- Senior Software Developer with thirty years of experience keeping up with the state of the art in Personal and mid - range computers. I learn new tools, libraries and languages very quickly.
- Have very strong intuitive and holistic debugging skills. Work well independently as well as in teams. I write good documentation and can teach. Am excellent at maintaining the balance between perfection and deadlines.
- I’m a jack-of-all-trades with expertise in computers and a knack for fixing anything.
Languages: Python, Visual C++ & Basic, C, Assembler, COBOL, FORTRAN, etc.
Databases: MySql, Sql Server, Informix, Oracle, Sybase, Access
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Palm OS, many UNIX s, MS-DOS, CPM
Confidential, Burnsville MN
Senior Software Engineer
- Maintained large, extremely high performance middle-ware system for delivery of real time financial prices, data and news. Wrote many scripts for testing and data maintenance. Implemented many enhancements to custom database engines. Modified business logic to fit changing market conditions. Wrote scripts, programs to help the operations department upgrade,maintain, monitor, fix and otherwise run the ProphetX quote server farm
- The “Quote Server Farm Health Monitor” turned into a very large python program that included an extension of over 100,000 lines of C code that faked the entire client server dialog of ProphetX. It generated HTML that updated every few seconds and used some Java Script. Used Python with SOAP to implement both client and server sides of various web services. One project used Django with python and MySql to collect and publish performance information. On call 24-7, often working nights and weekends, when maintenance can be done.
Confidential, Burnsville MN
Senior Project Engineer
- Developed complete software system for a robot that measures cars for body shops. Used windows, embedded Linux, wireless LAN. Developed large image processing library to do laser triangulation, blob analysis and target location that we later used in other measurement systems.
- The robot was COOL, on time, worked great and extremely accurate, but unfortunately was a marketing failure. Developed all software for SlopeMeter, Predator, B-Vision products, from scratch. Implemented Manufacturing Information System based on Parts & Vendors application plus Microsoft office. Also developed other little systems in varied languages. Learned to program a large pick and place robot.
Confidential, St. Paul MN
- Developed small and simple visual basic application to program, via serial port, a new security product. Proposed then developed and tested a palm pilot version of this program. The resulting C code was about 10,000 lines with 15 forms. It took 2 months including testing and Palm pilot ramp up time.
- Finished up a large visual basic application for client in New York. Fixed every bug they threw at me. Used Access, Win Widgets, Graphics Server, and other add ins. Worked at home. Did lots of research using the WEB. Worked on other misc. windows projects.
- Completed large team project emulating the AS400 operating system in UNIX. Worked on Database, RPG Compiler and many miscellaneous utilities. Was responsible for daily releases. Product completely purchased by large Japanese company.
Confidential, Minneapolis MN
- As a software engineer in the R&D Department of a large accounting software house, worked on UNIX Universe and CASE products. Universe is a software layer that allows Lawson products to run on many different UNIX platforms.
- CASE is a system that generates million line COBOL financial applications from a set of data and rule definitions, screen and report layouts, and small blocks of custom code. Independently developed Informix, Oracle, and Sybase gateways that seamlessly connected Lawson applications with third party SQL databases.
- Hired on as “senior scientific programmer”. Evolved into ‘Chief Fire fighter”. Lear is a leader in smoke stack emissions monitoring systems and municipal ambient air quality stations. Finished several problem projects. Wrote firmware for a new opacity monitor. Became software expert for FTIR spectrophotometer and dilution probe systems. Designed and implemented new generation of dilution systems, from plumbing through software control system. Programmed for data acquisition, sequencing, and process control. Did research to discover capacity and durability of new systems. Traveled to problem sights to tough for normal field service staff.