- 5+ years of experience in software development using various SDLC phases such as design, analysis, coding, testing, implementation of client/server and web applications.
- Strong experience with Ruby on Rails web applications based on Model - View-Controller (MVC) architecture.
- Experience in developing applications using Ember.js, AngularJS, Bootstrap like Grids, Toolbars, Panels and button etc.
- Developed full stack of web applications in Ruby on Rails on collaborative team environment.
- Good knowledge of monitoring Ruby on Rails programs and program data to make sure that the applications are running as per the expectations.
- Very good knowledge in interacting with RESTful web services.
- Experience in implementing Rails MVC and Helpers.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies like MongoDB and with SQL technologies like MySQL.
- Experience in writing database Queries, Stored Procedures, and functions, packages, tables, views, triggers and data connectivity.
- Strong experience in creating databases that includes Query Optimization as well as configuration.
- Involved in Database Migration using ACTIVE Records, also involved in using Action Controller, Active Resources, Factories and Action View in Rails.
- Good experience in implementing Rails Migration like rake tasks, Active Record, Action Pack and Action Mailer.
- Experience in Unit Testing, Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD).
- Good experience in writing test cases using Rails RSPEC, Cucumber.
- Extensively used RSPEC to create Test Driven Development.
- Strong exposure to most of the Gems and libraries of Ruby.
- Good command over Testing during different stages of testing such as Unit Testing, Integration Testing and System Testing.
- Good experience in JAVA and J2EE technologies
- Worked on integrated environments like RubyMine, Sublime, and Eclipse.
- Expertise in using and implementing Object-Oriented Analysis and Design concepts.
- Good experience in AGILE development and Scrum methodology.
- Great experience with troubleshooting and debugging the code.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in installation and configuration of multiple versions of Ruby using RVM (Ruby Version Manager) bundler install.
Programming Languages: Ruby, Java, C, C++.
Web Design: HTML5, HTML, HAML, CSS3, Responsive Web Design.
Databases: SQLite, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL.
Application, Web Servers: WEBrick, Apache Tomcat.
Test Frameworks: Rspec, Cucumber
Frameworks/Architectures: Rails, Spring.
Development Tools: Sublime Text 3, RubyMine, Brackets, Eclipse.
Version Controllers: Git Hub, SVN.
Deployment Tools: Amazon EC2, Heroku.
Design and Process: AGILE and Waterfall.
Tracking tools: Asana, Jira.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Unix, Ubuntu, MAC OS.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Designed and developed phases of the application usingRORframework.
- Involved in full life cycle of the projects.
- Implemented and enhanced CRUD operations for the applications using the MVC (Model View Controller) architecture of Rails framework and Ruby conducting code reviews.
- Used GIT for Version Control System.
- Worked with different authentication levels and implemented Authentication Logic with Can-Can integration for testing the existing Login plug-ins.
- Designed and developed the front-end of the application using RAILS, AJAX, CSS, JSON AND JQuery. Active Records is used for the back-end of the application.
- Used JQuery, AngularJS to manipulate DOM, registering callbacks or watching the model changes.
- Involved in writing Rake task for updating database.
- Implementing Ruby gems.
- Created and deployed new features to sustain and amend existing applications.
- Used RSpec, minitest (TDD), Cucumber (BDD) to specify and test controller classes, models, view templates and helpers. The results improved the application code design, helped reduce unnecessary coding and improved future code design.
- Implemented cost-sensitive algorithms to train models on the original multi-class imbalanced dataset.
- Created Restful web services to interact with UI.
- Work with Application team to connect and bring automation test cases within the continuous integration process.
- Experience in working with HAML which gives flexibility to have some dynamic content in HTML.
- Deployed application using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Recreated attr accessor with met programming using Ruby's define method.
- Created a class to perform mass assignment and another to interact with the database.
- Integrating third party REST API's with new and existing web applications.
- Involved in application Code Review and Bug Fix issues.
- Used Ruby Mine (IDE) for debugging the code and phase out bugs from the code.
- Wrote RSpec and Cucumber tests in the application.
- Experience with Jira for keeping track of development.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
Ruby on Rails Developer
- Worked in the design and development phases of the application usingRORframework.
- Used Rails, AJAX, JSON, CSS and JQUERY, Ember.js to design the front end of the application.
- Involved in developing and implementation of the Backend web application using Ruby on Rails.
- Developed Object Relational mapping (ORM), CRUD, and created active record models Using Active Records.
- Created and deployed new features and amend existing features.
- Extensive used Ruby Gems and scripting using Ruby Core and Ruby Standard Libraries.
- Involved in developing and implementation of the web application using Ruby on Rails.
- Coding using Ruby on Rails and also used JQUERY, HTML5 and advanced JS for better look and feel.
- This involves designing database model for the entire application like creating tables, views and stored procedure using MongoDB.
- Special skills in developing user friendly, simple yet effective web based applications.
- Architected customer-facing and administration web applications in Ruby on Rails utilizing test driven development with RSpec 3.1 and Capybara.
- Managing code versioning with GitHub.
- Designed and implemented a method for the business team to store thousands of scalable product attributes, reducing time dependency on service provider from 2+ weeks to instant previews.
- Developed a rich UI/UX with HTML5, JQuery, Bootstrap and Less.
Confidential, Wala, Wala, WA
- Actively involved in analysis of the system requirements specifications and involved in client interaction during requirements specifications.
- Actively involved in designing and developing various layouts for the application.
- Extensively used Scaffolding in order to develop the controller and view part of the system.
- Involved in designing the database tables, wrote several queries in order to display the tables according to the queries.
- Extensively used GIT for version controlling, and deploying the project using Heroku Amazon EC2.
- Extensively used Regular Expressions for the purpose of pattern matching.
- Involved in the backend programming of the application in Ruby on Rails.
- Involved in creating nested forms for the users in order to facilitate them customize their templates.
- Used Restful API in order to procure the information related to sales.
- Created reports in HTML and PDF formats using MYSQL database.
- Proactive involvement in managing and coordinating the work with an offshore team.
- Proactively used and implemented Object-Oriented concepts with respect to the application.
- Wrote RSpec and Cucumber tests in the application.
- Involved in making many validations, scope for many models in the database and responsible for creating many number of applications within those models.