- An accomplished, results - driven Senior Software Engineer with demonstrated success in the design and development of both mobile Android and iPhone application and also ASP.NET MVC web applications and services.
- Over 15 years of software development experience encompassing software architecture design, Systems Analysis, web application & service development, mobile application development.
- Key strength learning and integrating new technologies into existing and new systems.
- Experience developing modern mobile application technologies: GPS, Google Maps API and Facebook API integration, Restful service integration.
- Proven ability to consistently meet project requirements in terms of functionality and timelines.
- Track record for delivering software applications with improved performance and scalability.
Software: Visual Studio, Eclipse, JIRA, Git, Subversion, XCode, Wowza Media Server, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
- Designed and developed backend applications to enable real time communications between veterinarian practices and pet owners using Confidential SMS and PubNub.
- The backend applications ran on AWS Lambda and EC2 with AWS DynamoDB for storage.
- Helped improve performance and reliability of older applications when they were ported to AWS.
- Using C# and .Net WebApi developed RestAPI to support mobile applications for pet parents to communicate with veterinarian practices.
- Sole developer on mobile leadership training application for Know Your Soldiers Initiative, designed for distribution to approximately 300,000 soldiers and leaders in the Confidential .
- Worked with project manager and subcontrators to drive the scope and direction of the project.
- Evaluated program needs and requirements in order to architect mobile application from the ground up.
- Used Confidential ’s cross-platform features along with jQueryMobile to support both Android and iPhone mobile application development.
- Architected and implemented the backend system for a video based job website.
- Built RestAPI using ASP.NET Web API used by Android, iPhone and web clients. MongoDB was used as the database.
- Microsoft’s Azure was used as the cloud service. Videos were stored in and directly streamed from Azure Storage.
- Technical lead on a team of three developers building a social networking application.
- Responsible for reviewing and cleaning up an Android application that was developed through off-shore developers.
- Used standard design patterns to make the more extensible and maintable.
- Added Google Maps and Facebook integration.
- Developed a two Restful backend systems using ASP.NET Web Api.
- Architected a video streaming application using the Wowza media server that included iPhone, Android and web clients.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Restful ASP.NET backend service and the ASP.NET MVC web client.
- Developed a location based social networking Android application.
- The application uses a Restful/JSON API to communicate with the back-end system where the location data is combined with Eventful data and Facebook’s social networking features to give users live event information about their surroundings.
- The application is also able to detect parties or gatherings of 2 or more users and then notify others users of the detected event.
- This application uses the DBScan clustering algorithm running in real time to detect the parties.
- Responsible for all parts of the system - Android client, C# middle tier, SqlServer backend/.NET Entity Framework, and communication with Facebook and other Restful web services.
- Also implemented an iPhone client though it is no longer available.
- Developed a .NET web application for WMATA to monitor bus movements and detect when two or more buses on the same route are running behind schedule and provide status of the routes.
- Developed an application for the DC Public Library for the iPhone written in Objective C.
- The application connected through a web service to the library s online card catalog system to do book searches.
- Developed a web service to exchange user information between the DC Public Library and the DC Dept. of Recreation, written in C# and ASP.NET for a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 backend.
- Developed a suite of applications to track user movement using GPS and cell phones.
- The cell phone application was written in Java and ran on Blackberry smartphones.
- The GPS coordinates were sent to an ASP.NET backend which stored the data in SQL Server 2005. User movements were displayed in a browser page developed in ASP.NET.
- The pages exchanged data with the backend using AJAX and JSON.
Confidential, McLean, Virginia
- Technology startup focused on bringing corporate IT style support to small businesses and home office users.
- Designed and developed Vista applications using C# and WinForms. Applications used standard design patterns, multi threaded techniques and inter-process communication. Industry standard technologies such as web services, XML Schema and data to communicate with same machine services and backend systems.
- Independent contract software development on projects for small internet companies.
- Led technical review of an internet job website.
- Reviewed code base and database for security, reliability, scalability and maintainability issues.
- Made recommendations for improving C# and T-SQL code to bring it in line with Microsoft’s best practices.
- Made changes to the application based on these recommendations. Ported existing website from ASP.NET 1.1 to 2.0.
Confidential, McLean, Virginia
Senior Software Developer / Software Architect
- Designed, developed and maintained software for large-scale e-commerce web portal.
- Established systems architecture design.
- Developed application code in C# and ASP.NET on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 platform using multiple utilities including Visual Studio.NET, Visual SourceSafe and WCC’s Elise matching engine technology. Created new features and enhanced existing functionality.
- Contributed to full software development lifecycle including analysis, design, testing and implementation.
- Designed and developed scalable C# middleware to support web site user load with high levels of performance and availability.
- CareerBuilder, Incorporated Reston, Virginia
- Multi-million dollar online job board and career portal recognized as one of the leading sites for career and job information in direct competition with Monster.com and Hotjobs.com.
Senior Software Developer / Software Architect
- Designed, developed and maintained software for large - scale e-commerce web portal. Established systems architecture design. Developed application code in C++ on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 platform using multiple utilities including Visual C++, MFC and Visual SourceSafe. Created new features and enhanced existing functionality. Contributed to full software development lifecycle including analysis, design, testing and implementation. Utilized C++ exception handling system to resolve program errors. Recommended hardware upgrades based on user load to maintain systems performance and reliability. Mentored junior developers and performed program code audits.
- Designed scaleable, multi-threaded Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 applications in C++ that supported web site user load with high levels of performance and availability. Continuously upgraded, maintained and enhanced software to meet increasing demands of site traffic.
- Performed key role in early design of architecture as the 4th employee for the company. Developed software that helped site mature to leading job board with over 1 million monthly visitors.
- Developed Mega-Search application that enabled users to perform job searches across multiple job boards. Created software to extract, translate, store and reformat data based on user search criteria using C++, TCP/IP Winsock Library, HTTP, HTML, regular expressions, multiple threading and Microsoft Asynchronous IO.
- Developed template language similar to ASP using C++ and MKS Lex & Yacc. Utilized template language to streamline development of web user interface.
- Pioneered development of software that enhanced the management and periodic searching of career websites. Co-inventor on patents 5,978,768 and 6,370,510.