- 7+ years of experience in implementing and providing support for new software solutions, and development and assessment of existing infrastructure. Strong focus on design and user capabilities.
- Extensive experience in project management in software and IT environments across varied clients. Have managed client/server based network programming, government security systems, productivity software, and anti - virus solutions.
- Extensive experience in software product development with Waterfall and Agile models.
- Design and implement application enhancements in collaboration with different teams
- Lead development team to achieve key business objectives
- Collaborate with the team on application architecture design and decision-making
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in web application development including front end and back end.
- Extensive experience in object-oriented languages and dynamic programming languages (Python, Ruby, Perl).
- Good experience in implementing client and distributed service components using WebServices, SOAP for Java environments.
- Sound knowledge and expertise in Relational Database Design and SQL.
- Experience in configuring, deploying and integrating applications on Sun Solaris, Linux and Windows.
- Expertise in implementing J2EE technologies (JSP, Servlets, JavaBeans, JDBC, JNDI, Struts Framework and EJBs) to develop Enterprise software applications.
- Excellent experience in using application servers IBM’s Websphere, BEA’s WebLogic, and responsible for development, deployment and configuration of EJB, Servlets, Struts, JSP and external components.
- Experience in (SDLC) software development life cycle of software engineering requirements analysis, design, development and documentation.
- Experience in GUI development using JSP, Java Beans and Java Swing.
- Working experience with data transformation frameworks and technologies, including ESB, XML, XML Schema's, XSLT, XPath, SOAP, REST, and WSDL
- Release and build management experience.
- Strong experience in designing, implementing and performing Unit tests, regression tests and Integration tests of Model and View components using unit test frameworks like JUnit.
- Comfortable in communicating at all levels of management and can acclimatize to various team situations.
- Capacity and ability to coordinate with different groups (testing, requirements, production, process, change management) within the organization to meet the needs of the organization.
- Proven experience in consistently meeting deadlines and working within tight schedules.
Programming Language: Java (J2SE), J2EE, C/C++, Perl, Python, C#, Ruby, PHP, Bash Shell Script
Java/J2EE Technologies: JDBC, RMI, Java AOP (using Aspect J), Multi-threading, Spring dependency Injection, Spring AOP, Spring MVC with REST, Spring MVC with Ajax, Spring Transaction, Spring ROO, Spring MVC Form Handling, Spring Security, Log4J, CDI, XML, CORBA
Web Services: SOAP, WSDL, SAAJ, JAX WS with EJB, REST, JAX- RS, WADL, WSIT Binary Attachment Scheme (MTOM/XOP), WSIT Security
Database: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Sybase, SQL, PL/SQL, ERD
Object Oriented: OOA/D, UML, Design Patterns
Operating System: RHEL 6.7, SLES 11 SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 2012
Networking: TCP/IP, RPC, HTTP, Security
Source code Mgmt: CVS, SVN, RCS, SCCS, ClearCase, TrueChange, SourceSafe, Git
Application Servers: IIS, Tomcat, Apache, WebLogic, JBoss, WebSphere
Middle Tier: Spring, EJB3, ActiveMQ
ORM: Hibernate, JPA, MyBatis, JDO
Test tools: JUnit, HttpUnit, Selenium, Mockito, FitNesse, Arquillian
Security: Software based firewall
Build tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, CI- Hudson, Onejar, Proguard
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJIDEA, MyEclipse, JBuilder, JDeveloper, Rational Rose, SQL Developer
Others: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Atlassian product, Jira, Alfresco, Rational Team Concert, JavaFX, Documentum
Development Methodology: Agile, Rapid Application Development (RAD)
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
Senior Java Developer
- Worked with end customer to analyze requirements.
- Designed, developed, tested, documented and maintained software applications.
- Involved in complete development lifecycle using Agile Development Methodology/SCRUM and tested the application in each iteration.
- Developed the server side RESTful web service APIs to process requests from iOS and android mobile clients.
- Developed the Java service layer using Java 8, Jersey, Jackson, JSON, Spring framework and Microservice architecture.
- Developed the persistence layer using JDBC, Hibernate ORM and Oracle RDBMS.
- Designed and developed unit, functional, integration and regression testing using Junit, Mockito and Spring test framework.
- Built and deployed the packaged application to WebLogic application server using Maven, Jenkins and eclipse.
- Implemented messaging system using JMS, MQ and Spring.
- Followed software engineering best practices and OOA/D.
- Developed stored procedures and prepared statements for updating and accessing data from database.
- Wrote shell and python scripts to analyze logs and create test data.
- Maintained documentation using swagger API and twiki.
- Participated in code review using SourceTree and git.
- Trained and mentored junior developers.
Environment: Java 8, Spring framework, Hibernate, Maven, Eclipse, Jersey, Jackson, JMS, MQ, JAXB, JSON, JIRA, Git, SourceTree, Oracle, Junit, Jenkins, Mockito, WebLogic, Ubuntu.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Senior Software Engineer
- Led a small development team to design, develop and enhance enterprise application.
- Acted as a team member for the development and implementation of complex application components/modules.
- Participated in and led code reviews. Led and provided mentoring and guidance to less senior developers.
- Independently implemented end-user and enterprise solutions prepared by more senior technologists for more complex solutions.
- Provided expert-level knowledge to business partners to collaboratively solve high complexity problems.
- Resolved customer problems and built high quality software.
- Collaborated with product owners, leadership and development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Worked with team on customer enhancements and patch releases.
- Worked with the testing teams to triage and resolve defects identified during testing. Was responsible for helping the support team triage and resolve defects found in our production systems.
- Interfaced with cross functional teams to ensure timely solution and good quality.
- Educated and trained software developers on Java/J2EE and UI/UX components, frameworks, and libraries.
- Researched, identified and utilized appropriate tools, libraries, frameworks, and languages to solve problems and deliver results using the most effective methods.
- Identified and corrected problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback.
- Designed and prepared test plans for unit, functional and regression testing.
- Created database design, tables, indexes, roles, views, normalization of tables in Oracle.
- Designed and developed application modules and business components using Servlets, Core Java, J2EE, Struts, Spring, ActiveMQ, XML, XSLT, Hibernate, JPA.
- Used JMS to handle messaging between different application modules.
- Used AJAX for dynamic page validation and updates.
- Developed and consumed REST and SOAP web services using JAX-WS, JAX-RS and spring.
- Wrote unit tests using JUnit and Mockito.
- Tested and deployed the application on JBoss Application Server; troubleshoot application server issues when necessary.
- Fine-tuned the application, database design, Indexes and queries for performance improvement
- Developed shell scripts to automate different tasks and data transfers to database from different sources.
- Coded Stored Procedures for retrieving and storing data from / to database server.
- Wrote build scripts using Maven and ant.
Environment: Java 7, J2EE, Spring, Spring Integration, Struts, JPA, EJB3, XML, XSLT, JSON, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JSP, Servlet, JDBC, Hibernate, Ant, JUnit, JSF, HTML5, CSS3, AngularJS. Backbone.js, Microservices, Oracle, Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, MQ, Jenkins, Git, tla, Atlassian Jira, IntelliJIDEA, Eclipse, RHEL 6.5, Windows 8.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Responsible for implementing part or all of the technical solution for the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design.
- Provided a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions.
- Worked with the project team to develop and maintain the applications.
- Developed design documentation based on application requirements.
- Developed and tested code per project schedule.
- Escalated risks and issues to the Project Manager.
- Assisted in troubleshooting production support issues.
- Provided technical support and inputs on the application of technology.
- Provided advice on solution and integration opportunities to defined segments.
- Contributed to knowledge tools and communities and ensured project learnings are documented and shared.
- Developed web application using J2EE architecture, worked extensively on Spring and Struts framework, Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, JNDI, Java Beans, XML, XSLT, Java Mail.
- Designing and developing Presentation tier using various JSP, HTML5, CSS3, JSON, Ajax and DHTML; used JSP tag libraries to define custom tags.
- Implemented Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs) and Hibernate to interact with the Oracle database to update, retrieve, insert and delete values effectively.
- Used JAXP parsers to parse XML files.
- Implemented authentication for website using LDAP.
- Rendered XML document to HTML using XSLT transformations.
- Performed client side validations using Java Script.
- Used AJAX on server controls to avoid page post back and page flickering.
- Programmed JDBC connectivity and wrote complex SQL Queries, stored procedures, triggers for retrieving information from Oracle database.
- Used JMS, ActiveMQ to handle messaging between different application modules.
- Developed and consumed SOAP and REST web services using JAX-WS, JAX-RS and spring.
- Wrote unit tests using JUnit.
- Configured and administered WebLogic Server on development environment. Also responsible for developing, deploying and testing application in local development environment.
- Used Ant tasks as well as admin console for building, packaging and deploying application on Web Sphere Server.
- Used XML and JNDI lookups for content and process communication.
- Developed testcases, test plans and specifications for remittance related operations of PO/DD/TT.
- Designed, developed and maintained automated test-scripts using JUnit, HttpUnit and Selenium.
- Analyzed and reviewed code for ensuring software quality.
- Provided training to the users/bankers in using the remittance module.
- Created shell scripts that uses Ant command for building, packaging and deploying application on Web Logic Server.
- Developed shell scripts that carried out the deployment process automatically, taking backup of the system before & after deployment
- Developed shell scripts that performs housekeeping of all the releases or versions that have been deployed on that server.
- Developed Ant Scripts to install relevant patches or fixes on several servers in a row.
Environment: Java, J2EE, HttpUnit, Selenium, JUnit, Struts, Hibernate, Oracle, BugZilla, CVS, Ant, RHEL 4, Windows 2003.
- Developed training module for the management of training classes and certification of staffs of the agencies.
- Developed SComm, an internal mailbox system.
- Developed Provider Administrator module.
- Worked with customers and team members to collect requirements. Used use case and user stories to capture requirements and prioritize functional requirements for releases.
- Paired with QA team to design and develop test plan.
- Prepared documentation of the developed application.
- Provided training to the junior software engineers.
- Developed application modules using core Java, Servlet, J2EE, EJB, JMS, Struts and Spring MVC framework.
- Designed and developed database layer using Oracle, PL/SQL, Hibernate and JDBC.
- Developed complex queries to generate reports using SQL and stored procedures.
- Developed web service layer using REST, SOAP and spring integration.
- Developed workflow of system.
- Developed EJB and Hibernate for accessing persistence layer using the application server.
- Wrote unit tests using JUnit.
- Involved in developing Spring DAO layer for managing database connections.