- 7+ years of experience as Software Developer, Designing, Development and Enhancements of Android Applications for Smartphone and tablets.
- Hands on experience in developing Android Applications for mobile and tablets using Android Studio and Eclipse.
- 2 years of solid experience working on React Native.
- Good understanding in applying Object - oriented analysis and design (OOAD) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for applications.
- Proficient in understanding of Android User Interface (UI) guidelines, framework API's, application development and memory management.
- Expertise in developingAndroidEnterprise applications for tablets and mobile devices.
- Have hands on experience in usingtheContent ResolverandContent Providerclasses to ensure secure data access to other applications.
- Working experience in RESTful web services to fetch data for the end user and parsing the XML and JSON response using different parsers.
- Extensively worked on push notifications, memory leaks, multiple screen support, content providers, data offline usage, accounts and sync on Android.
- Skilled in developing and debugging Android applications with high usage of threads and multi-threading environments.
- Strong working experience in Android SDK using JAVA and Kotlin.
- Efficient in using android libraries like Google GSON, OkHttp, Picasso, Proguard, Glide and Volley.
- Experience with popular 3rd party Libraries, frameworks and services like RxJava, Dagger and Retfrofit.
- Good understanding and experience on Coroutines.
- Experience inpublishing apps to Google Play Store.
- Experience in design patterns including Composite, Singleton, Session Facade, Decorator and MVC. Skilled in software debugging and troubleshooting.
- Expertise in Web-Development technologies like XML, HTML, Java Script, CSS and AngularJs.
- Excelled in database skills in Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, MySQL and DB2. Expertise in programming with SQL, PL/SQL.
- Good experience in developing and deploying web applications and web services in cloud and experienced in using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google App Engine.
- Experience in developing test cases besides involving in Integration testing, Unit testing and User Acceptance testing extensively.
- Self-motivated, dedicated and very good team player with excellent communications skills including mentoring and presentation skills.
Mobile Technologies: Android SDK, J2ME, React Native, XCode, iOS.
Web Services: REST, XML, JSON
Third Party API’s: OkHttp, Retrofit, Google Services, Volley, AsyncTask, Picasso, ButterKnife, Facebook, Places API, Instagram, GSON, Coroutines, Dagger, Retrofit
DATABASE(S): Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, Sybase and SQL Server 2005/2008, My SQL, MS-Access, DB2, SQLite.
IDE: Eclipse, Android Studio, Net beans, Dreamweaver
Source Control: Sub-Version (SVN), Clear Case, CVS/PVS and VSS (Visual Source Safe), Git, GitHub, Perforce.
Operating System(s): Mac, WindowsNT/2000/2003/XP/7 And Linux (Ubuntu)
Web-service Framework: Apache Axis, SOAP, WSDL, REST, JAX-RS, JAX-WS
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Senior Android Application Developer
- Complete estimates and workplans independently as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
- Worked on Data Binding, moduling of the application.
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline for continues integration and deployment.
- Improved application performance and responsiveness using RxJava and Kotlin.
- Worked on Jetpack and TDD environment.
- Worked on AndroidX component.
- Migrated few existing modules from Java to Kotlin and developed new modules on Kotlin.
- Build partnerships across the application, business and infrastructure teams.
- Champion company standards and best practices. Work to continuously improve software delivery processes and practices.
- Created new features programmatically using Kotlin and Eliminated null point exceptions using Kotlin.
- Used Dagger and Butter Knife to inject the dependencies for supporting the Android platform and its compatibility with plugins of the Kindle readerapp.
- Enabled Coroutines in Android project.
- Create technical system documentation and ensure that this documentation remains current throughout all phases application using confluence.
- Developed custom Java and Kotlin UI libraries for use by third-party apps.
- Develop programming specifications. Design, code and unit test application code using Software Development using agile.
- Utilized Kotlin for higher order functions and delegate design pattern.
- Assist other personnel on assignments including mentoring or providing on-the-job training to more junior associates.
- Communicate with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are managed appropriately and that completed assignments are of the highest quality.
- Mentor team members in software development principles, patterns, processes and practices.
- Direct the day-to-day work activities of other team members.
- Lead and Participate in the design and implementation of large and/or architecturally significant applications.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Sr. Android Application Developer
- Used project libraries like Android Support Library, Utilized Kotlin for higher order functions and delegate design pattern.
- Involved in the design and implementation of the UI, classes, architecture and activities of the mobile application.
- For displaying background images of the app used Frame Layout.
- Involved in implementing Asynchronous tasks for the background operations.
- Developed the app to adapt to different orientations and various resolutions based on the device.
- For keep tracking on what devices, places the application was used developed analytics for the application.
- Dagger, Butter Knife, Event Bus, View Pager, Rx JAVA, ORM-LITE, and another common library.
- Used Red5Pro SDK to allow scalable live streaming and also for second screen apps.
- Implemented android NDK for speeding up the application as we used the bit/byte operations are used for the compression of the images.
- Used Firebase Authentication for login activity and for password and reset password functionality
- Migrated Java code to Kotlin. Introduced coroutines to the project
- IncludedDaggerfor dependency injection for mocking JSON with Mockito into RESTful API web service.
- Implement RxJava2 for multithreading with Retrofit, okhttp caching and functional operators
- Used Retrofit to facilitate data communication over network requests.
- Tested the android application by importing the Espresso API.
- Used Dependency Injection to communicate between Components using azurescript.
- Implemented backend components including Intents, AsyncTask, Services, and WebServices.
- Developer and designed the request and response data to and from gallery.
- Manually tested each and every phase of app life cycle and implemented the changes parallel.
- Administered in all the phases of SDLC from design, development through testing, porting and support of application
Confidential, Berkeley, NJ
Android Software Engineer
- Design and development new feature.
- Implement new GUI guideline for new flagship models.
- Support Android new OS upgrade.
- Support Activation for Verizon, Comcast, charter and USC carrier.
- Support my Verizon services.
- Implement new Bixby feature for Setup wizard.
- Adapted Google new Setup wizard requirement.
- Implement Google Factory reset protection feature.
- Implement Android for Work feature.
- Implement KNOX mobile Enrollment and Google Zero Touch features.
- Handling issues reported from Verizon, Comcast, charter, and USC carrier during validation of new Models.
- Handling issues reported post launch of Confidential models.
- Peer review and feature development in Confidential Android smartphone.
- Customization of Setup wizard modules as per the Carrier requirements.
- Integration of critical issues for SamsungGalaxy models Software Updates.
- Involved in Analysis, design and coding on Java and J2EE Environment.
- Implemented struts MVC framework.
- Maintained the business standards and the requirements in EJB and deployed them on to WebLogic Application Server.
- Designed, developed and implemented the business logic required for Security presentation controller.
- Set up the deployment environment on Web Logic Developed system preferences UI screens using JSP and HTML.
- Developed UI screens using Swing components like JLabel, JTable, JScrollPane, JButtons, JTextFields, etc.
- Used JDBC to connect to Oracle database and get the results that are required.
- Designed asynchronous messaging using Java Message Service (JMS).
- Consumed webservices through SOAP protocol.
- Developed web Components using JSP, Servlets and Server-side components using EJB under J2EE Environment.
- Integrated a crystal report to the application which will show all the details of the vouchers on the paper and used for future reference for the workers.
- Developed a webservice which will retrieve the details from the Database.
- Prepared complete documentation of the WebService developed.
- Prepared a complete documentation of the project and test case documentation with sample inputs Version control is done by using CVS.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JPA/Hibernate, Code Generation, Spring, AOP, ERP customization, Web Services (SOAP), JMS, XML, JDOM, JAXP, JBoss, jBPM, Multi-threading, Lucene, Servlets, AJAX, Mock-up framework, XHTML, CSS, Flash, AS 2.0, Maven2.