- Seasoned iOS software developer wif experience developing iOS applications since teh iPhone was first released, wif experience in Objective - C, C/C++. Intimate noledge of UNIX, comfortable working wifin teh confines of teh terminal application running commands manually as well as scripting in languages such as PERL, PHP and BASH. APNS to push notification messages to readers and subscribers. Knowledge and experience integrating frameworks into iOS applications
- CoreData and teh static library libsqlite3 to handle database-related functionality; NewsstandKit and StoreKit to handle all-manner of product sale and distribution; CoreGraphics and QuartzCore for graphics and animation; AudioToolBox, AVFoundation, MediaPlayer and OpenAL for handling audio and video
- CFNetwork to handle low-level network connectivity; CoreText to speed-up text-rendering; MessageUI to handle mail develivery
- Security framework to tighten-up application security; CoreLocation and MapKit to create location-aware widgets; CoreBluetooth to discover/communicate wif third-party Bluetooth-LE devices, query/integrate their services; WatchKit framework to communicate wif teh iWatch and deliver relevant information/notifications to users.
Mobile Software Developer
- Designed, architected and implemented iPad application for Marie Claire Magazine, “Marie Claire’s 2010 Fall Fashion Guide.” Similar in functionality to Gap’s iPad application “1969 Stream.”
- Designed, architected, implemented and currently supporting an iPhone application for Seventeen Magazine, “Seventeen’s Ultimate Fashion Flipbook ”
- Designed, architected, implemented and currently supporting an iPhone application for Redbook Magazine, “Redbook Look, Love, Shop ”
- Co-designed, co-architected and co-implemented original showcase, iPad application for Popular Mechanics (showcased on June, 2010). Application won several s as all pages were animated and interactive.
- Co-designed, co-architected and co-implemented e-reader for Cosmopolitan Magazine’s new magazine, “Cosmo For Guys”, which was available only on teh iPad. Worked on design, architecture and implementation of numerous “widgets” (interactive, animated views) used throughout teh issues.
- Co-designed, co-architected and co-implemented, and currently supporting, e-reader Car & Driver, Cosmopolitan, Cosmo Latina, Country Living, Elle Décor, Food Network, Good Housekeeping, Marie Claire, Popular Mechanics, Redbook, Road & Track, Seventeen, Town & Country, Veranda and Woman’s Day.
- Localized e-reader application.
- Integrated Apple Push Notification Service in all of Hearst’s iPhone and iPad products.
- Re-factored shared classes wifin e-reader application into a single static library, halping speed compile time as well as code-maintenance.
- Implementation of Omniture, Fiksu and Flurry user tracking software through a singleton, thread-safe class, currently being used throughout our e-reader software as well as teh iPhone applications above-mentioned. Class was designed to be thread-safe as calls are being made from multiple threads.
- Designed, architected and implemented singleton class to manage all Core Data-related tasks in order to clean all code, remove all signs of Core Data from teh application, and protect developers from having to no low-level Core Data-related tasks and concentrate on teh task-at-hand by providing them simple, necessary calls. Class was designed to be thread-safe as calls are being made from multiple threads.
- Worked on putting-together a build-server for our company. Build server was born out of teh need for developers to be able to do their work wifout teh constant interruption for necessary builds required by designers, managers and executives. Completely automated. Users are able to create their own builds of our applications from both past and current version as well as in-progress work.
- Hacked Apple’s build process to halp inject source control information into application’s Info.plist file, such as build number being created, branch used to create teh build as well as preventing released builds whenever deemed necessary based on teh branch being used.
- Automated task to maintain our s and provisioning profiles up-to-date by creating BASH scripts which constantly check for their expiration, notifying developers once a and/or provisioning profile is wifin 30 days of expiring.
- Automated task to re-sign builds in order to halp test them in various scenarios. Builds are created for release, which would later be re-signed as either ad-hoc or development. dis halps to get-rid off all teh extra code added by teh compiler for debugging purposes and allows us to see teh application as users would when downloaded from teh iTunes Store.
C / C++ / Objective-C / iPhone Development
- Knowledge and experience programming in Objective-C and leveraging Apple’s Cocoa-based and Cocoa Touch-based SDK’s, especially for teh iPhone (SDK 2, SDK 3 and now learning SDK 4 - Currently developing an application for Apple’s iPad).
- Knowledge of Apple Human Interface Guidelines, Cocoa Performance Guidelines, Code Size Performance Guidelines, Code Speed Performance Guidelines, Coding Guidelines for Cocoa & Cocoa Touch.
- Development of iPhone applications making use of Apple’s Best Practices as well as strictly following User Interface Design Guidelines.
- Knowledge and experiene using Apple’s Core Data, Core Location, Foundation,GameKit, and UIKit frameworks (architecture and objects) as well as APNS (Apple Push Notification Service -- using JSON to format data passed from/to teh server).
- Development of iPhone applications using CoreData (wif a good understanding of teh recently added NSFetchedResultsController class and NSFetchedResultsControllerDelegate protocol and their intimate interaction wif teh UITableView and UITableViewController classes as well as understanding teh versioning process.
- Data architecting of CoreData models needed for iPhone apps.
- Solid noledge of UIView, UIViewController and how they relate to one another as well as interaction of views wif regards to other view controllers such as UINavigationController, UITabBarController.
Confidential, Yardley, PA
- Designed and implemented VBA scripts to be run on MS Excel to run active views for IBM/Cognos/Applix TM1.
- Dimensional modeling in IBM/Cognos/Applix TM1 (as well as in IBM/Cognos 8.x Framework Manager) of new dimensions to be used in new cubes as well as dat of existing dimensions to resolve issues such as double counting elements.
- Designed and implemented scripts in TM1 to create, manage and update cubes, dimensions, elements, attributes and subsets
- Designed and implemented scripts to load and filter data into and out of multiple cubes.
- Install, set-up, configure, update and administer Cognos 8.x BI servers for customers as well as train users on all of teh above and usage of teh same as well of Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Report Studio, Framework Manager.
- Train company staff to install, set-up, configure and update Cognos 8.x BI servers and usage of Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Report Studio, Framework Manager and administration of teh servers.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Provided 24/7 support, maintenance, installation and administration of Cognos Query, Cognos IWR and Cognos PowerPlay servers in a heavily distributed 7.x, later upgraded to 8.x, environment encompassing seven servers and multiple environments.
- Designed, created, supported, maintained and upgraded Cognos Impromptu catalogues, Cognos Impromptu reports, Cognos Transformer OLAP cubes and Cognos PowerPlay reports.
- Dimensional modeling of ODS, ETL processes and Cognos PowerPlay/Transformer for company’s cubes; later in teh 8.x environment using Cognos Framework Manager as well as creation of needed packages to be used in reports.
- Created, supported, maintained and updated Cognos Script, VB Script and Visual C# .NET applications to automate:
- Addition/removal of user classes and privileges in Cognos Access Manager, Cognos Impromptu catalogues, Cognos UpFront and Cognos Access Manager.
- Nightly tasks to shut-down and re-start all Cognos services in all our servers in teh right order, to prevent corruption of datastore, to allow for nightly data refresh in our MS SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Daily/monthly, creation and distribution of financial reports in Cognos Impromptu, Cognos PowerPlay and OLAP cubes in Cognos Transformer to teh appropriate Cognos UpFront newsboxes and archival of teh above mentioned.
- Excelled in our 2004 project to fully re-number our business units in Cognos Access Manager, Cognos UpFront and Cognos Impromptu catalogues by researching exactly one everything gets effected and scripted a solution to be able to run multiple times (Cognos’ consultants had proposed a manual “do only once” solution which was approved by management).
- Used Envisn’s suite of products: Autovisn, Docuvisn and Univisn to automate simple tasks, fully document our distributed environment and audit our production environments.
- Worked in migrating Cognos 7.x reports to Cognos ReportNet and, later, to Cognos 8.x as well as creating new reports, queries and cubes in Cognos 8.x
Confidential, Rutherford, NJ
- Designed and implemented reports using Cognos Impromptu to be used to extract data from MS SQL Server and Sybase databases.
- Designed and implemented stored procedures for MS Access.
- Improved performance of stored procedures presently being used in MS SQL Server and Sybase databases to improve loading time of Visual BASIC forms rich wif data-aware controls.
- Improved loading time of Visual BASIC forms by re-writing Visual BASIC code for forms rich wif data-aware controls.
- Provided solutions and served as noledge-base to other developers wifin teh client’s present organization.
Confidential, Murray Hill, NJ
- Analyzed, designed, implemented, fully documented, supported and maintained SQL and PL/SQL queries, views and store procedures in Oracle for use in ASP applications, OLAP reports and Data warehousing cubes using Cognos Transformer, Cognos PowerPlay and Cognos Impromptu.
- Analyzed, designed, implemented, fully documented, supported and maintained OLAP reports and Data warehousing cubes using Cognos Transformer, Cognos PowerPlay and Cognos Impromptu.
- Acquired and applied wide-range of noledge of teh telecommunications industry.
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
- Provided Y2K support, solutions and conversions to clients’ legacy systems written in Thoroughbred BASIC.
- Provided Visual BASIC expertise in converting UNIX based applications written in Thoroughbred BASIC to Windows implementing them using Visual BASIC and MS SQL Server.
- Provided expertise in designing complex financial reports for clients by implementing complex SQL queries, views, stored procedures and cursors to be used in Seagate Crystal Reports and IQ Objects.
Confidential, Closter, NJ
- Designed templates, websites from templates as well as custom designs using Macromedia Dreamweaver, Macromedia Flash, MS FrontPage and Allaire ColdFusion Studio.
- Analyzed, designed, implemented and fully documented SQL queries for MS Access and MS SQL Server for use in ASP applications and for custom reports designed using Seagate Crystal Reports.
- Designed custom applications for clients using Borland Delphi.
Confidential, Ramsey, NJ
- Designed custom bar-coded labels and integrated third-party bar-coding software tools into proprietary applications written in C/C++.
- Automated clients’ business implementing client/server architecture.
- Programmed clients’ PDT (Portable Data Terminals) using C/C++ to scan and store information.
- Optimized clients’ databases in MS Access.
- Designed front-ends for various applications using Visual BASIC.