactoring code for better performance which reduced the time to execute the batch schedule by 50%
- Developed Mock JUnit Test cases to mock Business functionality testing using Mockito.
- Streamlined engineering processes and provided system training, best practices and project-based leadership to team members
- Used JIRA for project management, analyzing burn charts and defect tracking.
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Involved in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Gathering business logic and requirements, then figure out technical solutions for better implementation.
- Extensively involved in coding with core Java concepts like Collections, Exception Handling, Java I/O, and Generics to implement some business logic.
- Built DAO package as well as DAO IMPL package to implement the data access logic using JDBC.
- Extensively involved in writing PL/SQL to implement CRUD (Create Retrieve Update Delete) data in Oracle Database.
- Wrote JUnit test case for back-end logic implementation development.
- Provide Log4J for QA, and communicated with QA for further modification.
- Used Microsoft VSS for version control and JIRA for tracking bugs.
- Involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Participated in the requirement analyzing process and business logic assessment, having communication directly with clients.
- Developed server side logic using Struts 1.2 using JSP, validation framework and custom tags.
- Developed interfaces required for interaction between BaNCS and external platforms using batch framework.
- Communicated with QA team and did the testing and modification based on feedback.
- Stored high volume of data in tables using BLOB and converting back to string using JAVA.
- Implemented business logic using SQL queries and stored procedures to save and retrieve information from database. Wrote Callable Statement to call stored procedures and Prepared Statement to block SQL injection.
- Acquired knowledge of Corporate Action functionality with corresponding SWIFT messages
- Used CVS for version control.