Software engineer lead with over 7+ years of experience implementing software modules for mobile embedded devices and phones, cloud security systems, android systems, and web applications/services; led architecture of android sub - systems that add device management and security features, which allows for remote monitoring and tracking. Designed new User Interface (UI) for a back-end cyber security product used by governments, which resulted in additional customers. Led re-design and coding of software stack, which helped re-brand the product for a low-cost customer segment; proposed and implemented test automation and serviceability solution for multiple programming languages, accounting for improvement in software quality by 25%.
Operating Systems: Android (full-stack), Linux, Microsoft Windows, Unix, Solaris
Software: Real-time OS, Embedded Linux (ARM/x86), Firewall, Bluetooth, Android, Bluez, WLAN, Linux, Networking Protocols, GUI development, MIDP/CLDC, Maven, SVN, JUnit, Git, Perforce, Clearcase, CppCTest, JUnit. Apache Tomcat
Networking: TCP/IP, LAN, Voice over IP (VoIP), Wireless Technologies, Socket Programming, Routing Protocols, VPN, Mobility (Android and iOS)
D Confidential base: SQLite, PostgreSQL
Confidential, San Jose, California
Senior Software Engineer
Technology: Core Java, C, XML, Python, Shell Script, Linux, Firewall, Networking TCP/IP, VPN, Security, Perforce
- Enhanced firewall stack to support virtualized network ports and interfaces and implemented backwards compatibility for physical ports, enabling cloud deployment solution for d Confidential centers.
- Improved application logging by integrating open-source libraries for WR Linux, improved defect detection by 15% by creating automation software based on Google Test framework (C/C++ code), code coverage (python), and coverage for shell scripts.
- Programmed secure firewalls and proxies for custom architectures. Performed risk assessments/security overview on mission critical systems.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, California
Senior Software Engineer, Office of CTO
- Part of the CTO team to prototype network protocol/application detection system
- Development of dynamic system to discover, label, parse and identify the protocols/applications on-the-fly, extract metad Confidential, and discover the identity of users
- Increased new technology awareness and demo quality in customer briefings by implementing a novel web user interface for automatic application reverse engineering and identification.
- Reduced time to parse flows by 25% by computing protocol similarities, increasing UI conciseness.
Confidential, San Jose, California
Technology: Android App Development, Android framework and OS internals, Core Java, C, C++, SQL, XML, Linux, Bluetooth, HTTP Proxy, JUnit, TCP/IP
- Created Bluetooth profiles, hands-free and phonebook access, on android and java-based Linux platforms to enable customers’ switch between mobile devices (phones and tablets) seamlessly.
- Created enterprise-grade security by enhancing open-source libraries for HTTP/HTTPS protocols and implemented integration with WebEx, Chat, and Browser applications to route web traffic through secure severs. Championed an early field program for proxy feature by recruiting customers, briefing IT deployment, and capturing defect trends leading to over $1M revenue.
- Created service to provide centralized device management for mobile and desk phones. Optimized service by 30% by automatic app provisioning, call control (VoIP) registration, all feature personalization based on user ps.
- Created a mobile information device profile (MIDP) on Linux OS to run Apps (MIDlets) for Java ME environment. Added scanner to the wireless phones scanned using app (MIDlet) leading to $8M business case for Home Depot retail segment. Created UI for Visual voicemail app (MIDlet) and implemented integration with backend voicemail server.
- Reduced product lifecycle by 50% by leading agile practices and test-driven development processes, delivering Cisco’s first android enterprise phone.
- Responsible for driving the architecture, design and development for the technology stack for the product suite from a security perspective.
- Led design and development of best-in class Wireless Phones on Linux Platform, Security and Application SDKs
- Led the development of Mobile Technologies (such as VPN, Integration with Wifi/3G/4G networks, HTTP Proxies) on Linux-based Platforms
- Worked as a Technical leader for Agile, Waterfall, and Test-driven development processes while managing software development cycles, project planning and scheduling, managing quality and release
- Built architecture guidelines for Cellular, Bluetooth, VPN, and Device & Application Management for Linux-platform Android devices based on Froyo 2.1, ICS 4.1, and JB 4.3 software stack
- Demonstrated leadership in automation in the product development process, both software development and testing by enhancing existing automation toolset capabilities using JUnit, and by implementing automation tests in C/JAVA to reduce the product life cycle delivery
- Part of a team to develop and drive the Cellular technologies like HSPA+, 4G/LTE for embedded endpoints
- Interacted with Product Marketing on product requirement and roadmap, and interacted with the external parties, evaluating/ of Open source / third party software/tools.
- Consultative planning (CCNA/CCNP) for network-related customer solutions to enable and accelerate client business success
- Designed Java-based MIDlet application store for a cutting-edge Linux-based phones partnering with SUN Microsystems
Confidential, Raleigh, North Carolina
Technology: C, C++, Shell Script, Networking TCP/IP
- Member of a team to engineer Confidential product, solving business problem of work-group collaboration
- Designed and developed Routing Integration Layer (IL) Simulator and Unit Test System for embedded Software Development of Confidential Test Center product.
- Created test plan/suite using Tool Command Language and Java for testing Networking Protocols by utilizing C/C++ on UNIX Operating System for software development.