- Over 7 Years of experience in analysis, design, development and deployment of enterprise applications with strong expertise in Object Oriented JAVA, J2EE and Client Server technologies.
- Experience on Complete System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with participation in Object - oriented analysis, architectural design, and with active involvement in development, testing and application deployment.
- Strong experience in Development and implementation of Web applications using Java and JEE technologies JSP, EJB, Java Servlets, JDBC, Java Beans, JNDI, JMS, Java Mail, WebServices, XML, XSL, HTML, CSS and Java Script.
- Experience in JSF, spring, Hibernate and Struts framework.
- Extensive working experience on J2SE technologies like Core Java 1.6(JDBC, Collections, Garbage collection, Threads and Exception Handling) and worked on J2EE like Servlet, JSP, JMS and EJB 2.0.
- Experience on OOP (Objective Oriented Programming) like Inheritance, polymorphism, Abstraction and Encapsulation.
- Proficiency in programming with different Java IDE's like IBM RAD 6.x/7.x, Eclipse Ganymede, WSAD.
- Experience in developing WebServices client and exposing existing java components as WebServices.
- Strong exposure working with J2EE design patterns like MVC, Front Controller, Data Accessor, Value Object, Singleton and Session Facade.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Good Knowledge in Object Relational Mapping (ORM) tool Hibernate.
- Extensive experience in programming, deploying, configuring, fine-tuning of middle-tier popular J2EE Application Servers like IBM WebSphere 6.0, BEA Web Logic 10gR3 and Tomcat 6 web server.
- Experienced in the functional usage and deployment of applications in WebSphere and Apache Tomcat.
- Experience in Database and Interfacing skills using SQL, PL/SQL & Stored Procedures.
- Good knowledge in the databases Oracle, MySQL.
- Possess excellent technical skills and exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts.
- Good team player and flexible to adapt to the new tools, technologies required for the project with a steep learning curve
- Excellent analytical thinking ability and communication skills.
Languages: Java 6, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, C++, UML, PHP, Python, Visual Basic
Java/J2EE Technologies: J2EE, Servlets, JSP, EJB, JSTL, JDBC, JavaBeans, Struts 2.0, Hibernate, Spring 3.0, ANT, MAVEN, Log4j, XML, DOM, JNDI, JMS, JUNIT, Multithreading, Custom Tags
Frameworks and IDE’s: Struts 2.0/1.2, Spring 3.0/2.5/2.0, Hibernate 3.x, AJAX, Spring IOC, Eclipse 3.6/3.4/3.1/3.0 , NetBeans 6.7/6.0.
Web/Application Servers: Web Logic 10.3.2/9.2/8.1 , IBM Web Sphere 7.0/6.1/5.1, Apache Tomcat 5.x/4.x, JBOSS 4.x.
Database Environments: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 , PL/SQL, MySQL, JDBC, ODBC, MS-Access.
Internet Protocols: FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, IMAP, SSL, SSH, SOAP, TCP/IP, POP3, SMTP.
Operating Systems: Windows 7/XP/2000/NT/98, UNIX, LINUX, and SUN OS.
Web Service Technologies: SOAP, XSD, Apache Axis, WSDL and UDDI.
Version Control Tools: Rational Clear Case, Rational clear quest, CVS, SVN.
Build Script: ANT, shell scripts.
Tools: & Messaging System: JUnit 3.8.1, Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio 2003, Log4j, JMS 1.1.
Patterns: Core J2EE design patterns (business delegate, service locator, session façade, DAO, DTO, Singleton, etc).
Methodologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile, V Model, Waterfall, OOAD, SOA, TTD, SDLC, Iterative, XP (Extreme Programming).
- Understanding of business requirements and system needs.
- Designed and developed the user interface screens using JSP, HTML, and AJAX technologies.
- Implemented all the components of Struts Framework.
- Implemented object-relational mapping files using Hibernate
- Developed logging framework by using Lg4j throughout the application.
- Implemented exception framework for custom exceptions in the application.
- Used Rational Application Developer (RAD 6.0) as IDE tool for the application development and integration.
- Implemented Web Services client to access the exposed web service.
- SOAP messages were used for communication between web service client and service provider.
- WSDL was used to describe web service operations and expose Web Service to the outside world.
- Involved in performance testing, analyzing and preparing test results documents.
- Understanding of business requirements and system needs.
- Developed Servlets that handle the security settings and access privileges.
- Used Spring Core for Dependency Injection.
- Designed the application by implemented STRUTS Framework based on MVC Architecture, simple Java Beans as a Model, and JSP as View and ActionServlet as a Controller.
- Designed JSPs that manage the show for the screens and various GUI navigations.
- Designed and developed WebServices (SOAP) client using AXIS to send service requests to WebServices.
- Designed and developed the Java Bean components and O/R Mapping using Hibernate.
- Used JUnit for system testing.
- Used Web server for deploying the web content with fully configurable client access privileges.
- Extensively used the Eclipse IDE for all coding in Java, Servlets, and JSPs.
Java J2EE Developer
- Contributed to: Design, User Interaction, Development, Testing & Implementation, and Support.
- Understand the business requirements and analyze the course of action, as billing was done by a middleware run on mainframe.
- Gathered information to interact with mainframes in copybook format (Technical Document).
- Used JDBC statements, prepared statements and callable statements to get data from the database.
- Implemented various J2EE design patterns like Session Façade, Business Delegate, DAO, Singleton patterns, etc.
- Used JSP pages to provide dynamic content to HTML Pages, created the Action classes, Action Form classes, and configured Struts-Config.xml for action forwards, global forward, and for reusing the templates.
- Involved Spring Framework for dependency injection and integrated with Struts Framework and Hibernate.
- Created individual Object/Relational Hibernate mapping files to hold Meta data for connecting with multiple databases.
- Extensively used Log4J for logging in the application and used SVN to build scripts to control and compile the source codes in different environments.
- Had the responsibility of testing the use case by writing the Unit test cases and had good experience in using JUnit to test the application.
- Developed SQL queries, joins, and PL/SQL Stored Procedures using Oracle.
- Responsible for deploying the WAR file in the QA box for QA to be carried out and fix the issues, if any reported by the QA team, using ClearQuest.
Environment: Core Java, JDK 1.4, JDBC, J2EE, JSP, Servlet, Hibernate, Struts, Spring, XML, XSLT, EJB, Oracle, SQL, JBoss, Eclipse, JUnit, ClearQuest, Log4J, Maven, Linux
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Involved in designing and programming for the system, which includes development of Process Flow Diagram, Entity Relationship Diagram, Data Flow Diagram and Database Design.
- Adopted J2EE best Practices, using CoreJ2EE patterns.
- Developed application in Eclipse environment using Struts based MVC framework.
- Created JSPs using JSTL and Struts tag libraries.
- Developed Struts Action and ActionForm classes.
- Created the Tile definitions as required.
- Performed SQL operations using Oracle Database.
- Used Session Beans for business logic and Entity Beans for database persistence.
- Deployed J2EE components (EJB, Servlets) in WebLogic Application server.
- Performed unit testing using JUnit framework.
- Participated in Functional Design Document and Technical Design Document reviews.
- Actively participated and contributed to establishing Standards and Guidelines.
Java J2EE Developer
- Created UML diagrams representing the entity relationships between the servers.
- Created sequence and class diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Contributed in analysis and low-level design of project specification.
- Prototype of Structural pattern implemented by MVC Struts framework, with a controller Servlet.
- Development of Action Forms, Action and Validating Action Forms in Struts Framework and configuring Action Mappings in Struts-config.xml
- Designed the user interface using Java and JSP.
- Supported Production Team members in the development and testing of production Implementation Plans and the Midrange group during Migrations.
- Responsible for building projects in deployable files (WAR files and JAR files).
- Designed and Deployed Session Beans on WebLogic Application Server.
- Had the responsibility to test the use case by writing the Unit test cases and have good knowledge in usage of JUnit to test the application.
Java Portal Developer
- Involved in design of the application module and applied appropriate design patterns.
- Efficiently organized code reviews and technical specification reviews with senior architects and business analysts.
- Implemented Struts Frame Work based on MVC paradigm.
- Created Struts config, validation files and tile definitions using Struts Framework and also worked with Dispatch Action classes.
- Struts Framework was used for Internationalization, to provide different language support and also to integrate JSPs and DAOs.
- Action Forms used for performing data validation; Action Classes used for executing specific requests from the client.
- Configured Web Logic Application server and deployed the web components into the server.
- Developed the EJB components like Session Beans (stateless).
- Used J2EE design patterns like Value Object Pattern, MVC, Session Facade, Business Delegate, Service Locator and DAO.
- Used UML to design use case, activity, and sequence and class diagrams for the application.
- Provided weekly project status to the manager.
- Developed DAOs to connect to the Oracle database.
- Developed all the J2EE components using Eclipse.