Confidential has 14 years of professional experience in architecting, designing, developing, and deploying large - scale, complex business software solutions. He has proven records in building and leading development teams to deliver on time within budget under dynamic environment. He was a major contributor in architecting the web portal for the IBM US Customs Modernization Project to develop a large scale web application to secure the border of our nation and speed up the movement of vessels and vehicles crossing the border. He has extensive experience with large scale OO development at AT&T, Confidential, and Network Solutions. Confidential is a Sun Certified Enterprise Architect. He is looking for a Sr. Java Architect opportunity to use Java technologies (J2EE, Hibernate, Spring, JMS, SOA, WebSphere, RAD, JUnit, etc) to provide solutions for complex business systems.
Java Technology: J2EE, JEE, JDBC, JMS, JavaMail, JNDI, EJB, JSP, Servlet, Portlet, Swing
Middleware: WebSphere MQ, MQ Series, JMS, Web Service, SOAP, SOA, ESB, EAI, Oracle Advanced Queue, CORBA, RMI, EJB, ActiveWeb
IDE: Rational Application Developer (RAD/Eclipse) 6.0/7.0, NetBeans 6.0.1, WSAD 5.0/5.1, Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003/2005.
Application Server: WebSphere Application Server (WAS), Advanced Edition/5.0/6.0/6.1, WebSphere Portal Server (WPS) 4.1.2, Secure Way LDAP Server V3.2.2, Oracle App Server, ATG Dynamo, WebLogic 7.0, Tomcat 4.0/5.0/6.0.
Framework: J2EE, Spring, Hibernate 3.0, Struts, .NET 2.0, Home Grown Web App and Swing Frameworks, Home Grown .NET Framework
Methodologies: Agile, Extreme Programming (XP), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Universal Modeling Language (UML), Design Patterns, and Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/OOD)
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista, Linux, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris
Sr. Java Developer
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Designed and developed hold services of the modernized Air Manifest System for Customs officers and PGA to place/remove a hold on specific cargo shipments that need further examinations for various security and compliance reasons.
- Practiced Agile Extreme Programming methodology by emphasizing on JUnit tests and continuous integration and short build cycle.
- The services are architected as multi-layered (interface layer, business layer, and persistence layer) as in the sea and rail manifest project.
- Designed and developed Inbond services of the modernized Sea and Rail Manifest System for brokers to request movement of imported cargo under bond via US Customs Automatic Broker Interface (ABI). The service is architected with three layers: 1) interface layer; 2) business layer; and 3) persistence layer.
- The interface layer is consisted of session and message driven EJBs hooked up with Plain-Old-Java-Objects (POJO) in business layer by using Spring framework.
- The business layer implemented business rules without worrying about EJB plumbing and persistence details.
- And the persistence layer uses Hibernate to map Java objects to DB2 relational database tables.
- Held joint Design Sessions (JDS) with CBP domain experts to finalize requirements and define business rules for truck manifest system.
- Completed architecture, design, and service definitions.
Confidential, Sterling, VA
- Led a development team implemented the first voucher management system in the nation for the substance abuse and Access To Recovery (ATR) Federal funded program.
- The system was deployed in the states of Illinois, Tennessee, and Wyoming.
- The system was developed with .NET technology, using a proprietary home-developed framework benefiting from both MVC model and .NET technology.
- Architected and led the development of a series of RFID products
- A vehicle and personnel access control system based on RFID technology; and 2) IDTrack - An RFID based asset and inventory tracking system.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Involved in the implementation of web portal for the Customs Modernization project.
- The portal allows Customs inspectors to inspect goods on vehicles crossing the border and allows trade community to communicate with Customs.
- It consists of Swing user interface for the border inspectors, and a web based portlet user interface for trade community and casual users.
- The Swing interface has a framework responsible for customized widgets, communication among screens, and communication between screens and data access layers.
- The portlet interface uses an enhanced Struts framework developed specifically for Customs project.
- Led the development of Intermec RFID reader Java driver, which consists of native C++ code talking with the reader and Java interface available to application developers; developed Symbol barcode reader Java driver via serial port; and led the integration of RFID and barcode readers with Java Swing and Portlet applications.
- Involved in Analyzing and Architecting a secure and large scale web-based application for US Customs to handle all transactions of millions of trucks in and out of each port along the Nation’s border. Specifically, worked with Enterprise Architecture team and proposed a modified architecture for the portal system.
- The original portal system was developed with portlets, a kind of servlets, which cannot handle native devices (such as RFID readers, barcode scanners, and SLIP printers used at customs primary booths) due to Java security model and performance requirements.
- The proposed architecture consists of Swing for heavy internal users and portlets for trade and casual users.
- It has been adopted by Customs in the Customs Modernization project.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Played a leading role in architecting and developing a national substance abuse web-based application in .Net framework.
- Specifically, reviewed prototype codes and design of the project, communicated with developers to fully explore the potential delivered by .NET, proposed and supervised the implementation of a home grown framework based on Struts but tailed to .NET.
- Proposed a J2EE solution to Confidential to re-engineer its Provider Consumer Information System (PCIS) and won the contract.
- Managed a team of seven in the re-engineering effort, which includes code walk-through, code rewriting, and adding new functionalities.
- The project was finished on time within budget, with great customer satisfaction.
Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Proposed a pricing solution to the upper management and business group; architected, designed, and led the implementation of a pricing and catalog system, which includes a Java Corba server, a web based client, and a client library for integration with other components within the enterprise. Production operations proved this is a high performance, robust, reliable system benefited from careful OO design and appropriate use of Java technology. It is still in operations at Network Solutions today.
- Architected, designed, and implemented a high performance, dynamic content email server with JavaMail to send large amount of email messages to customers based on order fulfillment status and customer profiles.
- Designed and developed a web - based application for millions of customers to renew domain name registrations. The application uses servlets, JSP, JDBC, EJB, and J2EE technology.
- Reengineered Network Solutions' credit card transaction system, which handles credit card authorization, fund transfer, charge back, and settlements with the bank, credit card processor, and outside payment vendors. The system handles credit card transactions for 10+ millions customers that register Internet domains with Network Solutions. It is a highly robust and reliable system.
- Resolved various technical difficulties at component or system level, such as Socket Connection Pooling issue, Firewall tunneling issue, Message Queue performance enhancement, multithreading, and mail server nook attack.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Designed and Developed a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) as a client side adapter of ActiveWeb that links front-end Clarify customer care application and backend Kenan ordering-billing application via middleware ActiveWeb (which was later purchased by WebMethod and used as its integration Broker).
- Designed and implemented the integration of billing and ordering functions for a Kenan billing system.
- Designed and developed an on-line credit card processing program, which establishes a TCP/IP connection between the merchant's workstation and the credit card processor Paymentech's server with sockets.
- Involved in the development of a local telephone ordering system, which is a multilayered, modularized, object-oriented application in a multi-tiered client/server environment.
- This project was one of the earliest large scale OO development projects, with high level design helped by Confidential .
- Involved in the development of a graphical user interface for a local telephone ordering system.
- The GUI consists of many windows and tabs, as well as complex validations and cross-validations.
- It was developed with C++, Neuron Data, and X Windows in HP-UX.